NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two girls living three miles apart prove how divided Britain really is... but a TV experiment has shown deep-rooted cultural barriers CAN be overcome

+2
eddie
veya_victaous
6 posters

Go down

Two girls living three miles apart prove how divided Britain really is... but a TV experiment has shown deep-rooted cultural barriers CAN be overcome   Empty Two girls living three miles apart prove how divided Britain really is... but a TV experiment has shown deep-rooted cultural barriers CAN be overcome

Post by Guest Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:07 pm

[*]Siobhan, 16, and Farhana, 17, live three miles from each other in West Yorkshire
[*]But they had never met before agreeing to take part in Channel 4 documentary
[*]It aims to see if two teens in segregated pockets of Britain can become friends
[*]The neighbours have much in common, including make-up, fashion and school
[*]But at one point, Siobhan says Farhana wouldn't last long in her neighbourhood 
[*]'They would be harassed,' says Siobhan's mother Brigid, quite matter-of-factly

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4845422/Two-girls-prove-divided-Britain-really-is.html#ixzz4rXQuvZzd 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Two girls living three miles apart prove how divided Britain really is... but a TV experiment has shown deep-rooted cultural barriers CAN be overcome   Empty Re: Two girls living three miles apart prove how divided Britain really is... but a TV experiment has shown deep-rooted cultural barriers CAN be overcome

Post by veya_victaous Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:31 am

reading the opinions on here it is not surprising at all.
Amazing how well the Muslims in Britain put up with the ignorant.

we see day in day out the same cowardly ignorant nonsense from the same few posters on here that are simply too scared to go and talk and be friendly with a Muslim.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Two girls living three miles apart prove how divided Britain really is... but a TV experiment has shown deep-rooted cultural barriers CAN be overcome   Empty Re: Two girls living three miles apart prove how divided Britain really is... but a TV experiment has shown deep-rooted cultural barriers CAN be overcome

Post by eddie Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:34 am

veya_victaous wrote:reading the opinions on here it is not surprising at all.

we see day in day out the same cowardly ignorant nonsense from the same few posters on here that are simply too scared to go and talk and be friendly with a Muslim.  

Please don't tar everyone with the same brush. That's not fair.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:45 am

Well as seen the above shows you clearly do not read posts or understand the difference between being critical of beliefs and discrimination/prejudice against Muslims. I want more than anything for people to get along. This can be at times difficult when beliefs clash. Especially when those beliefs effect the well being and equality of people. Now the majority of Muslim are integrated here but a substantial number. Have no intention of doing so and have a clear goal. Just the same as some Far right wing people have no wish to integrate with any immigrants, where they also have a clear goal. The same with the Far left. Neither goals are good as they wish to enforce their beliefs onto others. Which is why its so important to challenge poor beliefs and be highly critical.

The only ignorance I see on this forum, is daily spouted by someone so hateful as you.

You have not a clue about the UK and clearly never will with your close-minded ignorance

Its amazing really, people like myself want to help Islam reform and come forward into the 21st century and back those progressive secular Muslims championing this. You though however wish to maintain Islam remaining firmly in the 7th century. Thus ensuring the continued oppression of women, homosexuals, any non-Islamic belief group etc.

Like I say, you clearly suffer from Islamophilia.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:51 am

eddie wrote:

Please don't tar everyone with the same brush. That's not fair.  

I didn't Tar everyone, and 100% stand by what I said
If I was to judge the UK based on the opinions posted here I would assume it is a very racist place.
where dim wits spouted opinions based of what they read or some shit and never actually spoke to other people.

And at the same time we see other poster with the "Why don't Muslims call them out" bullshit
so same can be asked of Brits. Why don't you call the racists out?

Like i said OP is totally what i'd expect based on what is posted here. just complete ignorance based in fear and failure to even attempt to make friends and treat people just like people and not some dumb ass sterotype or literal believer in fairytales. (like Thorin's nonsense post, that treats it like there is a some magic barrier and difference between people cause some old book blah )
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:59 am

Will you say that when they are cutting your stupid head off, come into the real world and read and see whats going on. The Muslims you know are all "Uncle Toms".
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:38 am

nicko wrote:Will you say that when they are cutting your stupid head off,   come into the real world and read and see whats going on.   The Muslims you know are all "Uncle Toms".

