NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protests against more Israeli Settlements

+2
Cantankerous
veya_victaous
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Protests against more Israeli Settlements Empty Protests against more Israeli Settlements

Post by Guest Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:56 pm

Hundreds protest against Israeli settlements
Palestinians and Israeli activists occupy abandoned houses in Jericho to protest against settlements in West Bank.

Hundreds of Palestinians accompanied by Israeli activists have occupied about a dozen abandoned houses near Jericho in the occupied West Bank.

The protest by nearly 300 people on Friday was aimed at denouncing the repeated refusal of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to dismantle settlements illegal under international law and agree to a pullout from the Jordan Valley.

Netanyahu on January 24 said that he "did not intend to uproot any Israeli citizen" from Jordan Valley as part of a peace deal, Haaretz newspaper reported.

The protesters arrived by bus and car and paraded a banner proclaiming "No peace with settlements", signed by the Youth Against Settlements group. They brought generators with them, indicating that they plan to at least stay overnight.

Israeli police and soldiers deployed in the area, but made no immediate move to disperse the protest.

In March last year, 200 Palestinian activists set up a protest camp on the site of an Israeli settlement that had been under construction, as US President Barack Obama visited Israel. Israeli police drove them out after several days of protest.

Meanwhile, the UN humanitarian coordinator for the Palestinian territories has criticised Israel's demolition of 36 homes in the Jordan Valley and urged a halt to such actions in the occupied West Bank.

The demolitions in the Jordan Valley community of Ain el-Helwe on Thursday displaced 66 people, including 36 children, James Rawley said in a statement.

"I am deeply concerned about the ongoing displacement and dispossession of Palestinians... along the Jordan Valley where the number of structures demolished more than doubled in the last year," he said.

"This activity not only deprives Palestinians of access to shelter and basic services, it also runs counter to international law."

Israeli soldiers open fire

His office said more than 1,000 people had been displaced last year in the West Bank and annexed East Jerusalem by demolitions on the grounds that homes had been built without Israeli permits, "which are virtually impossible to obtain".

In a separate incident, Israeli soldiers shot and wounded 10 Palestinians near the West Bank town of Ramallah during a protest over the killing of a teenager, Palestinian medics and security sources said.

In Gaza, meanwhile, medics said five more Palestinians were wounded by Israeli army gunfire near the border fence with Israel.

The demonstration was called to protest at the Israeli army's killing on Wednesday of Mohammed Mubarak, a 19-year-old from Jalazun working on a project funded by USAID and son of the camp's locally elected leader.

The army said he was shot dead near a settlement outside Ramallah after opening fire on them, but witnesses insisted he was unarmed.

A total of 27 Palestinians were killed by the Israeli army in the West Bank in 2013, three times more than the previous year, figures from Israeli rights watchdog B'Tselem showed.

On Thursday, British charity Oxfam severed its ties with Hollywood actress Scarlett Johansson over her endorsement of an Israeli firm operating in a settlement in the occupied West Bank - a move that Oxfam said was "incompatible" with its stance.

The spat has come at a delicate time for US-backed peacetalks between Israel and the Palestinians. Israeli officials fear that if the talks fail, a nascent call for an economic boycott of Israel and its settlements might grow.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2014/01/hundreds-protest-against-israeli-settlements-20141311844770384.html

Shame on the Israeli government, doing their utmost to make sure the peace talks fail, their intention all along, and thieving land that is not theirs against international law.

A boycott should be put in place immediately instead of letting them get away with it year after year.

Back to top Go down

Protests against more Israeli Settlements Empty Re: Protests against more Israeli Settlements

Post by Guest Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:23 pm

Why don't the Palestinians re locate in an Islamic place like Dubai?

Back to top Go down

Protests against more Israeli Settlements Empty Re: Protests against more Israeli Settlements

Post by veya_victaous Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:59 am

@warren
because it is their land, they were there first before Moses and his lot invaded. they have also stayed there the whole time.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:10 am

veya_victaous wrote:@warren
because it is their land, they were there first before Moses and his lot invaded. they have also stayed there the whole time.

