NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mormon Mom Fighting for Her Transgender Son, and Other LGBT Kids

Go down

The Mormon Mom Fighting for Her Transgender Son, and Other LGBT Kids Empty The Mormon Mom Fighting for Her Transgender Son, and Other LGBT Kids

Post by Guest Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:13 pm

When Grayson Moore, a young transgender Mormon man, initially came out as gay to his devout mother Neca Allgood six years ago, Allgood immediately told Moore she loved him and then spent the evening researching sexual and gender identity. She quickly realized that he might not be gay at all, but rather transgender.
The next day, Allgood sat down with her 16-year-old son in their northern Utah home to explain to him what it meant to be transgender.

She pointed to his body and said, “Here you’re a girl.” Then she pointed to his head and said, “Who are you here?”

“I have a boy’s soul,” said Grayson, who is also a member of the Mormon Church.

“When he said that, that was just so clear to me that I needed to help him make his life match his soul,” she said. With the help of his mom, Moore has since made a female-to-male transition, and Allgood is now the president of Mama Dragons, a support group for mothers of LGBTQIA children, most of whom have some connection with the Mormon Church.

But at the same time, Allgood has also remained an active member of the Mormon Church, a faith whose doctrine or institutional policies appear to sometimes stand in opposition to her work for acceptance and support of her son and all members of the LGBTQ community.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/the-mormon-mom-fighting-for-her-transgender-son-and-other-lgbt-kids

Back to top Go down