NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judge smacks down Muslim Ban 2.0

3 posters

Go down

Judge smacks down Muslim Ban 2.0 Empty Judge smacks down Muslim Ban 2.0

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:09 am

Donald Trump’s new travel ban was hit with its first judicial roadblock on Wednesday after a Hawaii federal federal judge issued a freeze on the executive order… and it’s all thanks to Trump’s own allies.

Judge Derrick Watson pointed to comments from some of Trump’s top advisers when issuing his ruling, noting that senior adviser Stephen Miller said in a Fox News interview that the revised order was essentially the same as the first, with a few tweaks aimed at bolstering the administration’s case in court.

In his Fox interview, Miller said that the new travel ban would have the “same basic policy outcome for the country,” and that the changes were made in order to address the concerns of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.

ADVERTISING

Also Read:
Donald Trump's New Travel Ban Blocked by Federal Judge in Hawaii

Judge Watson also quoted Trump surrogate Rudy Giuliani, who boasted during an interview that Trump called him to find a way to make the “Muslim ban” legal.

“These plainly-worded statements, made in the months leading up to and contemporaneous with the signing of the Executive Order, and, in many cases, made by the Executive himself, betray the Executive Order’s stated secular purpose,” Watson wrote.

http://www.thewrap.com/donald-trump-can-thank-allies-Muslim-ban-court-setback/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Judge smacks down Muslim Ban 2.0 Empty Re: Judge smacks down Muslim Ban 2.0

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:25 pm

Arrow

With the Dumpster's administration so full of self-declared business whiz's and economic geniuses...

You would think that someone there would be smart enough as to employ some constitutional lawyers to help with their attempts at skirting Federal laws and human rights  ???         scratch
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:20 pm

I believe I had already pointed out that this is not a textual case...one that can be remedied by reworking the language of the E.O.  It is an 'intent' case...is the EO a Muslim ban, however worded, essentially aimed at religion?  The trump cabal keeps reworking the text, as if that will remedy the situation.  Then, Trump goes out and gives a speech damning those infidels, the Muslims.

WTF??  You can't go into a bank intending to rob it, and think you can get away with it by rewording he note.  And then go out in a political speech and brag about how your real intent is robbery, anyway?!  Listen to your lawyer: you have a right to remain silent...

I have said repeatedly that Trump doesn't understand legal matters.  This is a case in point.  The allegations of the suit go to the intent, regardless of text.  What?  They can't figure out that intent is shown by words and deeds, not just in documents?  Every time Trump opens his mouth he creates evidence against himself.  You can't go about giving speeches saying, I hate them fookin' Muslims...and then turn around and say, but I wrote...I really love the little rascals!

Nor does it help if Trump goes to Nashville, like he did yesterday, and say this EO is a "watered down" version of the first one.  If you are admitting that it's the same, it's going to get the same result.  WTF is the matter with that dummy?

But since I pointed this out before, I won't say I told you so!  BTW, this morning a District Court in Maryland agreed with the Hawai'i District Court and issued a temporary restraining order.  I told you so.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:17 pm

Trump's pathological problem is that he can't just do something, he must also crow about it. "Look at me, I'm such a big boy!"
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down