NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

labels and opinions

+6
Fred Moletrousers
Original Quill
SEXY MAMA
eddie
HoratioTarr
Syl
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

labels and opinions Empty Re: labels and opinions

Post by Syl Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:11 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:It's pretty obvious that certain people who post here are ' playing to the crowd'...it's pretty pathetic really. Rolling Eyes

What gets my goat is when people keep trying to make it all about a political statement...as though by doing so it shows some kind of superior intellect or learning?  All is shows is that you're basically an unimaginative arse.

Separating people up into catagories marked extreme left and extreme right is odd to say the least.
I prefer to judge a person on other things.....not put them in little boxes marked left or right.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:40 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

What gets my goat is when people keep trying to make it all about a political statement...as though by doing so it shows some kind of superior intellect or learning?  All is shows is that you're basically an unimaginative arse.

Separating people up into catagories marked extreme left and extreme right is odd to say the least.
I prefer to judge a person on other things.....not put them in little boxes marked left or right.

There's a lot of finger pointing and breast beating over RW and LW. I mean...who gives a shit?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:51 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

There's a lot of finger pointing and breast beating over RW and LW.   I mean...who gives a shit?

Apart a few oddballs in  this little clique of forums.....no one does.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:45 am

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

How else would you judge Hitler or Stalin then?

The Communists or the Nazi's?

Its because of extreme political views that we have seen some of the worst horrors in history and so much so because of their extreme left and right wing beliefs. Now many people have views that fall into both left and right wing political beliefs. The more people share beliefs within both camps just from center, the more chances you have of a stable society. Which they are not really an issue. Most people are judged on who they are and their characters, but some are infinitely defined by their extreme political beliefs. There is certainly an issue with extreme beliefs. As the more left and right people are the more authoritarian their views are which are dangerous. As they generally impose their extreme political beliefs onto others.

So maybe you can tell me how else you want to judge Hitler and Stalin, as very interested to hear?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:43 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Its because of extreme political views that we have seen some of the worst horrors in history and so much so because of their extreme left and right wing beliefs. Now many people have views that fall into both left and right wing political beliefs. The more people share beliefs within both camps just from center, the more chances you have of a stable society. Which they are not really an issue. Most people are judged on who they are and their characters, but some are infinitely defined by their extreme political beliefs. There is certainly an issue with extreme beliefs. As the more left and right people are the more authoritarian their views are which are dangerous. As they generally impose their extreme political beliefs onto others.

So maybe you can tell me how else you want to judge Hitler and Stalin, as very interested to hear?

I am talking about people who post on forums...and this forum in particular.
It's beyond tedious the way some posters judge every comment others make by putting them in a right or left wing category.
It limits conversation and understanding of others.....and it's frankly really boring.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:48 pm

I have been saying that labels are ridiculous for years and years. Unfortunately, once someone slaps a label on you on a forum, the label sticks among the sticky-cliques and the lazy.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:58 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

It's beyond tedious the way some posters judge every comment others make by  putting them in a right or left wing category.
It limits conversation and understanding of others.....and it's frankly really boring.

How else would you rather describe their political views?
Call them raindrops for the left and roses for the right?

You cannot ignore that people have political views and it in no way hinders any conversation, in fact it often engages more. Even more so when that political view is behind their reasoning

So I really do not agree with what through all counts and purposes, is more based on what taste you have with debate

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:04 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

It's beyond tedious the way some posters judge every comment others make by  putting them in a right or left wing category.

You cannot ignore that people have political views and it in no way hinders any conversation, in fact it often engages more. Even more so when that political view is behind their reasoning

So I really do not agree with what through all counts and purposes, is more based on taste you have with debate

You are fully entitled to not agree.
I don't ignore someones political views if they make them known...I just don't judge them as a person because of them.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:09 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

So I really do not agree with what through all counts and purposes, is more based on taste you have with debate

I don't ignore someones political views if they make them known...I just don't judge them as a person because of  them.

Yet you can and do judge people for how they look or if they post their pictures online in the social media. There has been many debates on when someone starts a thread where a mom for example ect looks or dresses.

So sorry you have me lost here as to how and in what way your judging is any different?

