NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A psychological analysis of Trump supporters has uncovered 5 key traits about them

+2
Cass
eddie
6 posters

Go down

A psychological analysis of Trump supporters has uncovered 5 key traits about them Empty A psychological analysis of Trump supporters has uncovered 5 key traits about them

Post by Guest Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:17 am

The lightning-fast ascent and political invincibility of Donald Trump has left many experts baffled and wondering, “How did we get here?” Any accurate and sufficient answer to that question must not only focus on Trump himself, but also on his uniquely loyal supporters. Given their extreme devotion and unwavering admiration for their highly unpredictable and often inflammatory leader, some have turned to the field of psychology for scientific explanations based on precise quantitative data and established theoretical frameworks.

Although analyses and studies by psychologists and neuroscientists have provided many thought-provoking explanations for his enduring support, the accounts of different experts often vary greatly, sometimes overlapping and other times conflicting. However insightful these critiques may be, it is apparent that more research and examination is needed to hone in on the exact psychological and social factors underlying this peculiar human behavior.

In a recent review paper published in the Journal of Social and Political Psychology, Psychologist and UC Santa Cruz professor Thomas Pettigrew argues that five major psychological phenomena can help explain this exceptional political event.

1. Authoritarian Personality Syndrome

Authoritarianism refers to the advocacy or enforcement of strict obedience to authority at the expense of personal freedom, and is commonly associated with a lack of concern for the opinions or needs of others. Authoritarian personality syndrome—a well-studied and globally-prevalent condition—is a state of mind that is characterized by belief in total and complete obedience to one’s authority. Those with the syndrome often display aggression toward outgroup members, submissiveness to authority, resistance to new experiences, and a rigid hierarchical view of society. The syndrome is often triggered by fear, making it easy for leaders who exaggerate threat or fear monger to gain their allegiance.

Although authoritarian personality is found among liberals, it is more common among the right-wing around the world. President Trump’s speeches, which are laced with absolutist terms like “losers” and “complete disasters,” are naturally appealing to those with the syndrome.

While research showed that Republican voters in the U.S. scored higher than Democrats on measures of authoritarianism before Trump emerged on the political scene, a 2016 Politico survey found that high authoritarians greatly favored then-candidate Trump, which led to a correct prediction that he would win the election, despite the polls saying otherwise.

2. Social dominance orientation

Social dominance orientation (SDO)—which is distinct but related to authoritarian personality syndrome—refers to people who have a preference for the societal hierarchy of groups, specifically with a structure in which the high-status groups have dominance over the low-status ones. Those with SDO are typically dominant, tough-minded, and driven by self-interest.

In Trump’s speeches, he appeals to those with SDO by repeatedly making a clear distinction between groups that have a generally higher status in society (White), and those groups that are typically thought of as belonging to a lower status (immigrants and minorities).

A 2016 survey study of 406 American adults published this year in the journal Personality and Individual Differences found that those who scored high on both SDO and authoritarianism were those who intended to vote for Trump in the election.

3. Prejudice

It would be grossly unfair and inaccurate to say that every one of Trump’s supporters have prejudice against ethnic and religious minorities, but it would be equally inaccurate to say that many do not. It is a well-known fact that the Republican party, going at least as far back to Richard Nixon’s “southern strategy,” used strategies that appealed to bigotry, such as lacing speeches with “dog whistles”—code words that signaled prejudice toward minorities that were designed to be heard by racists but no one else.

While the dog whistles of the past were more subtle, Trump’s are sometimes shockingly direct. There’s no denying that he routinely appeals to bigoted supporters when he calls Muslims “dangerous” and Mexican immigrants “rapists” and “murderers,” often in a blanketed fashion. Perhaps unsurprisingly, a new study has shown that support for Trump is correlated with a standard scale of modern racism.

