NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

True words

+11
magica
JulesV
Ben Reilly
Andy
nicko
'Wolfie
stardesk
veya_victaous
Syl
Raggamuffin
eddie
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

True words  Empty True words

Post by eddie Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:55 pm

True words  Img_5539
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

True words  Empty Re: True words

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:55 pm

Rolling Eyes

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:59 pm

eddie wrote:True words  Img_5539

Have to say, don't think anyone of any religion has the right to claim they follow that religion, if both their words and actions and their views towards others are not cognizant with the teachings of that religion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:04 pm

They have the right to do what they like. Atheists love to tell religious people they shouldn't be religious. Perhaps they should be nicer in order to show that being an atheist is sooooooo marvellous.

This is just another thread criticising religious people, thinly disguised as a "thought of the day" type of post. I don't why you people can't leave it alone.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:06 pm

What are you talking about?   I don't object to people being religious.   I absolutely object to people SAYING they are religious when every they do and say shows they are the exact opposite.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:08 pm

sassy wrote:What are you talking about?   I don't object to people being religious.   I absolutely object to people SAYING they are religious when every they do and say shows they are the exact opposite.

They have the right to say what they like. why can't you just leave them alone? Unless they're trying to pester you into having faith, it's not your business.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:08 pm

My daughter is very religious.   I have great admiration for her, because she lives her religion and spends her life trying to make the world a better place and doing everything she can to help people she knows need help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:What are you talking about?   I don't object to people being religious.   I absolutely object to people SAYING they are religious when every they do and say shows they are the exact opposite.

They have the right to say what they like. why can't you just leave them alone? Unless they're trying to pester you into having faith, it's not your business.

Because normally they use their so called religion, which they actually don't have, to cover up being really nasty.   They don't have a right to claim they follow a religion and not follow it, that is an insult to people who do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:10 pm

sassy wrote:My daughter is very religious.   I have great admiration for her, because she lives her religion and spends her life trying to make the world a better place and doing everything she can to help people she knows need help.

Well maybe other people don't need your admiration. Just leave them alone - their faith is their own business.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:10 pm

sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Because normally they use their so called religion, which they actually don't have, to cover up being really nasty.   They don't have a right to claim they follow a religion and not follow it, that is an insult to people who do.

Yes they do have the right - it's not for you to say what "right" they have or don't have.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:11 pm

Nope, it's a distortion of a faith and an insult to those who really follow it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:12 pm

sassy wrote:Nope, it's a distortion of a faith and an insult to those who really follow it.

Well if you don't like it, that's just tough because you don't get to decide what people can say.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:17 pm

Well if you don't like me saying it, that's just tough, because people who do follow the religion properly have a right to tell those that use it as a cover to fuck off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:19 pm

sassy wrote:Well if you don't like me saying it, that's just tough, because people who do follow the religion properly have a right to tell those that use it as a cover to fuck off.

That's not very nice is it? Cool
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:23 pm

It's the truth.   Would you be happy if someone shot people and said they were doing it for Christianity.   You'd say they weren't really a Christian because they were not following Christ's teachings.   Well, the Christians I know, and I know a lot, are good, kind, helpful, thoughtful people who do amazing work.   They have the right to tell people who go round judging those in a worse position to themselves and turning their back on them, not real Christians, because that is not what is taught in Christianity.   Same applies to all other religions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:41 pm

Well I don't follow any particular religion but I do remember one quote that said ...let he that is without sin cast the first stone....I think there is a message in there somewhere.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:48 pm

True words  Fe6066490a7d2a4c11e34759c9e57628

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:48 pm

Same sort of message.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:49 pm

It's interesting how this thread is all about Christians. Eddie didn't specify that in her first post.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:50 pm

Syl wrote:Well I don't follow any particular religion but I do remember one quote that said ...let he that is without sin cast the first stone....I think there is a message in there somewhere.

That would include a certain person who Sassy admires then, and herself.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:53 pm

@ OP

True words  3201073460 PFFFFFT

What are such things to Chaos Reigning Serpent gods?
Or to ragg's merciless god of lies and deceit?

why is their amusement not enough for you?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:54 pm

I see a lot of judgmental people on forums....a lot more than in real life.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:55 pm

True words  109952_story__6

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:41 am

[quote="Raggamuffin"]They have the right to do what they like. Atheists love to tell religious people they shouldn't be religious. Perhaps they should be nicer in order to show that being an atheist is sooooooo marvellous.

This is just another thread criticising religious people, thinly disguised as a "thought of the day" type of post. I don't why you people can't leave it alone. [/quote
----------------------------------------------------------
Raggy my friend, do you honestly believe that all Atheists are as bad as you hint at? No we're not! I no longer believe in a God but that hasn't mad me bad or evil, I try to be kind and helpful, to family, friends and neighbours. Most Atheists are the same, failing to be so would throw communities into chaos and that's not the case.
Be realistic and not blinkered by your faith.

PS: I can't help saying you religious people believe in just one more god in a multitude of gods and goddesses. Study mythology and you'll see what I mean. Study the catastophes that have killed millions of people which will demonstrate just how incompetent was Jehovah. I could give you the figures if any of you wish.