The point is if someones views and reasons is based on a confirmation bias they have because of their political views. Its very relevant and important to understand. Of course there is sometimes it has no relevance on something, but in many major aspects political views do matter on how people view something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:12 pm

eddie wrote:I have been saying that labels are ridiculous for years and years. Unfortunately, once someone slaps a label on you on a forum, the label sticks among the sticky-cliques and the lazy.

I have seen that happen a lot on various forums over the years...put a label on someone and watch it grow...just like a Russian doll.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:16 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

I don't ignore someones political views if they make them known...I just don't judge them as a person because of  them.

Yet you can and do judge people for how they look or if they post their pictures online in the social media. There has been many debates on when someone starts a thread where a mom for example ect looks or dresses.

So sorry you have me lost here as to how and in what way your judging is any different?

The point is if someones views and reasons is based on a confirmation bias they have because of their political views. Its very relevant and important to understand. Of course there is sometimes it has no relevance on something, but in many major aspects political views do matter on how people view something.

You are twisting things again.
I said a woman who had bum implants, which had gone grotesquely wrong was deformed....which she was.
You then posted pics of disabled children and asked if I judged them in the same way....which was ridiculous.

Stick to the topic and stop fudging.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:20 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:I have been saying that labels are ridiculous for years and years. Unfortunately, once someone slaps a label on you on a forum, the label sticks among the sticky-cliques and the lazy.

I have seen that happen a lot on various forums over the years...put a label on someone and watch it grow...just like a Russian doll.

Eddie has a point, but its hard to not have labels when people identify by labels.
Atheist, religious, pacifist, liberal etc Where I more than agree with eddie is placing labels on people that are not based on any reason but emotions.
The reality is you yourself recently placed labels about Camilla did you not?
You judge her not for loving Prince Charles, but because of how you like Dianna
I have seen you label women and girls for how they dress or less dress as the case maybe.
So am sorry Syl, you are just as guilty as using labels on people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:23 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I said a woman who had bum implants, which had gone grotesquely wrong was deformed....which she was.
You then posted pics of disabled children and asked if I judged them in the same way....which was ridiculous.

OMG, I never twisted anything and now you are going off because you have wrongly perceived that I have
See you just judged someone based on your taste and placed a label on them. I mean do you think she wants to be viewed as deformed? Hence my point on those disabled. Do any of them want to be labelled by any deformity they have or treated normally? Now I know for a fact with the disabled you would wish to view them and treat them normally. So why would this then change for this woman?

Someone else may well view this different to you and see them as beautiful and not allow anything to view them any other way. You see you allowed your passions and emotions to get the better of you on that, which I understand as i do to. try to look at what I said as a reason.

That was not even the example I was thinking of. The two Irish travelers in the supermarket wearing dressing gowns comes to mind. Others where you hold a very conservative view point on how girls should dress on many debates. 

So you need to stop being paranoid

Back to top Go down

labels and opinions Empty labels and opinions

Post by eddie Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:00 pm

Just want to point out that an opinion is not the same as a label.
Just for the record.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:46 pm

eddie wrote:Just want to point out that an opinion is not the same as a label.
Just for the record.

I agree, but some opinions often have labels, as seen by the examples I have provided.
I think we are all guilty of labels at times.
Sometimes they have relevance and others not at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:14 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

OMG, I never twisted anything and now you are going off because you have wrongly perceived that I have
See you just judged someone based on your taste and placed a label on them. I mean do you think she wants to be viewed as deformed? Hence my point on those disabled. Do any of them want to be labelled by any deformity they have or treated normally? Now I know for a fact with the disabled you would wish to view them and treat them normally. So why would this then change for this woman?

Someone else may well view this different to you and see them as beautiful and not allow anything to view them any other way. You see you allowed your passions and emotions to get the better of you on that, which I understand as i do to. try to look at what I said as a reason.

That was not even the example I was thinking of. The two Irish travelers in the supermarket wearing dressing gowns comes to mind. Others where you hold a very conservative view point on how girls should dress on many debates. 

You pick and choose little snippets out of context, from threads that are long gone.
Yes the women in the supermarket were dressed like slobs....yes the woman who had arse implants was deformed....what Is paranoid about pointing out facts?

I was however talking about people on forums who judge others on forums
by putting them in little boxes....they vote Tory so they are self serving hard hearted posh folk who care nothing for anyone else.
They vote labour so they are workshy get something for nothing capitalist hating scroungers.

