NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Britain’s Got Talent 2017

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Britain’s Got Talent 2017 Empty Britain’s Got Talent 2017

Post by Guest Sat May 06, 2017 1:17 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLDpofEJhN0

Last edited by Thorin on Sat May 06, 2017 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Britain’s Got Talent 2017 Empty Re: Britain’s Got Talent 2017

Post by Guest Sat May 06, 2017 1:19 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm7gi453_Iw&t=469s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 06, 2017 1:21 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 06, 2017 1:27 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 10, 2017 11:06 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqC4BpOREp4&t=221s

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu May 11, 2017 5:59 am

Watched it a few times, most acts are crap, and why is it called Britain's got talent when I saw an act from China?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 11, 2017 7:06 am

I watched it a couple of times and gave up. I find these talent shows too "grand", and there are too many adverts.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 21, 2017 9:40 am

This young lass is from Malta

cheers  cheers 

What a voice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6MCjwG4mhM

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 21, 2017 11:40 am

I love this show.
So far every single week there has been an outstanding talent appearing.
Last night Destiny (as you posted above) sang an Aretha song as good as the lady herself, and the 15 year old lad who sang 'Hallelujah' was also brilliant. cheers

He starts singing 2 mins in...

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 21, 2017 11:47 am

Not seen this lad, as never watch the show only clips

Very passionate in his singing.

Awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 21, 2017 11:52 am

I always record and watch the full show, and I cry every week over someone.
Its the hopes and dreams, the elation or disappointment, and the faces of the families who support their kids, plus the awesome talent some of them have....its just a warm show, love it.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 21, 2017 11:55 am

Syl wrote:I always record and watch the full show, and I cry every week over someone.
Its the hopes and dreams, the elation or disappointment, and the faces of the families who support their kids, plus the awesome talent some of them have....its just a warm show, love it.

I love how you have a soul full of heart... Laughing

Have a good day Syl, catch you later.x

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun May 21, 2017 11:58 am

Syl wrote:I always record and watch the full show, and I cry every week over someone.

All that's mostly what I don't like about it. I like the talent some of them have, but I don't need to know their life history, who supports them, or what their hopes and dreams are. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 21, 2017 8:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

All that's mostly what I don't like about it. I like the talent some of them have, but I don't need to know their life history, who supports them, or what their hopes and dreams are. Laughing

I think some deliberately try to win the sympathy vote and play on peoples emotions, but you can usually tell if its contrived or not.
Real emotions usually show. There was a lad a couple of weeks ago who composed, played and sang a song he had written for his gran who had died of altzheimers....it could have been smaltzy, but it was so genuinely moving it wasn't.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 22, 2017 6:32 am

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I think some deliberately try to win the sympathy vote and play on peoples emotions, but you can usually tell if its contrived or not.
Real emotions usually show. There was a lad a couple of weeks ago who composed, played and sang a song he had written for his gran who had died of altzheimers....it could have been smaltzy, but it was so genuinely moving it wasn't.

It makes no difference to me if the stories and emotions are genuine or not Syl, I'm only interested in the talent. I remember in one of the series of the X Factor, they had Andy, who was a bin man, and they mentioned it all the time. They spend more time on the personal lives of the contestants than anything else. It's all so contrived - they even find appropriate music to accompany the life histories.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon May 22, 2017 11:39 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

It makes no difference to me if the stories and emotions are genuine or not Syl, I'm only interested in the talent. I remember in one of the series of the X Factor, they had Andy, who was a bin man, and they mentioned it all the time. They spend more time on the personal lives of the contestants than anything else. It's all so contrived - they even find appropriate music to accompany the life histories.

I know what you mean. There is an element of deliberately pulling on the heart strings and pushing forwards people hard luck stories, if its contrived its a turn off.

But I think genuine emotions shine through. There was a little brother of one of the contestants in the audience last week, his sheer joy of seeing his sister on stage was very touching. He cheered, laughed and cried, and when she did well he was so overjoyed for her it was lovely to see.

I know the show is about talent, but I think the love and affection often shown behind the scenes makes the show more than just a talent contest.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 22, 2017 11:53 am

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I know what you mean. There is an element of deliberately pulling on the heart strings and pushing forwards people hard luck stories, if its contrived its a turn off.

