NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Scum 'newspaper'. A depraved, tawdry rag.

+5
Raggamuffin
Fred Moletrousers
HoratioTarr
nicko
Andy
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Scum 'newspaper'. A depraved, tawdry rag. - Page 2 Empty The Scum 'newspaper'. A depraved, tawdry rag.

Post by Andy Thu May 25, 2017 1:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Printed this vile front page deliberately to smear Corbyn. The editor knew there would be a backlash, but presumably  thought some of the smear would stick.

They left this foul leader in print for as long ad they dared.

It seems it may be boycotted in Manchester as well as Liverpool from now on.

https://www.change.org/p/andy-burnham-ban-boycott-the-sun-newspaper-in-manchester?recruiter=59734181&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=mob-xs-share_petition-no_msg
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

The Scum 'newspaper'. A depraved, tawdry rag. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Scum 'newspaper'. A depraved, tawdry rag.

Post by The Devil, You Know Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:30 pm

Jules wrote:
Angry Andy wrote:Printed this vile front page deliberately to smear Corbyn. The editor knew there would be a backlash, but presumably  thought some of the smear would stick.

https://www.change.org/p/andy-burnham-ban-boycott-the-sun-newspaper-in-manchester?recruiter=59734181&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=mob-xs-share_petition-no_msg

The Sun has been upsetting entire cities yet again? At this rate they will soon run out of customers. The first mistake is calling it a 'newspaper'. It's not.  

It's just a cheap populist rag with lewd bits thrown in for the benefit of its target audience. It's a comic, little better than viz.
it's certainly not to my taste but it still outsells the leftwing press by a large factor
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The Scum 'newspaper'. A depraved, tawdry rag. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Scum 'newspaper'. A depraved, tawdry rag.

Post by The Devil, You Know Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:33 pm

sassy wrote:
nicko wrote:I read the SUN and the MAIL.   Am I a bad person?

No, just one dying to be manipulated and lied to.
why did you delete my account when you stole seren's forum? More importantly why did you delete seren's account when you stole her site. Are you really saying you do not have the skills to start a site from scratch?

The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:34 pm

Jules wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

I think not. It has an average daily circulation of 1,755,000 - precisely because it is a "cheap populist rag with lewd bits thrown in...."

A large number. But I hope you rate quality over quantity, young man. *wags finger*

The Sun famously alienated scousers for a whole generation. Not a mistake it would wish to repeat.
and yet it outsells the leftwing press by a big factor.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:36 pm

Jules wrote:
Thorin wrote:

He does rate quality Jules, but he also recognizes what sells, being has been a journalist and happens to be one of the most knowledgeable people I have come to know. Even when we are at odds. I would happily admit I could stand to learn far more from him. What he does better than most is not allow confirmation bias to effect him, as it does with most of us. 

How did the sun alienate scousers?

It never could have done so, football fans know what a proportion of scouse fans are like and they are the lowest of the low. Most Liverpool or Everton fans are not, but a proportion bring the rest down. I have seen fans have their clothes stolen by scousers. Seen them have food in a restaurant and do runners without paying. How they come begging off everyone. Now most Liverpool fans are not like this, but do you think the sun is not stupid over how people know and hate Liverpool fans for this?

Nobody deserved to die that day at Hilsborough and many were to blame, including the Police and the stewards, but some have gotten away without blame. Those who got in without tickets and any genuine football fan knows this happened, because we have all seen  this happen time and time again with scouse fans.

Thorin, don't shoot the messenger.
Instead of asking me to explain this (I may not explain it very well) , why don't you google it yourself and get the story directly from the horse's mouth?

The city of Liverpool has boycotted the sun for 23 years (dunno what %) and the sun itself described it as the worst mistake it ever made.

Here's one account, and no need to thank me >
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-17113382  
''Liverpool's 23-year boycott of The Sun newspaper''
''It was described by The Sun newspaper as the most terrible mistake in its history. ''
'' The Sun will never recover in this city.''
''The apology in 2004 was too little too late, "
''Never forgive!''
yes we do understand that scousers do enjoy chips on both shoulders and can hold a grudge with the best of them .
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:41 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Printed this vile front page deliberately to smear Corbyn. The editor knew there would be a backlash, but presumably  thought some of the smear would stick.

Because, today, I feel like being a bit grumpy and picky having celebrated my birthday dinner rather too enthusiastically last night, may I point out that the the main front page story of a newspaper is not the "leader" but the "lead."

The "leader" is the content of a paper's opinion or comment column.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:02 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Because, today, I feel like being a bit grumpy and picky having celebrated my birthday dinner rather too enthusiastically last night, may I point out that the the main front page story of a newspaper is not the "leader" but the "lead."

Happy belated birthday Mr Mole....hope you are not suffering TOO much. x Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:03 pm

MY Daughters friend is a Liverpudleon ? He says the Sun sells there no problem !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:23 pm

Syl wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Happy belated birthday Mr Mole....hope you are not suffering TOO much. x Razz

Thank you, Syl. The headache and liverish feeling were well worth it. After a splendid lunch at the local pub hosted by my high flyer of a daughter, I was entertained right royally by t'other lady in my life who kicked me out of my own kitchen while she prepared and hosted an equally splendid dinner, and then supervised the polishing off off rather a lot of Merlot plus, in my case if she is to be believed, several bottles of Olde Gruntfuttock's XXXX.

Apparently I was eventually banished to my own room for the night for farting a lot and loudly singing a filthy song about a goblin.....
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2