And before you say that's ridiculous.....yes, that's my point exactly.

And LF...you can lock this one as well....obviously someone round here doesn't like the truth.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:18 pm

Yeah, I was Dave the beefy hairy truck driver for ages on Dogs....labels and opinions Laughing_smiley
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:22 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

So I really do not agree with what through all counts and purposes, is more based on what taste you have with debate

Why has everyone got to have a political view? It seems to me that a certain faction on here revel in hurling sticks and stones at others who they perceive to be the opposite of their political leaning. Even the most innocuous threads get politics dragged into it.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:29 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

You pick and choose little snippets out of context, from threads that are long gone.
Yes the women in the supermarket were dressed like slobs....yes the woman who had arse implants was deformed....what Is paranoid about pointing out facts?
Thorin wrote:Err I think you will find it was you that brought that up, not me. You are being every so defensive because you cannot take criticism, when it is fair and my criticism is fair here. The point is again many people have deformities, but do you ever refer to them as deformed?
No, hence you are judging her off her poor decision here, which she has to live with

by putting them in little boxes....they vote Tory so they are self serving hard hearted posh folk who care nothing for anyone else.
Thorin wrote:Sorry Syl you have done so yourself and has just about every poster on here at one time or another, as how often have you labelled people as trolls. I agree that people are over the top who they cast a poster based on their political views. Again only the views should be countered, but you can speak about problems within groups and not directly at posters.The point is political debates sometimes get like this. I get bored when you ladies go off about other women in the social media. That is one of my pet hates, as i find it poor.
They vote labour so they are  workshy get something for nothing capitalist hating scroungers.

And LF...you can lock this one as well....obviously someone round here doesn't like the truth.

You need to take a chill pill and you are ruining this debate, when it need not be because you simple refuse to listen and now are acting like a child. Stop being so bloody silly. You have given me plenty of criticism, so learn to take some yourself. I know many posters on here who are left, I do not judge them for being left wing like Eilzel or Ben, I do the ones that claim to be holier than thou because they are left. Where I based something on whether it is illiberal or regressive in thinking. I often do the same to some on the right like Tommy etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:32 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Why has everyone got to have a political view?   It seems to me that a certain faction on here revel in hurling sticks and stones at others who they perceive to be the opposite of their political leaning.   Even the most innocuous threads get politics dragged into it.

All people hurl names at people Horatio including yourself. Well many aspects in life are around political views.
Religions are more so wrong when they are political. Hence talked about why politically wrong.
Animal rights, cannot be done without Political changes to laws.
many things have a political aspect to this. I agree its silly how people are judged because of their political standing and where it should be on that political view. Just ignore the political posts, many threads have multiposts going. It just seems a poor excuse because you do not like something

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:40 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

They vote labour so they are  workshy get something for nothing capitalist hating scroungers.

You need to take a chill pill and you are ruining this debate, when it need not be because you simple refuse to listen and now are acting like a child. Stop being so bloody silly. You have given me plenty of criticism, so learn to take some yourself. I know many posters on here who are left, I do not judge them for being left wing like Eilzel or Ben, I do the ones that claim to be holier than thou because they are left. Where I based something on whether it is illiberal or regressive in thinking. I often do the same to some on the right like Tommy etc.

It's you who can't take criticism...you get upset when people don't agree with your views, and then the name calling begins.

I have called ONE person a troll on here...because that's exactly what he is.

Not sure why you are taking this personally....you are certainly not the worst one for labelling people Nazis or bleeding hearts.....though judging by the way you have reacted....maybe you see something of yourself in the thread. Twisted Evil
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:46 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

It's you who can't take criticism...you get upset when people don't agree with your views, and then the name calling begins.

Not sure why you are taking this personally....you are certainly not the worst one for labelling people  Nazis or bleeding hearts.....though judging by the way you have reacted....maybe you see  something of yourself in the thread. Twisted Evil

I dont deny being passionate or allowing my passions to run away from me. I openly admit to this happening and constantly try to make myself better controlled. At least I recognize this fault I have. Do you not remember me saying its both my worst and best trait. I am not taking this personally and it was you who did Syl because you did not like me showing a judgement you made of a person you called deformed. Would not have you ever say the same to anyone with disabilities. Do you not understand that and that more than anything is why you are pissed at me. As well as my mouth running away with me when I get passionate on topics. So I often do take on board criticism and even more so how and why views of mine have changed because I do actually listen to people. I am one of the first to admit when wrong.

