NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia islamist terrorist plots foiled

+5
Raggamuffin
'Wolfie
Original Quill
nicko
Tommy Monk
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Australia islamist terrorist plots foiled Empty Australia islamist terrorist plots foiled

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:35 pm

Details of the recent plane bombing attempt and another plot of a chemical attack...

http://news.sky.com/story/plot-foiled-to-blow-up-uae-bound-plane-with-barbie-doll-bomb-10999147

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Australia islamist terrorist plots foiled Empty Re: Australia islamist terrorist plots foiled

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:55 pm

Plane bomb was in a 'Barbie doll'...

Two women arrested over 2nd attack involving chemical weapon...

But islamists in Australia are all lovely and no threat at all... just ask Veya...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Australia islamist terrorist plots foiled Empty Re: Australia islamist terrorist plots foiled

Post by veya_victaous Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:47 am

Your a moron

Muslims in Australia are no threat since they are the ones the report the terrorists most often. they are the best protection we have

they don't in the Uk cause of geranium like you
you are to blame for the fact so many more attacks get through in the UK.

Much like Pauline Hanson that has been denounced by both sides of politics for playing right into ISIS's hands, you may as well be in their pay roll. You make even non-Muslims think you deserve it or should at least except it. for being such geranium.
the fact you aren't called out by other brits makes it an extension of that. All the Brits that sit silent while you make them more of a target are just as much to blame as the innocent Muslims that say nothing about ISIS
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:03 am

What a bucket of shit !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:39 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:But islamists in Australia are all lovely and no threat at all... just ask Veya...!

I've asked Donald Trump. He says there are some "fine people" among the terrorists. I believe him...cause he's the president.

Seriously, you never hear of Islamic trouble, because Australians don't have the attitude that you have, tommy. You look for trouble with Muslims.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:20 pm

Quill twisting and waffling again...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:32 pm

"You never read of Islamic trouble" Don't you read the papers or watch TV? Then again, the Media make believe it's all sweetness and light. I said before I have relatives in Sydney and they say the Muslims are causing trouble in many areas.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:56 pm

Quill... it's being reported across all the main news outlets!!!

Pull your head out of your arse please!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:40 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Quill... it's being reported across all the main news outlets!!!

I doubt that tommy. The main proof is that you don't substantiate your claims. Why?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:47 am

nicko wrote:"You never read of Islamic trouble"    Don't you read the papers or watch TV?   Then again, the Media make believe it's all sweetness and light.  I said before I have relatives in Sydney and they say the Muslims are causing trouble in many areas.

Then Your relatives are the issue too and should fuck off back to pommie land.

lived in western Sydney (where the Muslims live) until he being of this year and no more trouble with them then anyone else.
the biggest issue socially is the fucking whinging anglo geranium that cant accept people for who they are. it those same people that are blocking gay marriage. many Muslims support it since 'Australia is a free country'.

Left wing

Right wing

any side with a brain can see the issue if dumb fucks like you and tommy.
If you really have relos here that think like you tell them to fuck off and go home they are not wanted or needed here IF they cannot accept AUSTRALIA for the multicultural society that it is.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:31 am

You have been reported for "on line abuse" the Police are on there way to make you write 500 times "i must not be an ignorant geranium, and must stop abusing my betters".
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:29 am

nicko wrote:
You have been reported for "on line abuse"  the Police are on there way to make you write 500 times "i must not be an ignorant geranium, and must stop abusing my betters".

sunny

The English Internet Police are going to have a long, long swim...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:08 am

Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:21 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Quill... it's being reported across all the main news outlets!!!

I doubt that tommy.  The main proof is that you don't substantiate your claims.  Why?

What are you talking about...!!!???

I posted a link in OP!!!

Have a quick look on internet and you will find an abundance of other main news outlets running with this story too!

It was even featured here early August on a thread called 'Australia foils Islamist 'terror plot' to bring down airplane'... but I made this new thread cos details have just been released about device being inside a 'Barbie doll'... and that another 2 women were subsequently arrested for a separate chemical attack plot!!!