Sorry Veya that really is half the story, the land has changed hands many times throughout history and the people is mixed with a variety of different ethnic groups and by your logic what we call the Jews and Palestinians today were there in the form of Hebrews, of which within both groups of people some Palestinians and Jews descend from today. Thus by your logic both would have claim. The area has also had people migrate to the area also throughout history, do they have no rights no based on this first come first serve basses of people long since dead? Of course not and we cannot rely on bible for historical accuracy before 500 BC.
Also there are other ethnic groups that have lived in the area for as long as well.

You do not resolve the problem by continual claims to ownership rights, this is why settlements are so wrong, because they are based off the back of silly claims to rights of land in the first place

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:40 am

@phil
Palestinians are Philistines, i.e. the people the Jews Say they attacked to take the land to make the First Israel, 1st Dynasties Egypt recovered trading with them So that puts them in the area a good 1500 years before Moses was born (Reign of Ramses the 2nd, 2nd Dynasties).
When Romans destroyed the Original Israelites, The land was again controlled by Palestine (the name changes a couple of times when who they are being ruled by changed), they have always been a vassal nation to a larger empire, but the peoples have been there and are largely the same, and recorded as mercenaries in many battles in the region(that why I know I have an interest in Ancient History but mainly the battles study ).
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:57 am

veya_victaous wrote:@phil
Palestinians are Philistines, i.e. the people the Jews Say they attacked to take the land to make the First Israel, 1st Dynasties Egypt recovered trading with them So that puts them in the area a good 1500 years before Moses was born (Reign of Ramses the 2nd, 2nd Dynasties).
When Romans destroyed the Original Israelites, The land was again controlled by Palestine (the name changes a couple of times when who they are being ruled by changed), they have always been a vassal nation to a larger empire, but the peoples have been there and are largely the same, and recorded as mercenaries in many battles in the region(that why I know I have an interest in Ancient History but mainly the battles study ).

Sorry that is very incorrect, for a start the Romans controlled the land, followed by the Byzantine Empire, then Sassanid empire, back to Byzantine, then Rashidun, Umayyad and Abbasid Caliphates period, then the Crusades, the list is endless of people coming and controlling the lands, it was never controlled by the Palestinians themselves. Again you are claiming rights through the notion of people long since dead, basing a view being able to trace this ancestry back, where groups on each side can do the same. What you fail to understand here is that both do descend back to the same original semitic group, hence the absurd logic of claims to who is there first, when they both descend to this single group. The point is as seen claims of ownership to the past is never going to resolve the issue and has been used for centuries and has helped nobody. The demographics of nations change, but this does not mean new settlements are right, they are of course wrong, but again they use the same absurd claim to being descend from these lands as an excuse to build settlements. I have vast knowledge of history also Veya

The fact is both sides need to reconcile and live together, arguments over ownership here in my view are the wrong way forward, as by doing this nobody wants peace and in fact keeps the conflict very much alive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:29 pm

incorrect

the natives of that land were nomadic and had no country of their own

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:33 pm

PhilDidge wrote:

Sorry that is very incorrect, for a start the Romans controlled the land, followed by the Byzantine Empire, then Sassanid empire, back to Byzantine, then Rashidun, Umayyad and Abbasid Caliphates period, then the Crusades, the list is endless of people coming and controlling the lands, it was never controlled by the Palestinians themselves. Again you are claiming rights through the notion of people long since dead, basing a view being able to trace this ancestry back, where groups on each side can do the same. What you fail to understand here is that both do descend back to the same original semitic group, hence the absurd logic of claims to who is there first, when they both descend to this single group. The point is as seen claims of ownership to the past is never going to resolve the issue and has been used for centuries and has helped nobody. The demographics of nations change, but this does not mean new settlements are right, they are of course wrong, but again they use the same absurd claim to being descend from these lands as an excuse to build settlements. I have vast knowledge of history also Veya

The fact is both sides need to reconcile and live together, arguments over ownership here in my view are the wrong way forward, as by doing this nobody wants peace and in fact keeps the conflict very much alive

it has nothing to do with lands didge and everything to with religious hatred

how many times do you have to be shown that before the Jewish state became a reality, the "Palestinians" were annexed by Jordan and Egypt and they never once fought a war or fired a rocket into these countries because they wanted their own country

secondly when the Jews were settled in Israel they were settled in areas that were not occupied by anyone therefore there wasn't any land to steal since no one lived there

you can keep your hippy dream alive about kissing and making up all day but it wont ever happen whilst Islam is in the ME

