NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Admins or mods?

+4
Original Quill
veya_victaous
Ben Reilly
Irn Bru
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Admins or mods? Empty Admins or mods?

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:50 pm

Are Veya, Lurker and Irn Bru just mods or are they administrators because it lists them as admins under their usernames?

Back to top Go down

Admins or mods? Empty Re: Admins or mods?

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:55 pm

Because seriously there is absolutely no need for multiple administrators and administrator privileges can be abused very easily.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:58 pm

Queen Of Hearts wrote:Because seriously there is absolutely no need for multiple administrators and administrator privileges can be abused very easily.

I'm just a lowly mod Queenie. I used to be a rocker in my younger days though and no chance you would find me on a Lambretta or a Vespa.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:00 pm

Queen Of Hearts wrote:Are Veya, Lurker and Irn Bru just mods or are they administrators because it lists them as admins under their usernames?

You are right. They are listed as admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:03 pm

NemsAgain wrote:
Queen Of Hearts wrote:Are Veya, Lurker and Irn Bru just mods or are they administrators because it lists them as admins under their usernames?

Many forums list mods as admin now Nems, although it's Ben' site, his staff do the same job to an extent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:05 pm

Joy Division wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

Many forums list mods as admin now Nems, although it's Ben' site, his staff do the same job to an extent.

Do they? Which ones?
do you know the difference?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:07 pm

Joy Division wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

As you say JD, Ben's site. Nobody else's business really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:16 pm

NemsAgain wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Do they? Which ones?

Well yes I do...

Briefly,,admin have full control and upload and download programmes on forums, probably more for paid for forums, as well as upload the software for that programme, most likely again if paid for, the owner also designs and layout if their own forum.

Shit like that, admin own the forum, I know admin own the forum, but many forums as I say , name the mods who moderate behaviour etc as admin now....

So Ben has has given the title to his 'mods' as admin...

Who really gives a fuck Nems?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:17 pm

Sassy wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

As you say JD, Ben's site.   Nobody else's business really.  

That's is sassy Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:19 pm

Joy Division wrote:

I give a fuck because Ben has assigned a user who has a history with the rest of us as a moderator.
If he was actually making him admin then I would not be comfortable with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:21 pm

I think i'm with you here JD - so what, it's up to Ben.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:22 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:I think i'm with you here JD - so what, it's up to Ben.

Didn't you just make a thread about Ben's policy about dealing with abusive posts?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:25 pm

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

I give a fuck because Ben has assigned a user who has a history with the rest of us as a moderator.

..that's up to Ben his forum, his call.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:26 pm

That's it Andy, regardless of who Ben has as admin or mod none of us have to post here if we ain't happy , but we are happy! Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:27 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Queen Of Hearts wrote:

..that's up to Ben his forum, his call.

Completely agree JD, some people can't help throwing their weight around, when it's none of their business tbf.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:28 pm

Queen Of Hearts wrote:

Didn't you just make a thread about Ben's policy about dealing with abusive posts?

Yep.

I disagree with him on that, but agree with JD's take on this (if JD's take is correct).

You see petal, I don't post about a poster, I post about the thread, on a thread-by-thread basis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:34 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Queen Of Hearts wrote:

Yep.

I disagree with him on that, but agree with JD's take on this (if JD's take is correct).

You see petal, I don't post about a poster, I post about the thread, on a thread-by-thread basis.

Your right Andy , just because one or two having a past personal grievance with a Mod is no reason for this outburst...

Especially when that mod has always been respectful in their last postings and non abusive even when they have been insulted or abused by others in the past.

Furthermore, this bewilders me as one or two of these posters have been elsewhere where they have witnessed the severe abuse of others present and non present at the time.

So I think ,  that although it's not up to me but this thread would be best locked as there is nothing constructive emerging from this post.

Last edited by Joy Division on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:37 pm

Joy Division wrote:
So I think ,  that although it's not up to me but this thread would be best locked.

A thread with rabid circle-jerking like this probably should be locked, yeah.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:41 pm

I'm not a mod or a rocker, I'm a mocker.

But seriously, folks ...

I granted admin privileges to Lurker, Caution, Veya and Irn so they could do anything I might need to do while I'm busy or sleeping. Admin is not the top rank the way the site is set up through Forumotion; the top rank is founder, which is mine and keeps anybody from being able to do things over my head. Just for example, I could deactivate an admin's account, while they could not do the same to me.

Admins are members too, and admins abusing power would be dealt with just like members. That said, you all know by now that there are very few restrictions here, and all the admins have been upholding that policy.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:44 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I'm not a mod or a rocker, I'm a mocker.

But seriously, folks ...

I granted admin privileges to Lurker, Caution, Veya and Irn so they could do anything I might need to do while I'm busy or sleeping. Admin is not the top rank the way the site is set up through Forumotion; the top rank is founder, which is mine and keeps anybody from being able to do things over my head. Just for example, I could deactivate an admin's account, while they could not do the same to me.

