NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Christ the Redeemer' statue struck by lightning -- amazing photo

5 posters

Go down

'Christ the Redeemer' statue struck by lightning -- amazing photo Empty 'Christ the Redeemer' statue struck by lightning -- amazing photo

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:37 pm

'Christ the Redeemer' statue struck by lightning -- amazing photo Ef0ce6af-8796-4009-b85c-9bbcec895002-620x425

Repairs are underway after the lightning strike. I'd love to hear the photographer's take on getting that shot.

More photos at source:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/gallery/2014/jan/22/rio-statue-is-repaired-after-lightning-strikes-in-pictures
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

'Christ the Redeemer' statue struck by lightning -- amazing photo Empty Re: 'Christ the Redeemer' statue struck by lightning -- amazing photo

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:29 am

I can't wait for @UkipWeather's take on this.

Back to top Go down

'Christ the Redeemer' statue struck by lightning -- amazing photo Empty Re: 'Christ the Redeemer' statue struck by lightning -- amazing photo

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:56 am

lovedust wrote:

://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:35 am

lovedust wrote:

ZEUS HAS SPOKEN Exclamation  Exclamation  Exclamation  Exclamation  Exclamation  Exclamation 

bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce 
I'm Sure I got a white bull around here somewhere  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:45 am

That is amazing.

We have monsoon here over the summer...amazing thunder and lightening (no fires this year thankfully)...during 1 storm junior and I stood on the back porch taking photo after photo till I got one @10.30pm that lit up the whole back garden .....it looks like noon....pretty cool

If I could figure out how to post it here I would but alas I am technology challenged
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:39 am

Cass wrote:That is amazing.

We have monsoon here over the summer...amazing thunder and lightening (no fires this year thankfully)...during 1 storm junior and I stood on the back porch taking photo after photo till I got one @10.30pm that lit up the whole back garden .....it looks like noon....pretty cool

If I could figure out how to post it here I would but alas I am technology challenged

You must be in Tucson.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:07 am

Perhaps Smile
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:10 am

I taught at the University of Arizona.  My wife was the Director of Planning at Pima County.  Later, she became the Director of the Tucson International Airport.

Welcome, Cass.  Glad to have you.  I'm so glad to have a comrade from the old days. I had a home up on Gates Pass, on the west side.  Tucson mountains.  Great view. Lots of stories to tell.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:40 pm

Original Quill wrote:I taught at the University of Arizona.  My wife was the Director of Planning at Pima County.  Later, she became the Director of the Tucson International Airport.

Welcome, Cass.  Glad to have you.  I'm so glad to have a comrade from the old days. I had a home up on Gates Pass, on the west side.  Tucson mountains.  Great view. Lots of stories to tell.

Hate to burst yer bubble but I've only been in state for 5 1/2 years....still we are wildcat fans and NOT sun devils Smile

Senior junior's gal is at UoA he too may transfer there next semester. UMC saved his life and put him back together again after he had a bad accident. We've got tickets to a BB game at McKale next month - Mr. Cass and both boys have never been to one so should be fun. Senior boy works down on 4th Ave - they have spruced it up no end after all the construction but I think the street car is a bad thing....the roads/lanes are really narrow. Been going to the TSO - second season now and found a superb Tapas restaurant on Stone. We've Bern in the low 70s for much of this month - good times.

So does Mrs. Quill know who is in charge now? I need to complain to someone about the price of bagels there when I went on a trip last August.....bloody outrageous. Still we left on time so miracles do happen Smile
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:33 pm

Amazing photo! I understand that it gets struck by lightening often though.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down