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:42 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

how many times do you have to be shown that before the Jewish state became a reality, the "Palestinians" were annexed by Jordan and Egypt and they never once fought a war or fired a rocket into these countries because they wanted their own country  

secondly when the Jews were settled in Israel they were settled in areas that were not occupied by anyone therefore there wasn't any land to steal since no one lived there  

you can keep your hippy dream alive about kissing and making up all day but it wont ever happen whilst Islam is in the ME

Never stated or denied Israel being a state and support it being a state this point thus is moot.
Palestine is not now under occupation or the fact when it was invaded was decades ago, thus again a moot point of no relevance
Third point so you are saying now anyone in the world can leave there home and set up shop and make it part of Britain with that logic being if an area of land is not currently occupied even though the land is in the bounds of another area?

I think the only one in dream land is you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:52 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Never stated or denied Israel being a state and support it being a state this point thus is moot.
Palestine is not now under occupation or the fact when it was invaded was decades ago, thus again a moot point of no relevance
Third point so you are saying now anyone in the world can leave there home and set up shop and make it part of Britain with that logic being if an area of land is not currently occupied even though the land is in the bounds of another area?

now you're talking utter crap and not even addressing what ive said

the area was under British control therefore it was Britain's to give to whoever they wanted, the area they gave to the jews didn't have anyone living in it therefore the Jews couldn't steal it form anyone since there was no one to steal it from.

its the same thing as America deciding to give an area in the Mojave desert where no one lives, to a group of people and telling them to set up shop

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:03 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

now you're talking utter crap and not even addressing what ive said
Irrelevant point

the area was under British control therefore it was Britain's to give to whoever they wanted, the area they gave to the jews didn't have anyone living in it therefore the Jews couldn't steal it form anyone since there was no one to steal it from.
Really? Is that your logic now, never laughed at anything so absurd in all my life, so we were in control of Iraq, lets settle many other people there because we control it in places where nobody is living, how absurd. Again my view point is not against Israel as a nation, or its formation, I am though against settlements within the Weest Bank and Gaza

its the same thing as America deciding to give an area in the Mojave desert where no one lives, to a group of people and telling them to set up shop

No it is not Because America is American, Palestine was just under British, again your logic is absurd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:22 pm

how is it that you can be dense as to consistently miss the point ALL the time

Iraq was and is still a sovereign state regardless of it being occupied by a foreign force so no we couldn't just decide to carve it up and give it away

Palestine was a massive AREA taken from the remnants of the ottoman empire, it didn't belong to any one country or nation but consisted of several countries which later became defined as independent countries including Israel which ALREADY existed before the ottoman empire

there were no "Palestinians" living in Israel which was given back to the Jews

the "Palestinians" were living in areas that were under Egyptian and Jordanian annexation, they were not displaced and forced to move out of Israel and into Gaza and the west bank because they were already there

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:40 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:how is it that you can be dense as to consistently miss the point ALL the time
More waffle

Iraq was and is still a sovereign state regardless of it being occupied by a foreign force so no we couldn't just decide to carve it up and give it away
Was it always a sovereign state, was it not also once ruled and governed by the British, so again my point still stands silly boy

Palestine was a massive AREA taken from the remnants of the ottoman empire, it didn't belong to any one country or nation but consisted of several countries which later became defined as independent countries including Israel which ALREADY existed before the ottoman empire
It belonged to the people living there and was a state within the Ottoman Empire, again how absurd an no relavant point being made  

there were no "Palestinians" living in Israel which was given back to the Jews
 ://?roflmao?/: Where did you get that belief, the Zionist bible, yes there were and are still Palestinians living in Israel

the "Palestinians" were living in areas that were under Egyptian and Jordanian annexation, they were not displaced and forced to move out of Israel and into Gaza and the west bank because they were already there  

Yes they were living in land called Palestine an area part of empires, with the people still being called Palestinians

DOH

You really are clueless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:43 pm

why do you constantly ignore the fact that the "Palestinians" were living in Gaza and the west bank which were annexed by Jordan and Egypt

is it because it would render your entire argument invalid??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:54 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:why do you constantly ignore the fact that the "Palestinians" were living in Gaza and the west bank which were annexed by Jordan and Egypt

is it because it would render your entire argument invalid??

