NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Trump is the peacemaker, the Left doesn't want peace

Go down

If Trump is the peacemaker, the Left doesn't want peace Empty If Trump is the peacemaker, the Left doesn't want peace

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 1:40 am

Letty Cottin Pogrebin writes in Haaretz:
I’ve been an unapologetic, indefatigable peacenik for more than 30 years, advocating, agitating, writing, and lobbying for the United States to use its power and influence to help resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.  Yet I do not want Donald Trump to come home with a deal.

I haven’t given up on the peace process. I’ve given up on this president -because I want the two-state solution to succeed.

Some center-left American Jewish leaders are giving Trump the benefit of the doubt – no doubt a wishful fantasy fueled by years of frustrated longing for peace. For me, it all boils down to trust.
No deal brokered by Trump can be trusted because the man himself can’t be trusted and neither can his word.

I'm as much of a peace skeptic as anyone, but this little rant reveals (yet again) the intellectual bankruptcy of the Left.

In the slight chance that Trump brokers a deal, the parties who sign the deal are the ones who are obligated to uphold it - not the facilitator. Trump's "word" has nothing to do with upholding a peace agreement - that it strictly between the parties.
If Trump is the peacemaker, the Left doesn't want peace Campdavid

When the Camp David Accords were signed, Jimmy Carter added his signature - as a witness, not as a party to the deal. 

What Pogrebin is saying is that the idea of a Trump-brokered peace is so repugnant, that she would rather have no peace at all.

Which means that she hates Trump more than she wants peace.

Some "peacenik"!

http://elderofziyon.blogspot.com/2017/05/if-trump-is-peacemaker-left-doesnt-want.html

This really does beggar belief.
I think Trump is an idiot, but my views on him are secondary to any peace deal brought about.
Its unlikely he will succeed in doing so, but for someone not have peace due to their disdain for Trump, shows what is wrong with some on the left.

Back to top Go down

If Trump is the peacemaker, the Left doesn't want peace Empty Re: If Trump is the peacemaker, the Left doesn't want peace

Post by Original Quill Mon May 22, 2017 4:19 am

The words have nothing to do with the Left. As I've said before, if you want justice you don't assist the criminal.

Mr. Cottin is not saying he would reject a peace if it was brokered by Trump, he is saying that "no deal brokered by Trump can be trusted because the man himself can’t be trusted and neither can his word." He is right...it ain't gonna happen.

I would love it if it turned out the aids virus had properties that cured cancer, too...but the chances of that happening are equal to nil. Both are working against the health of mankind. Similarly, Trump is working to the detriment of peace. He is a totally narcissistic fool, whose aims are self-advancement over the backs of others. Any good coming from one with such motives is purely by way of chance.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

If Trump is the peacemaker, the Left doesn't want peace Empty Re: If Trump is the peacemaker, the Left doesn't want peace

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 6:23 am

And there you have it.
Again the left proves they would rather spite someone than have peace between Israel and Palestine.

So a deal cannot be trusted by the Palestinians and Israeli's?

WTF

Trump's power on this deal would be zero, as its binding between Israel and the Palestinians. So Trump would be irrelevant to is binding power.

You see how some of the left prove they would rather continue conflict, than have peace, due to their hate of people

You prove more than anything Quill you are no better than Trump.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 22, 2017 3:43 pm

"Drive them out!"  With these words, Trump proved this morning my earlier thesis.  My point is that in order to make peace, you must focus on the internal.  Ironically, "drive them out" is a focus on the internal: if you drive them out, you have an 'internal' that is pure...in the sense that Germans in 1932 wanted pure aryans.

What Trump is trying to do is purify the 'internal, rather than accommodating it by meeting all the needs and demands.  Work backwards in his reasoning: the problem in his mind is religion (that is why he insists on calling terrorists radical "Muslim" extremists); but those who take their religion seriously, are radical and not wanted; ergo, what he wants is to ban the Muslims (ironic parallel reference to the E.O., innit?). Purify the internal, rather than addressing it...and what happens to those left out? Why, they are bad guys, so kill them and their babies. Again, the faux attempt at peace ends in war.

This is why Trump has no chance of succeeding in peace.  He doesn't understand the problem.  The formula is to focus on the internal, not cut it up to accommodate the wishes of outsiders.  Trump--a mind lacking of curiosity anyway--speaks to the disputants as he would to a Mississippi campaign rally.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 4:55 pm

So again more misdirection.

I think Trump is an idiot, but if he helps broker a deal for peace, would those on the left object or want conflict to continue?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 22, 2017 5:10 pm

The words feckless and impotent come to mind.  Don't get your hopes up.  The two sides are not even meeting.  I'm quite sure they are smiling politely, and inwardly commenting to themselves that this idiot is even dumber than the little boy, GWB.

How many decades old is this dispute?  And he's trying to solve the matter by redefining participants??  "Drive them out"...that'll really work.  Rolling Eyes  

I can see the Saudis now...why didn't we think of that!? If Trump is the peacemaker, the Left doesn't want peace Attachment  

If Trump is the peacemaker, the Left doesn't want peace 1132368643

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 5:21 pm

Original Quill wrote:The words feckless and impotent come to mind.  Don't get your hopes up.  The two sides are not even meeting.  I'm quite sure they are smiling politely, and inwardly commenting to themselves that this idiot is even dumber than the little boy, GWB.

How many decades old is this dispute?  And he's trying to solve the matter by redefining participants??  "Drive them out"...that'll really work.  Rolling Eyes  

I can see the Saudis now...why didn't we think of that!?   If Trump is the peacemaker, the Left doesn't want peace Attachment  

If Trump is the peacemaker, the Left doesn't want peace 1132368643

So you want conflict to continue, backing the point already that some of the left would rather spite their own face, than have peace

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 22, 2017 5:27 pm

You are evading the point. The issue isn't to abandon the challenge, but to change the way it's approached.