Coffe pot calls. Bye for now.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:27 am

grin angel

RAGGAMUFFIN is just having a hard time of it,  because she has so much difficulty trying to live up to some of the true central tenets of being a genuine and caring Christian...

Such things as compassion, modesty, honesty, charity, speaking up for the underdog, opposing the cruel and the unjust..

It must truly conflict Raggamuffin every time she visits this forum, to find herself alternating between cheering on Major Pain's latest racist/fascist/ xenophobic rant, and then attempting to remind all and sundry what a good and caring little soul she really is at heart.

Should feel sorry for the poor li'l diddums, I s'pose..  But then again...        True words  2190311264
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:45 am

Hi Wolfie, you may be right there. Just for the hell of it here are some figures:

GRAND DISASTER TOTALS

Just to underline my first comment in this topic, here are some figures of fatalities through natural disasters, gleaned from historical records going back 2,000 years, and not including the 20th. century, of which there have been many more thousands of fatalities.

BTW, was God lounging in his armchair with a cute little Angel on his lap, when a large Asteroid slammed into the planet, killiing off the Dinosaur age?

BIG FREEZE (Europe): 200,000
CYCLONE, TYPHOON, HURRICANE, TORNADO: 65,012,500
DROUGHT & FAMINE: 30,833,000
EARTHQUAKES: 7,316,400
PLAGUES & DISEASE: 222,413,000
VOLCANO: 458,400
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:11 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:grin angel

RAGGAMUFFIN is just having a hard time of it,  because she has so much difficulty trying to live up to some of the true central tenets of being a genuine and caring Christian...

Such things as compassion, modesty, honesty, charity, speaking up for the underdog, opposing the cruel and the unjust..

It must truly conflict Raggamuffin every time she visits this forum, to find herself alternating between cheering on Major Pain's latest racist/fascist/ xenophobic rant, and then attempting to remind all and sundry what a good and caring little soul she really is at heart.

Should feel sorry for the poor li'l diddums, I s'pose..  But then again...        True words  2190311264

Do you ever log in and actually make a post about the topic rather than the poster? Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:47 pm

Hang on! I don't remember "bashing" anyone's religion - in fact I actively support people if they want to be religious - and this thread isn't about aimed at only Christians.

I saw it and thought "that's true" so I posted it up.

Has this forum become a place where we can't start a thread for fear of treading on someone's feelings?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:56 pm

eddie wrote:Hang on! I don't remember "bashing" anyone's religion - in fact I actively support people if they want to be religious - and this thread isn't about aimed at only Christians.

Has this forum become a place where we can't start a thread for fear of treading on someone's feelings?

It has a bit. Shocked
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:17 pm

We don't want it full of "yes" men[or Women] do we?
Or do we?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:26 pm

Has Fred Threadlock woken up?
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:28 pm

nicko wrote:We don't want it full of "yes" men[or Women] do we?
Or do we?

No.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:38 pm

Because - BECAUSE ...this community has a 'self-proclaimed' Religious Fanatic that will troll the entire community just looking for anything to get her angelic wings bent out of shape about! 
And then she'll whine/stamp her foot until a title is changed/modified to her specifications - the intent of anyone's opinions are justified to her ninth degree of comprehension {however off skewed it was to begin with} and then flounce off as if she is the community Religious Leader with GOD'S directive firmly in place and adjudicated to what GOD WOULD WANT!  Evil or Very Mad
Mean while she's been ever so busy 'parachuting' into any and every topic thread just to deliver several of her very own - Very UnChrist Like Mental Dribbles and calling other members really horrid curse word names - names that even her butt buddy Major finds offensive!  Suspect  
But that's just how she's allowed to roll Twisted Evil  
True words  371740092     Never treated to the LF's Hammer of Justice, always seems to be ignored by the mods in general - has even taunted him to "just ban me/slam me into the basement, I dare you" and that didn't even slow her down!  True words  2035286543  first is the way things swing around here! 
But that's just my OPINION of the reading material that she's supplied, now and in her archives! True words  2088947957
For the many of us that have tolerated the 'FAKE FAITHFUL' and their continued hypocritical behavior; I find such quotes and lovely topics set up for humor that Ben had started ...we posted a huge number of really meaningful POV regarding how hypocritical Religion has been - Still IS throughout our history!   G'Day

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:45 pm

Don't knock religion 4ever.
Only last week I grunted "Oh God, I'm coming"
Mrs A replied  Oh God that was good"
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:49 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Don't knock religion 4ever.

True words  2787774761   Was that her Christmas gift???    True words  2089010162   Embarassed  

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:33 pm

(That time Raggamuffin stringently defended the right of religious people to be total dickwads)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:56 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Handy Andy wrote:Don't knock religion 4ever.

True words  2787774761   Was that her Christmas gift???    True words  2089010162   Embarassed  
Oh yes, she was singing "Oh come, all ye faithfull"at the time.
She had to be obeyed.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:56 pm

eddie wrote:
Or do we?

