NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease the sequel, starring Travolta and Olivia 40 years on.

+2
HoratioTarr
Syl
6 posters

Go down

Grease the sequel, starring Travolta and Olivia 40 years on. Empty Grease the sequel, starring Travolta and Olivia 40 years on.

Post by Syl Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:33 pm

Is it a good idea to resurrect iconic characters when they are 40 years older?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/grease-stars-john-travolta-olivia-10110183

As they were..

Grease the sequel, starring Travolta and Olivia 40 years on. PROD-John-Travolta

As they are

Grease the sequel, starring Travolta and Olivia 40 years on. PROD-2013-GDay-USA-Los-Angeles-Black-Tie-Gala-Inside

Last edited by Syl on Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Grease the sequel, starring Travolta and Olivia 40 years on. Empty Re: Grease the sequel, starring Travolta and Olivia 40 years on.

Post by Syl Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:36 pm

I think it's a great idea, it would be interesting to see how Sandy and Danny are doing.
Maybe they married and had lots of little pink ladies and T birds.

I hope Rizzo gets to come back and tell us how she went on....she was about the best character in the original film.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Grease the sequel, starring Travolta and Olivia 40 years on. Empty Re: Grease the sequel, starring Travolta and Olivia 40 years on.

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:16 pm

Syl wrote:I think it's a great idea, it would be interesting to see how Sandy and Danny are doing.

I hope Rizzo gets to come back and tell us how she went on....she was about the best character in the original film.

They should rename it 'Lard'
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:35 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:I think it's a great idea, it would be interesting to see how Sandy and Danny are doing.

Laughing

It is a bit disconcerting seeing how people have aged, but that's life.
I think Stockard Channing looks amazing because she still looks natural. Sadly Olivia and Travolta look plastic now, but that's showbiz for you.

Grease the sequel, starring Travolta and Olivia 40 years on. Stockard-channing-biopic
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:39 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Laughing

It is a bit disconcerting seeing how people have aged, but that's life.
I think Stockard Channing looks amazing because she still looks natural. Sadly Olivia and Travolta look plastic now, but that's showbiz  for you.

Grease the sequel, starring Travolta and Olivia 40 years on. Stockard-channing-biopic

Nobody escapes old age...but it was a shit film then and probably a pile of shite for the sequel.   I hate it when they dredge up characters from 40 years ago and try to cultivate the same appeal.   It's far better to remember them young and vital and attractive.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:40 pm

My brother knows Olivia Newton John.  He's been to her house a few times.  She's very nice apparently.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:44 pm

I don't agree.
For one I loved the film....its my era and it was just such an iconic film for that time.
The sequel starring Michelle Pfeiffer was awful though. Shocked

I like to see how characters evolve.... its great that they were young and gorgeous, but they can be old and gorgeous too.

You should know that from personal experience. Razz

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:45 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:My brother knows Olivia Newton John.  He's been to her house a few times.  She's very nice apparently.

She seems nice, her life has not been all plain sailing, but she is still going strong.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:08 pm

No lets keep the memory and see 're runs of Grease, not try to emulate something they did much younger. They both look their age now.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:11 pm

Syl wrote:I don't agree.
For one I loved the film....its my era and it was just such an iconic film for that time.
The sequel starring Michelle Pfeiffer was awful though. Shocked

I like to see how characters evolve.... its great that they were young and gorgeous, but they can be old and gorgeous too.

You should know that from personal experience. Razz

Don't get me wrong, I think both actors are great.    But I hate sequels like this.   They should just leave the original as a stand alone film.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:22 pm

magica wrote:No lets keep the memory and see 're runs of Grease, not try to emulate something they did much younger. They both look their age now.

Ageist. tongue
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:26 pm

I think its would be interesting if the script was good....it could be another musical, look how well 'la la land' has done at the box office.

Alternatively we could have a film about the Golden girls when they were young....a reverse of what Grease the sequel would be.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:39 pm

magica wrote:No lets keep the memory and see 're runs of Grease, not try to emulate something they did much younger. They both look their age now.

Remember this? No

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:44 pm

Lol I do, funny til I remember he was a paedophile abusing his own girls when little ugh!
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:07 pm

Syl wrote:

Ageist. tongue

albino Laughing
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:30 pm

magica wrote:Lol I do, funny til I remember he was a paedophile abusing his own girls when little ugh!

Was he...OMG I didn't know that.
He was repulsive without any of that.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:34 pm

magica wrote:Lol I do, funny til I remember he was a paedophile abusing his own girls when little ugh!

Did he?   Fucking hell.   Rolling Eyes
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:47 pm

Have you every listened carefully to the lyrics of "Grease Lightening"?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:00 pm

Syl wrote:

Was he...OMG I didn't know that.
He was repulsive without any of that.

His daughter told of it after he died. I always thought he was a bad actor but funny. After reading that, I just found him sickening and disgusting.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:01 pm

nicko wrote:Have you every listened carefully to the lyrics of "Grease Lightening"?

Yeah all about pulling girls and driving fast
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:53 am

Grease the sequel, starring Travolta and Olivia 40 years on. 3239900740

Re:  the O/P...

They could give their 40 year "reunion" a working title something like :

'Grease --  the Geriatric Years'

and have them coaching/mentoring their grandkids' generation for a 'dance off'..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:22 am

nicko wrote:Have you every listened carefully to the lyrics of "Grease Lightening"?

That's a hair colourant by L'Oreal.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:32 pm

There is a line in it Trump (and Quill) would be happy to use.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:19 pm

Something about a Cat?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:21 pm

Meow.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:10 pm

I have an Idea for the plot
they are married now and have a daughter kid (or grand kid)
they go on a summer holiday before moving towns and she meets a 'nice' guy...
basically run it into the original but now with Oliva and John being disapproving fuddy duddies and a new hot young couple
Grease the sequel, starring Travolta and Olivia 40 years on. 2190311264
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down