Calling someone a troll is still a label and over the top labels like Nazi are complete wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:55 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Not sure why you are taking this personally....you are certainly not the worst one for labelling people  Nazis or bleeding hearts.....though judging by the way you have reacted....maybe you see  something of yourself in the thread. Twisted Evil

I dont deny being passionate or allowing my passions to run away from me. I openly admit to this happening and constantly try to make myself better controlled. At least I recognize this fault I have. Do you not remember me saying its both my worst and best trait. I am not taking this personally and it was you who did Syl because you did not like me showing a judgement you made of a person you called deformed. Would not have you ever say the same to anyone with disabilities. Do you not understand that and that more than anything is why you are pissed at me. As well as my mouth running away with me when I get passionate on topics. So I often do take on board criticism and even more so how and why views of mine have changed because I do actually listen to people. I am one of the first to admit when wrong.

Calling someone a troll is still a label and over the top labels like Nazi are complete wrong.

Yes I know you get passionate about subjects, nothing wrong with that, and I have said so several times.
However, we can all get passionate but we don't resort to name calling, then apologising...rinse and repeat, people get tired of all that.

I will call someone a troll when they are trolling.
If the same person debates properly I won't call him a troll.
Unfortunately some people label others no matter what they are offering.

Forget the woman with the deformed arse...she has nothing to do with this thread. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:58 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Yes I know you get passionate about subjects, nothing wrong with that, and I have said so several times.
However, we can all get passionate but we don't resort to name calling, then apologising...rinse and repeat, people get tired of all that.

Forget the woman with the deformed arse...she has nothing to do with this thread. Cool

So your reason to label and judge someone is based on nothing more than your own perception.
That does not make it right does it Syl?
You brought up the woman you judge as deformed and clearly still view her this way.
You have called me names also and you did the last time, you never apologized.
Does that make you also the same?
I have seen you call people like Camilla the worst names and judge her and she is not here to defend herself, which is even worse.
Look stay angry if you want to, you yourself will only suffer for doing so by your own actions, as you are not moving on.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:01 pm

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Why has everyone got to have a political view?   It seems to me that a certain faction on here revel in hurling sticks and stones at others who they perceive to be the opposite of their political leaning.   Even the most innocuous threads get politics dragged into it.

All people hurl names at people Horatio including yourself. Well many aspects in life are around political views.
Religions are more so wrong when they are political. Hence talked about why politically wrong.
many things have a political aspect to this. I agree its silly how people are judged because of their political standing and where it should be on that political view. Just ignore the political posts, many threads have multiposts going. It just seems a poor excuse because you do not like something

I'll call someone a twat but not a LW or RW twat. I don't generally bring politics into it.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:02 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I'll call someone a twat but not a LW or RW twat.   I don't generally bring politics into it.  

Each to their own I guess, but its still a label also.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:05 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

So you reason to label on judge someone is based on nothing more than your own perception.
You brought up the woman you judge as deformed and clearly still view her this way.
I have seen you call people like Camilla the worst names and judge her and she is not here to defend herself, which is even worse.
Look stay angry if you want to, you yourself will only suffer for doing so, as you are not moving on.

I'm not angry....I very seldom get angry on a forum, I have an off button and an ignore button if the fun has gone.
Why are you bringing random names into this thread? Women in dressing gowns...woman with implants gone wrong, now Camilla.
People have opinions that differ to yours.....are you going to bring everything up that we have disagreed about in the past?
If so you are in for a long night. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:09 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

So you reason to label on judge someone is based on nothing more than your own perception.
Look stay angry if you want to, you yourself will only suffer for doing so, as you are not moving on.

I'm not angry....I very seldom get  angry on a forum, I have an off button and an ignore button if the fun has gone.
Why are you bringing random names into this thread? Women in dressing gowns...woman with implants gone wrong, now Camilla.
People have opinions that differ to yours.....are you going to bring everything up that we have disagreed about in the past?

