NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Labour support surges in Wales with 16-point shift towards Jeremy Corbyn's party

+3
The Devil, You Know
'Wolfie
Andy
7 posters

Go down

Labour support surges in Wales with 16-point shift towards Jeremy Corbyn's party Empty Labour support surges in Wales with 16-point shift towards Jeremy Corbyn's party

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 7:16 pm

The party has overtaken the Tories in Wales and has a 10-point lead

Support for Labour has surged in Wales, with a massive 16-point shift in support towards Jeremy Corbyn's party, the latest poll shows.

A poll by YouGov just two weeks ago showed Welsh Labour trailing Theresa May's party, but a stunning reversal now puts Labour 10 points ahead.

The YouGov Welsh political barometer has Labour on 44 per cent, up 9 percentage points on two weeks ago, and the Tories on 34 per cent, down 7 percentage points.

The shift comes after the launch of Labour's manifesto, which included popular policies such as nationalising the railways, energy grid and water companies, as well as rent controls and taxes on the richest 5 per cent of earners.

The Conservatives have also had a nightmare week after a poor reception to their planned “dementia tax” care policy.

The party has moved up in the national UK-wide polls in recent weeks but still trails the Conservatives by around 10 points, depending on the poll in question.

The dramatic turnaround in Wales will give Labour hope they can achieve a similar transformation in UK-wide polls.

The regular Welsh poll was jointly commissioned by ITV Cymru Wales and Cardiff University’s Wales Governance Centre.

The poll would see Labour hold all its seats in Wales and take one off the Conservatives, Gower, the most marginal seat in the country.

It has top-line voting intention figures of LAB: 44% (+9) CON: 34% (-7) PC: 9% (-2) LDEM: 6% (-1) UKIP: 5% (+1).

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-poll-wales-general-election-2017-16-point-shift-swing-a7749786.html

Laughing

Last edited by sassy on Mon May 22, 2017 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Labour support surges in Wales with 16-point shift towards Jeremy Corbyn's party Empty Re: Labour support surges in Wales with 16-point shift towards Jeremy Corbyn's party

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 7:18 pm

The weekly ICM poll for the Guardian has topline figures of CON 47%(-1), LAB 33%(+5), LDEM 9%(-1), UKIP 4%(-2), GRN 2%(-1).

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Labour support surges in Wales with 16-point shift towards Jeremy Corbyn's party Empty Re: Labour support surges in Wales with 16-point shift towards Jeremy Corbyn's party

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 7:25 pm

Lead narrowed by 6 points in one week, and 1 million kids registered to vote yesterday, and they know most youngsters support Corbyn. All over the country people have been phoning in local radio chat shows to say they were going to vote Conservative, but they have switched.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 7:27 pm

sassy wrote:Lead narrowed by 6 points in one week, and 1 million kids registered to vote yesterday, and they know most youngsters support Corbyn.   All over the country people have been phoning in local radio chat shows to say they were going to vote Conservative, but they have switched.  

And in a week the Tories will extend their lead again

You need to understand you live in a bubble and I am not even going to vote for the Tories

Labour are going to get annihilated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon May 22, 2017 8:03 pm

Corbyn spoke to a crowd of 60,000 in Manchester yesterday before a concert.
He got a rapturous cheer and a 5 minute ovation.

May sat in her office with Lynton Crosby trying to worm her way out of her monumental fuck up.
.Regardless of the crap and fake news put up here by Thorin and his clique, the Labour vote IS gathering momentum.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 8:10 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Corbyn spoke to a crowd of 60,000 in Manchester yesterday before a concert.

May sat in her office with Lynton Crosby trying to worm her way out of her monumental fuck up.
.Regardless of the crap and fake news put up here by Thorin and his clique, the Labour vote IS gathering momentum.

What fake news?

Now I am know you are still having a tantrum, for being pulled up for your hateful views, but that is your own fault.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon May 22, 2017 8:15 pm

Fake 30 year old news about a young Corbyn and his relationship with the IRA, when he was trying to broker peace.
A bit like the fake 60 year old news about Ed Miliband's father being declared a traitor by the rw.
Frankly , she needs a new script and manifesto writer.

THE LADY IS FOR U TURNING.

Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 8:17 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Fake 30 year old news about a young Corbyn and his relationship with the IRA, when he was trying to broker peace.
A bit like the fake 60 year old news about Ed Miliband's father being declared a traitor by the rw.

How is it fake, when he still refuses to condemn the IRA only yesterday?

You keep making the worst possible excuses for a terrorist supporter

So 30 year old news is made present by the fact he still refuses to condemn them

Most here condemned how the Miliband's were attacked with their father, unlike how you and sassy cheered when Maggie died

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon May 22, 2017 8:21 pm

I wasnt here when Thatcher died 8th April 2013. I registered  8 months later.
Care to redact your lie?

On second thoughts, dont bother, people will just see it as yet another bit of fake nws and another lie from you.

Last edited by Angry Andy on Mon May 22, 2017 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 8:21 pm

Angry Andy wrote:I wasnt here when Thatcher died in April 2013. I registered  8 months later.
Care to redact your lie?

Where did I claim here?

You did elsewhere.

So no retraction, as are you denying that you did celebrate?

Take your time

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon May 22, 2017 8:24 pm

Prove your claim. 

You made it. Not me.
You made the accusation. You need to back up your claim.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 8:26 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Prove your claim. 

You made it. Not me.
You made the accusation. You need to back up your claim.

Well that is easy to do.
Have you not wished may to suffer through long term illness?
All can see that you did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon May 22, 2017 8:33 pm

Show me evidence that I cheered when Thatcher died.

Good luck with that. 
I was on Vanuatu when that happened.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 8:36 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Show me evidence that I cheered when Thatcher died.

Good luck with that. 
I was on Vanuatu when that happened.

I have no need to, as you called for harm to come to the present PM

That is enough corroborating evidence to where I know for a fact you did cheer before and you have not the decency to admit you did.

Its what others believe that matters Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon May 22, 2017 8:48 pm

I thinka lot of others think you aren't  right. Lots of posters on other forums are ridiculing you. You have become a laughing stock.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 8:52 pm

Angry Andy wrote:I thinka lot of others think you aren't  right. Lots of posters on other forums are ridiculing you. You have become a laughing stock.

Good for them Andy

What does it say that they cannot even face me, that they do slag me off elsewhere.

Its one thing I give you credit for, you don't shy away from people

Happy for them, to think what they like mate

What is important is you stop being so hateful

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue May 23, 2017 3:25 pm

Arrow

A couple of weeks ago, it looked like your Tories should be cruising home...

However, every time Therese May opens her mouth, or your guvm'nt announces new policy, their standing goes backwards, making it look more and more likely they well be returned with a much smaller majority..

Over recent months, the likes of Thorin and DYKbrain have been claiming/predicting that British Labour will be "annihilated" and "wiped out" in next month's election --  yet polling over the past week suggests that Labour and the Greens may actually be gaining back some support.  No doubt thanks largely to that ridiculous and self-destructive 'manifesto' they released last week.. Basketball
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 23, 2017 3:29 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote: Arrow

However, every time Therese May opens her mouth, or your guvm'nt announces new policy, their standing goes backwards, making it look more and more likely they well be returned with a much smaller majority..

Over recent months, the likes of Thorin and DYKbrain have been claiming/predicting that British Labour will be "annihilated" and "wiped out" in next month's election --  yet polling over the past week suggests that Labour and the Greens may actually be gaining back some support.  No doubt thanks largely to that ridiculous and self-destructive 'manifesto' they released last week..       Basketball

Labour support surges in Wales with 16-point shift towards Jeremy Corbyn's party 3489511464

Did you not see the results of the recent local elections.

Why are some of you lefties living in cloud cuckoo land?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue May 23, 2017 4:02 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Corbyn spoke to a crowd of 60,000 in Manchester yesterday before a concert.

we shall see in 2 weeks who is right. would you bet the farm on a corbyn win?

I suppose labour will claim a great victory if they have more than 170 seats
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue May 23, 2017 4:04 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Fake 30 year old news about a young Corbyn and his relationship with the IRA, when he was trying to broker peace.

an IRA member said today that corbyns and other labour mp's support prolonged the war

“By boosting our morale, they prolonged the violence.” Ex-IRA man Sean O'Callaghan writes on Corbyn and McDonnell;

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2017/corbyn-and-mcdonnell-have-blood-on-their-hands-for-ira-support-claims-exterrorist-35744491.html
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue May 23, 2017 4:06 pm

Angry Andy wrote:I wasnt here when Thatcher died 8th April 2013. I registered  8 months later.
Care to redact your lie?