4. Intergroup contact

Intergroup contact refers to contact with members of groups that are outside one’s own, which has been experimentally shown to reduce prejudice. As such, it’s important to note that there is growing evidence that Trump’s white supporters have experienced significantly less contact with minorities than other Americans. For example, a 2016 study found that “…the racial and ethnic isolation of Whites at the zip-code level is one of the strongest predictors of Trump support.” This correlation persisted while controlling for dozens of other variables. In agreement with this finding, the same researchers found that support for Trump increased with the voters’ physical distance from the Mexican border.

5. Relative deprivation

Relative deprivation refers to the experience of being deprived of something to which one believes they are entitled. It is the discontent felt when one compares their position in life to others who they feel are equal or inferior but have unfairly had more success than them.

Common explanations for Trump’s popularity among non-bigoted voters involve economics. There is no doubt that some Trump supporters are simply angry that American jobs are being lost to Mexico and China, which is certainly understandable, although these loyalists often ignore the fact that some of these careers are actually being lost due to the accelerating pace of automation.

These Trump supporters are experiencing relative deprivation, and are common among the swing states like Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. This kind of deprivation is specifically referred to as “relative,” as opposed to “absolute,” because the feeling is often based on a skewed perception of what one is entitled to. For example, an analysis conducted by FiveThirtyEight estimated that the median annual income of Trump supporters was $72,000.

If such data is accurate, the portrayal of most Trump supporters as “working class” citizens rebelling against Republican elites may be more myth than fact.

Bobby Azarian is a science writer with a PhD in neuroscience. His research has been published in journals such as Cognition & Emotion and Human Brain Mapping, and he has written for The Atlantic, The New York Times, BBC Future, Scientific American, Psychology Today, and others. Follow him on twitter @BobbyAzarian.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/a-psychological-analysis-of-trump-supporters-has-uncovered-5-key-traits-about-them/

Back to top Go down

A psychological analysis of Trump supporters has uncovered 5 key traits about them Empty Re: A psychological analysis of Trump supporters has uncovered 5 key traits about them

Post by eddie Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:54 am

Number 6: Stupidly ignorant

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

A psychological analysis of Trump supporters has uncovered 5 key traits about them Empty Re: A psychological analysis of Trump supporters has uncovered 5 key traits about them

Post by Cass Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:56 pm

Number 7: misogynistic white supremacist radicalized extremist Christians.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:58 pm

Cass wrote:Number 7: misogynistic white supremacist radicalized extremist Christians.

Can we slot the word 'dumb' in there?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:02 pm

Cass wrote:Number 7: misogynistic white supremacist radicalized extremist Christians.

Radicalized me Lady?

I would say its a normalization in some parts of the US sadly.

Though most Trump supporters are not misogynistic white supremacist radicalized extremist Christians.

Easily led and easily manipulated, but why number 7 and Eddie's number 6 are unfair to generalize his supporters on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:06 pm

Are we all pretending that Godzillary Clinton would have been soooo much better for America then?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:07 pm

gelico wrote:

Are we all pretending that Godzillary Clinton would have been soooo much better for America then?

Personally I didn't much like her.....but Trump is barking mad. I think I could run the US better than him and I'm as thick as shit Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:10 pm

Thorin wrote:

Radicalized me Lady?

Though most Trump supporters are not misogynistic white supremacist radicalized extremist Christians.

Easily led and easily manipulated, but why number 7 and Eddie's number 6 are unfair to generalize his supporters on.

Didge I live in a southern red state, I live near the border, I read the local media, I deal with the public on a daily basis, I see the campaign signs and flags that are still left up, I hear the preachers telling people who to vote for, I hear the women saying they voted for 45 because their husband told them too and he's the head of the household, I hear these christians say that it's their way only and that there should be separation of church and state. I could go see on and on.

He played to their prejudices, bigotry and fears.

I stand by what I said. They couldn't handle a black man as president and they didn't want a woman there. They consistently vote against their own interests because quite frankly, they are dumb fu**wits who won't take personal responsibility for their shitty lives and want a bigger slice of the pie (i.e. Welfare) and not them blacks, immigrants or illegals because they're white and more deserving.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:19 pm

Cass wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Radicalized me Lady?

