NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eco-warrior Vivienne Westwood, 76, claims the secret to staying young is having a bath just ONCE a week - after previously admitting she rarely showers

+3
Vintage
eddie
HoratioTarr
7 posters

Go down

Eco-warrior Vivienne Westwood, 76, claims the secret to staying young is having a bath just ONCE a week - after previously admitting she rarely showers Empty Eco-warrior Vivienne Westwood, 76, claims the secret to staying young is having a bath just ONCE a week - after previously admitting she rarely showers

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:16 pm

Dame Vivienne Westwood says the secret to staying young is only having a bath once a week.
The 76-year-old fashion designer advised that people shouldn't 'wash too much' - before her husband Andreas Kronthaler, 51, revealed that she 'only takes a bath every week'.

Kronthaler, who is also a fashion designer, then went on to joke that he only washes 'once a month'.
Westwood, who is well known for being an eco-warrior, has previously admitted that she rarely showers - and reuses her husband's dirty bath water.

She previously explained: 'Normally at home I’m not used to the habit of a shower.
'I just wash my bits and rush out in the morning and more often than not get in the bath after Andreas.'
The designer has previously starred in a campaign for animal rights group PETA, which shows her having a shower.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4937974/Vivienne-Westwood-reveals-bathes-week.html?login#readerCommentsCommand-message-field
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Eco-warrior Vivienne Westwood, 76, claims the secret to staying young is having a bath just ONCE a week - after previously admitting she rarely showers Empty Re: Eco-warrior Vivienne Westwood, 76, claims the secret to staying young is having a bath just ONCE a week - after previously admitting she rarely showers

Post by eddie Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:59 pm

Perhaps at 76, you don't get as smelly? A younger woman who menstruates and is sexually active needs to shower every day....or is it just me? scratch
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Eco-warrior Vivienne Westwood, 76, claims the secret to staying young is having a bath just ONCE a week - after previously admitting she rarely showers Empty Re: Eco-warrior Vivienne Westwood, 76, claims the secret to staying young is having a bath just ONCE a week - after previously admitting she rarely showers

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:02 pm

eddie wrote:Perhaps at 76, you don't get as smelly? A younger woman who menstruates and is sexually active needs to shower every day....or is it just me? scratch

Everyone needs a shower. Men don't menstruate and they stink too if they don't bathe. Everyone needs to get a shower or bath every single day.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:04 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:Perhaps at 76, you don't get as smelly? A younger woman who menstruates and is sexually active needs to shower every day....or is it just me? scratch

Everyone needs a shower.  Men don't menstruate and they stink too if they don't bathe.    Everyone needs to get a shower or bath every single day.

I don't wash my hair everyday. I never have.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:05 pm

eddie wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Everyone needs a shower.  Men don't menstruate and they stink too if they don't bathe.    Everyone needs to get a shower or bath every single day.

One would hope you wash your arse every day though.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:29 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Of course. Razz
Actually I'm really quite feminine in that I like to smell and look nice anyway.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:40 pm

Well, people seemed to manage not to stink everywhere out years ago. A strip wash can suffice. In WW2 all services were taught to wash with minimum water, like a basin full, many already knew how to do that from not having having water on tap and no bathrooms. I remember my aunts and sisters having detachable washable pads to put in the underarm of blouses and jumpers plus making homemade antiperspirants. I don't remember anyone smelling any more than people do now, probably less to be honest. No empty cans or plastic bottles to throw away either. Strip washes were a bit of an ordeal though - no heating just the warm water and a brisk drying with a towel but it did wake you up and get the blood flowing. Clothes were sponged and brushed and generally taken care of between wearing and washed only when required. Now we wear and wash and don't really care about the water we use or the detergeant we send down the drains and eventually the oceans I suppose. So maybe using the bath or shower every day isn't such a good idea, the way things are going at least in some areas, people will have to get used to that kind of washing.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:28 pm

I had a new knee three years ago, I couldn't bathe or shower for 2 to 3 weeks after, and it didn't bother me at all.
A good all over wash every morning, a dab of Chanel No 5....and I was ready to go, hopefully  without turning anyones stomach. Eco-warrior Vivienne Westwood, 76, claims the secret to staying young is having a bath just ONCE a week - after previously admitting she rarely showers 2385359624
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:15 pm

I have a shower once a year, weather I need it or not !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:21 am

What a Face

Stating everybody needs a shower "every day" is pure ignorance...

This  is one of those subjects where the  frequency of bathing depends on several inter-related factors, such as,  for example  :

*  The individual's normal level of ponginess
*  The availabilty of a bath or shower
*  Your degree of personal hygiene
*  One's level of physical activity
*  Where you and how you work
*  Your general state of health
*  The climate and weather
*  What you eat and drink
*  What you wear
*  Deoderants
Etc., etc.,  etc...

P.S. I laugh at the concept of Vivienne Westwood being an "Eco-Warrior"  --  more like an "eco-dilettante", (viz. her associating with PETA..)  !        tongue
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:40 am

eddie wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Of course.  Razz
Actually I'm really quite feminine in that I like to smell and look nice anyway.

Feminine

Ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:42 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:What a Face

This  is one of those subjects where the  frequency of bathing depends on several inter-related factors, such as,  for example  :

*  What you wear
*  Deoderants
Etc., etc.,  etc...

P.S. I laugh at the concept of Vivienne Westwood being an "Eco-Warrior"  --  more like an "eco-dilettante", (viz. her associating with PETA..)  !        tongue

You civilians make me sick.

Crabby bastards

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:52 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:What a Face

*  What you wear
*  Deoderants
Etc., etc.,  etc...

You civilians make me sick.

Crabby bastards

you're just mad because smelly is your name on the bus too Eco-warrior Vivienne Westwood, 76, claims the secret to staying young is having a bath just ONCE a week - after previously admitting she rarely showers 2387050134
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down