The above examples are opinion based judgement and labels.
I am showing you that your earlier claim to eddie about others is hypocritical
It shows you also are placing labels on people.
So I have nothing against you have views, and that I will at times counter your views of which i see as wrong.
That is what a forum is for, but you did try to act holier than thou on labels in your reply to Eddie and as seen you place labels yourself. So i am simple pointing out examples to show you are actually committing a double standard. Like I said everyone is guilty. I just dont deny that I do at times.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:14 pm

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I'll call someone a twat but not a LW or RW twat.   I don't generally bring politics into it.  

A twat deserves a label
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:17 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

A twat deserves a label

Who you perceived to be a twat, somebody else may not.
So do they really deserve it?
I very much doubt it as its based on a negative dislike of someone.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:21 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I don't label people on their political stance but rather on their opinions of stuff.

I have many RW 'freiends' as LW ones on forums.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:22 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

I'm not angry....I very seldom get  angry on a forum, I have an off button and an ignore button if the fun has gone.

So I have nothing against you have views, and that I will at times counter your views of which i see as wrong.
That is what a forum is for, but you did try to act holier than thou on labels in your reply to Eddie and as seen you place labels yourself. So i am simple pointing out examples to show you are actually committing a double standard. Like I said everyone is guilty. I just dont deny that I do at times.

I don't think you have got the point of the thread .

To label someone CONTINUALLY no matter what they say... right wing...left wing....jewish....black....blue eyed.....stupid......whatever....is pointless.

Commenting on something or someone in the news, favourably or unfavourably is completely different.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:25 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

To label someone CONTINUALLY no matter what they say...  right wing...left wing....jewish....black....blue eyed.....stupid......whatever....is pointless.

Commenting on something or someone in the news, favourably or unfavourably  is completely different.

So you agree to constantly label wolf a troll is pointless.
Some people want to be identified as Jewish or Black. Its who they are, though I think its the wrong way to go about things and that racial labels enable racism itself. As it provides the very bedrock for racial differences, when none exist biologically. So I get the point of the thread very well. When you comment on people in the news you and others also often label them. That is not different at all, only that they are not here to defend themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:26 pm

The problem with labels is this: if you call someone something often enough you start to believe it.
A RW person can, for example, have a very LW view on another topic but because they have been labelled RW no one will listen to them with open ears and heart.

There are exceptions to the rule obviously, I'm willing to admit that.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:26 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Syl wrote:

I don't label people on their political stance but rather on their opinions of stuff.

No you don't, not that I have ever seen.
I have a mixed bunch of forum mates, to be honest their political leanings are not that important to me.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:26 pm

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

A twat deserves a label

Nobody colours or influences my opinions of others. Therefore, what others' think of my opinion is irrelevant.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:28 pm

eddie wrote:The problem with labels is this: if you call someone something often enough you start to believe it.
A RW person can, for example, have a very LW view on another topic but because they have been labelled RW no one will listen to them with open ears and heart.

There are exceptions to the rule obviously, I'm willing to admit that.

I have view on both left and right and Ben has often said i am perceived as left, which is wrong. I am more central than anything with some views on the left and right. Now people are defined by who they are. I agree to constantly attack people for their beliefs is wrong. To be critical of beliefs is not an issue and is healthy to talk about issues in a productive way.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:29 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

To label someone CONTINUALLY no matter what they say...  right wing...left wing....jewish....black....blue eyed.....stupid......whatever....is pointless.

Commenting on something or someone in the news, favourably or unfavourably  is completely different.

Some people want to be identified as Jewish or Black. Its who they are, though I think its the wrong way to go about things and that racial labels enable racism itself. As it provides the very bedrock for racial differences, when none exist biologically. So I get the point of the thread very well. When you comment on people in the news you and others also often label them. That is not different at all, only that they are not here to defend themselves.

You constantly call people immature or childish or idiots. You do it all the time. Wolf, for his part, continually slags off myself, Ragga, Syl and others. So, yes, he does troll.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:29 pm

Syl wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

No you don't,  not that I have ever seen.
I have a mixed bunch of forum mates, to be honest their political leanings are not that important to me.

Indeed, and that's the way it should be.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:30 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Nobody colours or influences my opinions of others.   Therefore, what others' think of my opinion is irrelevant.