Didge I live in a southern red state, I live near the border, I read the local media, I deal with the public on a daily basis, I see the campaign signs and flags that are still left up, I hear the preachers telling people who to vote for, I hear the women saying they voted for 45 because their husband told them too and he's the head of the household, I hear these christians say that it's their way only and that there should be separation of church and state. I could go see on and on.

I stand by what I said. They couldn't handle a black man as president and they didn't want a woman there. They consistently vote against their own interests because quite frankly, they are dumb fu**wits who won't take personal responsibility for their shitty lives and want a bigger slice of the pie (i.e. Welfare) and not them blacks, immigrants or illegals because they're white and more deserving.

I agree he played on prejudices Me lady, but that just means people are susceptible to fear based arguments.

It does not automatically make them white supremacists or stupid, just gullible.

I mean are you really suggesting that tens of Millions are white supremacists that voted for Trump?

I mean look at what you are saying here?

As many people who voted for Obama also voted for Trump. So how could it be those who did hating a black man?

You see how you are poorly generalizing and actually creating a further divide by saying so with the US me lady? When more than anything it needs unity?

Now do not get me wrong a core that voted for Trump are as racist as it comes, but labeling all who voted for him with the same brush. As you are doing is wrong. Even the 5 points listed in the article, is based on an average perception. You would be hard pressed to find every single Trump supporter fitting all 5 categories.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:49 pm

Didge, the time has come to draw the line in the sand. Anyone who continues to support this lying administration is complicit now. He has self-proclaimed white supremacist as his advisors. Abhorrent. He was a leading vocalist about the birther movement.

Rascism in the US never went away with the passing of the Civil Rights Act. It just went underground. But now it's been emboldened to come out openly by this clusterfuck in the White House.

I'm standing up for my beliefs and principles. And yes I believe what I say above, as I have had family members and friends vote for that piece of garbage. It's gotten to the point where I don't talk to them anymore. Sadly I still need a job so I have to sit there with a fake smile and say I don't discuss personal matters when confronted with it at work. I don't want their bigotry and hatred in my life. That's unbelievably sad but they will not or cannot see the hate this man has brought to the fore.

I hate generalizing, I do, but stereotypes exist for a reason.

I'm sorry that we disagree on this, but that's ok. I will keep actively working in my personal life to remove this monstrosity from power.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:02 pm

Cass wrote:Didge, the time has come to draw the line in the sand. Anyone who continues to support this lying administration is complicit now. He has self-proclaimed white supremacist as his advisors. Abhorrent. He was a leading vocalist about the birther movement.
Throin wrote:Wow. Now imagine i said that about Islam? That anyone that supports this ideology is complicit in terrorism, misogamy and religious hatred? What would you say to me? I do not deny he has white supremacist supporters as advisers, but we are talking about those who have supported him. Do you not see how your views fall exactly in line with how people stereotype all Muslims, based off what they believe? As we are talking about beliefs and ideologies here.

Rascism in the US never went away with the passing of the Civil Rights Act. It just went underground. But now it's been emboldened to come out openly by this clusterfuck in the White House.
Throin wrote:I agree that within the powers that be, it has the capacity to explode into anarchy within the US, but are you seriously telling me that tens of millions would support such actions that voted for Trump Me lady?

I'm standing up for my beliefs and principles. And yes I believe what I say above,  as I have had family members and friends vote for that piece of garbage. It's gotten to the point where I don't talk to them anymore. Sadly I still need a job so I have to sit there with a fake smile and say I don't discuss personal matters when confronted with it at work. I don't want their bigotry and hatred in my life. That's unbelievably sad but they will not or cannot see the hate this man has brought to the fore.
Throin wrote:I back your beliefs and principles, but as seen, they can be inherently as dangerous when you yourself form a prejudice about people based on their beliefs. In this case Trump supporters, which you have cast into a single box. Now you are someone I respect immensely, but you are never going to defeat the issue's of prejudice, by dividing the lines further within the US by casting those who voted or Trump, as if they are all white supremacists. I mean even many Germans who voted for Hitler were easily led off the Wall Street Crash and an abundance of fear based hate Rhetoric by the Nazi's. So what you need to do is help bring back to your side, those who were easily led and won over by Trumps arguments on fear.