The word was might show you your argument is again moot, this is now 2014 the last I checked.

So your argument is based on the past not on the present, which again is absurd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:19 pm

the point stands

the Palestinians were controlled by Jordan and Egypt and during that period there wasn't any conflict with Jordan and Egypt and there was no clamoring for a land of their

the reason this point is so devastating to your argument is because it proves that the land theft issue is just a smoke screen to conceal the real reason for the conflict - Muslims hate Jews and want them dead

if the land was really the problem then during the period they were annexed by Jordan and Egypt, the pals would have been doing to Egypt and Jordan what they are doing to Israel

that the reason you ignore their annexation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:37 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:the point stands

the Palestinians were controlled by Jordan and Egypt and during that period there wasn't any conflict with Jordan and Egypt and there was no clamoring for a land of their  
Irrelevant, that is now history and has nothing to do with the present

the reason this point is so devastating to your argument is because it proves that the land theft issue is just a smoke screen to conceal the real reason for the conflict - Muslims hate Jews and want them dead  
I think you will find that there are some Jews and Muslims that hate each other fueling this, your argument was absurd and daft on the land issue as seen Israel keeps encroaching on land that was not formed from the formation of Israel

if the land was really the problem then during the period they were annexed by Jordan and Egypt, the pals would have been doing to Egypt and Jordan what they are doing to Israel
Again absurd, you are making claims to a time long past, this is 21014, of which the people living now matter,

that the reason you ignore their annexation

I ignore something that has no relevance which you are clutching at straws over

The annexation by these nations was wrong also, that does not give green light for other nations including Israel to do the same, again it was in the past, Israel is still encroaching on lands not assigned to them from the formation of the nation. You are basically arguing now that 1 million British people living in Spain can now form their own colony extension of Britain because they are living there, again an absurd notion. I stand up and stand by the formation of the nation Israel, I will of course challenge any Zionist who spouts drivel claiming they can steal land not given to them in the formation of its nation.

laters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:55 pm

no didge you ignore things you don't understand and lack the factual foundation to present a credible counter argument from

you are now trying to say that the settlements, which are only a fairly recent development, are responsible for the start of the conflict

that is bullshit because the conflict started in 1948, long before these settlements started going up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:00 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:no didge you ignore things you don't understand and lack the factual foundation to present a credible counter argument from

you are now trying to say that the settlements, which are only a fairly recent development, are responsible for the start of the conflict

that is bullshit because the conflict started in 1948, long before these settlements started going up

I never said they were the reason but part of the reason of which they are.
Actually the conflict started before 1948 and if we really go down to basics it started with Zionism.
The reality is the arab nations were wrong to not accept the formation of Israel and all conflicts that followed, so was the expulsion of hundreds of thousands of Jews from foreign lands. Also is wrong is Israel in many actions it has down and encroaching on land not part of the agreement is wrong. To me both sides have the right to a nation and it is not going to be solved with each side making silly claims to land ownership, it will be solved when respect each other the right to their nations and live in peace and that will only happen when the people are not controlled/influenced anymore by Hamas or the Zionists, as these two groups want to keep the conflicts going

Byee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:04 pm

actually if you want to go down to it you you can start in around 1920 when Muslims were once again attacking Jews, and that was BEFORE the return of the Jews from europe

that was before the formation of Israel

that was before there was any issue of land

so you can throw up as many smokescreens as you want, the bottom line is that the conflict is religious in origin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:15 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:actually if you want to go down to it you you can start in around 1920 when Muslims were once again attacking Jews, and that was BEFORE the return of the Jews from europe
Yes that is why I told you it started by 1948 of which was your first claim, doh, again you could arue it started when Zionism was born in the late 19th century

that was before the formation of Israel

that was before there was any issue of land

so you can throw up as many smokescreens as you want, the bottom line is that the conflict is religious in origin    

No smoke screen, would there even be an issue today if Zionism never came into being?
The conflict and arguments from both sides are absurd, hence my view point they need to resolve their differences and come to peace. Here is a good example of the absurdity of religion, arguing over a piece of land that once other men walked on that they now venerate, these men being prophets, so all the three main religions argue over this place throughout history over something so lame.

