NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey Care Inquiry Report on Child Abuse

3 posters

Go down

Jersey Care Inquiry Report on Child Abuse Empty Jersey Care Inquiry Report on Child Abuse

Post by Guest Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:41 pm

A sentence about a child being beaten with nettles for bedwetting made me feel sick.

One paragraph for me stood out:

It became public knowledge that the Director of Education at the time, Mario Lundy, was suspected of the physical abuse of children. Graham Power said that, at a meeting attended by himself, Bill Ogley and Mario Lundy, Mr Ogley said:
“If anyone wants to get Mario they will have to get me first.”  Graham Power said that the statement was met with applause by some of those present and he took this incident as indicating the closing of ranks by the “in crowd” against the “threat” of Operation Rectangle.  His view was that politicians and those in government were willing to cover up child abuse in order to protect Jersey’s reputation.

http://www.jerseycareinquiry.org/Final%20Report/Exec%20Summary.pdf

Thousands of children horrendously abused over decades   It's not complete because they haven't put the witness statements on it to protect them, although they are on the complete report.

Back to top Go down

Jersey Care Inquiry Report on Child Abuse Empty Re: Jersey Care Inquiry Report on Child Abuse

Post by Syl Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:56 pm

So many cover ups of child abuse.....Yewtree,  Pakistani gangs,  the 'Jersey way'.....how many more?
Saville, Cyril Smith, Ted Heath, all alleged visitors to the Jersey care home.
Hearing some of the victims talk of their experiences is heart breaking.
Others didn't even live to speak out. Sad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Jersey Care Inquiry Report on Child Abuse Empty Re: Jersey Care Inquiry Report on Child Abuse

Post by Guest Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:02 pm

It's everywhere. I try to help a lady on Twitter who runs a support group. Do you know who her biggest troll is? A well known lady solicitor, who calls them all whiners and attention seekers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:10 pm

sassy wrote:It's everywhere.   I try to help a lady on Twitter who runs a support group.   Do you know who her biggest troll is?   A well known lady solicitor, who calls them all whiners and attention seekers.

On the news last night was a lady who must have been in her 70's. She was once in the home. Young, scared and alone, if she wet the bed the staff would fill it with nettles. She had to sleep in that cold bed naked to teach her a lesson.
Many of the people who abused those kids sexually and mentally are still alive.

I wonder how many will face justice.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:21 pm

I doubt anyone will.

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:55 pm

sassy wrote:A sentence about a child being beaten with nettles for bedwetting made me feel sick.

It became public knowledge that the Director of Education at the time, Mario Lundy, was suspected of the physical abuse of children. Graham Power said that, at a meeting attended by himself, Bill Ogley and Mario Lundy, Mr Ogley said:
“If anyone wants to get Mario they will have to get me first.”  Graham Power said that the statement was met with applause by some of those present and he took this incident as indicating the closing of ranks by the “in crowd” against the “threat” of Operation Rectangle.  His view was that politicians and those in government were willing to cover up child abuse in order to protect Jersey’s reputation.

Thousands of children horrendously abused over decades   It's not complete because they haven't put the witness statements on it to protect them, although they are on the complete report.

I hope they pull that defunct children's home down ASAP. There was a discussion about what should be the fate of that horrific place where so many crimes were visited on children. No brainer. It is worse than Bates Motel.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:01 am

Syl wrote:So many cover ups of child abuse.....Yewtree,  Pakistani gangs,  the 'Jersey way'.....how many more?

It's very disturbing. And what's worse is the denial involved. The brushing under the carpet as though it doesn't exist. Let's not forget the Catholic priests who got away with abuse while protected by the Church itself.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:04 am

Jules wrote:
sassy wrote:A sentence about a child being beaten with nettles for bedwetting made me feel sick.

I hope they pull that defunct children's home down ASAP. There was a discussion about what should be the fate of that horrific place where so many crimes were visited on children. No brainer. It is worse than Bates Motel.

In the report, it wasn't just one, it was about SIX!

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:13 am

Grim.  No  The homes hold too many evil secrets that will never see the light of day. Pull the buildings down and get a priest to consecrate the land.
Night pet. x

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:15 am

Night Jules, definitely pull them down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:16 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:So many cover ups of child abuse.....Yewtree,  Pakistani gangs,  the 'Jersey way'.....how many more?

It's very disturbing.   And what's worse is the denial involved.   The brushing under the carpet as though it doesn't exist.    Let's not forget the Catholic priests who got away with abuse while protected by the Church itself.

So much abuse and so many so called trusted and respected people throughout the decades who have known and covered up for the people who did it.
Why ?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:22 am

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

It's very disturbing.   And what's worse is the denial involved.   The brushing under the carpet as though it doesn't exist.    Let's not forget the Catholic priests who got away with abuse while protected by the Church itself.

So much abuse and so many so called trusted and respected people throughout the decades who have known and covered up for the people who did it.
Why ?

Now there's a question I doubt anyone can answer. Power, having something on something to be used to get something, simply being evil, etc etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:31 am

Yes, no doubt all of the above, but it has to go deeper.
For instance, why did nurses and doctors cover up for Saville? according to some of the people he abused, they knew what was happening, yet turned a blind eye.
Why did so many workers in care homes...in Jersey and throughout the UK, ignore the treatment of the vulnerable kids in their care?
It's just not possible that they all had something to lose or something to gain by keeping quiet.
And if they did lose their job by whistle blowing....Surely that's a price worth paying......one would think so anyway.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:36 am

People did complain, but it was the people in charge that were doing it and ignored them. I don't think we will ever understand it and to be honest, I don't think we will ever stop it. Some people just relish having power over weaker souls and making them suffer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:42 am

Some reported the abuse...and we know they were ignored, but many did nothing.

I just think, most of the people I know would have moved hell and earth to be heard if they knew kids were being abused, but then the people I know are the same as everyone else......so maybe none of us really know human nature as well as we believe we do.
We can only vouch for ourselves.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:44 am

Now ain't that the truth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down