NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 Killed After Driver Plows Into Crowd in Melbourne

+2
nicko
'Wolfie
6 posters

Go down

3 Killed After Driver Plows Into Crowd in Melbourne Empty 3 Killed After Driver Plows Into Crowd in Melbourne

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:57 am

Three pedestrians were killed and many others injured on Friday after a man deliberately drove his vehicle down a crowded sidewalk in Melbourne, Australia. Police in Victoria say they have arrested the driver, though his identity has not yet been released. The incident is thought to have been prompted by a stabbing that took place earlier the same day, and police say they don’t think it is terrorism-related. The incident happened in the Bourke Street shopping mall area around midday, authorities said. Witnesses interviewed by Sky News described a scene of chaos, saying several gunshots rang out before police took the suspect away. “There was just all this noise and mayhem and then all of a sudden police flying everywhere and just bodies lying all over the ground,” one unnamed witness was cited as saying. Another witness said the car appeared to have been traveling just over 40 miles an hour, and the driver’s car had a wrecked child’s stroller on top of

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2017/01/20/3-killed-after-driver-plows-into-crowd-in-melbourne.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

Back to top Go down

3 Killed After Driver Plows Into Crowd in Melbourne Empty Re: 3 Killed After Driver Plows Into Crowd in Melbourne

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:16 am

Surprised

The driver was shot and arrested by the cops (superficial wounds..).

He is known to the police, with criminal connections/record..

Looking at his maniacal driving on the CCTV footage, he seems an obvious nutter.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/live-pedestrians-hit-gunshots-heard-in-melbourne-cbd-20170120-gtvf3x.html

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-20/car-hits-several-pedestrians-in-melbournes-cbd/8197876
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

3 Killed After Driver Plows Into Crowd in Melbourne Empty Re: 3 Killed After Driver Plows Into Crowd in Melbourne

Post by nicko Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:21 am

Murder by car,------------life sentence!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:08 pm

now 4 dead, two more still very critical.

One of the very critical is the baby from the stroller. Police didn't have time to wait for the ambulance and rushed the baby o hospital themselves.

Pretty Sure guy is an Ice(meth) junky looking at him

TO quote Major "Hang'em High"
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:29 am

What a Face

On tonight's news :

30 pedestrians mowed down;  four dead;  up to five critical...

He'd been running wild for a couple of days beforehand --  including attacked his mother's boyfriend, and then his brother..  And, the police were after him, to arrest him.

A female friend who was in the car with him, said that she had never seen him behaving like that before..   (Always possible, if he was on 'Ice' or 'Crack'  ?).       3 Killed After Driver Plows Into Crowd in Melbourne 2190311264
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:44 am

More and more people seem to be using cars as weapons.

Hope the injured get better soon.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:02 pm

To deliberately mow people down like this is evil....if the death penalty isn't active, life, life meaning life.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:39 pm

eddie wrote:More and more people seem to be using cars as weapons.

Hope the injured get better soon.

Its easy to isn't it . It injures and kills many and that's what they want . Sad world we live in .

We went to York Christmas market and it was all cordoned off no traffic at all was allowed anywhere near the market - but still we felt uneasy after what happened in Berlin .

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:19 pm

5 dead
the baby has died
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:23 pm

veya_victaous wrote:5 dead
the baby has died

Oh no. That's horrible news.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:10 am

Melbourne man pens tribute to taxi driver ‘hero’

A YOUNG Melbourne man has penned an emotional tribute to an “unsung hero” by the name of ‘Lou’, who came to the aid of a woman who was mowed down by a maroon car on Friday.

Henry Dow wrote the powerful piece to praise Lou the taxi driver — who selflessly helped him through the ordeal after he was left shaken.

“Lou grabbed my hand and firmly told me to keep it together, that I was OK and that we needed to keep strong for this woman,’ Mr Dow wrote on his Facebook page, alongside an image of himself and Lou nursing a women who had been struck by the car.