But I think  genuine emotions shine through. There was a little brother of one of the contestants in the audience last week, his sheer joy of seeing his sister on stage was very touching. He cheered, laughed and cried, and when she did well he was so overjoyed for her it was  lovely to see.

I know the show is about talent, but I think the love and affection often shown behind the scenes makes the show more than just a talent contest.

I don't think we'll agree on this Syl. Laughing

I remember Pop Idol - I watched the second series right through, and I don't remember all that stuff about private lives and life histories. It was nice and simple, and it was about whether the contestants could sing and perform well, which is what I was interested in - not if they were bullied at school, or if their families cried when they sang. I used to like American Idol too.

I don't like the auditions being in public - it's better when they're just in front of the judges, like they used to be in the X Factor.

I'm the same with any reality programme. I like Bargain Hunt but I always skip the bits about the personal lives of the contestants - I'm only interested in whether or not they will make a profit or loss. Laughing

I'm also the same with actors. For example, I think that Tom Cruise is a fine actor, but I'm not interested in who he marries, or whether he's a Scientologist or not. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon May 22, 2017 12:05 pm

Viva la difference.

We have always thought differently about emotional stuff....I embrace ...you avoid it.

Same on forums. Do you remember the agony aunt column? Ty's ongoing dramas and personal problems kept us all entertained....oh the fun we had with those, but there were some serious stuff too.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 22, 2017 12:07 pm

Syl wrote:Viva la difference.

We have always thought differently about emotional stuff....I embrace ...you avoid it.

Same on forums. Do you remember the agony aunt column? Ty's ongoing dramas and personal problems kept us all entertained....oh the fun we had with those, but there were some serious stuff too.

Oooh yes, I did like Ty's ongoing dramas, but they weren't really that serious were they? Laughing I didn't like the serious stuff so much - I usually avoided that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon May 22, 2017 12:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:Viva la difference.

Oooh yes, I did like Ty's ongoing dramas, but they weren't really that serious were they? Laughing I didn't like the serious stuff so much - I usually avoided that.

Well its not for everyone, especially on an open forum, But I enjoyed it all.

I suspect most of Tys were fabricated, but they were funny none the less. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 22, 2017 12:15 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I suspect most of Tys were fabricated, but they were funny none the less. Laughing

Yes they were - I wish I had a compilation of them. Laughing I really related to Ty - I still miss her. Surprised
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon May 22, 2017 12:36 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Yes they were - I wish I had a compilation of them. Laughing  I really related to Ty - I still miss her. Surprised

I did too Rags, I thought we were good friends.
She said something on the board really hurtful to me once though, something we had discussed privately and I had helped her with, and I'm afraid that finished it for me.

I do miss her posts though, wonder what happened to her, she was one of the most prolific posters then she just stopped.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:42 pm

He really does not hold back lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:45 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:53 am

I just didn't get the comedian Thor, I know he was edgy and un pc, but that imo didn't make him any funnier.

I liked the last 2 acrobatic funny men, (they didnt get through) they were like a grown up Jedward....crazy and manic, but they just made me laugh. Like David Walliams said, they had "funny bones"

I hope the wild card is the 16 year old black singer....she was brilliant.

I don't like the kid comedian, precocious brat, and I am not struck on the little magician girl either.

I LOVE the missing person choir ,I cry everytime they come on....how marvellous if some of the missing people were found because of this.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:59 am

Syl wrote:I just didn't get the comedian Thor, I know he was edgy and un pc, but that imo didn't make him any funnier.

I liked the last 2 acrobatic funny men, (they didnt get through) they were like a grown up Jedward....crazy and manic, but they just made me laugh. Like David Walliams said, they had "funny bones"

I hope the wild card is the 16 year old black singer....she was brilliant.

I don't like the kid comedian, precocious brat, and I am not struck on the little magician girl either.

I LOVE the missing person choir ,I cry everytime they come on....how marvellous if some of the missing people were found because of this.

I though he was very bold in some of the things he said, but see your point.

I think the little girl is going to win, the magician, she to me is clear fav.

Some of my favs have gone out, i guess each to their own on taste I guess.

