NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Johnson Beharry, Victoria Cross War Hero, Left ‘Humiliated’ By Donald Trump’s Travel Ban

2 posters

Go down

Johnson Beharry, Victoria Cross War Hero, Left ‘Humiliated’ By Donald Trump’s Travel Ban Empty Johnson Beharry, Victoria Cross War Hero, Left ‘Humiliated’ By Donald Trump’s Travel Ban

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:45 am

An Iraq war hero who was awarded the Victoria Cross has been left “humiliated” after being held up by US border officials during Donald Trump’s immigration clampdown. Johnson Beharry, who is a recipient of the highest award for gallantry that a British and Commonwealth serviceman can achieve, arrived at New York’s JFK airport hours after the president ordered travel restrictions on January 27.

Long delays at immigration meant he missed a veterans’ event where he was due to be a guest of honour.

Beharry, who was injured in the conflict in 2004, said he faced a wait of nearly three hours to reach the border where his passport was further scrutinised.

The 37-year-old told the Sun on Sunday he suspected he had been viewed with suspicion because of his travel to Iraq and his appearance.

He said: “I felt humiliated. I think they held me because my passport showed I had been to Iraq.

“Maybe I am a bit Asian-looking but that doesn’t mean I should be treated with the same suspicion as a terrorist.

“I explained that I had been in Iraq fighting for the British Army but they didn’t seem to care.

“The officials only let me in after I kicked up a fuss. It was the worst travel experience of my life.”

Beharry said he witnessed “Middle Eastern-looking passengers” being pulled aside by officials enforcing the president’s controversial executive order.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/johnson-beharry-victoria-cross-war-hero-humiliated-donald-trump-travel-ban_uk_58970829e4b0768562164564?utm_hp_ref=uk

Racial profiling anyone?

Back to top Go down

Johnson Beharry, Victoria Cross War Hero, Left ‘Humiliated’ By Donald Trump’s Travel Ban Empty Re: Johnson Beharry, Victoria Cross War Hero, Left ‘Humiliated’ By Donald Trump’s Travel Ban

Post by nicko Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:17 pm

Disgusting, a few mins on Google would have sorted it.

Special relationship my arse.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Johnson Beharry, Victoria Cross War Hero, Left ‘Humiliated’ By Donald Trump’s Travel Ban Empty Re: Johnson Beharry, Victoria Cross War Hero, Left ‘Humiliated’ By Donald Trump’s Travel Ban

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:29 pm

Idea

Airport security, customs agents, and border guards over there are not held to any kind of professional standards;   (and not only in the USA, this is supposed to be a global problem..).

Being the unqualified and disrespected minimum wage cannon fodder that they are, they also remain one of the weak spots in America's national security system...

Despite all of the bluster and "war against terror" blarney that successive US guvm'nts have gone on with since 9/11, they still refuse to want lift either the pay rates or the expected standards for their airport customs workers, security or border protection !

You pay peanuts, and you can expect to get monkeys..
And many of them probably voted for Trump,  too  !!!         pale
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down