“In a level and loud voice, Lou barked orders at other pedestrians standing by, having not fled, but still too stunned to think or move.

“He directed assistance to several of the victims laying on the pavement around us, all while keeping me calm and speaking lovingly to this woman: “I am Lou, you are going to be OK, we are looking after you”.’

Mr Dow described Lou as “everything great and courageous you have seen, heard or read, rolled into one authentically humble bloke” and that at first, he thought Lou was a paramedic or policeman.

“It kept going through my head, “thank f**k I lucked out and have an emergency services veteran here with me,” Mr Dow wrote.

“Surely Lou was Ambulance, Police or SAS. Lou was not.

“Lou, in his white shirt and neat dark tie, was a taxi driver.

“In our small story, of this much bigger tragedy, Lou took command and was a genuine hero.”

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:15 am

Teens who tried to stop Dimitrious Gargasoulas say they wished they could have done more

ONE of the men who was filmed trying to stop Dimitrious Gargasoulas as he did burnouts outside Flinders St Station says he “should have done more”.

Tevita Mahina, 17, and his cousin Isaac Tupou, also 17, were at Federation Square to attend a church youth group event — but instead found themselves in a confrontation with Gargasoulas, 26.

The Year 12 students saw him doing “doughnuts” at the intersection of Swanston St and Flinders St.

“We saw him doing doughnuts and screaming to the crowd and in that moment, I knew he was going to inflict pain or was going to harm someone,” Isaac told Nine News.

He then told his cousin they had to act “because no one was doing anything”.

They had a baseball bat they had been playing with earlier and ran towards him. Tevita said he “swung the bat” as the car headed straight towards them.

“Then he came back and chased us off.”

They were horrified to learn what unfolded next when Gargasoulas allegedly went on a rampage through Bourke St Mall in his car.

Five people, including a three-month old baby boy and 10-year-old Thalia Hakin, died. Also killed were Sydney woman Jess Mudie, 22, and young father Matthew Si.

Police plan to charge Gargasoulas with multiple counts of murder.

“We should have done more,” Tevita said, while Isaac added: “I wish I had something in my hand too and kept hitting,” Isaac added.

Video of their actions went viral on Friday and throughout the weekend, with many on social media praising their actions while others did nothing.

“I didn’t save anyone so I don’t feel like a hero,” Tevita said.

“The ones who attended to the victims are the heroes. I’d do it again in a heartbeat but I regret not doing more to drop him.”

He was thinking of the families of the victims.

“I wish I could have stopped him, look at the five who have passed away I hope their loved ones are OK and they will be in my prayers.”
http://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/crime/teens-who-tried-to-stop-dimitrious-gargasoulas-say-they-wished-they-could-have-done-more/news-story/7efaf22d3927d881f34b7cf9dd355031

video is at source, these kids are heroes even if they did not succeed... Balls of steel to try and take him out with a baseball bat, while he was doing 'donuts' in the street. you can see they where very close to being run over.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:43 pm

They certainly are heroes.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:12 am

http://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/crime/thalia-hakin-young-bourke-st-victim-farewelled-at-emotional-funeral-service/news-story/71b8e0c409af9fcd256fd0d3bd82f24f

THE seriously injured mother of Thalia Hakin, the 10-year-old victim of the Bourke St massacre, has only just learned her daughter was dead.

Much of the preparation for Thalia’s funeral was done “behind her back” because she was so unwell, mourners at Thalia’s Melbourne school, the Beth Rivkah Ladies College, were told this afternoon.

Thalia’s mother, Nathalie, is still in a critical condition from the injuries she suffered in the car rampage through Bourke St Mall on Friday.

“Up to this morning she was not aware … So much of the planning had to be done behind her back,” husband and father Tony Hakin said.

But this morning she was able to form some words.

“Nat woke up and said, ‘I know what happened. Some maniac got my family and I don’t know how to deal with it’.”