While here in UK it is main news about another islamist terrorist getting 18 years prison for trying to blow up a plane to Italy with a bomb in his hand luggage inside a 'marker pen'...!!!

I dont know what news you are watching, or why they are not showing the news we are getting...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:21 pm

Original Quill wrote:

I doubt that tommy.  The main proof is that you don't substantiate your claims.  Why?

Are you claiming that Tommy faked that news report? Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:23 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
nicko wrote:"You never read of Islamic trouble"    Don't you read the papers or watch TV?   Then again, the Media make believe it's all sweetness and light.  I said before I have relatives in Sydney and they say the Muslims are causing trouble in many areas.

Then Your relatives are the issue too and should fuck off back to pommie land.

lived in western Sydney (where the Muslims live) until he being of this year and no more trouble with them then  anyone else.
the biggest issue socially is the fucking whinging anglo geranium that cant accept people for who they are. it those same people that are blocking gay marriage. many Muslims support it since 'Australia is a free country'.

Left wing

Right wing

any side with a brain can see the issue if dumb fucks like you and tommy.
If  you really have relos here that think like you tell them to fuck off and go home they are not wanted or needed here IF they cannot accept AUSTRALIA for the multicultural society that it is.

Saying that people should fuck off back to their homeland is rather racist. Cool
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:59 pm

He is a racist geranium !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:08 pm

PS, WHY IS THIS MAN A MODERATOR? HE'S A RACIST IDIOT WHO'S BEEN NOWHERE ,DONE NOTHING OF NOTE, HATES THE BRITISH AND SPOUTS RACIST BILE LIKE A DEMENTED NAZI,HE'S A NOBODY, WHO THINKS WE SHOULD BOW DOWN TO HIS TWISTED INTERLECT.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:30 pm

Veya... you should be aiming your last comment at the hostile islamists in Oz, who obviously hate the place/people/culture so much that they keep trying to carry out terrorist atrocities over there, trying to murder/maim as many innocent Oz men/women/children as they can!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:37 pm

If non-Muslims in Australia are so nice to Muslims, how come there are any terror plots out there? What has Australia done to piss off extremist Muslims?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:If non-Muslims in Australia are so nice to Muslims, how come there are any terror plots out there? What has Australia done to piss off extremist Muslims?

Well, they've got a quota to fill, I would guess...so many terrorist plots a month.  Just like cops and traffic tickets.  Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:29 pm

Twat!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:32 pm

I lov it when you talk dirty. Razz

Australia islamist terrorist plots foiled 1681210668

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Idiot...!

Do you think police are only acting against islamist terrorist plots of murdering public because they have arrest quotas to make...!!!???

You have sunk to a new subterrainian low...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:10 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Idiot...!

Do you think police are only acting against islamist terrorist  plots of murdering public because they have arrest quotas to make...!!!???

You have sunk to a new subterrainian low...

Tommy, tommy...you are the biggest idiot. You are an embarrassment to your own mother. Evil or Very Mad

Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:31 pm

Is there really any need for that...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:39 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Yes, to show how out of logical bounds you are.  You have a single terrorist plot. You generalize from that specific. Don't you know you can't generalize from specifics? I give you an analogy to highlight how absurd is your logic, and you run with the analogy, not reality.

Sometimes you have to ridicule in order to make a point...to wake someone up. To bring you to your senses.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:20 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Yes, to show how out of logical bounds you are.  You have a single terrorist plot.  You generalize from that specific.  Don't you know you can't generalize from specifics?  I give you an analogy to highlight how absurd is your logic, and you run with the analogy, not reality.  

Sometimes you have to ridicule in order to make a point...to wake someone up.  To bring you to your senses.

There have been other terrorist plots though, so does your post make you an embarrassment to your mother?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Yes, to show how out of logical bounds you are.  You have a single terrorist plot.  You generalize from that specific.  Don't you know you can't generalize from specifics?  I give you an analogy to highlight how absurd is your logic, and you run with the analogy, not reality.  

Sometimes you have to ridicule in order to make a point...to wake someone up.  To bring you to your senses.

There have been other terrorist plots though, so does your post make you an embarrassment to your mother?

Not at all. I am jesting tommy for going off point, and pursuing adjectives and examples.