Got to go, your claim is as bad as sassy, you both seek to continue the conflict, where I want peace for both sides

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:22 pm

yes of course there would be an issue

the issue is religious bigotry and hatred towards the Jews

it has nothing to do with Zionism or land theft and everything to do with Islamic hatred of the Jews

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:28 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
Palestinians are Philistines, i.e. the people the Jews Say they attacked to take the land to make the First Israel, 1st Dynasties Egypt recovered trading with them So that puts them in the area a good 1500 years before Moses was born (Reign of Ramses the 2nd, 2nd Dynasties).
When Romans destroyed the Original Israelites, The land was again controlled by Palestine (the name changes a couple of times when who they are being ruled by changed), they have always been a vassal nation to a larger empire, but the peoples have been there and are largely the same, and recorded as mercenaries in many battles in the region(that why I know I have an interest in Ancient History but mainly the battles study).

Controlled is the wrong word I’ll give you that, but they inhabited and were not nomads as smelly claims. I know they are constantly swapped but they accepted vassal statehood, unlike the Jews so they got to keep living there. They were the same group that’s the point the Palestinian side of the group has lived there the whole time while the Jewish Side left there for Egypt before they even because 'Jews' and then have caused issues in the area Until The Romans finally got sick of it and 'dispersed' them.

And the only reason why Israel is there is the notion that there have some ancestral right. If they Jews have a Claim Palestine has GREATER claim. SO the Jewish Claim is superseded and void. (I am Agreeing with you and Use Palestine to illustrate that the Jews have no valid claim to the land)

The West should just stop giving support to Israel and let nature take its course. Israel would be gone in months without USA military aid. Because it is not a natural state for them to be there. Israel’s actions for the past 2 decades have obliterated any sympathy they deserved, they have proven themselves to be as bad if not worse.

The Idea of Reconciliation is unrealistic, It's been over 2 millennia and they are still causing Cultural tensions.  

P.S.
I am Strongly Anti All Monothiest religions and Anti all organised religion so I am not anti-semitic, I am just anti Stupid sky giant fairy tales.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:10 pm

What a load of utter crap

There are Jewish structures which have been archaeologically dated to over 2000 years ago, which proves there has been a Jewish presence on Israel for that whole time

That shows an extremely strong ancestral link to the land

Ps people who genuinely aren't anti Semitic don't put as much effort as you do into convincing everyone that they aren't.

The fact that you would see Israel gone shows how anti Semitic you truly are, since Israel "going" involves a second genocide of the Jews

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:36 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:What a load of utter crap

There are Jewish structures which have been archaeologically dated to over 2000 years ago, which proves there has been a Jewish presence on Israel for that whole time

Ps people who genuinely aren't anti Semitic don't put as much effort as you do into convincing everyone that they aren't.

The fact that you would see Israel gone shows how anti Semitic you truly are, since Israel "going" involves a second genocide of the Jews

And Palestinain Records going back 3700 years, Which Proves the Jews were new comers 2000 years ago!!!!!

Are there no Jews in the UK? there are plenty here.
I doubt they wil be extinct, but like Christian and Muslims the world would be better if they were.  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

And it wouldn't be the second it would be the 4th or 5th attempt. Cool Cool Cool 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:07 pm

Yeah but you could argue the same about the Saxons in England, Bill the conqueror won hands down so the Saxons had to lump it. Israel can beat anyone in the area, so they need to lump it.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:26 pm

Warren Moon wrote:

Yeah but you could argue the same about the Saxons in England, Bill the conqueror won hands down so the Saxons had to lump it.  Israel can beat anyone in the area, so they need to lump it.

For about 3 months.... Israel cannot support its armed forces it can’t even Arm them and it completely reliant on USA military aid for their dominance in the region. IF the Aid stopped they couldn't hold out for long against the legit regional powers like Iran.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:24 am

It wont happen...America NEEDS "battleship Israel"

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:28 am

grumpy old git wrote:It wont happen...America NEEDS "battleship Israel"

I know  Crying or Very sad 
It is the Vangaurd and the excuse they can drop at any time to invade and claim the resources of the middle east.
 Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:49 am

veya_victaous wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Controlled is the wrong word I’ll give you that, but they inhabited and were not nomads as smelly claims. I know they are constantly swapped but they accepted vassal statehood, unlike the Jews so they got to keep living there. They were the same group that’s the point the Palestinian side of the group has lived there the whole time while the Jewish Side left there for Egypt before they even because 'Jews' and then have caused issues in the area Until The Romans finally got sick of it and 'dispersed' them.