The 16 year old black  singer will no doubt be in the final

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:03 pm

I hops so Thor...my prediction is if she is the wild card she will be in the top 3....with the missing people choir and the two older men who sing.

(I am probably dead wrong, but we shall see) x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:04 pm

Syl wrote:I hops so Thor...my prediction is if she is the wild card she will be in the top 3....with the missing people choir and the two older men who sing.

(I am probably dead wrong, but we shall see) x

The thing is though will she win if she does?

She should based on talent, but I am seeing a trend in the US and here with youngsters standing out.

Last year it was that young girl that won in the US and again there is another young girl singer who is fav as well.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:12 pm

Depends who votes, I never vote on these shows but I do enjoy them.

As an aside....did you see Amanda Holdens dress on Thursday night?
It was amusing how the camera shot her from the shoulders up throughout the show.
A bit much for a show which attracts young viewers  and is screened early evening....you probably don't agree though. Wink

Britain’s Got Talent 2017 Nintchdbpict000328442026
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:16 pm

To be honest she does not have the boobs to pull off that dress more than anything.

I mean if you look at the picture and cover the head, you might even mistake that for a muscled man's chest. Not my cup of tea really, though she is very attractive 

And yes did not see any harm in the dress    Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:24 pm

If she had a bigger bust the dress would have looked even more vulgar.

She is a lovely looking woman and I like her personality, but I think sat next to a truly beautiful woman (Alesha)she must have felt she needed to get some of the attention back....so she wore what was guaranteed to provide that.....I personally thought it looked cheap and vulgar, though at £11,250,00...it was hardly cheap in monetary terms.Shocked
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:26 pm

Syl wrote:If she had a bigger bust the dress would have looked even more vulgar.

She is a lovely looking woman and I like her personality, but I think sat next to a truly beautiful woman (Alesha)she must have felt she needed to get some of the attention back....so she wore what was guaranteed to provide that.....I personally thought it looked cheap and vulgar, though at £11,250,00...it was hardly cheap in monetary terms.Shocked  

Alesha is better looking, of that I agree.

Hell, with a bigger bust it would have been far more interesting   lol!

Well I dont think it looked vulgar, but we are always going to disagree on that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:31 pm

I think a bit of mystery, ie not having your boobs or bum falling out of your dress is far more alluring....mind you I'm not a man so you are right....we wont agree. Smile
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:35 pm

Syl wrote:I think a bit of mystery, ie not having your boobs or bum falling out of your dress is far more alluring....mind you I'm not a man so you are right....we wont agree. Smile

You know I am thinking of starting a thread on why people think exposure to certain parts of the body is rude or vulgar. As I think it would be interesting. As why do people look at the naked body as if its somehow rude or wrong? Nudists walk around all day long not embarrassed about their bodies and do not sexualize them. Is it because people continually look at things from a sexual stand point and not the body as a thing of beauty, as it should be?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:39 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:I think a bit of mystery, ie not having your boobs or bum falling out of your dress is far more alluring....mind you I'm not a man so you are right....we wont agree. Smile

You know I am thinking of starting a thread on why people think exposure to certain parts of the body is rude or vulgar. As I think it would be interesting. As why do people look at the naked body as if its somehow rude or wrong? Nudists walk around all day long not embarrassed about their bodies and do not sexualize them. Is it because people continually look at things from a sexual stand point and not the body as a thing of beauty, as it should be?

Yes its interesting....I already know you and I will be at opposite sides though. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:42 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Yes its interesting....I already know you and I will be at opposite sides though. Razz

lol!   I think it still would be interesting though, as to me the naked body is a thing of beauty. I actually think more people would be confident as people if they were not ashamed of their bodies or of themselves naked. To instead see it as a thing of beauty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:46 pm

Anyway have to go, so have a great day Syl

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:55 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

lol!   I think it still would be interesting though, as to me the naked body is a thing of beauty. I actually think more people would be confident as people if they were not ashamed of their bodies or of themselves naked. To instead see it as a thing of beauty.

Not always...I rest my case. silent

Britain’s Got Talent 2017 Borat-Thong-Swimsuit

Have a god day yourself. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:25 pm

Actually you make my point Syl

Is he not beautiful?

Is it you perceive him based on being hairy?

Is this not beautiful?