But Raggs, you too cannot generalize from specifics. While there have been plots in Australia, it's much fewer for a land that lives in the center of it. They're doing something well.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:52 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:If non-Muslims in Australia are so nice to Muslims, how come there are any terror plots out there? What has Australia done to piss off extremist Muslims?

Well, they've got a quota to fill, I would guess...so many terrorist plots a month.  Just like cops and traffic tickets.  Wink

This was your post Quill...

You clearly said police are only targeting/arresting islamist terrorists to meet 'quotas'...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:54 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Not at all.  I am jesting tommy for going off point, and pursuing adjectives and examples.

But Raggs, you too cannot generalize from specifics.  While there have been plots in Australia, it's much fewer for a land that lives in the center of it.  They're doing something well.

Fifteen plots in two years, according to this site. I'd say that was quite a few.

http://www.news.com.au/national/crime/the-11-imminent-terror-attacks-australia-narrowly-escaped/news-story/86fc734df0963e21fe038c0eecce7d80
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:36 pm

Come on Raggs... you know how it works with some people on here...!?

'It's only a few!'

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:03 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Not at all.  I am jesting tommy for going off point, and pursuing adjectives and examples.

But Raggs, you too cannot generalize from specifics.  While there have been plots in Australia, it's much fewer for a land that lives in the center of it.  They're doing something well.

Fifteen plots in two years, according to this site. I'd say that was quite a few.

http://www.news.com.au/national/crime/the-11-imminent-terror-attacks-australia-narrowly-escaped/news-story/86fc734df0963e21fe038c0eecce7d80

Fifteen speculations in two years, don't you mean?  Here's what the authorities say:

News.com.au wrote:“Credible intelligence, assessed by our security agencies indicates that individuals or groups have developed both the intent and capability to conduct a terrorist attack in Australia,” according to Australian National Security.

"Credible intelligence?"  "Assessed?"  "Intent and capability" (WTF does that mean??)?  Having been a prosecutor, working with the Border County Narcotics Force, I can tell you just how it works.  About budget time, or whenever you want extra money to carry out a special project, you march out all your evidence in the form of bails of cocaine, and place them on the ground, before the camera, in a huge display.  You get some guys in smart looking uniforms, and make them look like they're doing something important:

Australia islamist terrorist plots foiled Is?u3x81jjrpUtAHmCy057VKjBSsSYEE_gBzBewuuo0xiQ&height=227

Then you break up every conspiracy into 1 or 2 people, and double the amount of busts for the press.  You then tell how you saved the world:

Australia islamist terrorist plots foiled Is?KpT_hB24bG_Y_0CVyl-fWBjmBA3xyvpq3WjvQH3bCZc&height=341

With terrorist plots it works the same way, only its more difficult.  You haven't got real cocaine, you've only get nuts and bolts, or a pressure cooker.  You allege the nuts and bolts were to go into pipe bombs or such.  You find some homeless, or seedy-looking characters, maybe some of whom have passports from Indonesia, split them up, and allege they are "fifteen different terrorist plots."  

You get the money, and drop the prosecutions.  Say...meh, insufficient evidence, or whatever excuse works.  Australia islamist terrorist plots foiled 2190311264   But hey, we're working...and look at all the terrorist plots we've broken up.  Damn!  We're good.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:47 am

The OP says one plane bomb plot and another separate chemical attack plot... 2 different plots by 2 different sets of islamist terrorists... but both foiled in the last 4 weeks!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:53 am

Tommy Monk wrote:The OP says one plane bomb plot and another separate chemical attack plot... 2 different plots by 2 different sets of islamist terrorists... but both foiled in the last 4 weeks!

Simple question, tommy: How many result in a conviction?

I told you so... Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:33 am

How do you convict an islamist terrorist who has blown themselves up, or shot dead by police, while carrying out attack...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:04 am

I guess you find another line of work. Ya ain't doin' no good as a law enforcement officer.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:10 am

Original Quill wrote:I guess you find another line of work.  Ya ain't doin' no good as a law enforcement officer.

So how do you reconcile your views if applied to white supremacists in the US with terrorism?