I'm sorry that we disagree on this, but that's ok. I will keep actively working in my personal life to remove this monstrosity from power.

Stereotypes exist due to people being prejudiced and you are rightly prejudiced against one core belief that is prejudiced, but you are balancing on a very thin line me lady. One of which you could cross over into hate yourself. I will back you to help change people, as that is what is needed and not more hate and dividing people. On that you will always have my support. Though if you start to stereotype people based on beliefs, en you edge closer to arguing as the those on the political Far right. You should attack and be critical of beliefs. This is what I do, with many, including many religious beliefs, but the moment you generalize and stereotype all believers of that belief. You dont help solve the problem, but add to the problem.

You should always speak out on wrongs and those who support wrongs, just be careful who you cast up within this me Lady.

Last edited by Thorin on Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:21 pm

Didge as a few final thoughts.

I understand what you are saying but someone, in fact a lot of someones now need to step up and call it out.

Enough of whataboutism or but, but, but...somethings are just too heinous and need to be outright condemned.

Granted a few have changed but the vast majority have not. They don't want to lose face. For them that would be the worst thing possible. Like I said , lack of personal responsibility.

No more chances for this administration. They are actively seeking to harm their fellow citizens.

I never ever in a million years thought that I would say bring back W. The man was stupid and a puppet to Darth Cheney, but this current thing is beyond the pale.

I don't need to type out that poem. You know the one I mean.

Peace x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:27 pm

Cass wrote:Didge as a few final thoughts.

I understand what you are saying but someone, in fact a lot of someones now need to step up and call it out.

Enough of whataboutism or but, but, but...somethings are just too heinous and need to be outright condemned.

Granted a few have changed but the vast majority have not. They don't want to lose face. For them that would be the worst thing possible. Like I said , lack of personal responsibility.

No more chances for this administration. They are actively seeking to harm their fellow citizens.

I never ever in a million years thought that I would say bring back W. The man was stupid and a puppet to Darth Cheney, but this current thing is beyond the pale.

I don't need to type out that poem. You know the one I mean.

Peace x

I actually think PC has created a shift towards the right in the US, I used to very much believe in PC, but it has been constantly abused. It had the right intentions, but you cannot alter people through the enforcement of policies, as it becomes totalitarian.

Where once i actually thought the US was getting better and being more progressive. So I agree more have to stand up and speak out against such prejudice and intolerance but again the fear is that then some doing this become as intolerant.

We must never forget that the freedoms we have is about being able to express our beliefs. Where it is a problem is where then beliefs are forced onto others that then oppress and persecute them. That is what I think is the danger here. That it can go from one extreme to the other.

I do know what you mean Me lady

Peace and love

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:04 pm

Cass wrote:
I'm standing up for my beliefs and principles. And yes I believe what I say above,  as I have had family members and friends vote for that piece of garbage. It's gotten to the point where I don't talk to them anymore.

This has to be the saddest thing I ever saw you type, Cass

I'm so sorry it's come to this

Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:58 am

gelico wrote:
Cass wrote:
I'm standing up for my beliefs and principles. And yes I believe what I say above,  as I have had family members and friends vote for that piece of garbage. It's gotten to the point where I don't talk to them anymore.

Sad

I'm not...I'm proud of her.  Now is the time to stand up and say: No...No more damn lies, no more false premises and no more cheating on your wife and your public.  This is how Hitler did it...and if you want that hell all over again, all you need is for good men (or women) to not speak up.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:07 am

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:

Sad

I'm not...I'm proud of her.  Now is the time to stand up and say: No...No more dhttps://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gifamn lies, no more false premises and no more cheating on your wife and your public.  This is how Hitler did it...and if you want that hell all over again, all you need is for good men (or women) to not speak up.

yup, that's the spirit, Quill, When all else fails just bring ol' Hitler into it, cos that really works huh? Rolling Eyes

besides which the point I was making was that at some point Cass was more than happy to be friends with the aforementioned folk in her life. There must have been a reason for that, don't you think?

so now, when given a choice between a blundering, too insensitive towards others, too sensitive towards himself, egotistic cheating ox, and a hideous, lying, murdering ( - anyone investigating into the skullduggery of the Clinton Foundation got mysteriously suicided) hypocritical, too faced shitbag, they felt they had no choice but to choose the former, regardless of how bad it seemed.