And the only reason why Israel is there is the notion that there have some ancestral right. If they Jews have a Claim Palestine has GREATER claim. SO the Jewish Claim is superseded and void. (I am Agreeing with you and Use Palestine to illustrate that the Jews have no valid claim to the land)

The West should just stop giving support to Israel and let nature take its course. Israel would be gone in months without USA military aid. Because it is not a natural state for them to be there. Israel’s actions for the past 2 decades have obliterated any sympathy they deserved, they have proven themselves to be as bad if not worse.

The Idea of Reconciliation is unrealistic, It's been over 2 millennia and they are still causing Cultural tensions.  

P.S.
I am Strongly Anti All Monothiest religions and Anti all organised religion so I am not anti-semitic, I am just anti Stupid sky giant fairy tales.

Sorry you are wrong again, Jews is just a term for one of the tribes of Hebrews remember, again all are of the same Semitic group, hence why you are confusing yourself here. There are no doubt Palestinians who's ancestors were also no doubt Hebrews or Jews as well. People converted through out time periods. The biblical story of the exodus is a fairy tale not backed by any other corroborating evidence. Your argument here is based on the premise that people in this land have always been called Palestinians when they have not , but again both their descendants and of the Jews come from the same and same Semitic group. So again your argument has no logic and is absurd and hence why claims to land made by anyone is idiotic at best, they always make daft assumptions and not back it up with historical facts. I do not make any claim that either has to the land, just that now both groups of peoples do live there and their descendants have lived there which is the point you are missing.  

What we do know of a people in the land of Egypt is the Hyksos who invaded the land 1720-1710 BC at a time of upheaval, of which they were a mixed bunch of peoples, of which Hebrew names are found within, but again many Semitic people stayed also within the area of Canaan. Please do not claim something as religious as yous source Veya. Again the Jews were not all dispersed from the area after the two revolts against Rome, archaeology and historical evidence shows very much that Jews also stayed. Even after the failure of the Bar Kokhba revolt, Jews remained in the land of Israel in significant numbers. In fact we have even further evidence of Jewish populations still in Israel when in 351 AD, the Jewish population in Sepphoris, under the leadership of Patricius, started a revolt against the rule of Constantius Gallus.

I can give you plenty of examples showing you are greatly mistaken here, from even where Jews and Muslims fought together inside Jerusalem against the Crusaders, to then both be massacred by the Crusaders. To say all Jews left is absurd and has no historical accuracy to your claim and as seen you know bugger all about history.  

Also your last  point on Israel was completely idiotic, you are now advocating the destruction and death of people. Even worse your own argument it is not the natural state for European descendants to be in Australia, or America for example and that is the absurdity of your logic here, when demographics of nations always change. So in other words you should not be there in Australia using your absurd logic, best start packing your bags. So by advocating their obliteration you are advocating a second holocaust, it does not get anymore anti-Semitic than that. Both groups of peoples have a right to live there and now it seems you are also advocating Islamism, which is what Hamas are, who are no better than the Zionists, which is what keeps fueling the problem. Dear me never seen such an absurd justification claiming not to be anti-Semitic but in the same breath saying Israel should be a obliterated, how woeful indeed. So thanks for your wish of a second holocaust, I will stick with the idea peace can be brought about as it has done elsewhere  when none thought it possible/ Also your belief Israel would be easily destroyed, shows you have not studied the 1948 Arab–Israeli War.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:27 am

veya_victaous wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:What a load of utter crap

And Palestinain Records going back 3700 years, Which Proves the Jews were new comers 2000 years ago!!!!!

I doubt they wil be extinct, but like Christian and Muslims the world would be better if they were.  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

And it wouldn't be the second it would be the 4th or 5th attempt. Cool Cool Cool 

Better if the Jews were extinct??

Definitely no nazi like anti semitism in that viewpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Cantankerous Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:24 am

Sassy wrote: Hundreds protest against Israeli settlements
Palestinians and Israeli activists occupy abandoned houses in Jericho to protest against settlements in West Bank.

