NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BMW could move Mini production to Germany because of Brexit

3 posters

Go down

BMW could move Mini production to Germany because of Brexit Empty BMW could move Mini production to Germany because of Brexit

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:11 am

A German newspaper has reacted with joy to news that BMW may move production of a new electric Mini to the country from Britain amid concerns about a ‘hard Brexit’.

Tabloid BILD’s Leipzig declared “thank you Brexit” on Tuesday as the carmaker refused to deny claims it was considering a move to the city as uncertainty mounts for British manufacturers who export to Europe.

A so-called ‘hard Brexit’ could see additional tariffs levied on goods made in the UK but sold in the EU. Last year, 38 percent of the 200,000 Minis made at BMW’s Cowley, Oxfordshire, plant were sent to Europe.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/mini-production-could-move-to-germany-amid-hard-brexit-fears-reports-say_uk_58b6a358e4b0780bac2ea262
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

BMW could move Mini production to Germany because of Brexit Empty Re: BMW could move Mini production to Germany because of Brexit

Post by eddie Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:14 am

Oh mein lieber Gott! Die Deutschen hassen uns!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

BMW could move Mini production to Germany because of Brexit Empty Re: BMW could move Mini production to Germany because of Brexit

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:30 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
A German newspaper has reacted with joy to news that BMW may move production of a new electric Mini to the country from Britain amid concerns about a ‘hard Brexit’.

Tabloid BILD’s Leipzig declared “thank you Brexit” on Tuesday as the carmaker refused to deny claims it was considering a move to the city as uncertainty mounts for British manufacturers who export to Europe.

A so-called ‘hard Brexit’ could see additional tariffs levied on goods made in the UK but sold in the EU. Last year, 38 percent of the 200,000 Minis made at BMW’s Cowley, Oxfordshire, plant were sent to Europe.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/mini-production-could-move-to-germany-amid-hard-brexit-fears-reports-say_uk_58b6a358e4b0780bac2ea262

Somehow I can't see the German motor industry being mildly compliant with an aggressive EU tariff regime against the UK when the UK would almost certainly retaliate in kind.

I have a BMW, and I'll bet my bottom dollar that BMW would be very anxious for me to replace it, when the time comes, with another BMW. And I'm equally sure that Mercedes and Audi will be hopeful that I might transfer my allegiance to one of them.

EU President Jean Claude Junkbox, or whatever his name is, might well wish to flex his muscles and talk tough pour encourager les autres among the increasingly disillusioned EU states, but industrial concerns like the motor industry pack a pretty hard punch too...particularly when it comes to possible threats to their sales.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:36 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Somehow I can't see the German motor industry being mildly compliant with an aggressive EU tariff regime against the UK when the UK would almost certainly retaliate in kind.

I have a BMW, and I'll bet my bottom dollar that BMW would be very anxious for me to replace it, when the time comes, with another BMW. And I'm equally sure that Mercedes and Audi will be hopeful that I might transfer my allegiance to one of them.

EU President Jean Claude Junkbox, or whatever his name is, might well wish to flex his muscles and talk tough pour encourager les autres among the increasingly disillusioned EU states, but industrial concerns like the motor industry pack a pretty hard punch too...particularly when it comes to possible threats to their sales.

So now you are claiming that industries are bowing down to EU Leaders?
Rather poor accusation there
Its hardly going to be viable to keep plants in the Uk for many EU businesses.
You see where companies could move stock within the EU from country to country. As if it was like moving from one plant to another in the UK. Its now going to likely incur them vast costs increases, now that there will be a border barrier between the UK and he rest of the EU.
Its also likely to cost you even more money to buy a BMW because of Brexit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:48 am

Thorin wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

You see where companies could move stock within the EU from country to country. As if it was like moving from one plant to another in the UK. Its now going to likely incur them vast costs increases, now that there will be a border barrier between the UK and he rest of the EU.

I'm not saying that at all. Stop twisting my words and piss off.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:51 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I'm not saying that at all. Stop twisting my words and piss off.

Ahh more immaturity and now afraid of people challenging your poor accusation.
It has nothing to do with being compliant, but how it will incur greater cost on Tax and VAT, when Britain divorces from the EU.
Do grow up, there is a good chap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down