NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will someone die in the boxing ring tonight?

+3
Tommy Monk
eddie
JulesV
7 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Go down

Will someone die in the boxing ring tonight? Empty Will someone die in the boxing ring tonight?

Post by JulesV Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:05 am

It won't be the first time. There have been accidental deaths but this time it will be deliberate. These two guys have promised to kill each other.  What a Face

It is one of the biggest grudge matches I've heard of in a while. Personally I don't know enough about boxing to even begin to guess who will win the bout. It depends on so many factors anyway.  OK I'm sure it's all just hype, posturing and grandstanding. But even so.

Bellew deffo wins the stare down. He does not even flinch. But I think Haye might win the bout itself if his injured shoulder (which has been surgically repaired) holds up.  I won't watch the bout. I cannot bear to see folks pummelling each other but I will eagerly listen out for the result on radio.

They're like a pair of flipping robots. I love the way the security guys are trying to look cool and calm but I bet they aren't. lol! lol! They know they will have to separate these two beasts if a fight breaks out. Even as a woman I know that there's nowt harder than trying to peel two strong fighting men off each other.

SAY CHEESE AND SHAKE HANDS ffs!!! The stare-down is from 1:50 onwards.  What a Face

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Will someone die in the boxing ring tonight? Empty Re: Will someone die in the boxing ring tonight?

Post by eddie Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:11 am

I used to love boxing but lost touch around the times of Eubanks - soon as he hurt Watson boxing got too 'safe' and boring.
This looks pretty awesome though!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Will someone die in the boxing ring tonight? Empty Re: Will someone die in the boxing ring tonight?

Post by Guest Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:12 am

If people are happy to get into the ring knowing the risks. Its there choice. People knowingly damage their body every day Jules
Most of the talk is all hype and I doubt either would really want to physically kill each other. I have no doubt, if that happened, they would be horrified. Its all talk for the camera's.

Lets hope its a good fight and nobody gets seriously hurt.

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:23 am

Yeah let's hope so. (Is ''stare-down'' a word?  Or should it be stare-off? ) 
It's a game of "The first one to blink is a 'big girls blouse' (I don't think I should use words like 'w*ss')

Now THIS is what happens when a fight breaks out between two strong men.
It literally took TWENTY people to split them up. I know cos I counted them!  It was no trouble, to count them, it was fun looking at all those strong men with rippling muscles, LMAO

Goodnight Thorin!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:51 am

Two nobody's trying to big up their fight for increased revenue...

Nothing to see here...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:05 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Two nobody's trying to big up their fight for increased revenue...

Nothing to see here...

Agreed. The fight game is just glorified adrenaline-pumping. Get your thrills from your own creative mind, people.

Such a waste.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:42 am

pirat

An "IFL" grudge match...

Not even fighting in a recognised asssociation competition round..

Two unknowns, for a televised "fill in" bout, sponsored by a shady bookmaking company --  like Tommy said :  "nothing to see here", folks !        tongue
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:49 am

eddie wrote:I used to love boxing but lost touch around the times of Eubanks - soon as he hurt Watson boxing got too 'safe' and boring.

Oddly enough, I like boxing too.    I don't even know why because if you step back and view it say, as an alien would coming to this planet, you'd be like...WTF!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:36 am

I bet they hyped it all up as always, prolly friends really lol. I like boxing, my money's on Hayes.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:52 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:I used to love boxing but lost touch around the times of Eubanks - soon as he hurt Watson boxing got too 'safe' and boring.

Oddly enough, I like boxing too.    I don't even know why because if you step back and view it say, as an alien would coming to this planet, you'd be like...WTF!

Hahahahaha yeah I think you're right and I generally don't like violent sports, but years ago it was more of a an art form, a dance...now like everything else, it's turned poncey and it's all about the money.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:01 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Two nobody's trying to big up their fight for increased revenue...
Nothing to see here...

Good point, Tommy. All this drama, drama, drama is meant to heighten tension and hype up the event, to get more people buying tickets or watching it on subscription TV.  It's ~ 90% hype, 10% reality.  But then they do need to publicise/advertise the event, nowt wrong with that.  Laughing

Original Quill wrote:
Agreed.  The fight game is just glorified adrenaline-pumping.  Get your thrills from your own creative mind, people.  
Such a waste.
What if they don't have creative minds?  Razz  Different people have different talents. Super quick reflexes are important in boxing and that is one of the many talents they need, to succeed. If they enjoy their profession, good luck to them. They enjoy the general camaradie too. Many lifelong friendship ties are formed in boxing. It's a very risky sport of course but other professions carry risks too. A soldier is always at risk, a pilot or a skyscraper builder who is always 100's/1,000's of feet in the air is also at risk.

And boxers could be equally scornful of 'normal, sensible' people,  who slug their guts from 9 to 5 everyday for decades, then at 60 yo the govt says  "oops we cannot afford to pay you a pension so carry on working till you reach 67/70 yo ... or maybe till you die."  A man's gotta make a living somehow and the lucky boxers ones are the ones who made a good living and then got out intact at approx 35 yo and invested their earnings wisely.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:24 pm

magica wrote:I bet they hyped it all up as always, prolly friends really lol. I like boxing, my money's on Hayes.
Correct. These boxers are rivals but not bitter enemies. Like you, I suspect that the fighters standing there posturing and 'talking the talk' are clandestine friends behind the scenes. It's all for show.

They are still brutal in the ring though. They need to put on a show for the paying fans.  I don't enjoy watching the pummelling in the ring. I love the spats OUTSIDE  the ring, in TV studios or at pre-match press conferences, where they lose their tempers and have impromptu fisticuffs. lol!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:46 pm

The younger man won and kissed the older guy and they both walked away with approx. £3miilion each for an hour's work.  I don't think anyone can say 'it was a damp squib after all the hype'. They gave the crowd the excitement they came for.

I look forward to the next big match, dunno who will be fighting who, probably be Mayweather fighting some other guy.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:40 pm

Yes Jules they made a mint fromt his and will prolly have a rematch so Haye can retire in splendour lol.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down