Cass is someone who I consider to be one of the nicest people on a forum - she could hardly be described as ranty in any way and always wants peace so if she is unable to persuade her friends/family with her honeyed words and attitude then there must be a good reason for that too

Is that she feels that she has suddenly 'discovered' after all these years of friendship that these people formerly in her life are in fact vile Hitler supporting racists?

Or is it just that they honestly felt there was no real choice?

Just a thought

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:18 am

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I'm not...I'm proud of her.  Now is the time to stand up and say: No...No more dhttps://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gifamn lies, no more false premises and no more cheating on your wife and your public.  This is how Hitler did it...and if you want that hell all over again, all you need is for good men (or women) to not speak up.

yup, that's the spirit, Quill,  When all else fails just bring ol' Hitler into it, cos that really works huh?   Rolling Eyes

besides which the point I was making was that at some point Cass was more than happy to be friends with the aforementioned folk in her life.  There must have been a reason for that, don't you think?

so now, when given a choice between a blundering, too insensitive towards others, too sensitive towards himself, egotistic cheating ox, and a hideous, lying, murdering ( - anyone investigating into the skullduggery of the Clinton Foundation got mysteriously suicided) hypocritical, too faced shitbag, they felt they had no choice but to choose the former, regardless of how bad it seemed.

Cass is someone who I consider to be one of the nicest people on a forum - she could hardly be described as ranty in any way and always wants peace so if she is unable to persuade her friends/family with her honeyed words and attitude then there must be a good reason for that too

Is that she feels that she has suddenly 'discovered' after all these years of friendship that these people formerly in her life are in fact vile Hitler supporting racists?

Just a thought

I know what Cass was saying, and I was compelled to speak in part because I thought your response was disingenuous messaging, disguised as phony sympathy. You know, girl helps girl...while tripping her.

So I spoke.  Nuff said...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:27 am

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:

yup, that's the spirit, Quill,  When all else fails just bring ol' Hitler into it, cos that really works huh?   Rolling Eyes

besides which the point I was making was that at some point Cass was more than happy to be friends with the aforementioned folk in her life.  There must have been a reason for that, don't you think?

Just a thought

I know what Cass was saying, and I was compelled to speak in part because I thought your response was disingenuous messaging, disguised as phony sympathy.  You know, girl helps girl...while tripping her.

So I spoke.  Nuff said...

Yes, I also know what Cass was saying. I can read. I have absolutely no idea what that second bit is even meant to mean. You like jumping to weird conclusions about folk?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:29 am

Like I said,
Nuff said...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:41 am

number 8 cowardice

they all fear they are losing, that they are being discriminated against etc etc. when you are used to being privileged equality can seem like  discrimination

AND totally is a Hitler relevant situation
Image result for US alt right flag

Trumps current dilemma Start ww3 with NK or prompt US civil war 2 Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:46 pm

Cass wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Radicalized me Lady?

Thanks for your posts in this thread Cass.
I always think reading something written from someone on the inside looking out is a lot more informative than reading something from someone on the outside looking in...if you understand me.
I think Quill says similar things re people in the US South.

I think its often hard for others to understand the mindset  of people if we don't mix, work and live amongst them.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:19 pm

Syl wrote:
Cass wrote:

I always think reading something written from someone on the inside looking out is a lot more informative than reading something from someone on the outside looking in...if you understand me.

I think its often hard for others to understand the mindset  of people if we  don't mix, work and live amongst them.

very true but it's confusing to me that the dumb fuckwits who wont take personal responsibility for their shitty lives and want a bigger slice fo the pie (ie welfare) would have voted for Trump anyway.