The tragedy robbed her of “my little angel”, she said.

More than 600 members of Melbourne’s Jewish community are gathered the school.

Thalia’s sister Maggie, 9, sat at the front of the service in a wheelchair with her left leg elevated after suffering serious injuries herself during the rampage.

Mr Hakin told the funeral service it was Maggie who called him and told him what happened.

“She said some idiot has run me over and I’ve got a broken leg … Mum is on the ground and people are looking after her,” he said.

Shocked, he asked where Thalia was. Maggie didn’t respond and he feared the worst.

“I got this sickly feeling that something was wrong,” Mr Hakin said.

He raced to the scene and was eventually let through the cordons by police. It was then he realised it was much worse than just a “hit and run”.

“I was frantically looking for my family … My wife was lying on the ground being looked after by paramedics and Maggie was sitting up being helped by people — not just paramedics but average Joe Blows.”

Mr Hakin said Maggie started telling him what happened and said she called him because her mother wasn’t able to speak.

“I couldn’t have done that as a nine year-old,” he said.

Mr Hakin asked his youngest daughter where Thalia was.

She didn’t know, but then someone who was there pointed to a blanket on the ground with “blood coming from it”.

“They said, ‘There’s a 10 year-old over there, she may be yours. Do you know what she was wearing?’”

In shock, he couldn’t even think what clothes Thalia had on that day.

He told them he was “off my face” with horror, and searched his phone for a picture of Thalia but he “couldn’t think straight”.

Maggie escaped much worse injuries or death because she was standing behind her sister and mother and “saw the car coming”.

“Thalia copped the full brunt of it. I think she died instantly, she had brain haemorrhages,” he said.

He told the funeral his “beautiful baby girl” was full of love and was the antithesis of the “pure hatred” she encountered that day.

“My family has two legs. A right leg and a left leg. The left leg is Maggie and the right leg is Thalia. I’m now hobbling along on one leg,” he said.

He would always be proud of her.

“I don’t think I could’ve been more proud of a little girl – from the day she was born until the day she died, that girl gave me joy.”

The rabbi conducting the proceedings was reduced to tears within seconds of beginning as he described how Thalia was “suddenly and tragically taken away from our midst.”

A devastated teacher at Beth Rivkah Ladies College told how she formed a bond with Thalia over their mutual messy desks and love of shoes and accessories.

Thalia was never backward about voicing her opinion on what she was wearing and would comment “strongly on my outfit”.

She described her as “sparky, vibrant, vivacious and colourful” student who had to be dragged away from the artroom.

Her death would leave a massive “void” in everyone’s life.

“A little piece of my heart is gone.”

The private service followed a procession that visited Thalia’s school, Beth Rivkah Ladies College, where 1000 students and members of the school community gathered to celebrate the much loved little girl.

So much sadness Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
pics and video at source
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:37 am

Time to apply the same background checks and restrictions to vehicles and owners/users as firearms......

Question

been saying it a while now....The argument that one is specifically built to kill is, and never has been valid..."

the INTENDED use is irrelevant when the REAL use becomes the same....since the ITEM itself is "neutral"...it just is, and has no "intent"
the USE to which it is put however is "user dependant"

my guns have never killed anyone , nor will they ever be, they are used for hunting and clay shooting....
my vehicles have never been used to kill anyone ...nor, barring accident , will they ever be......

I cannot however speak for others out there.........

time for some "controls" on just who gets behind the wheel

and NO veya...fuck your technology.....I dont want a vehicle that drives itself....they cant ...and likely never will...cope with "off road" conditions OR route management.....thankfully there wont BE a self driving fully functional 4x4 type vehicle untill well after I loose all interest in driving....NOR I suspect a "camper" type vehicle capable of semi off road use.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:39 am

"driverless vehicles"

just the job for an increasingly brain dead snowflake generation...

idle
utterly unskilled
pathetic
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:39 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
http://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/crime/thalia-hakin-young-bourke-st-victim-farewelled-at-emotional-funeral-service/news-story/71b8e0c409af9fcd256fd0d3bd82f24f

THE seriously injured mother of Thalia Hakin, the 10-year-old victim of the Bourke St massacre, has only just learned her daughter was dead.