On second thoughts, dont bother, people will just see it as yet another bit of fake nws and another lie from you.
however you were on looselips and other sites
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue May 23, 2017 4:21 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote: Arrow

Over recent months, the likes of Thorin and DYKbrain have been claiming/predicting that British Labour will be "annihilated" and "wiped out" in next month's election --  yet polling over the past week suggests that Labour and the Greens may actually be gaining back some support.  No doubt thanks largely to that ridiculous and self-destructive 'manifesto' they released last week..       Basketball
the tories are sill ahead in double digits. Labour are going to lose, the question is by how much.
A single poll is meaningless.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 23, 2017 6:14 pm

Angry Andy wrote:I thinka lot of others think you aren't  right. Lots of posters on other forums are ridiculing you.You have become a laughing stock.

You mean about three people on sassy's forum? Rolling Eyes Oooooooh!

Who actually cares? I'm sure didge doesn't and he has a point; if they can't join here and laugh at him whilst challenging his views....well, it's all a bit of a time-waster for them, isn't it?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue May 23, 2017 7:12 pm

sassy wrote:The party has overtaken the Tories in Wales and has a 10-point lead

Support for Labour has surged in Wales, with a massive 16-point shift in support towards Jeremy Corbyn's party, the latest poll shows.

A poll by YouGov just two weeks ago showed Welsh Labour trailing Theresa May's party, but a stunning reversal now puts Labour 10 points ahead.

The YouGov Welsh political barometer has Labour on 44 per cent, up 9 percentage points on two weeks ago, and the Tories on 34 per cent, down 7 percentage points.

The shift comes after the launch of Labour's manifesto, which included popular policies such as nationalising the railways, energy grid and water companies, as well as rent controls and taxes on the richest 5 per cent of earners.

The Conservatives have also had a nightmare week after a poor reception to their planned “dementia tax” care policy.

The party has moved up in the national UK-wide polls in recent weeks but still trails the Conservatives by around 10 points, depending on the poll in question.

The dramatic turnaround in Wales will give Labour hope they can achieve a similar transformation in UK-wide polls.

The regular Welsh poll was jointly commissioned by ITV Cymru Wales and Cardiff University’s Wales Governance Centre.

The poll would see Labour hold all its seats in Wales and take one off the Conservatives, Gower, the most marginal seat in the country.

It has top-line voting intention figures of LAB: 44% (+9) CON: 34% (-7) PC: 9% (-2) LDEM: 6% (-1) UKIP: 5% (+1).

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-poll-wales-general-election-2017-16-point-shift-swing-a7749786.html

Laughing

In the interests of accuracy, for those forum members who may be unaware of UK law regarding local authority-provided care for the elderly, could you please explain the term "dementia tax"?

So far as I can ascertain (and as head of a family dealing with one case of dementia and being of an age where there is a very real, though hopefully remote, possibility that I, myself, might succumb to this dreadful condition) the Conservative Party manifesto proposal would allow the person requiring the provision of professional care with such things as feeding, washing, dressing and taking medications correctly, to keep more than four times the current amount of lifetime savings permitted under current regulations, and would defer the need to sell his or her home to fund continued care until after death, upon which eventuality it would become the responsibility of the estate executors to settle.

Currently, once lifetime savings of an afflicted person sink to around £23,000 - after being diminished by statutory payments to the local authority responsible for the provision of professional care - the authority can insist on the immediate sale of his or her home to continue the funding.

Additionally, the proposal is nothing whatsoever to do with dementia, as it would include the requirement of professional care for any qualifying debilitating disease, condition or injury such as broken hips.

Indeed, the term "dementia tax" is nothing more than a cynical attempt by Labour and Lib Dem spin doctors to exploit a devastating condition for purely party political advantage. As such it is an insult and a slur on those who require professional local authority-provided care, yet who do not suffer the tragic condition of clinical dementia.

Nor is it, by any stretch of the imagination, a "tax."

