NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump supporters spend a day with a Muslim

+3
Original Quill
Ben Reilly
eddie
7 posters

Go down

Trump supporters spend a day with a Muslim  Empty Trump supporters spend a day with a Muslim

Post by eddie Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:13 am

What a great piece of film.
Please do watch it.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Trump supporters spend a day with a Muslim  Empty Re: Trump supporters spend a day with a Muslim

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:26 am

Ah, that prayer at the end got me a little choked up Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Trump supporters spend a day with a Muslim  Empty Re: Trump supporters spend a day with a Muslim

Post by Original Quill Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:56 am

Did you see, in the car, when she told them she was Muslim? Shocked It was like...get me outta here!

BTW, what happened to Patrick?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:11 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Ah, that prayer at the end got me a little choked up Smile

Yeah me too. You could tell the guy really felt differently by then.

The Muslim guy with the beard was pretty good looking though Razz just as a by the way....
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:11 am

Original Quill wrote:Did you see, in the car, when she told them she was Muslim? Shocked It was like...get me outta here!

BTW, what happened to Patrick?

Patrick didn't seem keen from the get go if you ask me....
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:26 am

Eddie, get your mind above your belt----again Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:35 pm

eddie wrote:The Muslim guy with the beard was pretty good looking though Razz  just as a by the way....

I told you...Muslim people are really attractive.  Something about their strong facial features.

The women, too, are quite beautiful.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:22 pm

There's a bloody lot of ugly ones as well,have you seen some of the men?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:15 pm

nicko wrote:There's a bloody lot of ugly ones as well,have you seen some of the men?    

Well, no one is perfect. Lots of ugly Brits and Americans, too. But in the main, they are pretty good looking.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:10 pm

Quill I don't have a type or preference, a handsome face is a handsome face.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:23 pm

Original Quill wrote:
nicko wrote:There's a bloody lot of ugly ones as well,have you seen some of the men?    

Well, no one is perfect.  Lots of ugly Brits and Americans, too.  But in the main, they are pretty good looking.

What's that ole' saying 'beauty is only skin deep but an ugly soul goes clear to the BONE!'
Give me a human with some character and age signs ...shows that they've lived an interesting life and their beauty and true spirit is something you have to get to know. 
Superficial people rarely get beyond the surface and they do miss out on a lot of those humanistic stories within those 'non-beautiful humans'!  Suspect  

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:37 pm

I quite enjoyed watching that, it certainly gave that guy some food for thought.

As an aside, anyone notice the dog. Anyone would think Muslims don't like dogs or something Laughing
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:52 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:I quite enjoyed watching that, it certainly gave that guy some food for thought.

As an aside, anyone notice the dog.  Anyone would think Muslims don't like dogs or something Laughing

Oh yeah, and that man's wife just straight-up shook a Christian man's hand. Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:26 pm

And they were cooking??!!!! Do Muslims eat???
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:29 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:I quite enjoyed watching that, it certainly gave that guy some food for thought.

As an aside, anyone notice the dog.  Anyone would think Muslims don't like dogs or something Laughing

Well, that rather goes with the generalizations/stereotypes and all around misconceptions driven by those that can't be bothered to actually get to know another form of humanity!  Just do a 'drive by' and make assumptions!

The Muslim families I've become acquainted with have 'PETS'; cats/dogs/birds ...rescue all sorts of animals ...very humane/decent people Trump supporters spend a day with a Muslim  202592697

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:31 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

Oh yeah, and that man's wife just straight-up shook a Christian man's hand. Smile

Oh my, you mean a Muslim lady was allowed to touch a non Muslim man let alone be in the same room as him unless covered from head to foot with only her eyes showing Shocked
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:36 pm

It's a nice film, all anyone needs is an open mind and an open heart.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:40 pm

Syl wrote:It's a nice film, all anyone needs is an open mind and an open heart.

Like I say, you win more minds over with niceness than nastiness.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:44 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:It's a nice film, all anyone needs is an open mind and an open heart.

Like I say, you win more minds over with niceness than nastiness.

Of course, and I think the American man was a nice man, he just didn't know any Muslims.....his genuine warmth and the warmth from the men he met was obvious.
The other American was not so open.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:48 pm

eddie wrote:And they were cooking??!!!! Do Muslims eat???

I know this, I know this! They do, but they only eat Jewish and Christian babies.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:49 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Oh my, you mean a Muslim lady was allowed to touch a non Muslim man let alone be in the same room as him unless covered from head to foot with only her eyes showing Shocked

I'm surprised even the eyes are allowed to show. The eyes are the boobs of the face, after all.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:58 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

I'm surprised even the eyes are allowed to show. The eyes are the boobs of the face, after all.

Hahahahahahahahahaha
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:05 pm

A typical Muslim wedding in Cairo. This the traditional Zaffa...or wedding march.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:08 pm

My god that belly dancer was sexy!
Our weddings are so boring in comparison.