Admins are members too, and admins abusing power would be dealt with just like members. That said, you all know by now that there are very few restrictions here, and all the admins have been upholding that policy.

Thanks Ben, just as I thought.

Your staff are doing a fine job Smile

So are you obviously!! :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:50 pm

Cheers!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:55 pm

But seriously, folks ...

I granted admin privileges to Lurker, Caution, Veya and Irn so they could do anything I might need to do while I'm busy or sleeping.
Moderators can ban members, lock, delete, sticky and move threads and so on.
I personally can't imagine what matter requiring administrator privileges could come up that couldn't wait for you to be online.
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Admin is not the top rank the way the site is set up through Forumotion; the top rank is founder, which is mine and keeps anybody from being able to do things over my head. Just for example, I could deactivate an admin's account, while they could not do the same to me.

I have administrated forumotion sites before and know what administrators can do and what they have access to and I am not comfortable with Sassy's and Phil's buddy having said privileges.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:09 am

Well, maybe you should hold off complaining until you actually have something to complain about? Just a thought.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:16 am

Queen Of Hearts wrote:

But seriously, folks ...

I granted admin privileges to Lurker, Caution, Veya and Irn so they could do anything I might need to do while I'm busy or sleeping.
I personally can't imagine what matter requiring administrator privileges could come up that couldn't wait for you to be online.
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Admin is not the top rank the way the site is set up through Forumotion; the top rank is founder, which is mine and keeps anybody from being able to do things over my head. Just for example, I could deactivate an admin's account, while they could not do the same to me.

I have administrated forumotion sites before and know what administrators can do and what they have access to and I am not comfortable with Sassy's and Phil's buddy having said privileges.

Your choice to be here. If you don't like it, you don't have to post. Plus, Irn would not, under any conditions, tell me about something he has done as an admin or a mod. As someone who has a top security pass in real life, he is used to keeping information to himself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:49 am

Queen Of Hearts wrote:

But seriously, folks ...

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Queenie, you have never had any issues with me in the past and as far as moderation is concerned I have never moderated any posts, locked any threads, deleted any threads or anything. In fact I didn't even know I had admin rights until this came up because I see myself as just a helper around here to try and look after things while the other guys are off line and I help with new registrations.
What I post are my opinions and my beliefs and buddies or whatever have no part in being privvy to any information that I may have.

In fact, I have had my own details and my own email address drip fed bit by bit by the administrator of another forum owner that you post on where a member other than him has said openly on the forum that he has access to IP addressed of members and he tracks them so if you have concerns about your security I would suggest you worry over there.

Irn
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:56 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Queen Of Hearts wrote:

Queenie, you have never had any issues with me in the past and as far as moderation is concerned I have never moderated any posts, locked any threads, deleted any threads or anything. In fact I didn't even know I had admin rights until this came up because I see myself as just a helper around here to try and look after things while the other guys are off line and I help with new registrations.
What I post are my opinions and my beliefs and buddies or whatever have no part in being privvy to any information that I may have.
I have no issue with you either but I hope you can understand why I might be a bit uncomfortable with this.
Irn Bru wrote:
In fact, I have had my own details and my own email address drip fed bit by bit by the administrator of another forum owner that you post on where a member other than him has said openly on the forum that he has access to IP addressed of members and he tracks them so if you have concerns about your security I would suggest you worry over there.

Irn

Which user said they knew your details?

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:56 am

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

What history have you or anyone else had with me as a moderator?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:59 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Queen Of Hearts wrote:

Again, I have no issue with you personally, I don't dislike you or anything like that.
However I do have issue with Phil who constantly accuses me of being a paedophile and with Sassy who often makes condescending comments directed at me and you're friendly with them. That's where my concern comes from.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:00 am

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Queen Of Hearts wrote:

I have no issue with you either but I hope you can understand why I might be a bit uncomfortable with this.
Irn Bru wrote:

Irn

It wasn't my details. It was a reply I saw by a member who was responding to a post by someone else. Ask Durham, I'm sure he'll remember posting that.

My email details were drip fed on a different blog run by the present owner of the forum you post on.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:04 am

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Queen Of Hearts wrote:

Again, I have no issue with you personally, I don't dislike you or anything like that.
However I do have issue with Phil who constantly accuses me of being a paedophile and with Sassy who often makes condescending comments directed at me and you're friendly with them. That's where my concern comes from.

So no-one has had an issue with me in the past as a moderator. then? And I'm friendly with many people and I'm never personally abusive to anyone whatever their views are.

So what do you want either myself or Ben to do next about this?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:11 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Queen Of Hearts wrote:

It wasn't my details. It was a reply I saw by a member who was responding to a post by someone else. Ask Durham, I'm sure he'll remember posting that.

