NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spanish police beat British tourists with a BATON for 'singing in the street' and then 'force cameramen to delete video of the incident'

4 posters

Go down

Spanish police beat British tourists with a BATON for 'singing in the street' and then 'force cameramen to delete video of the incident' Empty Spanish police beat British tourists with a BATON for 'singing in the street' and then 'force cameramen to delete video of the incident'

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:11 pm

Spanish police have been accused of heavy-handed tactics after they were filmed beating British holiday-makers on the party island of Majorca.
Footage taken in the popular city of Santa Ponsa shows one officer with his truncheon drawn hitting holidaymakers as they share a sing-along in the street.
Witness Daniel Davis, 34, said one officer was even carrying a whip and using it to hit people during the incident on Saturday night.

'Kids were chanting in the street. All of a sudden a car was trying to get past and that's when the police arrived,' he said.
'They came running in and were hitting everyone, they were so aggressive

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4724230/Spanish-police-beat-British-tourists-BATON.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Spanish police beat British tourists with a BATON for 'singing in the street' and then 'force cameramen to delete video of the incident' Empty Re: Spanish police beat British tourists with a BATON for 'singing in the street' and then 'force cameramen to delete video of the incident'

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:12 pm

Can't say as I blame the police, really. They were probably at the end of their tether. Some Brits abroad act like complete dicks and the drunkeness is appalling.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Spanish police beat British tourists with a BATON for 'singing in the street' and then 'force cameramen to delete video of the incident' Empty Re: Spanish police beat British tourists with a BATON for 'singing in the street' and then 'force cameramen to delete video of the incident'

Post by Syl Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:19 pm

Santa Ponsa is a lovely place out of season....drunken kids (sadly usually Brits) ruin many a lovely Spanish town when they descend in the summer months.

Course greedy bar owners who sell cheep booze in huge measures, and tour reps who encourage drinking games are just as bad.

Police are trying to clamp down on bad behaviour....maybe they should look closer to home if they seriously want to reclaim their holiday spots for decent people.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:08 pm

Syl wrote:Santa Ponsa is a lovely place out of season....drunken kids (sadly usually Brits) ruin many a lovely Spanish town when they descend in the summer months.

Course greedy bar owners who sell cheep booze in huge measures, and tour reps who encourage drinking games are just as bad.

Police are trying to clamp down on bad behaviour....maybe they should look closer to home if they seriously want to reclaim their holiday spots for decent people.

How come other people can restrain themselves though?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:09 pm

I always think that people who get their rocks off by getting blind drunk or high on drugs to this extent have something seriously missing from their lives, and are fundamentally unhappy or discontented.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:23 pm

Majorica is a Brit party place. That's why I prefer Minorica.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:31 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:Santa Ponsa is a lovely place out of season....drunken kids (sadly usually Brits) ruin many a lovely Spanish town when they descend in the summer months.

How come other people can restrain themselves though?    

We could hazard guesses.

Many continental families eat with their kids, both inside the house and in restaurants.....where children are welcomed.
Britain has never really liked kids in restaurants in the evening....unless they are the sort of places where kids run wild whilst parents get drunk..and in the home loads of people here don't have family meals anymore.

I don't think our kids have been taught respect for food or alcohol....some not all obviously.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:33 pm

Original Quill wrote:Majorica is a Brit party place.  That's why I prefer Minorica.

That's true...Minorca is a lot quieter...having said that Majorca is great in September and October, that's when all the idiots have gone home.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:36 pm

Gd points, all. But I think it runs deeper than table manners.

Brits are extraordinarily reserved in their everyday life. Perhaps it's because of this that they need to release steam whilst on vacation.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:41 pm

Original Quill wrote:Gd points, all.  But I think it runs deeper than table manners.

Brits are extraordinarily reserved in their everyday life.  Perhaps it's because of this that they need to release steam whilst on vacation.

I think its more than table manners though Quill...its respect for food, drink, yourself, others....all part of living life to the fullest without resorting to getting blind drunk in order to have fun.

People say the Brits are reserved, maybe we are, I don't see that myself.
We hooked up with an American couple a few years ago in Majorca.....granted we were quiet compared to them, especially when they as good as suggested partner swapping. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:58 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Gd points, all.  But I think it runs deeper than table manners.

Brits are extraordinarily reserved in their everyday life.  Perhaps it's because of this that they need to release steam whilst on vacation.

I think its more than table manners though Quill...its respect for food, drink, yourself, others....all part of living life to the fullest without resorting to getting blind drunk in order to have fun.

We hooked up with an American couple a few years ago in Majorca.....granted we were quiet compared to them, especially when they as good as suggested partner swapping. Razz

Ewww...partner swapping is not proper company. Mad

I've studied the British people long and hard over the years.  My doctoral dissertation was on British political thought, and though that doesn't qualify me to render a mass psychological conclusion, I have gained the impression that the British people rank up their with the Mongols and 5th-century Huns for their warlike tendencies.  It's not for nothing that the sun never set on their empire.

Someone who was able to do this had to be ruthless.  Then, in order to maintain an internal civilization, they had to have stiff and uncompromising rules and mores.  Hence, the British stiff-upper-lip.

It is in keeping with this that I feel that the British really blow off steam behind the woodshed.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:02 pm

They didn't look as if they were causing trouble. Of course Majorca is noisy and crowded - it's supposed to be.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:07 pm

So a place geared up to be party central. Which makes plenty of money from party goers. Who flock in the thousands their every year. Have then the Police repay them (as they provide much towards their income by being there), by attack them for singing.

Sorry what was the crime here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Ewww...partner swapping is not proper company.    Mad

I've studied the British people long and hard over the years.  My doctoral dissertation was on British political thought, and though that doesn't qualify me to render a mass psychological conclusion, I have gained the impression that the British people rank up their with the Mongols and 5th-century Huns for their warlike tendencies.  It's not for nothing that the sun never set on their empire.

Someone who was able to do this had to be ruthless.  Then, in order to maintain an internal civilization, they had to have stiff and uncompromising rules and mores.  Hence, the British stiff-upper-lip.

It is in keeping with this that I feel that the British really blow off steam behind the woodshed.

I think people have changed considerably in the last 1600 years Quill. Razz
Blimey....the younger generation don't bare much resemblance to the last generation...so its not surprising.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:22 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Ewww...partner swapping is not proper company.    Mad

Blimey....the younger generation don't bare much resemblance to the last generation...so its not surprising.

It's genetics. The English Channel meant y'all had to keep to the same genetic stock when choosing mates.

Maybe the chunnel train between london and paris will change things. cheers

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:36 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

It's genetics.  The English Channel meant y'all had to keep to the same genetic stock when choosing mates.

Maybe the chunnel train between london and paris will change things.  cheers

Doubt it...the English and the French don't really like one another. albino
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:43 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

It's genetics.  The English Channel meant y'all had to keep to the same genetic stock when choosing mates.

Maybe the chunnel train between london and paris will change things.  cheers

Well, that's another thing...too.  But generally, y'all breed in an insular fashion. Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:26 pm

There are plenty of Brits who behave impeccably abroad. I don't know anyone who acts like these drunken bums.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:38 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Well, that's another thing...too.  But generally, y'all breed in an insular fashion.  Razz

I think you have a rather distorted view of us Brits Quill. Twisted Evil
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down