NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Catch of a lifetime': 'monster' 500lb tuna caught off coast of Wales

3 posters

Go down

'Catch of a lifetime': 'monster' 500lb tuna caught off coast of Wales Empty 'Catch of a lifetime': 'monster' 500lb tuna caught off coast of Wales

Post by Guest Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:50 am

Afisherman landed a record breaking monster catch when he reeled in a 500lb tuna. Sea charter skipper Andrew Alsop, 48, fought with the fish for more than two hours before pulling it aboard with the help of five crew members. The whopping 36-stone blue fin tuna weighs three times as much as captain Mr Alsop and is believed to be the biggest ever caught in Wales. In a Jaws-like battle the giant fish dragged his boat for more than two-and-a-half miles after it was hooked. Mr Alsop finally landed the huge 7ft 7in long catch 45 miles off the West Wales coast in the Celtic Deep area of the Irish Sea.

'Catch of a lifetime': 'monster' 500lb tuna caught off coast of Wales TELEMMGLPICT000138977516_1_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqzpnK1fqIf8AfXYjEGXVTorAdVfYD_pgZfwgBThcgDZU

What is thought to be one of the biggest fish ever landed from the sea in Wales was caught in Pembrokeshire waters, Wales, UK CREDIT: GAVIN DAVIES/ATHENA PICTURES

Mr Alsop, skipper of the White Water craft, was cheered on by his crew and his charter passengers as he wrestled with the 504-pound tuna.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/01/catch-lifetime-monster-500lb-tuna-caught-coast-wales/

Back to top Go down

'Catch of a lifetime': 'monster' 500lb tuna caught off coast of Wales Empty Re: 'Catch of a lifetime': 'monster' 500lb tuna caught off coast of Wales

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:11 am

Hope it was catch and release. cheers

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

'Catch of a lifetime': 'monster' 500lb tuna caught off coast of Wales Empty Re: 'Catch of a lifetime': 'monster' 500lb tuna caught off coast of Wales

Post by eddie Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:32 am

Pan-fried a couple of minutes on either side, seasoned with pepper, lemon and ground coriander, cooked so that's it's still quite raw in the middle...that's how I used to take my tuna.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:02 am

Apply can opener, drain all the oil/water, transfer to bowl and mix with mayonnaise..ground pepper, butter lettuce, on sourdough bread, crack open can of beer, turn TV to football game...that's how I take my tuna.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:48 am

I'm sure the Tuna appreciates your treatment of it, can't really "catch and return" though is it?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:03 pm

nicko wrote:I'm sure the Tuna appreciates your treatment of it,   can't really "catch and return" though is it?

It's not "my" treatment. It's Star Kist Tuna's. This is what tuna looks like in my house...

'Catch of a lifetime': 'monster' 500lb tuna caught off coast of Wales Is?jgeLUhj1rqI08e0zdPNGk2gHnBfRgFqUDjuPtcNUbpQ&height=193

Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:06 am

Original Quill wrote:Apply can opener, drain all the oil/water, transfer to bowl and mix with mayonnaise..ground pepper, butter lettuce, on sourdough bread, crack open can of beer, turn TV to football game...that's how I take my tuna.

If you chucked some red onion in that I'd join you.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:46 am

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Apply can opener, drain all the oil/water, transfer to bowl and mix with mayonnaise..ground pepper, butter lettuce, on sourdough bread, crack open can of beer, turn TV to football game...that's how I take my tuna.

Yum...lov red onion. Also, could make it with wasabi mayonnaise for a little kick. Clears the sinuses. Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:14 am

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:

Yum...lov red onion.  Also, could make it with wasabi mayonnaise for a little kick.  Clears the sinuses.  Laughing

What time we eating? cheers
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down