NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Health bosses climb down over plan to ban fat patients and smokers from nearly ALL operations in 'the m

+6
Ben Reilly
Major
Tommy Monk
eddie
Syl
HoratioTarr
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Health bosses climb down over plan to ban fat patients and smokers from nearly ALL operations in 'the m - Page 2 Empty Health bosses climb down over plan to ban fat patients and smokers from nearly ALL operations in 'the m

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

Obese people and smokers are set to be refused NHS operations, health chiefs have warned - with one trust already barring them from most forms of surgery.
The decision by North Yorkshire hospital bosses to halt operations on people with a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or above has been described as the 'most severe the modern NHS has ever seen' by the Royal College of Surgeons.
The restrictions introduced by the the Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) mean obese people and smokers will not be eligible for routine hip and knee operations for up to a year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3771997/Obese-patients-smokers-barred-nearly-operations-severe-policy-modern-NHS-seen.html

Health bosses climb down over plan to ban fat patients and smokers from nearly ALL operations in 'the most severe policy the modern NHS has seen'
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Health bosses climb down over plan to ban fat patients and smokers from nearly ALL operations in 'the m - Page 2 Empty Re: Health bosses climb down over plan to ban fat patients and smokers from nearly ALL operations in 'the m

Post by eddie Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:50 pm

magica wrote:I think that those who paid into the system should be able to have treatment, whether smoker, fat, drinker or druggie. They are entitled to it. Didn't pay in should get nothing or minimal help.

I agree to an extent. I think there should be money set aside for extenuating circumstances - like life and death emergencies.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Health bosses climb down over plan to ban fat patients and smokers from nearly ALL operations in 'the m - Page 2 Empty Re: Health bosses climb down over plan to ban fat patients and smokers from nearly ALL operations in 'the m

Post by magica Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:48 pm

Yes I agree. I would hate to see anyone suffer needlessly.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:49 pm

magica wrote:Yes I agree. I would hate to see anyone suffer needlessly.

The op is suggesting British people should suffer withdrawal of treatment because of lack of funds...

I'm saying that funds are available for British people... but what needs to stop is the misuse of funds in paying for treatments of people who are not entitled to use our NHS...!

I've also highlighted the enormous cost of diabetes treatment being about £10 billion (10% of nhs budget) a year, when it is said that 90% of cases are curable by people just eating less sugar, improving overall diet and doing more exercise!

Nhs bureaucracy is also a huge cost... and the costs in paying for labours dodgy PFI deals are also a massive drain on the budget.

And I posted this story earlier...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nhs-trust-admits-creating-240k-8783102

We need to get rid of the expensive and unnecessary bureaucrats out of the system!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:54 pm

But who would you define as people not being entitled to use the NHS.

If it goes off NI contributions, what about women who have brought up children or cared for relatives instead of going out to work?

Or people who have been bred and born here and scrounged off the state all their lives?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:16 pm

British nationals are entitled.

Foreign nationals are not... just like we are not entitled to use any of their health care systems for free!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:18 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Foreign nationals are not... just like we are not entitled to use any of their health care systems for free!

That's true, when I was ill abroad we had to pay for the doctor to visit and treat me. If we had no money, he wouldn't treat me. We should adopt this here. Thing is, we wouldn't let anyone suffer.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:28 pm

But paying for others means British people are denied treatments...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:31 pm

Y'all remind me of this:

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:34 pm

Who's "y'all"? I never said we shouldn't treat anybody pfffff.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:16 am

eddie wrote:Who's "y'all"? I never said we shouldn't treat anybody pfffff.

"Y'al" means "all o' y'all," sock nazi. Nah, just kidding, but let me explain.

We used to hear all this bullshit in the U.S. about how the UK was so civilized, they'd never think of treating people in that glorified bastion of goodness the way some of we lowly Yanks advocate for.

And then this forum comes along, and Phil comes along, inviting his horde, and I get to see that a lot of you are just as bloodthirsty, barbaric and stupid as good ol' good-ol'-boy redneck piece of shit Rick Perry.

And let me tell you, that makes me happy, in a weird way. I will never think of Britain as a bastion of civilization again.

You're just as fucked-up as we are.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:20 am

No idea how the title of this topic got changed, btw.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:36 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:Who's "y'all"? I never said we shouldn't treat anybody pfffff.

"Y'al" means "all o' y'all," sock nazi. Nah, just kidding, but let me explain.

We used to hear all this bullshit in the U.S. about how the UK was so civilized, they'd never think of treating people in that glorified bastion of goodness the way some of we lowly Yanks advocate for.

And then this forum comes along, and Phil comes along, inviting his horde, and I get to see that a lot of you are just as bloodthirsty, barbaric and stupid as good ol' good-ol'-boy redneck piece of shit Rick Perry.

And let me tell you, that makes me happy, in a weird way. I will never think of Britain as a bastion of civilization again.

You're just as fucked-up as we are.

Me? Fucked up?? Hell yeah cheers
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:31 am

personally I dont see how the ban should apply to smokers.......

they pay far more in taxes than they cost the NHS in treatments....

so if you are arguing on a "who paid in " platform THEY should get priority in fact....... Health bosses climb down over plan to ban fat patients and smokers from nearly ALL operations in 'the m - Page 2 2190311264
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:46 am

Ben Reilly wrote:No idea how the title of this topic got changed, btw.

I amended the title as I didn't feel 'U' said much.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:49 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

In my experience the EU provided medical care for Brits abroad. I was in Spain for 3 weeks in January, I had a bad chest infection and suddenly seemed to be suffering from asthma, something I have never had before.
I was seen by a Dr on the same day I asked, given over £50 worth of medication (it was all priced) when I took the prescription to the chemist I was charged around £6....which is a lot cheaper than a prescription here.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:36 pm

I got fantastic care in Bulgaria when I fell and broke and dislocated my fingers. I was taken to a private hospital and had an operation etc
I got treated really well.

Last edited by eddie on Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:38 pm

Who paid for it...?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:30 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Who paid for it...?

My insurance covered some of it but not all. I had to stay overnight and have my wound dressed every other day at the local clinic.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:35 pm

And if you had no insurance... you would have had to pay for it all...?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:53 pm

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

In my experience the EU provided medical care for Brits abroad. I was in Spain for 3 weeks in January, I had a bad chest infection and suddenly seemed to be suffering from asthma, something I have never had before.
I was seen by a Dr on the same day I asked, given over £50 worth of medication (it was all priced) when I took the prescription to the chemist I was charged around £6....which is a lot cheaper than a prescription here.

you've got a bad chest because where you live is the second most polluted city in the uk.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:32 am

HoratioTarr wrote:Obese people and smokers are set to be refused NHS operations, health chiefs have warned - with one trust already barring them from most forms of surgery.
The decision by North Yorkshire hospital bosses to halt operations on people with a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or above has been described as the 'most severe the modern NHS has ever seen' by the Royal College of Surgeons.
The restrictions introduced by the the Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) mean obese people and smokers will not be eligible for routine hip and knee operations for up to a year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3771997/Obese-patients-smokers-barred-nearly-operations-severe-policy-modern-NHS-seen.html

Health bosses climb down over plan to ban fat patients and smokers from nearly ALL operations in 'the most severe policy the modern NHS has seen'
there may be a clinical reason why they may be put on hold, weight has a bearing in how well the hip and knee replacements work.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:23 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

you've got a bad chest because where you live is the second most polluted city in the uk.

I don't normally have trouble...I actually live amongst green fields now and have done for years. tongue
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2