Where they have foiled terrorism by them, is that them looking good in uniforms, or that they have indeed saved lives? I mean you do realise there has been more Far Right terrorism attacks and attempts at them, yet the mortality rate is far lower than that of Islamist terrorism?

You see Quill, all you ever do is offer up conjecture, based not on any evidence, but what you believe. Its like you expect people to believe in Jesus being raised from the dead in how you argue.

The reality is there is plenty of credible evidence and the saddest part, is that you simple ignore it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:15 am

I would also add, that none of us here claim all Muslims are terrorists or extremists, but you certainly believe the majority of Southerners are extremist white supremacists. What you do is be critical and speak out on bad beliefs and not be afraid to say so. No matter if there is hypocritical people like yourself who constantly deflect.

How do you reconcile with your poor confirmation bias against white southern people. When we have a great example in Liberalism, with people like Ben and his family from the South, who have stood up and fought against racism?

You fight against bad beliefs, but in reality, you are no better than those who castigate all Muslims. You do so against all Southerners, as if they are all racist and you live in California? Showing you have about as much understanding of the South in the US, as I do living in the UK. You simple go off a prejudice you have formed and fail to see that more and more people are becoming progressive and Liberal in the South. Yet you wish to  create a divide and encapsulate, what the racists want to achieve also. A continuation of this divide.

What you should be doing is standing by those and be united with them that stand against Nazism and white supremacy or any form of religious and political extremism. Not judge automatically that someone from the South is one of these Far Right extremists.

Last edited by Thorin on Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:19 am

Thorin wrote:So how do you reconcile your views if applied to white supremacists in the US with terrorism?

What views are those?  And what do they have to do with the non-terrorism in Australia?  Have you wandered off-course again?

Australia is not a target for Islamic terrorism precisely because the people get along with all races, without bigotry.  It's a model from which all should learn.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:26 am

Original Quill wrote:What views are those?  And what do they have to do with the non-terrorism in Australia?  Have you wandered off-course again?

Australia is not a target for Islamic terrorism precisely because the people get along with all races, without bigotry.  It's a model from which all should learn.

I have simple followed your poor misdirection and when I call you to task over this.

What do you do.

Try and revert back to the context of the thread.

Proving you run a mile from answering when faced with difficult questions you simple cannot answer

If you believe Australia is not a target for Islamic terrorism, where you believe Australians get on with people, then you have no comprehension of Islamic extremism and why Australia is a target. It really shows you live in a bubble to think Australians are not a target. As this is about religion and not ethnic groups. Its about believers and non-believers. Where many Muslims also are targeted and seen as apostates, based on the extreme position taken by the Islamist terrorists.

These extremists care little about tolerance or integration. They care little about how Australia is so diverse. What they want is for all Australians to submit to Islam and their violent form of this. You fail to understand that it is those extreme that are bigoted and hateful, whether religiously or politically extreme. 

I mean some of the worlds most tolerant European countries are targets, like Norway for example. Which this country is leaps and bounds above every other nation on toleration. Yet they are still targeted by Islamic extremists. Showing you have not got a clue what you are talking about and go off your own beliefs and not facts.

Not only do you insult Australians, including many Muslims there, claiming to yet again invoke faith and not facts to the situation of the very real threat of Islamic terrorism. You fundamentally insult those who have died and been injured from this.

http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/timeline-of-australias-terrorist-attacks/news-story/911996db7a6d740d3a54991bdd709196

You clearly live in a bubble if you think Australia is not a target to Islamic terrorism.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:32 am

I'V TRIED TO TELL HIM THIS, BUT Australia islamist terrorist plots foiled 2396444674
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:07 pm

nicko wrote:I'V TRIED TO TELL HIM THIS, BUT Australia islamist terrorist plots foiled 2396444674

...BUT you've been shot down each time. Nicko, we have a right to our own opinion, but we don't have a right to our own facts.

Australia is not beleaguered with many terrorist attacks because they treat Muslims fairly, with a sense of justice. This is different from the US, and vastly different from y'all in Britain.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:16 pm

Original Quill wrote:
nicko wrote:I'V TRIED TO TELL HIM THIS, BUT Australia islamist terrorist plots foiled 2396444674

...BUT you've been shot down each time.  Nicko, we have a right to our own opinion, but we don't have a right to our own facts.

