NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Tory Bombshell

3 posters

Go down

New Tory Bombshell Empty New Tory Bombshell

Post by Irn Bru Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:33 am

Iain Duncan Smith targets poor pensioners with plans to scrap free bus passes and winter fuel allowance

Iain Duncan Smith tonight stepped up the Tory war on the poor by turning his sights on society’s most vulnerable.

The penny-pinching Work and Pensions Secretary wants to slash winter fuel allowances for pensioners and scrap their free bus passes and TV licences in a move that would spell misery for millions of people.

His cruel cuts could mean OAPs having to choose between heating their homes or eating as they lose up to £300 in cold weather payments.

And the over-75s would also have to fork out £145 for TV licences.

Mr Duncan Smith’s move finally destroyed any claim the party had to being caring Conservatives.

And it flies in the face of David Cameron’s election pledge to rule out cuts to pensioner ­benefits.

Mr Duncan Smith, whose flagship Universal Credit policy is in chaos, said the Government was discussing whether to put OAP payments into a wider Whitehall cap on welfare spending.

He revealed today: “We need maximum flexibility with the cap. Pretty much all existing ringfences will have to disappear.”

Shadow Chief ­Secretary to the Treasury Chris Leslie said: “There are clearly major divisions within the Government over whether to cap pensioner benefits.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/iain-duncan-smith-targets-poor-3109721#.UvCkWvvOzXQ

I really can't see Cameron letting this goon get away with this but if he does then it will be one of the worst things this shambles of a government will have done in the years since they were elected.

Get them out.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

New Tory Bombshell Empty Re: New Tory Bombshell

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:08 am

More leftwing lies and spin from the Mirror. Duncan-Smith's talking about a cap on these benefits, i.e. it will only affect WEALTHY pensioners, not poor ones!!! Anyway, Cameron's against it, so it probably won't happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:06 am

This is lib dem and labour policy you goon as you well know. Tess has hit the nail on the head.

You are as good at two faced as sassy irn bru that's a real achievement there comrade. Respect!!

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:05 pm

So, he finally tore off the mask and revealed the evil face of the nasty party.

For four years, the Tories have been conning the public with assurances that the NHS and the welfare state were safe in their hands.

It was always a lie, of course, but they had to stick to the script to maintain the illusion of “caring Conservatism” – a contradiction in terms if ever I heard one.

But now Iain Duncan Smith has come clean, with the boast that nothing is safe from the cuts. Not the health service, nor pensions, nor benefits for the poor, the jobless and the disabled, nor tax credits and housing benefit.

Everything is up for the axe in the IDS bonfire of the ringfences in public spending. He’s gone much further than David Cameron, who in the past ruled out such draconian measures. His strategic policy foray risks opening up a split at the top in the Coalition.

But even if the details are fuzzy, the direction of travel is plain. Prime targets for the chop are the winter fuel allowance for pensioners, free TV licences for the over-75s and old folks’ bus passes. The savings will be relatively small but the suffering immense.

And it just had to be IDS who did the biz – a well-off Cabinet minister who lives in a big house on £140,000 a year and all expenses paid. He’s all in favour of hair shirts, as long as the other fellow is wearing it.

At least we now see them in plain sight. No more pussy-footing around. No more pretence. This is what the Tories really want. We can’t say we haven’t been warned.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/paul-routledge-iain-duncan-smiths-3109740#ixzz2sMkNuk15
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil Tory scum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:08 pm

Catman wrote:

So, he finally tore off the mask and revealed the evil face of the nasty party.

For four years, the Tories have been conning the public with assurances that the NHS and the welfare state were safe in their hands.

It was always a lie, of course, but they had to stick to the script to maintain the illusion of “caring Conservatism” – a contradiction in terms if ever I heard one.

But now Iain Duncan Smith has come clean, with the boast that nothing is safe from the cuts. Not the health service, nor pensions, nor benefits for the poor, the jobless and the disabled, nor tax credits and housing benefit.

Everything is up for the axe in the IDS bonfire of the ringfences in public spending. He’s gone much further than David Cameron, who in the past ruled out such draconian measures. His strategic policy foray risks opening up a split at the top in the Coalition.

