NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quorn Issues Massive Recall Over Safety Fears

4 posters

Go down

Quorn Issues Massive Recall Over Safety Fears Empty Quorn Issues Massive Recall Over Safety Fears

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:35 pm

Quorn has issued a recall of 12,000 packets of meat-free mince over fears the product has been contaminated. The Food Standards Agency has warned consumers not to eat the affected products as it could represent a safety risk. The affected product batch, sold only at Tesco, may contain small pieces of metal that could cause harm if eaten.

The agency advised: “If you have bought the above product do not eat it. Instead, return it to the store from where it was bought for a full refund.” 
Quorn Foods said it was a precautionary measure resulting from an “isolated production issue.” No other Quorn products or batches are thought to be affected.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/quorn-recall-issued_uk_58b7f208e4b0a8ded67a6e55?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Quorn Issues Massive Recall Over Safety Fears Empty Re: Quorn Issues Massive Recall Over Safety Fears

Post by eddie Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:09 pm

I buy their mince. I'll take it back.
Thanks for the heads up didge.

Ps I've eaten some recently so if you don't all see me in a day or two I might be dead.
Be kind on my memorial thread. Razz
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Quorn Issues Massive Recall Over Safety Fears Empty Re: Quorn Issues Massive Recall Over Safety Fears

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:14 pm

eddie wrote:I buy their mince. I'll take it back.
Thanks for the heads up didge.

Ps I've eaten some recently so if you don't all see me in a day or two I might be dead.
Be kind on my memorial thread. Razz

No worries Eddie, there is little detail on this, but as we have some vegetarians/vegans on here, thought they would like to know.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:16 pm

Well I'm grateful. I have so many things to do before I die cheers
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:18 pm

eddie wrote:Well I'm grateful. I have so many things to do before I die cheers

You will love this one then Eddie.

Quorn Issues Massive Recall Over Safety Fears Yht45-good-news-old-woman-bucket-list-arrested

A Dutch woman approaching her 100th birthday persuaded local police to "arrest" her to fulfill an item on her bucket list.
Nijmegen-Zuid police said the woman, Annie, told police she is nearly 100 years old and has never been arrested, but always wanted to know what it was like to "experience a police cell from within."
Annie was handcuffed and placed in a cell, where police snapped photos of her delighted expression as she showed off the cuffs for the camera.
Police posted the photos of the "day to remember" on Facebook.

Read more at http://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/2078/This-100-Year-Old-Woman-Got-Arrested-To-Fulfill-Her-Bucket-List#5E7E80qz4lreIsdU.99

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:21 pm

I love that. I think everyone should have a Bucket List.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:26 pm

eddie wrote:I love that.  I think everyone should have a Bucket List.

Me too

Catch you later..

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:59 pm

Eddie, if you think you'v swallowed metal, get someone to run a Metal Detector over your Stomach Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:15 pm

nicko wrote:Eddie,   if you think you'v swallowed metal,  get someone to run a Metal Detector over your Stomach Laughing

Hahahahahaha nah that's where I hide the family silver.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:44 pm

quorn should have a health warning anyway Twisted Evil
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:47 pm

Lord Foul wrote:quorn should have a health warning anyway Twisted Evil

Yes, the ultimate in tasteless and dull.

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:00 pm

freaky fungus food.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:46 am

Lord Foul wrote:freaky fungus food.....

I was pretty worried when I was first invited to dinner by milady, who is a confirmed vegetarian, and she announced that she had made a "shepherd's pie - without the shepherd."

Puzzled inquiries revealed that it was quorn-based, at which point the thought that the relationship wasn't going to last long crossed my mind.

But is was actually very tasty, honest, though I think loads of onion helped.

I haven't been converted, though. No-one, but no-one, is going to deny me my breakfast eggs and two rashers, toad-in-the-hole with good, fat real bangers, or my beloved bacon butties.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:03 pm

Thorin wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:quorn should have a health warning anyway Twisted Evil

lol!

Have you ever eaten beef mince with no sauce on it? It's bland and tasteless (or simply tastes of fat and blood).
It's no secret that if you cook mince you're going to have to season it and add a sauce otherwise it tastes like a cows arse.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:31 pm

eddie wrote:
Thorin wrote:

lol!

Have you ever eaten beef mince with no sauce on it? It's bland and tasteless (or simply tastes of fat and blood).
It's no secret that if you cook mince you're going to have to season it and add a sauce otherwise it tastes like a cows arse.

I love mince Eddie and talking of blood I love black pudding, which is very tasty.
You don't have to season mince and again I love it.
Though I love mince best in a pasta sauce, where I agree its then flavoured.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down