NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wife of Pulse nightclub killer Omar Mateen arrested

5 posters

Go down

Wife of Pulse nightclub killer Omar Mateen arrested Empty Wife of Pulse nightclub killer Omar Mateen arrested

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:05 pm

US authorities have arrested the wife of the gunman who killed 49 people at an Orlando gay nightclub last year, a massacre that intensified fears about “lone wolf” attacks against Americans, the U.S. attorney general said on Monday.

The wife of Omar Mateen, who was killed by police during the rampage at the Florida club in June, was arrested at her home outside San Francisco, the New York Times reported, citing an unnamed law enforcement official.

Noor Salman faces federal charges of obstruction of justice, and aiding and abetting the attempted provision of material support to a foreign terrorist organization, ABC News reported, citing the FBI and her lawyer.

Salman, who was repeatedly questioned by law enforcement interrogators after the club attack, is expected to appear in court on Tuesday. She will then face extradition to Tampa, where she was indicted, ABC reported.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/wife-of-pulse-nightclub-killer-omar-mateen-arrested/

Back to top Go down

Wife of Pulse nightclub killer Omar Mateen arrested Empty Re: Wife of Pulse nightclub killer Omar Mateen arrested

Post by eddie Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:08 pm

Of course the wife always knows and if she is found to be instrumental in helping him carry out those heinous attacks, then I hope she is suitably and horribly punsished.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Wife of Pulse nightclub killer Omar Mateen arrested Empty Re: Wife of Pulse nightclub killer Omar Mateen arrested

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:14 pm

eddie wrote:Of course the wife always knows and if she is found to be instrumental in helping him carry out those heinous attacks, then I hope she is suitably and horribly punsished.

I will be very interested to learn further how much she is involved and whether this extends to any of the other family members Eddie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:48 pm

Me too. She accompanied him on several forays to Pulse, and she was with him when he bought some ammunition. But they knew that when it happened.

I'm particularly interested in what new evidence they have.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:55 pm

Hold on... article says she was arrested at 'her home in San Francisco'.. but attack was in Orlando florida, and that was near where him and wife lived...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:04 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Hold on... article says she was arrested at 'her home in San Francisco'.. but attack was in Orlando florida, and that was near where him and wife lived...!?

That surprised me too, tho not for the distance.  Apparently she now lives in Oakland (not San Francisco).  I gather she has moved since accompanying him on forays in Florida, back in the day.  I reckon she has family here.

Last edited by Original Quill on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:05 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

I am pretty sure she has moved away from where her husband commit mass murder Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:00 am

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/before-orlando-massacre-killer-omar-mateen-visited-parents-one-last-time/2281507

She is said to be local to florida here...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:11 am

Tommy Monk wrote:http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/before-orlando-massacre-killer-omar-mateen-visited-parents-one-last-time/2281507

The New York Times interviewed her in November and she said she'd moved three times since the shooting to avoid the media: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/02/us/politics/orlando-shooting-omar-mateen-noor-salman.html?_r=0
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:22 am

Tommy Monk wrote:http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/before-orlando-massacre-killer-omar-mateen-visited-parents-one-last-time/2281507

Not so, tommy. All they say is:

A mortgage document filed in St. Lucie County in 2013 listed another woman, Noor Salman, as his wife.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down