Obviously this RW-warmonger's approach isn't working. "Drive them out" is just another war, to add to the many, many others. Time to bring the intelligent people into the discussion and Trump just delays that.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 5:41 pm

Original Quill wrote:You are evading the point.  The issue isn't to abandon the challenge, but to change the way it's approached.

Obviously this RW-warmonger's approach isn't working.  "Drive them out" is just another war, to add to the many, many others.  Time to bring the intelligent people into the discussion and Trump just delays that.

More gibberish

The point is on whether he could broker a deal and whether you would back him bringing peace or continue the conflict

The fact you keep evading this with your usual inane drivel says everything

Which would you back, swallowing your pride and backing a possible peace under Trump or your hate to rule your thinking and back violence to continue

Answer the point

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 22, 2017 6:06 pm

Thorin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:You are evading the point.  The issue isn't to abandon the challenge, but to change the way it's approached.

Obviously this RW-warmonger's approach isn't working.  "Drive them out" is just another war, to add to the many, many others.  Time to bring the intelligent people into the discussion and Trump just delays that.

More gibberish

The point is on whether he could broker a deal and whether you would back him bringing peace or continue the conflict

Which would you back, swallowing your pride and backing a possible peace under Trump or your hate to rule your thinking and back violence to continue

Answer the point

You are a war-monger didge, so I doubt you would understand. But, in order to seek peace, you have to give and take...in other words, negotiate. Trump offers nothing but more polemics, so I gather he's not really interested in peace.

So the answer to the question is, Trump's got a snowball's chance in hell. Why ask?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 6:15 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:

More gibberish

Answer the point

You are a war-monger didge, so I doubt you would understand.  But, in order to seek peace, you have to give and take...in other words, negotiate.  Trump offers nothing but more polemics, so I gather he's not really interested in peace.

So the answer to the question is, Trump's got a snowball's chance in hell.  Why ask?

Avoided answering again

So one last chance to answer

This is not about percentages on chances of success but whether through Trump you would back a deal he brokered with Israel and Palestine

Try again

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 22, 2017 7:11 pm

Thorin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You are a war-monger didge, so I doubt you would understand.  But, in order to seek peace, you have to give and take...in other words, negotiate.  Trump offers nothing but more polemics, so I gather he's not really interested in peace.

So the answer to the question is, Trump's got a snowball's chance in hell.  Why ask?

Avoided answering again

So one last chance to answer

Answer what? Another one of your irrelevant diversions. If you haven't got anything, admit you lost and go elsewhere.

Thorin wrote:This is not about percentages on chances of success but whether through Trump you would back a deal he brokered with Israel and Palestine

Try again

Wrong! This is about the genuineness of efforts by Trump to achieve peace. He is not even trying. Rather, he is goading the Muslims to announce that their side is the cause of the problem. Fat chance of that happening!!

Those of superior wisdom and maturity smile at his childish efforts. It would be cute if it didn't come from such a liar.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 7:13 pm

So you failed to answer yet again

So its clear you back the continuation of conflict rather than back the notion of peace under trump

That shows why Trump won the election due to people like you

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 22, 2017 7:28 pm

Thorin wrote:So you failed to answer yet again

Of course.  I always toss your irrelevant diversions.  People want to see the conversation go in meaningful directions.

Thorin wrote:So its clear you back the continuation of conflict rather than back the notion of peace under trump

That shows why Trump won the election due to people like you

You are the war-monger.  What with your limited skills, you don't even recognize that the whole Trump visit is a 'blame game', not a serious attempt at peace.  It's just another attempt at deception...after all, he is a liar.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 7:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:
I always toss off

We all know and we all know you avoid answering questions, when they make you look stupid, a hypocrite and showing the worst double standard

Any rational person would not care who helped bring about peace between the two nations, only that they negotiated a peace deal

It shows you would rather the conflict continues than swallow some pride

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 22, 2017 7:48 pm

Thorin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:
I always toss off

We all know and we all know you avoid answering questions, when they make you look stupid, a hypocrite and showing the worst double standard

Any rational person would not care who helped bring about peace between the two nations, only that they negotiated a peace deal

A rational person would know what is going on. Defining a participant out of the equation is not a serious attempt at peacemaking.

Nice try. You lost. See'ya.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 7:59 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:

A rational person would know what is going on.  Defining a participant out of the equation is not a serious attempt at peacemaking.

Nice try.  You lost.  See'ya.

Probability was not asked of you

Hence why you always look the idiot

hence why you are so hateful you would rather see two peoples continue conflict than back a peace deal

So off you trot then with your tai between your legs, you sad regressive

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 22, 2017 8:30 pm

Thorin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

A rational person would know what is going on.  Defining a participant out of the equation is not a serious attempt at peacemaking.

Nice try.  You lost.  See'ya.

hence why you are so hateful you would rather see two peoples continue conflict than back a peace deal

And you turn out to be the dumb asshole. Razz

We all know you invented this thread to legitimize Trump's efforts...as if he really intended this as a peacemaking junket. His first speech in Israel he proves that he is not a legitimate neutral. And you look as if you fell for it.

I just have a second to look in. Gotta be in court in a sec.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 8:35 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:

And you turn out to be the dumb asshole.   Razz

We all know you invented this thread to legitimize Trump's efforts...as if he really intended this as a peacemaking junket.  His first speech in Israel he proves that he is not a legitimate neutral.  And you look as if you fell for it.

I just have a second to look in.  Gotta be in court in a sec.

Again I stand against trump, so even I would not stand in the way of peace if he brokered this.

This shows that you would

The writer of this article has you regressives down to a tea, you would rather stand in the way of peace as your are led by emotions not reason

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down