Australia is not beleaguered with many terrorist attacks because they treat Muslims fairly, with a sense of justice.  This is different from the US, and vastly different from y'all in Britain.

So how do you equate where Muslims kill each other through terrorism.

Is that down to where Muslims treat each other fairly, or based on religious beliefs?

Many countries treat Muslims very fairly and well in the west. In fact there are laws that privilege them based on their beliefs. For example with Halal slaughter. What you fail to grasp is that it is hate taught, that drives extremism. We have many British Africans and British Asians, that are non-Muslims, with the former having actually suffered the worst racism a few decades ago.

I dont see mass suicide bombings from non-Muslim Black British people. Do you?
Many lived in former countries under British rule. Those who come here, again I do not see any terrorism from them here based off events within living memory. So where is the terrorism from them?

So what you are saying is effectively rubbish. Being the fact Islamic terrorism is born from hate taught, in conjunction with an interpretation of Islamic scripture
Where the US and Australia has been only slightly better with integration with Muslims, is how they place a big emphasis on an American and Australian identity. In this country, they shy away from this in fear of being classed racist. This generally comes from the PC left.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:29 pm

You treat Muslims fairly QUILL? wont make a bit of difference, SOME will still kill you if they get the chance. In case you haven't noticed they'v
been doing it in many countries for some time even though they have been welcomed with open arms.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:34 pm

nicko wrote:You treat Muslims fairly QUILL?      wont make a bit of difference,  SOME will still kill you if they get the chance.  In case you haven't noticed they'v
been doing it in many countries for some time even though they have been welcomed with open arms.

And since 1095 (Urban II), the west has been sending armies to their land.  They are called the Crusades.

With an attitude like yours, you indicate that you like the endless conflict.  You will guarantee the question will never be settled.  Maybe that's what you want: permanent war.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:45 pm

Original Quill wrote:
nicko wrote:You treat Muslims fairly QUILL?      wont make a bit of difference,  SOME will still kill you if they get the chance.  In case you haven't noticed they'v

And since 1095 (Urban II), the west has been sending armies to their land.  They were called the Crusades.

With an attitude like yours, you indicate that you like the endless conflict.  You will guarantee the question will never be settled.  Maybe that's what you want: permanent war.

And since the 7th century Arab armies conquered and colonized the entire Middle East and North Africa through Arabization. The Muslim armies have been fighting and conquering through the west, since its inception.

I mean the Arabs were part of the Byzantine army, where they then betrayed them, when they were weak, after wars with the Sassanid empire. To then capitalize on this and conquer them.

I mean using your thinking, would there have been any crusades without Arabization?

In fact a little unknown fact is this.
The US never started any wars against Islamic nations, the Islamists did with the Barbary Pirates attacking US ships.

Even back then we see the same reasons for Islamists commit to war against Non-Muslims.

In March 1786, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams went to London to negotiate with Tripoli's envoy, ambassador Sidi Haji Abdrahaman (or Sidi Haji Abdul Rahman Adja). When they enquired "concerning the ground of the pretensions to make war upon nations who had done them no injury", the ambassador replied:

It was written in their Koran, that all nations which had not acknowledged the Prophet were sinners, whom it was the right and duty of the faithful to plunder and enslave; and that every mussulman who was slain in this warfare was sure to go to paradise. He said, also, that the man who was the first to board a vessel had one slave over and above his share, and that when they sprang to the deck of an enemy's ship, every sailor held a dagger in each hand and a third in his mouth; which usually struck such terror into the foe that they cried out for quarter at once.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Barbary_War

I mean the US was not involved in the crusades Quill and yet have had Islamism attack them since the 18th century.

How do you reconcile with those historical facts?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:19 pm

Thorin wrote:And since the 7th century Arab armies conquered and colonized the entire Middle East and North Africa through Arabization. The Muslim armies have been fighting and conquering through the west, since its inception.