My email details were drip fed on a different blog run by the present owner of the forum you post on.

I can look into it but can you link to the post in question?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:12 am

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

Are you male or female?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:13 am

Catman wrote:
Queen Of Hearts wrote:

Are you male or female?

I thought you blocked me you little pussy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:16 am

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Queen Of Hearts wrote:

I can look into it but can you link to the post in question?

It was a few months back and I would think it's gone by now. Ask Durham and Flap about it?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:17 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Queen Of Hearts wrote:

So no-one has had an issue with me in the past as a moderator. then? And I'm friendly with many people and I'm never personally abusive to anyone whatever their views are.

So what do you want either myself or Ben to do next about this?

If you're not going to abuse access to information then there's not going to be a problem. If my claims that you might offended you then I'm sorry but I just wanted to voice my concerns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:20 am

Any way, It's late and I'm off but let Ben or myself know what you think should be done next about this and I'll read it tomorrow.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:23 am

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Catman wrote:

Are you male or female?

Just answer the question.

You said that you was a 20 year old male, not that long ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:24 am

Catman wrote:
Queen Of Hearts wrote:

It's hilarious.
You talk shit then block someone when they give it back and then unblock them within the hour.
How desperate is your need to fling shit? Does your life revolve around it or something?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:26 am

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Catman wrote:

It's hilarious.
You talk shit then block someone when they give it back and then unblock them within the hour.
How desperate is your need to fling shit? Does your life revolve around it or something?

Just asking a simple question.

Sorry that you got upset about it!

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:27 am

Catman wrote:
Queen Of Hearts wrote:

It's hilarious.

lol

Yeah sure.
Now run back over to bitchfest to cry about how mean I am to you because you're too much of a pussy shit to do it here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:28 am

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Catman wrote:

lol

Yeah sure.
Now run back over to bitchfest to cry about how mean I am to you because you're too much of a pussy shit to do it here.

Male then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:32 am

Catman wrote:
Queen Of Hearts wrote:

Yeah sure.

Male then?

You blocked me in a tantrum, remember?
You shouldn't be talking to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:34 am

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Catman wrote:

Male then?

You blocked me in a tantrum, remember?
You shouldn't be talking to me.

....Not going to answer the question then.

Fair enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:18 am

Joy Division wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

Do they? Which ones?

Well yes I do...

Briefly,,admin have full control and upload and download programmes on forums, probably more for paid for forums, as well as upload the software for that programme, most likely again if paid for, the owner also designs and layout if their own forum.

Shit like that, admin own the forum, I know admin own the forum, but many forums as I say , name the mods who moderate behaviour etc as admin now....

Me, because I want to know who has my personal info and whether it is secure or being shared.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:48 am

@nems
I cant see any details unless you put them in your profile... and you haven't  Surprised  Surprised  Surprised
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:41 am

NemsAgain wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Well yes I do...

Me, because I want to know who has my personal info and whether it is secure or being shared.

The most likely bit of personal information people put on these forums are their names in the email address they use to join up.

Even if you don't use "traceybeaker@gmail.com" some email clients will show your name even if you used "nemsagain@gmail.com" - you may have used a real name when you created that email, and then that real name may show up.

You need to use fake everything if you want to stay hidden.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:40 am

Nup cant even see her email  Crying or Very sad

We are just mods but it says admin on the side, Maybe Ben can see more details Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  but some one has got to
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:01 am

NemsAgain wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Well yes I do...

who are you worried that has theses details nems ?
or more accurately your email address as thats about all the personal details available

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:50 pm

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

I kinda agree, Queenie.  Irn is one of the nicest guys around, but he is 'first mate' to one of the most dangerous posters here.  That poster is known for her stalking (which she has admitted/shown to me personally), and tantrums, etc.  The issue is, what did Irn learn in confidence, and then convey to her in casual conversation?  We know she squirrels such things away, and it inevitably comes back in one of her tantrums.

I don't want to argue the underlying matter right here.  But I do want to lay down enough to show that my concern is genuine and well-founded.

So, as long as y'all were discussing it anyway...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:58 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Queen Of Hearts wrote:

I kinda agree, Queenie.  Irn is one of the nicest guys around, but he is 'first mate' to one of the most dangerous posters here.  That poster is known for her stalking (which she has admitted/shown to me personally), and tantrums, etc.  The issue is, what did Irn learn in confidence, and then convey to her in casual conversation?  We know she squirrels such things away, and it inevitably comes back in one of her tantrums.

I don't want to argue the underlying matter right here.  But I do want to lay down enough to show that my concern is genuine and well-founded.

So, as long as y'all were discussing it anyway...
first mate' to one of the most dangerous posters here ? and who would that be ?

edit
never mind
same old same old

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next