NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amanda Knox found guilty in her absence

4 posters

Go down

Amanda Knox found guilty in her absence Empty Amanda Knox found guilty in her absence

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:03 pm

Given 28 years, just been on the news.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/30/world/europe/italy-amanda-knox-retrial/

Back to top Go down

Amanda Knox found guilty in her absence Empty Re: Amanda Knox found guilty in her absence

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:13 am

Sassy wrote:Given 28 years, just been on the news.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/30/world/europe/italy-amanda-knox-retrial/

This is going to cause a hell of a lot of problems as no doubt the Italian authorities will want to start extradition procedures.

The legal eagles will make a mint and it will take years to resolve it all.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Amanda Knox found guilty in her absence Empty Re: Amanda Knox found guilty in her absence

Post by Cass Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:07 am

Actually she had her day in court, twice. If she chose not to return it does not make the case laughable - she was tried in absentia and convicted just like oh Martin Borman an was at Nuremburg.

As for double jeopardy doesn't matter whether or not she is a US citizen - the crime happened in Italy as as such she is subject to Italian law. US law does not apply.

If the Italian Supreme court upholds the conviction then extradition proceedings will start. If the US wants cooperation from other countries in their own extradition requests they should comply....you cant demand without giving in return.

Actually there is evidence ....that is why there have been 3 trials.

I don't see how all Italian police are corrupt...that would explain why a lot of them end up murdered by the organized crime gangs as well as prosecutors and other lawyers and judges I guess.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:10 am

I believe that she did it, her body language and choice of words in her most recent interview are tell tale signs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:43 pm

Cass wrote:Actually she had her day in court,  twice. If she chose not to return it does not make the case laughable - she was tried in absentia and convicted just like oh Martin Borman an was at Nuremburg.

As for double jeopardy doesn't matter whether or not she is a US citizen - the crime happened in Italy as as such she is subject to Italian law. US law does not apply.

If the Italian Supreme court upholds the conviction then extradition proceedings will start. If the US wants cooperation from other countries in their own extradition requests they should comply....you cant demand without giving in return.

Actually there is evidence ....that is why there have been 3 trials.

I don't see how all Italian police are corrupt...that would explain why a lot of them end up murdered by the organized crime gangs as well as prosecutors and other lawyers and judges I guess.

Whats your feeling Cass? I cant decide if she is guilty or not.
I think my opinion may be swayed by the fact that she comes across to me as an objectionable little bitch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:25 pm

^nems....I sort of feel the same way you do BUT they wouldn't have gone to all this trouble just because she had a reputation as a party slut....

Do I think she put the knife into Meredith? Probably not
Do I think she was there, planned something stupid that got out of hand and was there when Meredith died? Yes
DO I think that Meredith had no idea that this was going to happen and had no part in it apart from being in the wrong place at the wrong time? Yes
Do I think she knows the truth? Yes but wants to save her ass and continues to play the poor little me card.

Interesting that the ex-boyfriend was found on the border when the verdict was announced....."planning a trip" he was with his girlfriend .....yeah ok then.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:47 pm

Cass wrote:^nems....I sort of feel the same way you do BUT they wouldn't have gone to all this trouble just because she had a reputation as a party slut....

Do I think she was there, planned something stupid that got out of hand and was there when Meredith died? Yes
DO I think that Meredith had no idea that this was going to happen and had no part in it apart from being in the wrong place at the wrong time? Yes
Do I think she knows the truth? Yes but wants to save her ass and continues to play the poor little me card.

Interesting that the ex-boyfriend was found on the border when the verdict was announced....."planning a trip" he was with his girlfriend .....yeah ok then.

I agree with you. She was definitely their and knows a lot more. I think she couldnt say without implicating herself.

The boyfriend was definitely doing a runner.

Terrible for Meredith's family going through this again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:12 pm

There are at least 2 people who do know the truth - Knox and the guy already locked up.

If either were decent human beings they would have confessed their own part and detailed the whole truth to give some sort of closure to Merediths family.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:52 pm

Cass wrote:^nems....I sort of feel the same way you do BUT they wouldn't have gone to all this trouble just because she had a reputation as a party slut....

That's how I feel too Cass
Hallo btw! xxx
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:57 pm

She couldn't mention the word murder, death or the actual place.....she is in denial.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:37 pm

Warren Moon wrote:She couldn't mention the word murder, death or the actual place.....she is in denial.

Not denial - more like saving her ass and trying to focus less on what happened to Meredith than what she is going through.....deflection is the word.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:19 am

Her behaviour is certainly not what you would expect from an innocent - or even an accidentally involved.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:58 pm

sphinx wrote:Her behaviour is certainly not what you would expect from an innocent - or even an accidentally involved.

Didn't we have a member of her family on ADO?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:43 pm

eddie wrote:
sphinx wrote:Her behaviour is certainly not what you would expect from an innocent - or even an accidentally involved.

Didn't we have a member of her family on ADO?

God knows - I have met so many people on forums claiming to be relatives of famous people or people that are in the news at that point that I pay no attention.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down