NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Republican Congressman says anti-abortion legislation would create jobs

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Republican Congressman says anti-abortion legislation would create jobs - Page 2 Empty Republican Congressman says anti-abortion legislation would create jobs

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:24 am

First topic message reminder :

Democratic opponents of a new anti-abortion bill moving through the House of Representatives criticized Republicans on Wednesday for fast-tracking a socially divisive piece of legislation that "does not create a single job." But Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) said that he believes legislating against abortion does, in fact, create jobs.

"I would suggest that it is very much the case that those of us in the majority support this legislation because it is the morally right thing to do, but it is also very very true that having a growing population and having new children brought into the world is not harmful to job creation," Goodlatte said at the committee mark-up of the bill. "It very much promotes job creation for all the care and services and so on that need to be provided by a lot of people to raise children."

Conventional wisdom does not support the idea that abortion restrictions boost the economy. In fact, the Congressional Budget Office estimated that an anti-abortion bill passed by the House last summer, a ban on abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy, would cost the federal government $225 million in Medicaid spending over the next decade.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/15/bob-goodlatte-abortion-jobs_n_4604169.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Republican Congressman says anti-abortion legislation would create jobs - Page 2 Empty Re: Republican Congressman says anti-abortion legislation would create jobs

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:23 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Queen Of Hearts wrote:

Maybe so but some people have a habit of blindly accepting something that helps their argument, don't they?

Yes, Fox News viewers spring immediately to mind.
Fox news is fucking shit.
Still though people like that are not unique to any particular political leaning/ideology

Back to top Go down

Republican Congressman says anti-abortion legislation would create jobs - Page 2 Empty Re: Republican Congressman says anti-abortion legislation would create jobs

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:30 pm

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:@QoH
One Person cannot 'make' science,
it NEEDS to be PEER REVIEWED, unlike religious nonsense.
You need Multiple people to produce EVIDENCE that something is indeed the case. and that evidence need to be such, that anyone else with the competencies (Chemistry, Physic etc) can repeat what you did and get the same or at least very similar result.

You are just trolling Because you are not Even trying to educate yourself on the Basics of Science, I have read the Bible, Koran and Multiple Buddhist Hindu and Taoist texts. Even if you don't believe in something if you want to argue about it, at least educate yourself before you open your mouth.

And Scientists are NOT LIKE PRIESTS!!! you don’t have to agree with all of them and they don't even all have to agree with each other because there are areas of debate. No One is Science is Going 'here is book of ALL KNOWLEDGE nothing else can or needs to be learnt' Science is Far more like Buddhism than any of the Monotheist tripe, the eternal Struggle for Knowledge and Enlightenment. The Difference is Science also want Mathematical proof.

Yes yes yes, because I point out that mistakes and corruption exist within the scientific community that surely must mean I don't know about science and think it's similar to religious dogma.

Fucking quality post.
I'm not arguing about the legitimacy of science and I never was.

THAN What is your POINT!!!! do you agree with Science and 1st trimester abortions are not killing something or do you side with the religitards and believe a lump of cells with the sentience of a tumour should be granted human rights???

I just tried to point out that sometimes mistakes are made, sometimes scientists are commissioned by corporations to conduct tests with the intention of getting a certain result from the start and so on.
a Scientist makes a mistake, Science Peer Reviews it to correct mistakes. You are doing the same ignorant TROLL rubbish that Climate deniers are doing, pretending there is debate when there is not. Making it sound like there is still 50/50 that it could be wrong, when really we are 99.9% sure.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2