NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jewish Nurse Breastfeeds Palestinian Baby While Mother is Hospitalized

Go down

Jewish Nurse Breastfeeds Palestinian Baby While Mother is Hospitalized Empty Jewish Nurse Breastfeeds Palestinian Baby While Mother is Hospitalized

Post by Guest Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:14 pm

Jewish Nurse Breastfeeds Palestinian Baby While Mother is Hospitalized Ula-Ostrowski-Zak-CEN-Twitter

This Jewish nurse wasn’t about to let religion get in the way of a baby boy’s livelihood.
The baby’s mother was injured in a head-on car collision in Jerusalem on Friday, while the father was killed instantly. The boy, Yaman Abu Ramila, was then taken to the hospital by paramedics for his lighter injuries.

The aunts of the 9-month-old baby went to the Hadassah Ein Kerem Hospital to claim Yaman – but when he cried for several hours, refusing to eat from a bottle, the women were distraught.

Finally, a Jewish nurse named Ula Ostrowski-Zak volunteered to breast feed him herself.
Since Ula has an 18-month-old child of her own, she said that it was like “feeding her own son”, even though the aunts were taken aback by her kind gesture.

“His aunts were surprised that a Jew agreed to breastfeed him, but I told them that every mother would do it,” said Ula, according to YNet News. “His aunts embraced me and thanked me.”
When the question arose concerning who would feed the boy once he was discharged from the hospital, Ula posted on Facebook asking if anyone would agree to help. The post accumulated over 1,000 responses and offers of help. However, another of Yaman’s aunts in the vicinity ended up volunteering to breast feed him.

Until the boy’s mother is fully healed, he will be staying with his grandparents in Hebron.

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/jewish-nurse-breastfeeds-palestinian-baby-mother-hospitalized/

Back to top Go down

Jewish Nurse Breastfeeds Palestinian Baby While Mother is Hospitalized Empty Re: Jewish Nurse Breastfeeds Palestinian Baby While Mother is Hospitalized

Post by Syl Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:19 pm

I love stories like this, they actually bring tears to my eye.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Jewish Nurse Breastfeeds Palestinian Baby While Mother is Hospitalized Empty Re: Jewish Nurse Breastfeeds Palestinian Baby While Mother is Hospitalized

Post by Guest Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:22 pm

Syl wrote:I love stories like this, they actually bring tears to my eye.

Indeed Syl, its how love does conquer hate

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:29 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:I love stories like this, they actually bring tears to my eye.

The milk of human kindness...literally. Smile
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:31 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

The milk of human kindness...literally. Smile

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:35 pm

True though Thor. .

This lovely woman is nurturing a baby without a thought to the differences that other people may kill for.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:36 pm

Syl wrote:True though Thor. .

This lovely woman is nurturing a baby without a thought to the differences that other people may kill for.

I have always said Syl, that if religions had been written by women instead of men. There would be little case for war and violence today.

Stories like this give hope to both sides here.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:40 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:True though Thor. .

I have always said Syl, that if religions had been written by women instead of men. There would be little case for war and violence today.

x

Stories like this are heart warming, and we all need to be uplifted when the news is full of gloom and doom.

Not sure about religious women in general being all peace loving and gentle, I didn't personally go to a school run by nuns, but I know a few people who did, and they had some pretty extreme stories to tell. What a Face
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:42 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

x

Stories like this are heart warming, and we all need to be uplifted when the news is full of gloom and doom.

Not sure about religious women in general being all peace loving and gentle,  I didn't personally go to a school run by nuns, but I know a few people who did, and they had some pretty extreme stories to tell. What a Face

My point is not on religious women per say, but if they had been the writers of the religions we see today. I very much doubt they would be based on fear and violence, that we see in the Monotheist faiths. I expect they would be everything that concentrates on love.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:52 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Not sure about religious women in general being all peace loving and gentle,  I didn't personally go to a school run by nuns, but I know a few people who did, and they had some pretty extreme stories to tell. What a Face

My point is not on religious women per say, but if they had been the writers of the religions we see today. I very much doubt they would be based on fear and violence, that we see in the Monotheist faiths. I expect they would be everything that concentrates on love.

It would have been fascinating to read of their take of what life was like back then...and to be taught by their standards.
The lack of testosterone would have certainly made a big difference to their teachings. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:54 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

It would have been fascinating to read of their take of what life was like back then...and to be taught by their standards.
The lack of testosterone would have certainly made a big difference to their teachings. Laughing

100% agree Syl

Have a good evening, as off out for a while

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:06 pm

Ditto Thor. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down