NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Bias: Is this a case of The Truth Hurts

+3
veya_victaous
Ben Reilly
Original Quill
7 posters

Go down

Media Bias: Is this a case of The Truth Hurts Empty Media Bias: Is this a case of The Truth Hurts

Post by Original Quill Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:46 pm

You remember Ms. Kelly, the one that during the first primary debate Donald Trump said was having her period, now dukes it out with former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.  Gingrich accuses her of being obsessed with sex, but he's the one who's life is caught up in serial polygamy

Now get this: What the RW'r is saying is that the media should not look over here, they should look over there? Is this not what we've heard from conservatives for eons?

I've said this before, in my book Why Elephants Lie. Conservatives are for special interests, liberals are for the common interest. Now, in order to be competitive in the political game--ie, get votes--conservatives must hide the fact that they are against the public interest. Hiding the fact is a form of deception, hence Why Elephants Lie.

So, what do we see the conservative saying rather forcefully here? “Don’t tell on us!!” Criticizing the media is simply another way of hiding the truth from the public…it is poignant that it happens during an election, when votes are at issue.

It's amazing how close to the fire these guys are willing to get. Aren't they afraid their Saran Wrap will melt? The media is facts and discussion, no more. Indeed, this happens on Faux News, a RW outlet! It's significant that Trump and company go after the media...any media, because what they are really criticizing are the eyes and ears of the public. The media is the competitor to their own attempt to spin away from truth.

Look over there, not over here!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Media Bias: Is this a case of The Truth Hurts Empty Re: Media Bias: Is this a case of The Truth Hurts

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:24 pm

Interesting idea. In Chris Mooney's book The Republican Brain, he theorizes (backed with ample evidence) that one of the overriding urges of conservatives is to place themselves in a lofty position within a glorious narrative. You see evidence of this in everything from the idolization of Ronald Reagan to ret-conning George Washington's biography to make him a devoted Christian who began every day on his knees in solemn prayer: http://thehumanist.com/news/religion/george-washington-never-wrote-that-jesus-prayer

You can even see it on this site, how British conservatives bristle at the suggestion that the British Empire wasn't as glorious as they want to believe it was.

This need to be in charge of the national narrative might very well be the biggest reason that conservatives accuse the media, the biggest challenger to their hegemony over the story of America, as being "liberal."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Media Bias: Is this a case of The Truth Hurts Empty Re: Media Bias: Is this a case of The Truth Hurts

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:26 pm

Oh, it might also explain why they're so emotionally opposed to the theory of evolution and the idea that humans and modern apes evolved from a common ancestor. That's not nearly as lofty an origin story as those found in religions.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:28 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Interesting idea. In Chris Mooney's book The Republican Brain, he theorizes (backed with ample evidence) that one of the overriding urges of conservatives is to place themselves in a lofty position within a glorious narrative. You see evidence of this in everything from the idolization of Ronald Reagan to ret-conning George Washington's biography to make him a devoted Christian who began every day on his knees in solemn prayer: http://thehumanist.com/news/religion/george-washington-never-wrote-that-jesus-prayer

You can even see it on this site, how British conservatives bristle at the suggestion that the British Empire wasn't as glorious as they want to believe it was.

This need to be in charge of the national narrative might very well be the biggest reason that conservatives accuse the media, the biggest challenger to their hegemony over the story of America, as being "liberal."

You got that right!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:54 am

I agree with the assessment
Media Bias: Is this a case of The Truth Hurts 3489511464 Media Bias: Is this a case of The Truth Hurts 3489511464 Media Bias: Is this a case of The Truth Hurts 3489511464

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:49 am

Razz

Yep  !!!

Too true, that..

To your typical "conservative",  the truth isn't simply 'another country' --  but rather, a whole different planet  !               cyclops
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:35 pm

Original Quill wrote:You remember Ms. Kelly, the one that during the first primary debate Donald Trump said was having her period, now dukes it out with former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.  Gingrich accuses her of being obsessed with sex, but he's the one who's life is caught up in serial polygamy

Now get this: What the RW'r is saying is that the media should not look over here, they should look over there?  Is this not what we've heard from conservatives for eons?

I've said this before, in my book Why Elephants Lie.  Conservatives are for special interests, liberals are for the common interest.  Now, in order to be competitive in the political game--ie, get votes--conservatives must hide the fact that they are against the public interest.  Hiding the fact is a form of deception, hence Why Elephants Lie.