But even if the details are fuzzy, the direction of travel is plain. Prime targets for the chop are the winter fuel allowance for pensioners, free TV licences for the over-75s and old folks’ bus passes. The savings will be relatively small but the suffering immense.

And it just had to be IDS who did the biz – a well-off Cabinet minister who lives in a big house on £140,000 a year and all expenses paid. He’s all in favour of hair shirts, as long as the other fellow is wearing it.

At least we now see them in plain sight. No more pussy-footing around. No more pretence. This is what the Tories really want. We can’t say we haven’t been warned.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/paul-routledge-iain-duncan-smiths-3109740#ixzz2sMkNuk15
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil Tory scum.

Yep.Just like Labour scum Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:10 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Iain Duncan Smith targets poor pensioners with plans to scrap free bus passes and winter fuel allowance

Iain Duncan Smith tonight stepped up the Tory war on the poor by turning his sights on society’s most vulnerable.

The penny-pinching Work and Pensions Secretary wants to slash winter fuel allowances for pensioners and scrap their free bus passes and TV licences in a move that would spell misery for millions of people.

His cruel cuts could mean OAPs having to choose between heating their homes or eating as they lose up to £300 in cold weather payments.

Mr Duncan Smith’s move finally destroyed any claim the party had to being caring Conservatives.

And it flies in the face of David Cameron’s election pledge to rule out cuts to pensioner ­benefits.

Mr Duncan Smith, whose flagship Universal Credit policy is in chaos, said the Government was discussing whether to put OAP payments into a wider Whitehall cap on welfare spending.

He revealed today: “We need maximum flexibility with the cap. Pretty much all existing ringfences will have to disappear.”

Shadow Chief ­Secretary to the Treasury Chris Leslie said: “There are clearly major divisions within the Government over whether to cap pensioner benefits.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/iain-duncan-smith-targets-poor-3109721#.UvCkWvvOzXQ

I really can't see Cameron letting this goon get away with this but if he does then it will be one of the worst things this shambles of a government will have done in the years since they were elected.

Get them out.

Good afternoon Irn Bru.

Incorrect information.Please try to post the truth instead of lies & your once well respected credibilty will be restored.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:44 pm

Tess. wrote:More leftwing lies and spin from the Mirror.  Duncan-Smith's talking about a cap on these benefits, i.e. it will only affect WEALTHY pensioners, not poor ones!!!  Anyway, Cameron's against it, so it probably won't happen.  

It was in the Daily Mail as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2551453/Pensioner-benefits-like-winter-fuel-allowance-free-bus-passes-cut-plans-cap-welfare-spending.html

Iain Duncan Smith says almost all ringfences will have to 'disappear'

I did say that I thought Cameron would oppose it.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:45 pm

Shady wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:Iain Duncan Smith targets poor pensioners with plans to scrap free bus passes and winter fuel allowance

Get them out.

Good afternoon Irn Bru.

Incorrect information.Please try to post the truth instead of lies & your once well respected credibilty will be restored.

Sorry 'bout that Chief. Chain locker is it?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:48 pm

Doesn't mention anything about it being just for wealthy pensioners does it? He is suggesting it for all pensioners.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:56 pm

https://twitter.com/IDS_MP

:<:i}: :<:i}: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:59 pm

Tess. wrote:https://twitter.com/IDS_MP

:<:i}: :<:i}: 

Oh excellent, Tess.

lol! 
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:02 pm

Trouble is Tess, I can image him thinking all of those  Shocked 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:09 pm

Get them out.

Dirty , sleakit Conservatits, a far cry for the bollocks claims of pensioners buss passes being safe, as well as cold weather payments,,,,

I really hope Britain has the sense to see no return of these mummies Eton educated boys to office next year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:24 pm

I repeat for jd the hard of thinking these plans have been floated by the liberals and Ed Balls is well keen to implement them.
Cameron isnt I take it you support Cameran not Balls then you Scots Donks.
How thick are you attacking your own policies.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:13 am

Clarkson wrote:I repeat for jd the hard of thinking these plans have been floated by the liberals and Ed Balls is well keen to implement them.

Show me the evidence that Labour plan to scrap these benefits.

As always you never come up with anything when questioned and I doubt this one will be any different.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:24 am

Clarkson wrote:I repeat for jd the hard of thinking these plans have been floated by the liberals and Ed Balls is well keen to implement them.

