NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why I know that ISIS is a problem of MY religion: Leading activist SARA KHAN on why it is the job of fellow Muslims to defeat terror

3 posters

Go down

Why I know that ISIS is a problem of MY religion: Leading activist SARA KHAN on why it is the job of fellow Muslims to defeat terror   Empty Why I know that ISIS is a problem of MY religion: Leading activist SARA KHAN on why it is the job of fellow Muslims to defeat terror

Post by Guest Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:14 am

[*]Inspire works to oppose extremism and I have have seen reality of radicalisation
[*]Must look at why so many young people are seduced by extreme Salafi-Jihadism
[*]Only by knowing the nature of the beast can we know about how to combat it 

The Islamic State-inspired atrocity that killed 14 and injured many more in Barcelona will be claimed as another example of the clash of culture, religion and ideas between the world of Islam and the West. There will be a swift recognition that the perpetrators were young men, either first- or second-generation immigrants, radicalised by fundamentalist Islamism. There will be hand-wringing about what motivates them to carry out such horrific attacks and how to prevent it. 

But to restrict ourselves to the same narrow questions can only result in failure to get to grips with global jihadism. I run an organisation which works to oppose Islamist extremism and have seen at first hand the reality of radicalisation of young people in Birmingham, Bradford and Luton. It is clear to me that we must also look at the wider context of why so many young people are seduced by extreme Salafi-Jihadism. Only by knowing the nature of the beast can we know how to combat it.

To do that, we must recognise that despite the oft-repeated claims that there is a clash between Islam and the West, the real battle is within Islam.

Islam has more than a billion followers, but large swathes of today’s Muslims hold competing and often conflicting claims of what values and principles the faith stands for. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4806100/SARA-KHAN-says-duty-Muslims-defeat-terror.html#ixzz4qHk2ZUuu 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Why I know that ISIS is a problem of MY religion: Leading activist SARA KHAN on why it is the job of fellow Muslims to defeat terror   Empty Re: Why I know that ISIS is a problem of MY religion: Leading activist SARA KHAN on why it is the job of fellow Muslims to defeat terror

Post by nicko Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:03 pm

I don't agree with the circus the media make on these attacks, the Candles, the flowers, the hand wringing, the vigils, all the same platitudes when ever an atrocity happens. These fanatics must sit in front of their TV's and read the papers and think Wow look what we'v done, the Infidels are shitting themselves now, lets go out and kill a few more, they wont do anything about it except cry and wail, and we like to see that. I know what i'd do, but the liberal snowflakes would say, WE CAN'T DO THAT !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Why I know that ISIS is a problem of MY religion: Leading activist SARA KHAN on why it is the job of fellow Muslims to defeat terror   Empty Re: Why I know that ISIS is a problem of MY religion: Leading activist SARA KHAN on why it is the job of fellow Muslims to defeat terror

Post by Miffs2 Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:02 pm

nicko wrote:I don't agree with the circus the media make on these attacks,   the Candles, the flowers,  the hand wringing, the vigils, all the same platitudes when ever an atrocity happens.  These fanatics must sit in front of their TV's and read the papers and think Wow look what we'v done,  the Infidels are shitting themselves now,  lets go out and kill a few more, they wont do anything about it except cry and wail, and we like to see that.  I know what i'd do, but the liberal snowflakes would say,    WE CAN'T DO THAT !

Have to say I thought similar when I heard about all the buildings of note in Liverpool were being lit up in the colours of Spain. To show solidarity? Perhaps but meaningless in reality, the reality where victims of the MEN Arena bomb are still not being looked after properly Why I know that ISIS is a problem of MY religion: Leading activist SARA KHAN on why it is the job of fellow Muslims to defeat terror   2396444674
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:30 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
nicko wrote:I don't agree with the circus the media make on these attacks,   the Candles, the flowers,  the hand wringing, the vigils, all the same platitudes when ever an atrocity happens.  These fanatics must sit in front of their TV's and read the papers and think Wow look what we'v done,  the Infidels are shitting themselves now,  lets go out and kill a few more, they wont do anything about it except cry and wail, and we like to see that.  I know what i'd do, but the liberal snowflakes would say,    WE CAN'T DO THAT !

Have to say I thought similar when I heard about all the buildings of note in Liverpool were being lit up in the colours of Spain. To show solidarity? Perhaps but meaningless in reality, the reality where victims of the MEN Arena bomb are still not being looked after properly Why I know that ISIS is a problem of MY religion: Leading activist SARA KHAN on why it is the job of fellow Muslims to defeat terror   2396444674

I heard a therapist talking only this morning on GMR, she is still seeing people who are too afraid to leave the house since the Manchester terrorist attack.
Surprisingly some were not even involved in any way.....which she said is not actually unusual when atrocities like this take place.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:24 pm

I think we only need to know what has happened and then not report anymore about it- by keeping every terror attack in the news with vigils is giving the terrorist what they want - attention . Just my opinion .

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:52 am

They are getting too much attention, discussions on TV every night, all the "experts" telling us what we should and should not do. These terrorist crave publicity, and we are giving it to them !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:12 am

Syl wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

I heard a therapist talking only this morning on GMR, she is still seeing people who are too afraid to leave the house since the Manchester terrorist attack.
Surprisingly some were not even involved in any way.....which she said is not actually unusual when atrocities like this take place.

I'm amazed a therapist is involved tbh.
There has been no extra provision made for counselling for victims. We are at the point now where ptsd symptoms are appearing. I'm off to see a lady st 11 who desperately needs help. God knows what I'm going to tell her.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:20 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Syl wrote:

I'm amazed a therapist is involved tbh.
There has been no extra provision made for counselling for victims. We are at the point now where ptsd symptoms are appearing. I'm off to see a lady st 11 who desperately needs help. God knows what I'm going to tell her.

She may have called herself a 'life coach' Miffs, but she knew and was treating some of the people who were caught up in the bombing by name. One mother and her two daughters were mentioned...one girl has been back into town and attended a couple of concerts since without worrying too much, the other daughter (both teenagers) is suffering from ptsd.

Its really bad if people aren't getting the help they need....I imagine the effects of what people went through are long lasting for many.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down