NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non-English speaking victims of crime to be given priority, police chief suggests

+4
nicko
eddie
JulesV
Tommy Monk
8 posters

Go down

Non-English speaking victims of crime to be given priority, police chief suggests Empty Non-English speaking victims of crime to be given priority, police chief suggests

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:01 pm

Victims of crime who do not speak English could be given priority by the Metropolitan Police, a senior officer has suggested.

Deputy Commissioner Craig Mackey said that callers might be denied a personal visit from police unless they are deemed to be sufficiently "vulnerable".

He said it is "absolutely feasible" that "face-to-face" visits by officers could be reserved for the "vulnerable" - giving examples as those for whom English is not a first language, the elderly and people with learning difficulties.

Mr Mackey said that crimes such as vehicle thefts are the types of offences that officers might not be sent to in person unless the victim was assessed to require one under a new triage system.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/25/non-english-speaking-victims-crime-given-priority-police-chief/

Is this twat for real...!!!???

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Non-English speaking victims of crime to be given priority, police chief suggests Empty Re: Non-English speaking victims of crime to be given priority, police chief suggests

Post by JulesV Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:49 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Victims of crime who do not speak English could be given priority by the Metropolitan Police, a senior officer has suggested.

Deputy Commissioner Craig Mackey said that callers might be denied a personal visit from police unless they are deemed to be sufficiently "vulnerable".

He said it is "absolutely feasible" that "face-to-face" visits by officers could be reserved for the "vulnerable" - giving examples as those for whom English is not a first language, the elderly and people with learning difficulties.

Mr Mackey said that crimes such as vehicle thefts are the types of offences that officers might not be sent to in person unless the victim was assessed to require one under a new triage system.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/25/non-english-speaking-victims-crime-given-priority-police-chief/

Is this twat for real...!!!???

I understand your sentiments here, but let me ask you this - do you speak any languages?
If you suffered from a crime abroad you'd be very grateful for any extra assistance which takes into account your massive handicap of not being able to speak the language.
I'm OK when in France cos I can speak a little bit of the lingo. But I feel vulnerable in other European countries.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Non-English speaking victims of crime to be given priority, police chief suggests Empty Re: Non-English speaking victims of crime to be given priority, police chief suggests

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:30 pm

I would not want to be seen first while national citizens were not seen at all...!!!

Totally unacceptable !!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:52 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

I would not want to be seen first while national citizens were not seen at all...!!!

Totally unacceptable !!!

Shame really that things have got so bad. Sad
Councils demand council taxes from us and they can ask any stupid amount they wish, we're not allowed to quibble with the amount, they're like ... "cough up or see ya in court".

And of course a certan % of that tax goes toward police salaries.
Ah well. *shrug*

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:46 pm

Part of the labour legacy...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:26 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Part of the labour legacy...

Hmm I'm not sure some people would agree with you. As a lefty myself, I don't agree.
But I won't argue. I say very little about UK politics.
(Apart from me occasionally grumbling about my overly high council tax, and retirement pension pots being looted.)

I come on here to chat mainly about American politics.
I enjoy chatting about Trump a lot more than chatting about Theresa May, Hammond, Boris & co. cheers
G/night! flower

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:43 am

I want to pick up on the point that Jules made actually and the one you seemed to brush over, Tommy.

If you couldn't speak the language wouldn't you feel more comfortable face to face, trying to explain yourself, rather than over a telephone? Bearing in mind too, that the officers they send will probably be bilingual and be able to help translate.

I don't really see the problem.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:46 am

The Police have people on call 24/7 who can speak and understand most any language.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:00 pm

eddie wrote:I want to pick up on the point that Jules made actually and the one you seemed to brush over, Tommy.

If you couldn't speak the language wouldn't you feel more comfortable face to face, trying to explain yourself, rather than over a telephone?  Bearing in mind too, that the officers they send will probably be bilingual and be able to help translate.

I don't really see the problem.

All the crimes will have already been reported via telephone... this is about subsequent attendance by police to the crime scene...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:02 am

Tommy making mountains out of mole hills to prove British cowardice is alive and kicking Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:57 am

Surely a crime should be given police priority based on its seriousness, not the accent of the person reporting it?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:17 pm

nicko wrote:The Police have people on call 24/7 who can speak and understand most any language.

Yes they do. They use language line.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:20 pm

Syl wrote:Surely a crime should be given police priority based on its seriousness, not the accent of the person reporting it?

Yes they should but in reality if it's perceived as a hate crime it will be prioritised
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:25 pm

Notice Veya's post? knocking the Brits again. Cannot remember anyone knocking the Aussies unless it's retaliation for his bigoted, childish posts.

Grow up you idiot !!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:55 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
nicko wrote:The Police have people on call 24/7 who can speak and understand most any language.

Yes they do. They use language line.
Wrong.
TheHome Office use The Big Word.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:52 pm

Syl wrote:Surely a crime should be given police priority based on its seriousness, not the accent of the person reporting it?

Exactly!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:17 pm

Miffs2 wrote:

Yes they should but in reality if it's perceived as a hate crime it will be prioritised

Like the hate crimes that were perpetrated against young white kids by Pakistani Muslim gangs, or do hate crimes only work one way re police urgency in responding?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:54 pm

Miffs2 wrote:

The suggested proposals are not about hate crime... white British people can also be victims of hate crime...

The proposal was non english as first language people being seen while others were not...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down