I know FAR more Muslims than you and I have absolutely zero concern for Muslims cutting my head off which is just fucking dumb to think that, also I not a coward that is scared to make friends different than myself. Braver is the man in the trenches that ask the 'enemy' to a game of soccer on Christmas than the pee stained coward that takes pot shots a shadows cause he's convinced himself the men on the other side are inhuman monsters

and THANKS for proving my first point Wink what hope do the children have when such disgusting cowardly thinking is displayed by their elders.

Let see how many come a condemn you. If not my second point is also proven Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:00 am

And yet again Veya eloquently proves how he has not got clue about the UK or the rest of the world.

His argument is now because he knows a minuscule amount of Muslims but not hundred's of millions, nor out side Australia. Makes him come to the conclusion, there is no issue at all with Islam. To him, no persecution of women, homosexuals, Christians, Jews, Druze, Yazidi's and even other Muslims. Making him naive to extremists and Muslim terrorists. He is rightly concerned about Far Right extremists, but not religious extremists, who at present pose the bigger danger than Far Right extremism.

So my points again

Well as seen the above shows you clearly do not read posts or understand the difference between being critical of beliefs and discrimination/prejudice against Muslims. I want more than anything for people to get along. This can be at times difficult when beliefs clash. Especially when those beliefs effect the well being and equality of people. Now the majority of Muslim are integrated here but a substantial number. Have no intention of doing so and have a clear goal. Just the same as some Far right wing people have no wish to integrate with any immigrants, where they also have a clear goal. The same with the Far left. Neither goals are good as they wish to enforce their beliefs onto others. Which is why its so important to challenge poor beliefs and be highly critical.

The only ignorance I see on this forum, is daily spouted by someone so hateful as you.

You have not a clue about the UK and clearly never will with your close-minded ignorance

Its amazing really, people like myself want to help Islam reform and come forward into the 21st century and back those progressive secular Muslims championing this. You though however wish to maintain Islam remaining firmly in the 7th century. Thus ensuring the continued oppression of women, homosexuals, any non-Islamic belief group etc.

Like I say, you clearly suffer from Islamophilia

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:06 am

No point in arguing with such a closed mind as yours, when you'v grown up you may see what's happening, What was the bit about the football game in the First World War supposed to mean? You really are a backward child when it comes to the real world. Do you know nothing about the Rapes and Robberies that Muslims are carrying out all over Europe? Take your appeasing head out of your arse and see what's going on !!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:18 am

As to calling out racists in the UK.
We do this all the time.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t21887p50-car-passenger-launches-foul-mouthed-racist-tirade-of-abuse-at-Muslim-worshippers-paying-their-respects-to-the-dead-at-a-cemetery-as-part-of-eid-rituals#418554

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:28 am

Thorin wrote:And yet again Veya eloquently proves how he has not got clue about the UK or the rest of the world.

His argument is now because he knows a minuscule amount of Muslims but not hundred's of millions, nor out side Australia. Makes him come to the conclusion, there is no issue at all with Islam. To him, no persecution of women, homosexuals, Christians, Jews, Druze, Yazidi's and even other Muslims. Making him naive to extremists and Muslim terrorists. He is rightly concerned about Far Right extremists, but not religious extremists, who at present pose the bigger danger than Far Right extremism.

So my points again

and you know none and pretend they are all literal believers WHICH the OP article rightly points out is bullshit. And I do argue against Islam when it is appropriate like when a Muslims say they hate gays because of the koran, not like you that is just prejudice and bullying by completely making up bullshit about what Muslim people ACTAULLY believe, you just attack all Muslims because you read that they supposedly believe something, you do the same with Christians.

You don't want to help anything, you want to have some make believe bogey man to blame so you dont have to grow up and accept that people are people they don't have to conform to your narrow minded view and INFACT the vast majority don't

as the OP points out the ones that have to fear being abused are the Muslims. It is the non-Muslims that admit they were wrong and the non-Muslim community are wrong about Islam.

Look at the racist geranium nicko trying to act like Muslims are the reason for rapes and robberies that have literally been like that forever. you 2 are not different than every other pea brained coward through out history proven wrong by time and civility, whether it's being scared by commies, Jews, Catholics, Muslims or the people on the next hill.