Britain’s Got Talent 2017 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQhMbOEnw7HhuMyMvy9Cg95IF0Bpvt-vmkcT_GREA1xwOkEkzIaA

Or this?

Britain’s Got Talent 2017 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmPbtBLwprbgg-1ZYp83uPMyB8xFIso09RgrR1qOadCtiYRPe2

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:31 pm

I suppose beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder Thor...the kittens are beautiful, the chimp is gorgeous, and Borat dressed in his stretched willy warmer is neither. Evil or Very Mad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:35 pm

#Syl wrote:I suppose beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder Thor...the kittens are beautiful, the chimp is gorgeous, and Borat dressed in his stretched willy warmer is neither. Evil or Very Mad

But that is the point, why see one as beautiful and not him?

Is it because we have been conditioned to look at humans hairy as not beautiful?

Is that then not the problem.

I agree beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but nobody is asking you to be attracted to him, and neither am I.

I bet 50,000 years ago he may have been considered a stud and still could be in some parts of the world

The point is over whether he is beautiful. Or is the hair distracting you from that?

Its like my late father always said of women.

All women are beautiful, some are just better looking than others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:42 pm

Seriously though, we wasn't talking of beauty, we were talking of nudity.
The human body may be a wondrous thing, but not everyone wants to see it in inappropriate places.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:06 pm

Syl wrote:Seriously though, we wasn't talking of beauty, we were talking of nudity.
The human body may be a wondrous thing, but not everyone wants to see it in inappropriate places.

But that is my point, what is ugly about the human body?

We are the only species that covers ourselves up..

Granted we do so for warmth and against skin cancer from the effects of the sun, but why is it and due to religion in my view. That somehow that people have been conditioned over centuries to view the naked body as rude and wrong? It never was in the past and not is today for some people. The reality is that it is because of religion over centuries that the naked body has been seen as akin to something of shame. That is wrong in my book. If we were not ashamed of our nakedness, we would be far more confident people

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:18 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:Seriously though, we wasn't talking of beauty, we were talking of nudity.

Granted we do so for warmth and against skin cancer from the effects of the sun, but why is it and due to religion in my view. That somehow that people have been conditioned over centuries to view the naked body as rude and wrong? It never was in the past and not is today for some people. The reality is that it is because of religion over centuries that the naked body has been seen as akin to something of shame. That is wrong in my book. If we were not ashamed of our nakedness, we would be far more confident people

Its not a matter of thinking the human body is rude, its an amazing piece of equipment when you think about it, but why do you think others would want to see it in all its glory?

Apart from the practical and safety aspect of wearing clothes, its just wrong to want to discard clothes in everyday life.
It may well be conditioning, but as people evolved from ape to human, they realised that some things should be private.

Where would you stop? If its normal to walk round stark naked is it also normal to mate or perform basic bodily functions in public?
If not why not?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:20 pm

Thor...you should have started another thread..... Razz

Have to go...laters. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:22 pm

I don't think Alesha is more beautiful, and neither of them should wear those awful dresses. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:25 pm

Also, I wouldn't want to see fat, bare arses all over the place. It's bad enough that women think that leggings are a substitute for trousers. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:28 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Also, I wouldn't want to see fat, bare arses all over the place. It's bad enough that women think that leggings are a substitute for trousers. Razz

lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:22 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Its not a matter of thinking the human body is rude, its an amazing piece of equipment when you think about it, but why do you think others would want to see it in all its glory?

Apart from the practical and safety aspect of wearing clothes, its just wrong to want to discard clothes in everyday life.
It may well be conditioning, but as people evolved from ape to human, they realised that some things should be private.

Where would you stop?  If its normal to walk round stark naked is it also normal to mate or perform basic bodily functions in public?
If not why not?
 But why is it wrong?

Again this is my point where people have been conditioned to believe something centuries later, when it never was a problem. So why should it be private. You keep telling me it should be when we are the only species that believe we should be ashamed of our bodies and that again it does come from religion. 

It would never be a problem to walk around naked, its only because we have instill a belief that it is. Again nudists do not have a problem, the only problem comes from those who themselves have developed a prudish attitude to the human body. Or more so sexualize the human body.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:45 pm

Tokio Myers, a very talented musician won....good on him.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next