Perhaps we might be permitted to know just how a future Labour government or Labour/Liberal Democrat coalition would deal with the problem of care for the elderly, which is arguably one of the most important matters facing us today.

Other, of course, than by the rather silly mantra of "taxing the rich."
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue May 23, 2017 8:42 pm

seems to be Labours answer to all our problems, tax the rich they shout, ignoring the fact that taxing the rich "till the pips squeak", [who said that]? will end up with the rich going somewhere else and taking their money with them !!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 23, 2017 9:01 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
sassy wrote:The party has overtaken the Tories in Wales and has a 10-point lead

Laughing

In the interests of accuracy, for those forum members who may be unaware of UK law regarding local authority-provided care for the elderly, could you please explain the term "dementia tax"?

So far as I can ascertain (and as head of a family dealing with one case of dementia and being of an age where there is a very real, though hopefully remote, possibility that I, myself, might succumb to this dreadful condition) the Conservative Party  manifesto proposal would allow the person requiring the provision of professional care with such things as feeding, washing, dressing and taking medications correctly, to keep more than four times the current amount of lifetime savings permitted under current regulations, and would defer the need to sell his or her home to fund continued care until after death, upon which eventuality it would become the responsibility of the estate executors to settle.

Currently, once lifetime savings of an afflicted person sink to around £23,000 - after being diminished by statutory payments to the local authority responsible for the provision of professional care - the authority can insist on the immediate sale of his or her home to continue the funding.

Additionally, the proposal is nothing whatsoever to do with dementia, as it would include the requirement of professional care for any qualifying debilitating disease, condition or injury such as broken hips.

Indeed, the term "dementia tax" is nothing more than a cynical attempt by Labour and Lib Dem spin doctors to exploit a devastating condition for purely party political advantage. As such it is an insult and a slur on those who require professional local authority-provided care, yet who do not suffer the tragic condition of clinical dementia.

Perhaps we might be permitted to know just how a future Labour government or Labour/Liberal Democrat coalition would deal with the problem of care for the elderly, which is arguably one of the most important matters facing us today.

Jeez, you really need to read both party manifestos. Of course, the Conservative one is completely uncosted as May was forced into saying in the car crash interview she gave with Andrew Neil. Even Neil was imbarrassed.

Don't take my world for it, have a look at what the Conservative Think Tank, the Bow Group thought of it:

Labour support surges in Wales with 16-point shift towards Jeremy Corbyn's party DAMIdTiUAAIheAs

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue May 23, 2017 10:04 pm

You are flogging a dead horse Sassy. There are too many conservative die hards here who are totally myopic. This place has turned into Flop mark 2, without the racism.
At least the admin got shot of Stormee, and Tommy seldon appears now.
Little wonder there are so few leftys pisting here.
The right cannot tolerate debate and opposition.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 23, 2017 10:27 pm

Angry Andy wrote:You are flogging a dead horse Sassy. There are too many conservative die hards here who are totally myopic. This place has turned into Flop mark 2, without the racism.

I've asked questions about the "dementia tax" and been ignored - presumably because you and Sassy are too busy posting random stuff in order to slag off the Tories, so you don't have time to actually reply to posts. Fred made a very reasonable post, so it's you who can't tolerate debate - in fact, you make no attempt at debate most of the time.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 23, 2017 10:43 pm

Angry Andy wrote:You are flogging a dead horse Sassy. There are too many conservative die hards here who are totally myopic. This place has turned into Flop mark 2, without the racism.

This forum, that forum, flap forum....blah blah.

Your horse is so flogged it's dead like your posts. Find a wild horse, look after it, nurture it, feed it well, make it into something you're proud of and come back and show us.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 23, 2017 10:50 pm

Really?

So the following are not not left wing to you?

Nems, who has stated clearly she is voting Labour
Veya
Ben
Quill
Eilzel
Lurker
Caution
Jules
Wolf
Syl
I would say Eddie is more left leaning
Yourself
Sassy

Which shows the left outnumber the right

Like I say, some of the left live in cloud cuckoo land

Unless what you are saying is that those left wing are not extreme enough for you?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 23, 2017 11:22 pm

I only vote liberals or green.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed May 24, 2017 12:16 am

sassy wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

So far as I can ascertain (and as head of a family dealing with one case of dementia and being of an age where there is a very real, though hopefully remote, possibility that I, myself, might succumb to this dreadful condition) the Conservative Party  manifesto proposal would allow the person requiring the provision of professional care with such things as feeding, washing, dressing and taking medications correctly, to keep more than four times the current amount of lifetime savings permitted under current regulations, and would defer the need to sell his or her home to fund continued care until after death, upon which eventuality it would become the responsibility of the estate executors to settle.

