NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump's breaking promises to supporters and they're pissed

5 posters

Go down

Trump's breaking promises to supporters and they're pissed Empty Trump's breaking promises to supporters and they're pissed

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:41 pm

President-elect Donald Trump isn’t an ideologue. He’s a salesman who seeks approval from whoever he’s pitching. How can you tell? Well, to win the presidency, Trump energized a base of voters that felt ignored by Hillary Clinton. His supporters rallied behind the tentpole policies of his pledge to “Make America Great Again,” which included some ancillary promises, like putting Hillary Clinton in jail.

But today, he seemed to change his tune. He met with executives and editorial staff from the New York Times, which was live tweeted by several of the journalists present. But much of what he told the Times today as president-elect sounds dramatically different from what he’s been telling ordinary Americans for the past 18 months. For instance:

(Paraphrased): Jailing Clinton, pulling out of the Paris climate treaty, disavowing the white-nationalist "alt-right," *still* thinking we should get rid of the Electoral College even though it got him in, and making it easier to sue media outlets for libel (someone told him it would apply to him as well!).

http://qz.com/844011/trump-just-betrayed-several-major-campaign-promises-in-his-meeting-with-the-new-york-times/

He's already backed way off on deporting all illegal immigrants, banning Muslims and building a wall along the Mexican border.

Trumpies are not happy:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/22/us/politics/donald-trump-transition.html

SO it turns out the reason that we on the left have been calling Trump supporters stupid is ... because Trump supporters are stupid.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Trump's breaking promises to supporters and they're pissed Empty Re: Trump's breaking promises to supporters and they're pissed

Post by eddie Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:56 pm

Good. If the Trumpies aren't happy then it means better news for the anti-Trumpies.....Right?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Trump's breaking promises to supporters and they're pissed Empty Re: Trump's breaking promises to supporters and they're pissed

Post by Miffs2 Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:00 pm

I have to say I was very amused at him recommending Nigel Farage for US ambassador. In a tweet too, excellent
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:02 pm

Miffs2 wrote:I have to say I was very amused at him recommending Nigel Farage for US ambassador. In a tweet too, excellent

Incredibly presidential of him. I'd rather see Sarah Palin as the next POTUS.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:05 pm

Yeah, Bae-Bae wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:I have to say I was very amused at him recommending Nigel Farage for US ambassador. In a tweet too, excellent

Incredibly presidential of him. I'd rather see Sarah Palin as the next POTUS.

Multiple cases of the vapours all round the HoC Sad
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:00 pm

Trump's breaking promises to supporters and they're pissed JymOb6f
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:14 pm

Trump's breaking promises to supporters and they're pissed Latest?cb=20100523172400
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:43 am

It's gonna be a long 4 years ...

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down