Hundreds of Palestinians accompanied by Israeli activists have occupied about a dozen abandoned houses near Jericho in the occupied West Bank.

The protest by nearly 300 people on Friday was aimed at denouncing the repeated refusal of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to dismantle settlements illegal under international law and agree to a pullout from the Jordan Valley.

Netanyahu on January 24 said that he "did not intend to uproot any Israeli citizen" from Jordan Valley as part of a peace deal, Haaretz newspaper reported.

The protesters arrived by bus and car and paraded a banner proclaiming "No peace with settlements", signed by the Youth Against Settlements group. They brought generators with them, indicating that they plan to at least stay overnight.

Israeli police and soldiers deployed in the area, but made no immediate move to disperse the protest.

In March last year, 200 Palestinian activists set up a protest camp on the site of an Israeli settlement that had been under construction, as US President Barack Obama visited Israel. Israeli police drove them out after several days of protest.

Meanwhile, the UN humanitarian coordinator for the Palestinian territories has criticised Israel's demolition of 36 homes in the Jordan Valley and urged a halt to such actions in the occupied West Bank.

The demolitions in the Jordan Valley community of Ain el-Helwe on Thursday displaced 66 people, including 36 children, James Rawley said in a statement.

"I am deeply concerned about the ongoing displacement and dispossession of Palestinians... along the Jordan Valley where the number of structures demolished more than doubled in the last year," he said.

"This activity not only deprives Palestinians of access to shelter and basic services, it also runs counter to international law."

Israeli soldiers open fire

His office said more than 1,000 people had been displaced last year in the West Bank and annexed East Jerusalem by demolitions on the grounds that homes had been built without Israeli permits, "which are virtually impossible to obtain".

In a separate incident, Israeli soldiers shot and wounded 10 Palestinians near the West Bank town of Ramallah during a protest over the killing of a teenager, Palestinian medics and security sources said.

In Gaza, meanwhile, medics said five more Palestinians were wounded by Israeli army gunfire near the border fence with Israel.

The demonstration was called to protest at the Israeli army's killing on Wednesday of Mohammed Mubarak, a 19-year-old from Jalazun working on a project funded by USAID and son of the camp's locally elected leader.

The army said he was shot dead near a settlement outside Ramallah after opening fire on them, but witnesses insisted he was unarmed.

A total of 27 Palestinians were killed by the Israeli army in the West Bank in 2013, three times more than the previous year, figures from Israeli rights watchdog B'Tselem showed.

On Thursday, British charity Oxfam severed its ties with Hollywood actress Scarlett Johansson over her endorsement of an Israeli firm operating in a settlement in the occupied West Bank - a move that Oxfam said was "incompatible" with its stance.

The spat has come at a delicate time for US-backed peacetalks between Israel and the Palestinians. Israeli officials fear that if the talks fail, a nascent call for an economic boycott of Israel and its settlements might grow.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2014/01/hundreds-protest-against-israeli-settlements-20141311844770384.html

Shame on the Israeli government, doing their utmost to make sure the peace talks fail, their intention all along, and thieving land that is not theirs against international law.  

A boycott should be put in place immediately instead of letting them get away with it year after year.

Why are some socialists such anti semitic racist cunts I wonder.
Cantankerous
Cantankerous
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:26 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Warren Moon wrote:

Yeah but you could argue the same about the Saxons in England, Bill the conqueror won hands down so the Saxons had to lump it.  Israel can beat anyone in the area, so they need to lump it.

For about 3 months....  Israel cannot support its armed forces it can’t even Arm them and it completely reliant on USA military aid for their dominance in the region.  IF the Aid stopped they couldn't hold out for long against the legit regional powers like Iran.

Like when Israel was embargoed and had no way of replenishing its weapons. Yeah right, like French supplied Mirages which were redesigned to use a J-79 Phantom engine and then improved with forward canards, avionics and range. Israel has no fear from anyone with or without support.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:43 pm

Ah what sheer hypocrisy!

You cant speak against the Zionism as you are labelled an anti semitic!!!!!!

Yet all day you can sprout rubbish about Muslims without any fear!!!!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:43 pm

Is she talking to me?????