I mean the Arabs were part of the Byzantine army, where they then betrayed them, when they were weak, after wars with the Sassanid empire. To then capitalize on this and conquer them.

I mean using your thinking, would there have been any crusades without Arabization?

You are off-point, didge.  We don't need a précisée of Muslim wars.  The simple point is that the antipathy between the Muslims and the west started with the Crusades.  I'm thinking, if we stopped antagonizing them the troubles might go away.  

It's worth a try.  We sure as hell ain't doin' no good by being there.  Sixteen years in Afghanistan, and we haven't a clue as to an endgame.  We don't even know how we got there, and we sure don't have a clue as to what we want.  

The damn fools are spending my tax dollar on do-nothing wars, when we could have a full-fledged, cover-all medical-care program for 1/10th the cost.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:29 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:And since the 7th century Arab armies conquered and colonized the entire Middle East and North Africa through Arabization. The Muslim armies have been fighting and conquering through the west, since its inception.

You are off-point, didge.  We don't need a précisée of Muslim wars.  The simple point is that the antipathy between the Muslims and the west started with the Crusades.  I'm thinking, if we stopped antagonizing them the troubles might go away.  

It's worth a try.  We sure as hell ain't doin' no good by being there.  Sixteen years in Afghanistan, and we haven't a clue as to an endgame.  We don't even know how we got there, and we sure don't have a clue as to what we want.  

The damn fools are spending my tax dollar on do-nothing wars, when we could have a full-fledged, cover-all medical-care program for 1/10th the cost.

I am not off point at all. The antipathy started with the Muslims invading Europe, which saw centuries of wars in Spain and the Balkans. What you are saying is their invasions never caused any problems and that nobody was subjugated. Well I have news for you. The Quran is very specific in how it treats non-Muslims, as basically third class citizens. Granted at the time better than the Christian west, but on a par with what is Apartheid today. You are just ignoring history and blaming the west, when all are to blame. In fact even failing to understand that the crusades were more about minor Frankish nobles carving out Kingdoms for themselves.

Yes they used religion, but also made pacts with many of the local Muslim leaders.
So you see, to making a starting point at the crusades is disingenuous. There is no doubt the crusades caused resentment and even more so to Orthodox Christians and Jews also, slaughtered by them. But lets take a reality check. It is religion per say that has always been the problem in the region, where people lay claim to lands as being holy.

So by your reasoning, if we stopped antagonizing the Far Right, they would simple go away?
Do you see how absurd that view is and even worse is surrendering to the view that you must not try to then offend people, in case they resort to violence? Are you really suggesting that? 

I mean even worse, you are arguing that there is something inherently wrong with Islamic teaching. By the view not to offend them, the problems might go away. Except this has been the reality of literal religious belief for over 2000 years, no matter whether its Islam or Christianity or Judaism etc and you want to bow down to intimidation? Or a fear they will commit to violence

Can you imagine that line on Nazism? That by not offending Nazi's that you hope the problem will go away? You see how you actually are surrendering to fear yourself here and how you thus view then Islamist's are easily offended and that you want to pander to them? As why else suggest such a stance on conflicts in regards to Muslim majority nations? Everyone gets their feelings trodden on at some point, but to say this is a reason to believe the problems will stop. If we just stopped trying to offend people, when they think its offensive to even criticize Islam. Shows such thinking would mean capitulating to Nazism, in fear we may offend them by being critical of them. Shows how absurd such thinking is.

I mean why not just bow down to any demands they then want eh Quill?
You would then be bowing down towards Mecca in no time, based off a fear you have, not to antagonize Muslim extremists.

This is why we stand up to any extremism and that violence is not the way, when you disagree. What you do, as has happened over centuries, is reason why something is wrong. That is how slavery ended in the UK. That is how women obtained the vote etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:46 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

How do you convict an islamist terrorist who has blown themselves up, or is shot dead by police, while carrying out attack...!?

Quill said...

I guess you find another line of work. Ya ain't doin' no good as a law enforcement officer.

Firstly... it is up to a court/judge/jury to convict someone...

Secondly... a dead terrorist can't be convicted...!

So your question about conviction rate is irrelevant and superfluous...!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next