NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV shows that could return via the internets

3 posters

Go down

TV shows that could return via the internets Empty TV shows that could return via the internets

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:09 pm

Netflix is extending "Arrested Development," and here's one critic's list of shows that deserve the same. What's missing?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kmallikarjuna/tv-shows-that-deserve-a-second-life
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

TV shows that could return via the internets Empty They don't give good shows a chance anymore

Post by Lurker Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:15 pm

I loved "Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles" !

I also was sad when they canceled "Good Guys". Bradley Whitford and Colin Hanks were great in that show.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

TV shows that could return via the internets Empty Re: TV shows that could return via the internets

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:35 pm

"Firefly" was one listed in the comments to that article, though I felt the series wrapped up well enough with the movie Serenity.

I'd like to see some new BSG, but I'm not entirely sold on "Blood and Chrome." It seemed like a B-version of the re-imagined series rather than a show in its own right like "Caprica."

BSG just occupies such a huge fictional universe that has still barely been explored. They could do a show set on Tauron featuring the civil war and the rise of the Ha'La'Tha crime syndicate, or a show exploring religious conflicts and poverty set on Gemenon, or so many other things. But I imagine it would be hard to sell a show set in that universe that doesn't at least touch upon Humans Vs. Cylons ... Rolling Eyes
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

TV shows that could return via the internets Empty Re: TV shows that could return via the internets

Post by JohnEAngel Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:58 pm

the internet is my television as i don't watch regular television programming. i just recently watched several episodes of Police Squad! on YouTube with Leslie Neilsen. that was some funny stuff. i also liked Sarah Connor Chronicles, Arrested Development and Firefly back then.

JohnEAngel
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:37 am

Firefly and Serenity were EXCELLENT SciFi. Joss Whedon is a brilliant writer, producer & director and anything else he attempts. He went to Wesleyan University where he was a student worker in the library and worked for a friend of mine who was the acquisitions department head. She loved him then and has followed his career since.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:49 am

I agree! Back in my TV writing days, I got to interview him when 'Angel' premiered. Fun, smart, fascinating guy. I'm thrilled he's doing so much with Marvel now, too -- he did right by 'Avengers.'
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down