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:44 pm

Warren Moon wrote:Is she talking to me?????

Are you addressing me?

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:47 pm

This feels like a Robert De Niro movies SM.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:48 pm

Warren Moon wrote:This feels like a Robert De Niro movies SM.

Hahaha! Btw i wasn't as i know you are not!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:49 pm

If we'd had Sexy Mama at Hastings against the Normans, they'd have gone home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:09 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:Ah what sheer hypocrisy!

You cant speak against the Zionism as you are labelled an anti semitic!!!!!!

Yet all day you can sprout rubbish about Muslims without any fear!!!!

the difference is that your rancid hatred of Jews behind a mild criticism of "Zionism" which to be honest you probably don't even know what Zionism is

Muslims massacre maim rape and behead on a daily basis and pose a bigger threat to freedom and democracy than the Nazis ever did, so yeah we should speak out against them

zionists??

well all they want is a home of their own

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:33 am

Blah blah blah! Because I speak out for Palestinians I'm now Anti semantic!

Listen illiterate one let me start by educating you a little.......

The Zionists ( you have access to google so look it up what it means and educate yourself on it) want to create a HOMELAND of their own by destroying the homes of the Palestinians and murdering them along the way.
For any civilised person that is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

I rest my case.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:57 pm

SM you might be better off with a lightweight number from Kipling, they store loads and are far more practical than a case.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:45 pm

Warren Moon wrote:SM you might be better off with a lightweight number from Kipling, they store loads and are far more practical than a case.

Razz Razz 
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:52 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:Blah blah blah! Because I speak out for Palestinians I'm now Anti semantic!

Listen illiterate one let me start by educating you a little.......

The Zionists ( you have access to google so look it up what it means and educate yourself on it) want to create a HOMELAND of their own by destroying the homes of the Palestinians and murdering them along the way.
For any civilised person that is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

I rest my case.

yes

the Palestinians have been trying to exterminate the Jews living in Israel since at least 1948 my sweet

israel is a creation its a birth right, jews have been living therefor centuries before Islam was even invented

and FYI the qur'an itself promises Israel for the Jews, bit of a conundrum there for you to mull over

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:06 pm

Back to land claims, utterly absurd, both have a right to live there and in peace

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:24 pm

PhilDidge wrote:Back to land claims, utterly absurd, both have a right to live there and in peace

you should talk to the Palestinians since they are the ones whining about their land being stolen, tell them how absurd you think they are

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:51 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

No It is not anti semitism it is anti Monotheism. It would be better if Christian and Muslims were Extinct too Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Again the fact there is no jewish state didn't seem to make the extinct for the 1700 odd years they were already with out it.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:19 pm

@phjildidge it is not natural
Because they didn’t conqueror it, it was given to them by another power. There is active rebellion by all its neighbours to remove it. It only remains due to intervention

and 1947
when Ben-Gurion bought massive amounts of foreign equipment in the lead up to the war, because they would not be able manufacture until declaring independence which they could see would be the start of a conflict.

Israel spends 6.9% of it's total GDP on the military the 5th highest in the world. the USA only 4.4% and they say they can barely maintain it. UK 2.5% which is still higher than average.

Also
The Foreign Military Financing (FMF) program provides grants and loans to help countries purchase weapons and defense equipment produced in the United States as well as acquiring defense services and military training. FMF funds purchases are made through the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program, which manages government-to-government sales.
Israel
2389 million US$
51.14% of its military expenditure

SO if that was to Stop. How long can they go on, when they are reliant on aid to fund half their army.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:24 am

veya_victaous wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

No It is not anti semitism it is anti Monotheism. It would be better if Christian and Muslims were Extinct too Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Again the fact there is no jewish state didn't seem to make the extinct for the 1700 odd years they were already with out it.

So you want roughly 5 billion people to be made extinct

You're clearly a very sane individual

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:59 am

@smelly
 Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect 
WTF gave you that idea
 tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue 

:::grouch::  :::grouch::  :::grouch::  But come to think about it why the hell not, Solves a lot of problems; over population, world hunger, poverty, environmental pressures and a hell of a lot of wars.

AND its only about 3.5 billion no more than 4  Smile  Smile  Smile  tongue 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_populations

::troll::
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next