So, what do we see the conservative saying rather forcefully here?  “Don’t tell on us!!”  Criticizing the media is simply another way of hiding the truth from the public…it is poignant that it happens during an election, when votes are at issue.

It's amazing how close to the fire these guys are willing to get.  Aren't they afraid their Saran Wrap will melt?  The media is facts and discussion, no more.  Indeed, this happens on Faux News, a RW outlet!  It's significant that Trump and company go after the media...any media, because what they are really criticizing are the eyes and ears of the public.  The media is the competitor to their own attempt to spin away from truth.

Look over there, not over here!

She stood her ground didn't she, feisty lil terrier! She's really good at her job.  Awesome lady. Media Bias: Is this a case of The Truth Hurts 1716015268

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:52 pm

Who, Megyn Kelly?  She's my new hero, right up there with Wendy Davis.

Megyn has an uncommon knack for sticking to the point.  She's like a bull dog. Notice, she won't be distracted by Gingrich's feint to Bill Clinton.  She knows her aim is the rights of women, and she won't give it up.

Gingrich has had three wives, all by way of extra-marital leaps in bed, and was removed as Speaker largely due to an ethics violation.  He was followed in the Speaker of the House position by a paedophile, Dennis Hastert, who was sentenced to prison by a Federal Judge.

You'd think Gingrich would be embarrassed to talk of sex and such lascivious matters.  But sensitivity and self-awareness is not a part of the conservative arsenal.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:16 pm

At least we dont have media bias here in the UK.
We have News Intl. with he Scum and Sky.
Dacre with the Daily Fail and Desmond's Express. Neutral as can be.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:48 pm

Handy Andy wrote:At least we dont have media bias here in the UK.
We have News Intl. with he Scum and Sky.
Dacre with the Daily Fail and Desmond's Express. Neutral as can be.

I know. It's supposed to balance out. We have MSNBC and they have Faux News.

But Trump is a special case. He's such a liar, even self-deception is in his arsenal. And his surrogates (like Gingrich) go along with it, I guess because he is so rich and powerful. He gets into it with Chris Matthews over tax plans, but he gets into it with Megyn Kelly over treatment of women. Ya really gotta work to offend both sides, but he does it well.

Trump has special media problems.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:52 pm

Trump is committing both political and media suicide.
Can I say that without Foul  climbing all over my post saying I wanted him to die?
It seems unambiguous to an educated mind.
Hope it does to those who watch me.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:27 pm

I only watch Fux, I like their bias - and the wonderful Stepfords that present it.

(Once, many moons ago, I tripped a channel like that). Media Bias: Is this a case of The Truth Hurts 2187004795

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:32 pm

Ziz wrote:I only watch Fux, I like their bias - and the wonderful Stepfords that present it.

(Once, many moons ago, I tripped a channel like that). Media Bias: Is this a case of The Truth Hurts 2187004795

Faux News is good to watch if you want to get the jump on the competition. Watching them, you can see the next lie coming, and work ahead on the answer.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:35 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ziz wrote:I only watch Fux, I like their bias - and the wonderful Stepfords that present it.

Faux News is good to watch if you want to get the jump on the competition.  Watching them, you can see the next lie coming, and work ahead on the answer.

I'm simply a fan of the surreal and the absurd - Fux is bollox made into an artform.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:58 pm

There are some on here who use Faux News as a source of their facts.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:20 pm

Handy Andy wrote:There are some on here who use Faux News as a source of their facts.

Or worse. I know what's-his-name used to use Breitbart.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:27 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Handy Andy wrote:There are some on here who use Faux News as a source of their facts.

Or worse.  I know what's-his-name used to use Breitbart.
And even naziparty.com
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:33 pm

Ooooh now who can you be talking about you two old ladies?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:43 pm

eddie wrote:Ooooh now who can you be talking about you two old ladies?

I've forgotten his name. I was racking my brain before I posted with a generic reference. I remember he is Irish/Maltese, and he had a Mediterranean short temper. Oh...was it didge?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:05 am

clown

NEWT GINGRICH has been exposed as the typical spoilt and useless rich kid conservative misogynist bullboy punk...

Not a skerrick of brain matter between his ears..

Doubtless his daddy bought him a place through an Ivy League uni' ?
Manufactured an easy-run military/ national guard service?
Payed for his society connections..

Three trophy/handbag wives --  so we know he was a serial failure in that department -- much like his idol Trump..

No doubt his family connections also bought him his positions in business and politics ?  As he has clearly shown less_than_zero qualities, skills or aptitude over the past few decades..       Media Bias: Is this a case of The Truth Hurts 3893789544
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down