Trump made it perfectly clear before the election that his main priority was to create jobs and get people back into work. surely such people would have better off voting for Clinton

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:07 pm

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:

I think its often hard for others to understand the mindset  of people if we  don't mix, work and live amongst them.

very true but it's confusing to me that the dumb fuckwits who wont take personal responsibility for their shitty lives and want a bigger slice fo the pie (ie welfare) would have voted for Trump anyway.

Trump made it perfectly clear before the election that his main priority was to create jobs and get people back into work.  surely such people would have better off voting for Clinton

There is always so many lies told during an election campaign that if people are a bit dim they will believe whatever they are told to believe.
I was gobsmacked Hilary Clinton didn't win, as I'm sure the huge majority ...no matter where they lived, were.
What amazed me was the % of women in some states that voted him in....he talks about and seemingly treats women like dirt.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:34 pm

gelico wrote:Trump made it perfectly clear before the election that his main priority was to create jobs and get people back into work. surely such people would have better off voting for Clinton

Trump says anything that will get him applause.  Jobs?  Truth be told, Obama took a nation that was on the verge of the second Great Depression in October 2008, and brought it to BOOM TIMES at the end of 2016.  Employers, including the US Postal Service, were begging for applicants to employment.

In his brief six months, Trump as never equaled the jobs numbers that Obama achieved.  Trump brags about the under-100 jobs at Carrier, Inc., or tries to take credit for new Ford plants that were in the plans back in 2013.  But it's just Trump's atmosphere of bullshit.  He talks bigly, like a Toyota advertisement on TV.

Trump lies...to an extent that a new classification of Oh they all lie, is necessary.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:44 pm

Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:

Trump made it perfectly clear before the election that his main priority was to create jobs and get people back into work.  surely such people would have better off voting for Clinton

I was gobsmacked Hilary Clinton didn't win, as I'm sure the huge majority ...no matter where they lived, were.
What amazed me was the % of women in some states that voted him in....he talks about and seemingly treats women like dirt.

So was everyone, I'll warrant.

Especially considering that Trump was vilified by the media day after day after day. Clinton had the big corporations backing her, she had the media backing her she had God knows how many dead people miraculously get up and vote for her and she still lost.

To be fair though she is about the most evil woman on the planet. laughing about a rape victims ordeal. standing by her vile pig of a husband just to get a crown. No way would she suppport womens rights. two faced on economy (as proved) public opinion/private opinion. plus all the aforementioned strange deaths of anyone getting too close to their private affairs. People finally saw through all the vileness and lies of that evil witch and ditched her.

Trump likes to big himself up enormously. His ego is the size of Mexico so no wonder there's not room for any Mexicans in his world. He thinks of himself as some kind of messiah but I think, in truth that people just considered him to be slightly less evil than her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:Trump made it perfectly clear before the election that his main priority was to create jobs and get people back into work. surely such people would have better off voting for Clinton

Trump says anything that will get him applause.  Jobs?  

yes, jobs quill. Trump was banging on and on endlessly about job creation in the lead up to the election. My point is why would lazy arsed fuckwits who want more benefits be voting for someone who clearly wants them to go out and earn a living? Doesn't make much sense

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:48 pm

The American system got what it deserved.  They voted him in...they'll have to live with it.

The people on welfare didn't vote for him.  As the Republican line goes, those people are voting for the free Stuff, and want Democrats to win.  The people who voted for Trump are the dregs...southerners, winos, meth addicts, motorcycle gangs...all the people you see at Charlottesville.  

Trump only has the support of between 25 - 30% of the voters.  He got in because the US is not a democracy.  He was elected in the Electoral College.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:42 pm

Original Quill wrote:The American system got what it deserved.  They voted him in...they'll have to live with it.

The people on welfare didn't vote for him.  As the Republican line goes, those people are voting for the free Stuff, and want Democrats to win.  The people who voted for Trump are the dregs...southerners, winos, meth addicts, motorcycle gangs...all the people you see at Charlottesville.  

Trump only has the support of between 25 - 30% of the voters.  He got in because the US is not a democracy.  He was elected in the Electoral College.