Doesn't the bride bellydance? I would have to join in if I was the bride!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:09 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

I have big eyes, pain in the butt Trump supporters spend a day with a Muslim  Smiley12

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:11 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:A typical Muslim wedding in Cairo.   This the traditional Zaffa...or wedding march.

That's lovely, I cant see many traditional British brides being happy to be upstaged by a gorgeous belly dancer though. Laughing

I have never been to a Muslim wedding unfortunately, went to my neighbours Hindu one a few years ago...that was an experience.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:12 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

Haha, never heard them called that. The eyes are the window to the soul though and they can be so expressionful even if you cant' see the rest of the face.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:14 pm

And this is a baladi wedding. Look at the women. I've been to one of these in Cairo, and it's amazing just how much joy they share. We were welcomed into the wedding group to dance with them. There were no inhibitions, no hostility, and no disapproval at the dancing. We all had a blast.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:21 pm

Can't you just hear all those misconceptions being smashed by this thread. Smile

Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:22 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:A typical Muslim wedding in Cairo.   This the traditional Zaffa...or wedding march.

That's lovely, I cant see many traditional British brides being happy to be upstaged by a gorgeous belly dancer though. Laughing

I have never been to a Muslim wedding unfortunately, went to my neighbours Hindu one a few years ago...that was an experience.

I danced at loads of them. Mostly Arabic, but many Pakistani ones and Hindu ones, which are huge events with the bride and groom on thrones on the stage. The strangest one I did was a bar mitzvah...I was followed around the room by a gaggle of teenaged boys...most disconcerting!

It seems strange to most people that a country/culture with so many restrictions on the physical expression of female sexuality can produce such a sensual dance. But trust me, they love it. All of them right down to the kids. In Egypt when I was over there, it was illegal for a dancer to expose her naked abdomen, so they covered up with fishnets. And contrary to what Westerners are fed in Turkish holiday resorts and restaurants, Egyptian dance is a complex very difficult dance to master with extensive use of muscle control and isolation techniques. It's much more subtle than Turkish style, more 'internalised'. It's very beautiful and very feminine and done properly is never overtly sexual.

They say the Zaffa predates Islam.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:28 pm

eddie wrote:My god that belly dancer was sexy!
Our weddings are so boring in comparison.

Doesn't the bride bellydance? I would have to join in if I was the bride!

Sometimes they do, yes.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:29 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

I danced at loads of them.   Mostly Arabic, but many Pakistani ones and Hindu ones, which are huge events with the bride and groom on thrones on the stage.  The strangest one I did was  a bar mitzvah...I was followed around the room by a gaggle of teenaged boys...most disconcerting!

It seems strange to most people that a country/culture with so many restrictions on the physical expression of female sexuality can produce such a sensual dance.   But trust me, they love it.   All of them right down to the kids.  In Egypt when I was over there, it was illegal for a dancer to expose her naked abdomen, so they covered up with fishnets.  And contrary to what Westerners are fed in Turkish holiday resorts and restaurants, Egyptian dance is a complex very difficult dance to master with extensive use of muscle control and isolation techniques.  It's much more subtle than Turkish style, more 'internalised'.   It's very beautiful and very feminine and done properly is never overtly sexual.

I know you have danced at lots of occasions. Your costumes have been amazing too.
You are right....sexual and sensuous are two different things....looking from a womans point of view it is anyway.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:39 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I danced at loads of them.   Mostly Arabic, but many Pakistani ones and Hindu ones, which are huge events with the bride and groom on thrones on the stage.  The strangest one I did was  a bar mitzvah...I was followed around the room by a gaggle of teenaged boys...most disconcerting!

It seems strange to most people that a country/culture with so many restrictions on the physical expression of female sexuality can produce such a sensual dance.   But trust me, they love it.   All of them right down to the kids.  In Egypt when I was over there, it was illegal for a dancer to expose her naked abdomen, so they covered up with fishnets.  And contrary to what Westerners are fed in Turkish holiday resorts and restaurants, Egyptian dance is a complex very difficult dance to master with extensive use of muscle control and isolation techniques.  It's much more subtle than Turkish style, more 'internalised'.   It's very beautiful and very feminine and done properly is never overtly sexual.

I know you have danced at lots of occasions. Your costumes have been amazing too.
You are right....sexual and sensuous are two different things....looking from a womans point of view it is anyway.

This dance is of particular fascination to women. As you know, I taught it for years, and most of students were women and did it because a) it made them feel good and feel attractive, and b) it kept them fit and healthy.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:04 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:Can't you just hear all those misconceptions being smashed by this thread.  Smile

It's a really very nice thread. That was my intention after some pretty shitty days on here recently.
Some lovely contributions by everyone.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:30 pm

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:34 pm

If everyone could find that inner beauty within themselves and share it with others, just think how wonderful the world could ultimately be.

Thank you for adding that video to this brilliant thread.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down