LOOK at this thread
OP about how Muslims and Anglo are the same but the Anglos refuse to be friends with Muslims in their area. if the Anglos were just civil and treated other people like people and not a bogeyman stereotype they got from a 1400 year old book, they can all get along.. LITERALLY the point of the OP

and here we have 2 differing sorts of racist PROVING the OP to be true, and all I posted was that YES based on the posts I see on this site this is what I would expect.

SO I 100% agree with the OP and 100% stand by my statement that based on the posts (even just in this thread) I would assume that was the case in the UK
You have some old wanker muttering about being decapitated. and a pea brain that doesn't understand that he is being critical of a Make believe bogey man, that literally takes an article on how easy to get along with an average British Muslims is to go on a crusade about some completely unrelated shit in Saudi Arabia (the only thing in common is Muslim but if someone is Muslim that is all you see, you may as well be talking to Swiss about racism in the USA since they are both white )
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:30 am

Thorin wrote:As to calling out racists in the UK.
We do this all the time.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t21887p50-car-passenger-launches-foul-mouthed-racist-tirade-of-abuse-at-Muslim-worshippers-paying-their-respects-to-the-dead-at-a-cemetery-as-part-of-eid-rituals#418554

if you call that call that calling out racists, no wonder you defend neo Nazis and pro slavery white supremacists
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:39 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Thorin wrote:As to calling out racists in the UK.
We do this all the time.

if you call that call that calling out racists,  no wonder you defend neo Nazis and pro slavery white supremacists

Ah when all else fails make unfounded accusations against the poster instead of taking on their points.

Let me reiterate again.

I stand against all extremists, whether political, religious ect.

That means I am critical of all of them and have always been critical.

You seem to think because I denounce violence against protests, this makes me a defender of Nazism and White Supremacy.

It does not and it shows you have not got a clue.

So let me educate you on a little history, yet again.

How you equate this to beating up people who's views you do not like shows again that I have to explain how such violence did not stop Nazism. In fact such violence escalated in Germany, gaining support for the Nazis.

From 1918 saw communist groups attack any right leaning or centrist group in Germany. Which to combat this saws the rise of the Freikorps, former German soldiers. You see it was not Nazism that started the violence but the Communists with the Spartacus rising. You see yet again this led to the rise of Nazi Brownshirts on the streets, due to again the Far left violence. So now this escalation of violence saw people come to support the Nazi's more and more. So the Far left with its violence helped create Far right groups to counter its violence. Of course the Brownshirt attacked others groups as well like Jews, due to racial hatred. They also hated Jews, because they believed that Communism came from Jews. Leading to more and more violence when many innocents suffered. All the left extremist militants in Germany were funded by the Soviet Union. People though were seduced by Hitlers lies and hate and then it was too late,

They were going nowhere of course the Nazi's with very few seats in 1928 and only later capitalized on the economic disaster from Wall street Crash 1929. So leftist violence did not to stem the rise of Hitler, in fact it aided his rise to power.

I mean what gets me, is that there has always been a problem of the Far Right in America, mainly from the religious right as well, that has caused terrorism for years in the US, comparable to Islamic terrorism in the number of attacks, but not death toll, the Islamic death toll massively higher. This has gone on for years and you only now think its a problem, when it has been for years? Have you been in hibernation?

You say to fight Nazi's, yet never year you say fight Islamic extremism. The later being a greater threat to American that American Nazism?

Why is that?

The reality is America has always combated Nazism and white supremacy extremely well, and why it has amounted to nothing more than small fringe hate groups in America.

https://www.adl.org/education/resources/profiles/national-socialist-movement

So your view to use as an excuse for communists to basically attack anyone, their views are against, which is what Antifa is. As they attack and shut down anything they do not like. As they are anti-secular, anti-democratic and anti-liberal and you want to join ranks with them? They are equivalent in hate to the white supremacist groups in American.

I condemn all extremism. When what the US needs now is unity, not more and more violence from the Far left and Far Right. Not a blood bath that will turn into a civil war, where countless innocents with suffer, being caught up in the crossfire of this violence. You will never learn from history.