He got more of a percentage of the popular vote than that. The Electoral College just voted the way the voters wanted them to in each State.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:53 pm

Original Quill wrote:The American system got what it deserved.  They voted him in...they'll have to live with it.

what utter garbage. I've seen tons of people interviewed supporting Trump . Smart, hardworking, oooh and in some cases black....horror of horrors. you would love to think that what you say is true but you seem to be just another mainstream media muppet that's easily led.

word on the ground is that Trump is becoming more popular than less and the louder the masked up Antifa slags become the less popular is the democrat movement.

all this protesting at protesters is just digging their own graves politically speaking

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

He got more of a percentage of the popular vote than that. The Electoral College just voted the way the voters wanted them to in each State.

Yes, it's true. Trump is the only American president whose popularity as declined immediately and steadily since his election.

The Electoral College is not representative of the popular vote. This is true of Congress as well. One study concluded that a vote in Wyoming is equal in weight to 70-times that of a Californian's vote. Rural areas are favored in the Electoral College, and they vote predominately toward the right.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:05 pm

gelico wrote:

what utter garbage.  I've seen tons of people interviewed supporting Trump .  Smart, hardworking, oooh and in some cases black....horror of horrors.  you would love to think that what you say is true but you seem to be just another mainstream media muppet that's easily led.

word on the ground is that Trump is becoming more popular than less and the louder the masked up Antifa slags become the less popular is the democrat movement.

all this protesting at protesters is just digging their own graves politically speaking

What you see on alt.right TV are individual cases.  The same is true for what you hear "on the ground".  You can't generalize from specifics.  Each of us tends to see the world in scripts, and that means that we visually confirm what we believe, cherry-picking scenes as we like.  The statistical view rises above our personal view, and gives us a real picture of the country as a whole.

But the truth in a statistical view is that Trump has less than a 30% favorability-rating, and it's declining.  He was 3-million votes shy at the time of the election, and he has dropped steadily since then.  He's the first president ever to have had a special prosecutor appointed to investigate him in the first four months of his tenure.  We now know why he refused to give his tax returns.  We'll soon know what espionage and money-laundering activities he has been up to.  He's obviously an arm of the Russian Mafia.

This is the fun part of the ride. This is where the movie reveals the answers that were there all along in the clues. We might even have a car chase. Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:

what utter garbage.  I've seen tons of people interviewed supporting Trump .  Smart, hardworking, oooh and in some cases black....horror of horrors.  you would love to think that what you say is true but you seem to be just another mainstream media muppet that's easily led.

What you see on alt.right TV are individual cases.  

indeed, many, many many many individual cases which tends to give one a bigger picture.

The same is true for what you hear "on the ground".  You can't generalize from specifics.  

you can if there's enough of them.  You like to generalize though don't you quill?  winos, dregs, meths merchants etc

Each of us tends to see the world in scripts, and that means that we visually confirm what we believe, cherry-picking scenes as we like.  The statistical view rises above our personal view, and gives us a real picture of the country as a whole.

But the truth in a statistical view is that Trump has less than a 30% favorability-rating, and it's declining.  He was 3-million votes shy at the time of the election, and he has dropped steadily since then.  He's the first president ever to have had a special prosecutor appointed to investigate him in the first four months of his tenure.  We now know why he refused to give his tax returns.  We'll soon know what espionage and money-laundering activities he has been up to.  He's obviously an arm of the Russian Mafia.

This is the fun part of the ride.  This is where the movie reveals the answers that were there all along in the clues.  We might even have a car chase.  Razz

the rest is nonsense too

refused to give his tax returns?  hahaha  did you not see madcow maddow having orgasms over the fact that they had been sent his tax returns?  she kept her audience waiting for ages and finally said ''oh well it says that he earned this much and paid this much tax so it's all in order''  PAH!!!!

Russian Mafia my arse

get a grip quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:33 pm

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

What you see on alt.right TV are individual cases.  

indeed, many, many many many individual cases which tends to give one a bigger picture.