No.

No .... um Yes ...um .. um ..... not sure really ... True words  Icon_scratch

Reminds me of one of my favourite shows >
True words  E1220EA6-5E05-41D9-8F10-34606C8BEEF1_zpsx1ma9xwp

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:43 pm

eddie wrote:
Or do we?

No.

Seconded.....and if it ever became one I think people would find somewhere else to post.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:33 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:grin angel

Nobody could accuse you of being genuine and caring. All you do all day is abuse people. I feel a bit sorry for you sometimes.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:35 pm

eddie wrote:Hang on! I don't remember "bashing" anyone's religion - in fact I actively support people if they want to be religious - and this thread isn't about aimed at only Christians.

It's become a place where most members seem to have an ulterior motive for posting what they do, including you.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:37 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Because - BECAUSE ...this community has a 'self-proclaimed' Religious Fanatic that will troll the entire community just looking for anything to get her angelic wings bent out of shape about! 
And then she'll whine/stamp her foot until a title is changed/modified to her specifications - the intent of anyone's opinions are justified to her ninth degree of comprehension {however off skewed it was to begin with} and then flounce off as if she is the community Religious Leader with GOD'S directive firmly in place and adjudicated to what GOD WOULD WANT!  Evil or Very Mad
Mean while she's been ever so busy 'parachuting' into any and every topic thread just to deliver several of her very own - Very UnChrist Like Mental Dribbles and calling other members really horrid curse word names - names that even her butt buddy Major finds offensive!  Suspect  
But that's just how she's allowed to roll Twisted Evil  
True words  371740092     Never treated to the LF's Hammer of Justice, always seems to be ignored by the mods in general - has even taunted him to "just ban me/slam me into the basement, I dare you" and that didn't even slow her down!  True words  2035286543  first is the way things swing around here! 
But that's just my OPINION of the reading material that she's supplied, now and in her archives! True words  2088947957
For the many of us that have tolerated the 'FAKE FAITHFUL' and their continued hypocritical behavior; I find such quotes and lovely topics set up for humor that Ben had started ...we posted a huge number of really meaningful POV regarding how hypocritical Religion has been - Still IS throughout our history!   G'Day

Do you ever stop whining about other people?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:41 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

It's become a place where most members seem to have an ulterior motive for posting what they do, including you.

I dont believe this thread was started with that intention, but when certain other people with raging agendas pile in and mention your name it then becomes about you, but that doesn't mean the original intent was to make it so.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:41 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:(That time Raggamuffin stringently defended the right of religious people to be total dickwads)

Which time?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:44 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I dont believe this thread was started with that intention,  but  when certain  other people with raging agendas pile in and mention your name it then becomes about you, but that doesn't mean the original intent was to make it so.

I think eddie knows what she's doing, and she knows what will be said in this kind of thread. She's been here long enough, and she's seen how it works here plenty of times.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:58 pm

stardesk wrote:
Raggy my friend, do you honestly believe that all Atheists are as bad as you hint at? No we're not! I no longer believe in a God but that hasn't mad me bad or evil, I try to be kind and helpful, to family, friends and neighbours. Most Atheists are the same, failing to be so would throw communities into chaos and that's not the case.
Be realistic and not blinkered by your faith.

PS: I can't help saying you religious people believe in just one more god in a multitude of gods and goddesses. Study mythology and you'll see what I mean. Study the catastophes that have killed millions of people which will demonstrate just how incompetent was Jehovah. I could give you the figures if any of you wish.

Coffe pot calls. Bye for now.

Not all atheists, but this thread is a fine example of how nasty some of them are, and how they think they're better than those who have religious faith.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:17 pm

Rags has the right to believe in what she wants. If God is her thing, then so be it, who are we to say it isn't so?

I believe in the Spiritual way of life combined with a Pagan belief. I'm not saying its for everyone, but it works for me.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:19 pm

sassy wrote:It's the truth.   Would you be happy if someone shot people and said they were doing it for Christianity.   You'd say they weren't really a Christian because they were not following Christ's teachings.   Well, the Christians I know, and I know a lot, are good, kind, helpful, thoughtful people who do amazing work.   They have the right to tell people who go round judging those in a worse position to themselves and turning their back on them, not real Christians, because that is not what is taught in Christianity.   Same applies to all other religions.

No, I wouldn't say that. I think we've had this kind of conversation before actually. I might not like their interpretation, or their behaviour, and I might say they weren't speaking for other Christians, but I wouldn't tell them they weren't Christians.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:20 pm

magica wrote:Rags has the right to believe in what she wants.  If God is her thing, then so be it, who are we to say it isn't so?

I believe in the Spiritual way of life combined with a Pagan belief.   I'm not saying its for everyone, but it works for me.

Thank you Mags.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:29 pm

I don't really believe in a God....I would like to think we are all reincarnated in some way ...and I doubt a God would like that much.

I agree with Mags though. People should be entitled to believe in whatever they choose without ridicule. Of course on forums that wont happen....religion is just another stick to beat someone with...sad really.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next