You combat the Far Right, with what has always been done, to allow themselves to show themselves up as hateful idiots. To reason against their hate and stand in unity against them. They don't need to be made to look the victims, as they will. If Far left idiots beat them up at protests. You stupidly do not see that you provide a victim status for them to play off. Which they will capitalize on.

This is the point your hero Noam Chomsky was talking about, when Antifa is a gift to the right. It also shows is he understands history well and where the last time there were pitched battles constantly, it was the left that lost and that Nazi's rose to power.

You combat hate with reason, not violence in a secular society. I mean have you learnt nothing from Martin Luther King?

Did he fight for Civil rights using violence?

No and yet at every-turn African Americans were attacked at rallies and protests with countless violence.

Did that stop Martin Luther King?

No

Did even after he was killed, stop the momentum of Civil rights?

No

You see how utterly clueless you are?

In other words the White Supremacists will never attain power without the support of the American people and the vast majority are against White supremacy.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:53 am

Might have known Quill would "put his oar in" but as usual a load of waffle. If man is supposed to be a Lawyer i'm fcuking glad he would never be called to defend me !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:00 am

Don't forget to comment on this bit from the article

In the programme, we see filming halted — after the girls are finding common ground — when Farhana's mother becomes concerned about what people in her community will feel about her associating with a non-Muslim.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:05 am

veya_victaous wrote:

LOOK at this thread
OP about how Muslims and Anglo are the same but the Anglos refuse to be friends with Muslims in their area. if the Anglos were just civil and treated other people like people and not a bogeyman stereotype they got from a 1400 year old book, they can all get along.. LITERALLY the point of the OP

There's another telling moment when Farhana's family allow her to go on a shopping trip with Siobhan, an unheard-of liberty ('My parents choose my clothes,' Farhana admits, 'whatever they like, I like').

Out in the mall, she spots a friend of her dad's, but is relieved that he doesn't seem to have recognised her. Oh, but he has, and is immediately on the phone to her father, asking if he is aware of where she is and who she is with.

You really need to look at both sides Veya.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:24 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Thorin wrote:And yet again Veya eloquently proves how he has not got clue about the UK or the rest of the world.

So my points again

and you know none and pretend they are all literal believers WHICH the OP article rightly points out is bullshit. And I do argue against Islam when it is appropriate like when a Muslims say they hate gays because of the koran, not like you that is just prejudice and bullying by completely making up bullshit about what  Muslim people ACTAULLY believe, you just attack all Muslims because you read that they supposedly believe something, you do the same with Christians.
Thorin wrote: How does it point out its bullshit? So you only are critical when its appropriate? Really?
Islam teaches that Homosexuality is a sin, that it is wrong and that they will suffer in the after life. That is what Islam teaches. Do you not think that this will then create a clash of many Muslims with homosexuals in society? As it already does? You again further lie and prove my point that you do not understand the difference between criticism and discrimination.

I mean it took centuries to get past all the Christian bullshit of hate against homosexuals in the country and Pauline Christianity hate teaching against women.

You don't want to help anything, you want to have some make believe bogey man to blame so you dont have to grow up and accept that people are people they don't have to conform to your narrow minded view and INFACT the vast majority don't
Thorin wrote:So more points about me and nothing on my points making further unfounded accusations

as the OP points out the ones that have to fear being abused are the Muslims. It is the non-Muslims that admit they were  wrong and the non-Muslim community are wrong about Islam.
Thorin wrote:Yes this is true, a fear of being ostracized by their own community. The point you glaringly miss. There is no doubt there is some anti-Muslim hatred in this country, but its far worse for Muslims to suffer hate from within their own community.

Look at the racist geranium nicko trying to act like Muslims are the reason for rapes and robberies that have literally been like that forever. you 2 are not different than every other pea brained coward through out history proven wrong by time and civility, whether it's being scared by commies, Jews, Catholics, Muslims or the  people on the next hill.
Thorin wrote:So yet more unfounded accusations, just scream racism, and that makes you think you can all him a racist. When he certainly is not one. Well for a certain crime in grooming gangs, of which he is speaking of, they are the vast majority of offenders who are mainly racially targeting white girls.