The same is true for what you hear "on the ground".  You can't generalize from specifics.  

you can if there's enough of them.  You like to generalize though don't you quill?  winos, dregs, meths merchants etc

Each of us tends to see the world in scripts, and that means that we visually confirm what we believe, cherry-picking scenes as we like.  The statistical view rises above our personal view, and gives us a real picture of the country as a whole.

This is the fun part of the ride.  This is where the movie reveals the answers that were there all along in the clues.  We might even have a car chase.  Razz

the rest is nonsense too

refused to give his tax returns?  hahaha  did you not see madcow maddow having orgasms over the fact that they had been sent his tax returns?  she kept her audience waiting for ages and finally said ''oh well it says that he earned this much and paid this much tax so it's all in order''  PAH!!!!

Russian Mafia my arse

get a grip quill

The 2-pages of his 2005 tax returns that Trump released himself, said nothing. They were meant to assuage the clarion call from the public. The fact that he let them out shows how worried he is.

Haha...you'll see.  I'll be the one laughing and pointing at you. Razz Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:53 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes, it's true.  Trump is the only American president whose popularity as declined immediately and steadily since his election.

The Electoral College is not representative of the popular vote.  This is true of Congress as well.  One study concluded that a vote in Wyoming is equal in weight to 70-times that of a Californian's vote.  Rural areas are favored in the Electoral College, and they vote predominately toward the right.

You can't blame Trump for the system. The electoral college is representative of the popular vote in each State. You don't have proportional representation so the winner of each state takes all the votes - like in the UK.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:06 pm

Cass wrote:Didge, the time has come to draw the line in the sand. Anyone who continues to support this lying administration is complicit now. He has self-proclaimed white supremacist as his advisors. Abhorrent. He was a leading vocalist about the birther movement.

I'm standing up for my beliefs and principles. And yes I believe what I say above,  as I have had family members and friends vote for that piece of garbage. It's gotten to the point where I don't talk to them anymore. Sadly I still need a job so I have to sit there with a fake smile and say I don't discuss personal matters when confronted with it at work. I don't want their bigotry and hatred in my life. That's unbelievably sad but they will not or cannot see the hate this man has brought to the fore.

Have a greenie + 1000%

If more people had stood up to be counted against Hitler, the world would have been a better place.   I think it is utterly pathetic that people are trying to make out those who are standing against the forces of pure evil unleashed by Trump are anything but utter patriots, saving their country from fascism.   If you aren't with them, you haven't been listening as the young lady killed by the terrorist nazi in Charlottesville put on her FB page.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:09 pm

sassy wrote:

Have a greenie + 1000%

If more people had stood up to be counted against Hitler, the world would have been a better place.   I think it is utterly pathetic that people are trying to make out those who are standing against the forces of pure evil unleashed by Trump are anything but utter patriots, saving their country from fascism.   If you aren't with them, you haven't been listening as the young lady killed by the terrorist nazi in Charlottesville put on her FB page.

Many people did stand up to Hitler and they died for doing so. Though how you can compare either, is beyond me. Again I think its pure evil to class all Trump supporters based off some Nazi's and is inherently dangerous and would send the US further more down the road to civil war. The more you segregate a people with hate, the more you will increase the chances of war happening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:41 am

Raggamuffin wrote:You can't blame Trump for the system. The electoral college is representative of the popular vote in each State. You don't have proportional representation so the winner of each state takes all the votes - like in the UK.

It's not Trump's fault, agreed.  When the Constitution was written, the founders wanted to go state by state, and tally the votes that way.  That was in part because some states were slave states, and wanted to count the slaves (though, not give them the vote).  Where the inequity comes in is between states: less populated states have a heavier vote than the more populous states.  The Electoral College is the last vestige of slavery.

But this means that America is clearly not a democracy, as so many claim.  Hillary got 3-million more raw votes that Trump, yet still lost the election.  In fact, since the turn of the century 2 out of the last 3 presidents were elected by a minority of the popular vote.  Democracy is clearly on the wane in this century.  Oligarchy appears to be on the rise, as in exists in Russia.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down