Then everyone could take the same position and nobody would learn anything.
They would constantly only ever see themselves as always right.
So do you think you are always right?
I do not perceive to believe you are, so you must take on board others opinions.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:31 pm

Syl wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

I couldn't care less what political side they take or what colour their skin or what race or religion they are. I don't see the point. I'll either agree with them or not.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:31 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

You constantly call people immature or childish or idiots.   You do it all the time.   Wolf, for his part, continually slags off myself, Ragga, Syl and others.   So, yes, he does troll.  

Saying someone is acting childish is not the same as calling them a child is it Horatio.
And you continually call him a troll and thus the cycle continues.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:33 pm

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Nobody colours or influences my opinions of others.   Therefore, what others' think of my opinion is irrelevant.

I do not perceive to believe you are, so you must take on board others opinions.

I do take on board others' opinions. That's not my point. My point is that I don't dislike someone just because of some hive mind, or clannish gang mentality. If I like them, I like them. If I don't, I don't. Nobody really influences that.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:33 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Syl wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

I sort of agree.... but I have to say that I don't have many RW freinds and the only two of my best friends who voted Tory are both Irish and Indian, respectively.

I could never, ever be friends with a Racist or a homophobe. That's a no-no for me. I've deleted FB people for some of their dubious posts.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:35 pm

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

You constantly call people immature or childish or idiots.   You do it all the time.   Wolf, for his part, continually slags off myself, Ragga, Syl and others.   So, yes, he does troll.  

Saying someone is acting childish is not the same as calling them a child is it Horatio.

When I say a thing, or call someone a name, I don't then make grovelling apologies afterwards, be civil to them for a while then do it all over again.  I'm pretty consistent.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:36 pm

eddie wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

I sort of agree.... but I have to say that I don't have many RW freinds and the only two of my best friends who voted Tory are both Irish and Indian, respectively.

I could never, ever be friends with a Racist or a homophobe. That's a no-no for me. I've deleted FB people for some of their dubious posts.

Good on you. I have to say I don't know any gay people in RL only on FB.

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:36 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

I will call out the forum troll when he trolls.
If he doesn't troll I won't.....in fact I ignore his trolling 99% of the time.
You seem to bring him up a lot more than I ever have. Rolling Eyes

If someone wants to be identified as Jewish or black that's fine. I think most people would prefer to be
known by the quality of of their posts though than their colour or religion.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:37 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I do take on board others' opinions.  That's not my point.   My point is that I don't dislike someone just because of some hive mind, or clannish gang mentality.   If I like them, I like them.  If I don't, I don't.  Nobody really influences that.

I dont dislike anyone. I may get annoyed sometimes, and have even gotten annoyed with someone i respect recently. But this passes and I move on because even at times I can be wrong and myself act childishly though in this instance i was not. We are all people on a forum who do not really know each other in the real world. So there is no reason to continue to dislike someone. Only the person themselves can continue this themselves. It serves no purpose what so ever.

So by disliking someone you are automatically then discounting there point when it could be very valid, as confirmation bias comes into play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:39 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

When I say a thing, or call someone a name, I don't  then make grovelling apologies afterwards, be civil to them for a while then do it all over again.  I'm pretty consistent.

I dont do grovelling apologies. I know when i am wrong and apologise.
I am not perfect and know I have faults which unlike others seem to struggle to admit to.
I dont claim i wont do so again, because again I can sometimes get carried away. If people want to hold that against me, then that is up to them. I have not seen you apologise to people for calling them names which means you actually mean it. I never really mean what I say when passionate, which is the big difference as my passions take control.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:39 pm

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I do take on board others' opinions.  That's not my point.   My point is that I don't dislike someone just because of some hive mind, or clannish gang mentality.   If I like them, I like them.  If I don't, I don't.  Nobody really influences that.

I dont dislike anyone. I may get annoyed sometimes, and have even gotten annoyed with someone i respect recently. But this passes and I move on because even at times I can be wrong and myself act childishly though in this instance i was not. We are all people on a forum who do not really know each other in the real world. So there is no reason to continue to dislike someone. Only the person themselves can continue this themselves. It serves no purpose what so ever.

So by disliking someone you are automatically then discounting there point when it could be very valid, as confirmation bias comes into play.

how long have you been on forums? And how many? Genuine question.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next