NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parents sue San Diego school district over Islamophobia bullying policy

Go down

Parents sue San Diego school district over Islamophobia bullying policy Empty Parents sue San Diego school district over Islamophobia bullying policy

Post by Guest Sun May 28, 2017 10:24 am

A legal group and six parents have filed a lawsuit that challenges the constitutionality of a San Diego Unified School District plan to protect Muslim students from bullying.

“It’s our position that the antibullying policies should protect all students regardless of ethnicity and affiliation, and they shouldn’t be singling out any religious group for special treatment, as they seem to be doing here,” said Charles LiMandri, president and chief council for the Freedom of Conscience Defense Fund, which filed the lawsuit in federal court Tuesday on behalf of the parents.

In April, trustees in the district voted to create a policy that would protect Muslim students from bullying by, among other steps, increasing lessons about Islam. Students already learn about Islam and other religions as part of a social studies curriculum set by the state, but additional lessons could be added to create a better understanding of the religion, district staff members said.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-sd-islamophobia-20170525-story.html

What I find really interesting here, is that the view to teach something would somehow diminish bullying. Well what you then have to ask is what they teach in regards to Islam. Is it the fluffy highly censured version, that has omitted all the hate and violence from the works? That would be highly unprofessional  and not teaching a fair balanced stance on Islam. I mean does this course cover Islamic teachings on homosexuality? Discrimination against women?

As stated, you teach against all bullying and incorporate all groups that suffer discrimination and bullying. That people respect the right of people to have beliefs and respect who they are, whether male, female, black, white, Asian, homosexual, heterosexual etc. As long as those beliefs do not effect the well being and equality of others, when they are forced onto people. I mean Jews suffer far more hate crimes than all the other religious groups combined in the US. So why only Muslims that suffer bullying?

All this poorly does is render a victim status to Muslims only, as if other victims of bullying and hate do not matter. This is not equality, but segregation, separation and fails to unite people. Why should one group of victims who have been bullied be more important than other victims?

Back to top Go down