NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Build an Earthship: Step-by-Step Slideshow (Video)

2 posters

Go down

How to Build an Earthship: Step-by-Step Slideshow (Video) Empty How to Build an Earthship: Step-by-Step Slideshow (Video)

Post by eddie Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:05 pm

How to Build an Earthship: Step-by-Step Slideshow (Video)

Taking us right from the tire dump and breaking ground, through laying the first course of tires and installing gray water recycling, rainwater catchment and black water treatment, all the way through to applying insulation, solar panels and mud finishes on the interior walls, this video will undoubtedly be a useful resource for anyone wanting to build their own earthship. The lack of commentary means that it is occasionally hard to get the context of what is being done and why, but with the amount that has been written about earthships, it's kind of nice to get a bare-bones walk through of the process without too much noise to distract you. It's definitely an incredible reminder that one person's trash is another person's treasure.

Video on link: https://www.treehugger.com/sustainable-product-design/how-to-build-an-earthship-step-by-step-slideshow-video.html

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

How to Build an Earthship: Step-by-Step Slideshow (Video) Empty Re: How to Build an Earthship: Step-by-Step Slideshow (Video)

Post by eddie Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:05 pm

These are freaking amazing and I want one!

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

How to Build an Earthship: Step-by-Step Slideshow (Video) Empty Re: How to Build an Earthship: Step-by-Step Slideshow (Video)

Post by Guest Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:13 pm

eddie wrote:These are freaking amazing and I want one!

Quite like the music lol, more than the houses.   Laughing

Interesting though

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:38 pm

I think it would be amazing to live like that.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:49 am

Basketball

Interesting example of recycling, that...

But they sure expended a lot of energy there, to construct a building that doesn't look all that big when everything was 'done and dusted'..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:44 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Basketball

Interesting example of recycling,  that...

But they sure expended a lot of energy there, to construct a building that doesn't look all that big when everything was 'done and dusted'..

How much space do you need to be happy?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:28 am

eddie wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Basketball

Interesting example of recycling,  that...

How much space do you need to be happy?

flower

I would rather get the same results with half the cost and expenditure of resources,  and invest the difference somewhere else (e.g. an extra shed, stables, or similar..).

Why spend more than you have to  ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:30 pm

Okay point taken. When I build my earthship I shall come to you for help. Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down