Jeez, you really need to read both party manifestos.   Of course, the Conservative one is completely uncosted as May was forced into saying in the car crash interview she gave with Andrew Neil.   Even Neil was imbarrassed.

Don't take my world for it, have a look at what the Conservative Think Tank, the Bow Group thought of it:

Labour support surges in Wales with 16-point shift towards Jeremy Corbyn's party DAMIdTiUAAIheAs

I'm not interested in what the Bow Group says; I am interested in your explanation of your use in this forum of the intentionally perjorative and patronising term "dementia tax", and your assessment of how a Labour government would fund the ever-increasing cost of care of the elderly.

Apart from committing a further £8 billion during the lifetime of the parliament plus another £3 for a new National Care service, all very laudable pledges no doubt, Labour is less forthcoming on how any of it will be paid for - apart from saying "There are different ways of raising the necessary moneys..." and hinting that one option is a wealth tax, which is precisely how I heard one political opponent describe the Tory proposal.

That does not appear to me to be anything other than "uncosted."

I've been on holiday and didn't see or hear May's interview with Andrew Neil, so I don't know whether it was a "car crash" or not, but before you gloat too much may I just mention Diane Abbott's spectacular performance behind the wheel?
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed May 24, 2017 12:22 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
sassy wrote:

Jeez, you really need to read both party manifestos.   Of course, the Conservative one is completely uncosted as May was forced into saying in the car crash interview she gave with Andrew Neil.   Even Neil was imbarrassed.

I'm not interested in what the Bow Group says; I am interested in your explanation of your use in this forum of the intentionally perjorative and patronising term "dementia tax", and your assessment of how a Labour government would fund the ever-increasing cost of care of the elderly.

Apart from committing a further £8 billion during the lifetime of the parliament plus another £3 for a new National Care service, all very laudable pledges no doubt, Labour is less forthcoming on how any of it will be paid for - apart from saying "There are different ways of raising the necessary moneys..." and hinting that one option is a wealth tax, which is precisely how I heard one political opponent describe the Tory proposal.

I've been on holiday and didn't see or hear May's interview with Andrew Neil, so I don't know whether it was a "car crash" or not, but before you gloat too much may I just mention Diane Abbott's spectacular performance behind the wheel?
I haven't seen neils' Theresa May interview but I understand it was quite robust as is his wont. And as is quite right for a political interviewer. I imagine when he is equally robust with corbyn we will be hearing the usual squeals of BBC bias from the usual suspects.
now that a car crash I will try and watch
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed May 24, 2017 12:39 am

If you yourself were less "totally myopic" and actually took the trouble to read others' posts properly, not to mention being utterly obsessed with your pathetic personal little witch hunt for anyone who just might be slightly to the right of Mao T'se Tung, you might have recognised my post as being an example of "debate and opposition," because it expressed an opinion on a matter of vital importance and sought a response.

But that, of course, is not what you want; unless something is a grovelling, unquestioning display of sycophancy towards the Labour leadership you are incapable of accepting it as a valid point of view.

Perhaps, since you hold this forum in such contempt now "there are so few leftys pisting (sic) here", you should consider joining the mutually back-slapping grovelfest in the other place.

You really are a silly little person, aren't you?

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed May 24, 2017 12:47 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

I haven't seen neils' Theresa May interview but I understand it was quite robust as is his wont. And as is quite right for a political interviewer. I imagine when he is equally robust with corbyn we will be hearing the usual squeals of BBC bias from the usual suspects.
now that a car crash I will try and watch

I would imagine that Corbyn might well seek advice on Neil's interviewing style from Diane Abbott who, after being caught out sending her child to a fee-paying private school while campaigning against the right or "ordinary" parents to exercise the same choice, and then making the overtly racist comment that "a West Indian mother would go to the wall for her children", refused point blank - four times - to agree with him that a white mother would do exactly the same.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down