Drinky, your always telling lies on her, more so now than ever as your shiting it for the next GE, incase Labour do sneak it.

Irn asked you if you had a link about Labour scrapping benefits, where is it?, ...

Your made up motto is....if Cameron's gonna axe or cut something else, then Ed or Balls will do it worse, ffs. Rolling Eyes 

Less of the Scots donks, no need for it. :D...

Unless you meant to say us Scots have big dongs?, in that case you would be correct  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:51 am

Joy Division wrote:

Drinky, your always telling lies on her, more so now than ever as your shiting it for the next GE, incase Labour do sneak it.

Irn asked you if you had a link about Labour scrapping benefits, where is it?, ...

Your made up motto is....if Cameron's gonna axe or cut something else, then Ed or Balls will do it worse, ffs. Rolling Eyes 

Less of the Scots donks, no need for it. :D...

Unless you meant to say us Scots have big dongs?, in that case you would be correct
 Laughing 

Very true JD. We're much in demand with girls all over the world for that characteristic. Very tiring at times but we're up for it and never let them down. Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:21 am

Irn Bru wrote:

Show me the evidence that Labour plan to scrap these benefits.

As always you never come up with anything when questioned and I doubt this one will be any different.

Idiot this has been the subject of question time in Parliament. Balls has spoken about the need to remove these from wealthy pensioners on more than one occasion. I thought you knew your leaders thoughts.

The Liberals and Labour are as one on this. It is generally the Tories who are dead set against it not least because it is administratively difficult.

I am dead set against it because the folks who have paid the most as usual get sod all back.

remember it is you spiteful lefties who attack the well off not us Tories.

Goons!!!

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:23 am

Here is one about winter fuel payments http://stage.skynews.com/story/1098605/winter-fuel-labour-pledges-cuts-for-rich

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:24 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ed-balls-on-labours-spending-plans-we-would-scrap-winter-fuel-payouts-for-rich-pensioners-8642143.html

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:26 am

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2013/08/its-time-to-be-realistic-about-benefits-allow-wealthy-pensioners-to-decline-them/

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:29 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5HgmfTC_UE

The move on pensioner benefits was begun by Labour. Conclusive proof. The additional TV licences can be justified but might be too difficult to administer.quote Balls. I.e. he is in favour but may be too difficult.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:25 pm

Good evening Clarkson.

I to have see & read those articles & though I don't support any of the 3 main parties,why on Earth anyone would want to vote for Labour is beyond logic or comprehension.

When we bear in mind the damage that they have done to the UK one can only assume that future Labour voters like being mistreated & abused...........Sexual deviants spring to mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:42 am

BIG, BIG DIFFERENCE.

Labour only want to do take this benefit from pensioners who have enough money not to need it. Conservatives want to take it from ALL pensioners, including the poorest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:40 pm

I have a view that universal benefits are best left as that. When you attempt to recoup them you spend too much in administration.

I also have a view that saving for your retirement will be a waste of time in a Labour Britain. Labour will not thank you for it they will punish you.

Better we all do as Sassy does. Spend everything and live of the state.

Do you see the flaw Sassy even with your very very limited intelligence.

The theme of the left is tax everyone to death as they work. If they manage to save anything punish them. What a template for society.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:58 am

Clarkson wrote:I have a view that universal benefits are best left as that. When you attempt to recoup them you spend too much in administration.

I also have a view that saving for your retirement will be a waste of time in a Labour Britain. Labour will not thank you for it they will punish you.

The theme of the left is tax everyone to death as they work. If they manage to save anything punish them. What a template for society.

VAT
Pasties
Caravans
Grannies
North Sea Oil levy

That's just off the top of my head Drinky. All Osborne's.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:04 am

Clarkson wrote:I have a view that universal benefits are best left as that. When you attempt to recoup them you spend too much in administration.

I might be retired, but my Other Half works very long hours at a very responsible job that pays a pittance. At 63 on Monday he leaves here at 5.30 in the morning and very often doesn't get back until 8 at night. So fuck off Drinky, I won't have him disparaged by the likes of you. They shot you through the stupid forest and you didn't miss a tree.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:20 am

Why do you have to mention Sassy, in every other post?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down