NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

These Amazing Illustrations Are A Powerful Weapon In Helping Women Fight Gender Prejudices

+3
Miffs2
Syl
eddie
7 posters

Go down

These Amazing Illustrations Are A Powerful Weapon In Helping Women Fight Gender Prejudices  Empty These Amazing Illustrations Are A Powerful Weapon In Helping Women Fight Gender Prejudices

Post by eddie Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:20 pm

These Amazing Illustrations Are A Powerful Weapon In Helping Women Fight Gender Prejudices

These Amazing Illustrations Are A Powerful Weapon In Helping Women Fight Gender Prejudices  Img_7536
These Amazing Illustrations Are A Powerful Weapon In Helping Women Fight Gender Prejudices  Img_7538
These Amazing Illustrations Are A Powerful Weapon In Helping Women Fight Gender Prejudices  Img_7539
These Amazing Illustrations Are A Powerful Weapon In Helping Women Fight Gender Prejudices  Img_7537
These Amazing Illustrations Are A Powerful Weapon In Helping Women Fight Gender Prejudices  Img_7541
These Amazing Illustrations Are A Powerful Weapon In Helping Women Fight Gender Prejudices  Img_7540
These Amazing Illustrations Are A Powerful Weapon In Helping Women Fight Gender Prejudices  Img_7542
These Amazing Illustrations Are A Powerful Weapon In Helping Women Fight Gender Prejudices  Img_7543
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

These Amazing Illustrations Are A Powerful Weapon In Helping Women Fight Gender Prejudices  Empty Re: These Amazing Illustrations Are A Powerful Weapon In Helping Women Fight Gender Prejudices

Post by Guest Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:13 pm

All very good except the hijab one.

The choice is not on whether to wear, but on the belief they should wear. Thus they chose to believe that a version of Islam commands then to cover themselves up, otherwise its a sin. Of which those who do, believe if they do not, they will sin. Hence it will be a fear of a hell fire within Islam that is driving them to believe the command they must cover up.

Nobody is saying she should be stripped of wearing the hijab, but to open her eyes and see how wrong it is, that fear is driving her to believe she is commanded to wear. Believing it is a sin not to cover up wearing the hijab. All of this is taught and made to make them believe they should through a fear. In order to believe some command written down 1400 years ago.

That she understands, that if this Allah existed. Where the claims is that she must cover up, to stop the sexual advances of men. Knowing full well, it does not deter men at all. As for example rapists, will rape any woman they choose as a victim, no matter how they are dressed. Which will do nothing to prevent them the sexual advances of men and from being sexually abused or raped.

Should lead her to the following conclusions.

Either the deity she believers in created a flaw in men unknowingly. A flaw that has some men rape and sexually abuse women. Making this god utterly incompetent, in-creating such a flaw unknowingly. Where even worse. Is then blaming the woman for this flaw, for how beautiful this deity created them. By then ordering them to cover up. Claiming this will prevent the sexual advances. Even though this actually does nothing to prevent the sexual advances of men.

Or this deity created men deliberately flawed. Knowing full well, some will rape some of them anyway. (pure evil). To then yet again blame women, for the beauty this deity has created themselves and command them to cover up. Knowing again, that this command will do nothing to deter the sexual advances of men. Thus playing a rather sick game with Muslim women. Fooling them to believe it will stop men, when it never will.

Where to top this off, they are led to believe its a sin if they do no wear and will face punishments for sinning.

Thus showing how the Hijab is nothing more than born from the beliefs of men, in order to control women. Clearly not born from a supposed all loving God. 

So you will forgive me if I do not see the Hijab as a symbol of free expression or the empowerment of women, but the control and oppression of them.

Especially where many of their Muslims sisters are forced to wear

Back to top Go down

These Amazing Illustrations Are A Powerful Weapon In Helping Women Fight Gender Prejudices  Empty Re: These Amazing Illustrations Are A Powerful Weapon In Helping Women Fight Gender Prejudices

Post by Syl Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:49 pm

Some of them will be empowering to women I'm sure.
But the makeup and hair ones.......I'm not sure who has ever made women feel inferior because they don't wear makeup or dye their hair once they start going grey.
In my experience women have always chosen their own style without criticism from others....my best mate seldom wears make up , other friends either go grey or not....unlike my namesake in the cartoon I do, she doesn't...so what?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:40 pm

I think they come across as patronising tbh
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:46 pm

Its like everyone needs comforting, in the things women have always took for granted and never needed anyones approval for.

Hair and makeup shouldn't need approval from anyone else...or tattoos for that matter.

Rape and abortion are obviously more concerning for women.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:02 pm

Syl wrote:Its like everyone needs comforting, in the things women have always took for granted and never needed anyones approval for.

Hair and makeup shouldn't need  approval from anyone else...or tattoos for that matter.

Rape and abortion are obviously more concerning for women.

Yes, it's like we suddenly need permission to be ourselves
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:04 pm

Syl wrote:Some of them will be empowering to women I'm sure.
But the makeup and hair ones.......I'm not sure who has ever made women feel inferior because they don't wear makeup or dye their hair once they start going grey.
In my experience women have always chosen their own style without criticism from others....my best mate seldom wears make up , other friends either go grey or not....unlike my namesake in the cartoon I do, she doesn't...so what?

I've never heard any women being criticised for not wearing make up. I've heard them criticised for wearing too much make up though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:29 pm

Usually by other women.
I think women are very critical of one another sometimes.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:30 pm

Miffs2 wrote:I think they come across as patronising tbh

That's what I was thinking.   It's like...how many times do people have to spread their bleeding heart shite over the  media and in meme's?    The majority of women in this country do as they damn well please, wear what they want and don't give a shit about what men think or anyone else.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:35 pm

I suppose wearing the Hijab means you too fcuking idle to do your hair,

[I'll get my coat]
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:42 pm

nicko wrote:I suppose wearing the Hijab means you too fcuking idle to do your hair,

[I'll get my coat]

When I was a kid women wore turbans to hide a bad hair day...or even cover their rollers up. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:20 am

Wow. I just thought they were nice messages and I kinda liked the artwork too.

Pffff you lot are hard to please sometimes...but it's kinda why I like forums. We are all different.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:25 am

eddie wrote:Wow. I just thought they were nice messages and I kinda liked the artwork too.

Pffff you lot are hard to please sometimes...but it's kinda why I like forums. We are all different.

Maybe it was the artwork that really attracted you Eddie, as i know you love that kind of art.

I see nothing wrong with trying to empower women through messages. Just think it could have been done better over the wording.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:26 am

Yeah fair point.

These Amazing Illustrations Are A Powerful Weapon In Helping Women Fight Gender Prejudices  3201073460
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:58 am

Don't mind a small Tattoo on a Woman, on the Ankle or Shoulder etc, but big ones over the body, no thanks !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:58 am

Don't mind a small Tattoo on a Woman, on the Ankle or Shoulder etc, but big ones over the body, no thanks !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:21 am

I thought they were good. the tattoo one is a bit outdated, they really need more 'it's ok if you don't want a tattoo' ones
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:09 pm

I like the artwork...I draw like that.
Real talent is to draw the way HT does....so a drawing looks like a photograph, that's way out of my talent zone. Sad

Eddie, you are a very baffling woman. Twisted Evil
I imagine in life you do as you please without much thought of what others think of you....yet you like this little hand holding message for women who seem to need permission to go grey or not wear make up.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:27 pm

Yes. I am a baffling woman. Not the first time I've been told that. These Amazing Illustrations Are A Powerful Weapon In Helping Women Fight Gender Prejudices  2190311264
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down