Much of the preparation for Thalia’s funeral was done “behind her back” because she was so unwell, mourners at Thalia’s Melbourne school, the Beth Rivkah Ladies College, were told this afternoon.

Thalia’s mother, Nathalie, is still in a critical condition from the injuries she suffered in the car rampage through Bourke St Mall on Friday.

“Up to this morning she was not aware … So much of the planning had to be done behind her back,” husband and father Tony Hakin said.

But this morning she was able to form some words.

“Nat woke up and said, ‘I know what happened. Some maniac got my family and I don’t know how to deal with it’.”

The tragedy robbed her of “my little angel”, she said.

More than 600 members of Melbourne’s Jewish community are gathered the school.

Thalia’s sister Maggie, 9, sat at the front of the service in a wheelchair with her left leg elevated after suffering serious injuries herself during the rampage.

Mr Hakin told the funeral service it was Maggie who called him and told him what happened.

“She said some idiot has run me over and I’ve got a broken leg … Mum is on the ground and people are looking after her,” he said.

Shocked, he asked where Thalia was. Maggie didn’t respond and he feared the worst.

“I got this sickly feeling that something was wrong,” Mr Hakin said.

He raced to the scene and was eventually let through the cordons by police. It was then he realised it was much worse than just a “hit and run”.

“I was frantically looking for my family … My wife was lying on the ground being looked after by paramedics and Maggie was sitting up being helped by people — not just paramedics but average Joe Blows.”

Mr Hakin said Maggie started telling him what happened and said she called him because her mother wasn’t able to speak.

“I couldn’t have done that as a nine year-old,” he said.

Mr Hakin asked his youngest daughter where Thalia was.

She didn’t know, but then someone who was there pointed to a blanket on the ground with “blood coming from it”.

“They said, ‘There’s a 10 year-old over there, she may be yours. Do you know what she was wearing?’”

In shock, he couldn’t even think what clothes Thalia had on that day.

He told them he was “off my face” with horror, and searched his phone for a picture of Thalia but he “couldn’t think straight”.

Maggie escaped much worse injuries or death because she was standing behind her sister and mother and “saw the car coming”.

“Thalia copped the full brunt of it. I think she died instantly, she had brain haemorrhages,” he said.

He told the funeral his “beautiful baby girl” was full of love and was the antithesis of the “pure hatred” she encountered that day.

“My family has two legs. A right leg and a left leg. The left leg is Maggie and the right leg is Thalia. I’m now hobbling along on one leg,” he said.

He would always be proud of her.

“I don’t think I could’ve been more proud of a little girl – from the day she was born until the day she died, that girl gave me joy.”

The rabbi conducting the proceedings was reduced to tears within seconds of beginning as he described how Thalia was “suddenly and tragically taken away from our midst.”

A devastated teacher at Beth Rivkah Ladies College told how she formed a bond with Thalia over their mutual messy desks and love of shoes and accessories.

Thalia was never backward about voicing her opinion on what she was wearing and would comment “strongly on my outfit”.

She described her as “sparky, vibrant, vivacious and colourful” student who had to be dragged away from the artroom.

Her death would leave a massive “void” in everyone’s life.

“A little piece of my heart is gone.”

The private service followed a procession that visited Thalia’s school, Beth Rivkah Ladies College, where 1000 students and members of the school community gathered to celebrate the much loved little girl.

So much sadness  Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad  
pics and video at source

This is heart breaking. An ordinary family going about their business and in a second a nightmare happens, and the ones who survive will never be the same again.
Sad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:10 pm

That was simply heartbreaking.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down