So why is that happening and why was it that the authorities were afraid of doing anything due to fears of racism? When there has been an endemic of this crime going on for years. Even the Sikhs spoke out against Muslim Pakistanis doing this in the 1980's and nobody listened to them. Are you suggesting they are racist?

This does not mean that all Pakistanis are sexual abusers, but clearly where those that come from rural areas in Pakistan. Who are less educated and brought up on an a very degrading view of women, through culture and teachings in Islam. Has led to a number seeing white non-Muslim girls as near sex slaves to be used

LOOK at this thread
Thorin wrote:So you then invoke something very racial, making out now we are all anglo's, even though I am of mixed ethnicity, just as the British people are of a multitude of different ethnic ancestry groups. Many people are friends with Muslims, those who have integrated. But its a bit difficult to make friends with those who have no interest in doing so where they stay within their close nit community. Some British people are like this also. Hence why the segregation of Communities has led to poor integration in some areas

and here we have 2 differing sorts of racist PROVING the OP to be true, and all I posted was that YES based on the posts I see on this site this is what I would expect.
Thorin wrote:No, it shows you know nothing of the history of Bradford and the former problems there.

SO I 100% agree with the OP and 100% stand by my statement that based on the posts (even just in this thread) I would assume that was the case in  the UK
You have some old wanker muttering about being decapitated. and a pea brain that doesn't understand that he is being critical of a Make believe bogey man, that literally takes an article on how easy  to get along with  an average British Muslims is to go on a crusade about some completely unrelated shit in Saudi Arabia (the only thing in common is Muslim but if someone is Muslim that is all you see, you may as well be talking to Swiss about racism in the USA since they are both white )

Well it shows again the fact that you ignore the Police are monitoring over 30,000 radicals in this country. That is not a few, but a substantial number, let alone those who support them. Hence it is a problem, as they have no wish to be a part of a secular society, but an Islamic one. I suppose we should just ignore all these radicals and extremists, according to your flawed logic. Which is the point you are missing here. It is these radicals that make life that much harder for the many Muslims who have integrated. Again I want people to get along, but you are not going to do that if you do not speak out against bad ideas and fail to tackle extremism

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:24 am

Thorin wrote:
We do this all the time.

Rolling Eyes

More pathetic lies there,  Dodge...

When I see you calling out those regular genuine racist trolls on here over their regular xenophobic, anti-refugee and pro-nazi rants --  rather than continually defending their nonsense,  then I just might believe your fanciful claims
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:11 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Thorin wrote:
We do this all the time.

Rolling Eyes

When I see you calling out those regular genuine racist trolls on here over their regular xenophobic, anti-refugee and pro-nazi rants --  rather than continually defending their nonsense,  then I just might believe your fanciful claims

Are these the imaginary racists (some of the lady posters on here) you made unfounded accusations over and then I made you look stupid over, exposing your lies?

I have always taken to task posters who are racists.

You just think anyone is racist, who's views differ from yours

I really could care what you believe Wolf, you seriously are nothing more than a potty mouth, constantly flinging insults at the majority on here

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:57 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Thorin wrote:
We do this all the time.

Rolling Eyes

I'll await someone calling you out then. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:21 pm

So, your view of the world is coloured by this forum? You don't live here so you have no real idea what it's like. All people of all cultures mostly live together very well in the UK. If we didn't why would they come here? I live smack bang in the middle of an ethnically diverse city. Everyone lives side by side with few problems.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:07 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

So, your view of the world is coloured by this forum?   You don't live here so you have no real idea what it's like.  All people of all cultures mostly live together very well in the UK.   If we didn't why would they come here?   I live smack bang in the middle of an ethnically diverse city.   Everyone lives side by side with few problems.

Exactly.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:14 am

then argue with the OP that says you live streets away but never associate and have almost no real everyday knowledge of each other Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:17 am

veya_victaous wrote:then argue with the OP that says you live streets away but never associate and have almost no real everyday knowledge of each other Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Which again shows you know little about the former problems and history of places like Bradford.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:25 am

veya_victaous wrote:then argue with the OP that says you live streets away but never associate and have almost no real everyday knowledge of each other Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Three miles is not streets away. I don't associate with people who lived in other villages because I don't know them. You still haven't commented on the other side - the Muslims who don't approve of Muslims mixing with non-Muslims. Why is that?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down