NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is iTunes Out of Date and Out of Touch?

4 posters

Go down

Is iTunes Out of Date and Out of Touch? Empty Is iTunes Out of Date and Out of Touch?

Post by Lurker Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:35 am

I was at a Starbucks last weekend, and I grabbed one of those "Pick of the Week" cards, one for Jeremy Piven's new show. I felt a momentary flutter of excitement — sweet, free TV episode! In HD! But then I realized that I would have to download some huge file, and even then, I could only watch the show on the device I downloaded it to.
The concept suddenly seemed awkward ... antiquated, even.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/technolog/itunes-out-date-out-touch-so-whats-next-1B9232131
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Is iTunes Out of Date and Out of Touch? Empty Re: Is iTunes Out of Date and Out of Touch?

Post by JohnEAngel Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:56 am

the iTunes application is one of the most complicated i have ever seen my my life. it never works the same way twice. always coming up in a different view and it takes me a while to figure it out. i strongly dislike it but i have an iPhone and so am locked in for a least another year. grrrrr

JohnEAngel
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Is iTunes Out of Date and Out of Touch? Empty Re: Is iTunes Out of Date and Out of Touch?

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:02 pm

Yeah -- compare that to Google's music player, which these days stores a huge number of your songs in the cloud and can be played on anything with a web browser or the free app installed. iTunes sucks, and I'm starting to feel that way about the rest of Apple's offerings. Between all the DRM, compatibility issues and non-replaceable batteries, you get the sense that you don't actually own your extremely expensive gadgets ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:35 pm

you don't own apple products it is a lifetime lease. I must admit never had an appeal to me, I rip my own MP3s without DRM and manage my library with normal folders and files. Plus the download to every device thing is annoying (Steam does it too) much prefer the idea of downloading install files putting them on a USB and running them on all my computers as it is I can download the same file 3 times to get it across my devices.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:44 pm

Oh, not to mention another things JohnE's post reminded me of -- the damn thing asks me to update it practically every time I run it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down