NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Songs that remind you of a person, a place or a time

+7
'Wolfie
veya_victaous
Original Quill
Syl
Ben Reilly
nicko
eddie
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Songs that remind you of a person, a place or a time Empty Songs that remind you of a person, a place or a time

Post by eddie Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:49 pm

Only personal songs please. We can call it our own personal collection.   Add a memory, or a photo or a simple word that means something to you....or say nothing at all.

I'll start with this because it's my current favourite and I'm listening to it now.... It just hit a chord with me the very first time I heard it.

It's for me and my fellow Vedder fan. Thanks for finding it.

Last edited by eddie on Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Songs that remind you of a person, a place or a time Empty Re: Songs that remind you of a person, a place or a time

Post by eddie Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:54 pm

Eddie Vedder again.
This has a story to it...sounds a little like a film lol and I've not told that many people.

When I was about 24 I met an Irish man who was simply delicious. He had been "dismissed from Ireland due to political reasons" - his words, I never got to the bottom of it. Anyway he was a bad boy but we had one long hot sexy summer together and this song reminds me of him; the dissident.

I ended it with him because I knew it wasn't going anywhere good and he was angry.... and although we lived a mile apart and knew some of the same people, we never saw eachother again.

Last edited by eddie on Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Songs that remind you of a person, a place or a time Empty Re: Songs that remind you of a person, a place or a time

Post by eddie Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:12 pm

And of course, one of my favourite French singers of the moment. Great song, great lyrics, tappy-toes

With English translation and sang live on a street, the good old-fashioned way

Hahahaha I wish I'd written it. Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:31 pm

And the theme tune to my 20's. Hazy days.

God what an hypnotically erotic tune

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:49 pm

And cos I'm a bad girl and I'm going out on a limb

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:57 am

Buddy Holly. Heartbeat, reminds me of my first love.

Sting, Fields of Gold, a short summer affair with a Farmers Daughter!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:02 am

The Stones, Paint It Black. Lying in stinking mud in Vietnam thinking,

WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING HERE!!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:53 pm

Nicko, do you want me to post the video links?

An affair with the farmers daughter eh?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:25 pm

I played this song to death for years

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:03 pm

Eddie, please post if you can.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:43 pm

nicko wrote:Buddy Holly.    Heartbeat,      reminds me of my first love.

Sting,   Fields of Gold,     a short summer affair with a Farmers Daughter!

Heartbeat

Fields of gold (brilliant song!)

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:46 pm

nicko wrote:The Stones,     Paint It Black.     Lying in stinking mud in Vietnam thinking,

WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING HERE!!!

Paint it black (the only stones song I like)

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:05 am

Both my grandfathers fought in WWII. I never knew either of them as well as I would have liked while they were alive, so this song reminds me of them and their courage, sacrifices, and the ultimate futility of all the hell they went through:

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:53 pm

When my OH and I met this along with "Me and Mrs Jones" was our tunes...they still make me feel all soft inside when I hear them.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:56 pm

eddie wrote:Only personal songs please. We can call it our own personal collection.   Add a memory, or a photo or a simple word that means something to you....or say nothing at all.

I'll start with this because it's my current favourite and I'm listening to it now.... It just hit a chord with me the very first time I heard it.

It's for me and my fellow Vedder fan. Thanks for finding it.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:19 pm

This song means a lot to me.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:24 pm

CANADA...so special.  Fell in love with a goofy-noofie (interp: girl from Newfoundland).  Spent the year touring the 4th-Dimension Clubs in western Canada from Thunder Bay (then it was two cities, called Ft. William and Port Arthur), to Winnipeg (along the Pembina Highway), Regina (greatest university town in Canada), Calgary, Banff (♪...think I'll go out to Alberta...) and Vancouver ('Vancity').

Home to LA...never heard from her again.

Canadians are the most beautiful people in the world.  They are the English, without the sins.  God love 'em, they are the most perfect people in the world. Their men love and protect their women, and their women love and support their men. It's beautiful.

Last edited by Original Quill on Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:57 am; edited 3 times in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:17 pm

My friend from Highschool, it was his favorite song
and First mosh pit we went into.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:11 pm

Texas

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:48 pm

Sting, "Fields of Gold" I was once in love with a Farmers Daughter !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:14 pm

My lovely dad makes me cry but still play it along with anything by Johnny Cash .

and this is me and grandsons song we sing while in the car he sits behind me and we sing along - touches my heart every time - he knows when I feel sad and he says ' nanna lets sing our song ' I love you

and on the video there is a cat smiling and he always say's 'nanna aww that little cat so cute ' and we have another song we sing together .

He is my sunshine xxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:36 pm

nicko wrote:Sting,   "Fields of Gold"  I was once in love with a Farmers Daughter !

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:43 pm

I was young, working in the Isle of Man. I had a crush on an Irish bouncer....didn't think he had noticed me, but one night he pressed a hand written poem into my hand.
The next day I was sat in a coffee bar overlooking the sea, and this song came on the jukebox just as I was reading his poem (for the 20th time)

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:46 pm

In memory of Nathan. This was one of his favorite songs when we were teens. Where we used to get into so much trouble in places like the "Son and Doves" in Denmark Hill, Camberwell. He hailed from Stoke. Sadly he died in a Motorbike accident when only 23. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:31 pm

Ha ha my grandson has been for a flying visit with his mum to bring some dvd's for tomorrow when I look after him while his mum is at a meeting and his dad at work .

He was reading this thread and we just sang the two songs I posted - but changed the words from sunshine to tickle ' please don't take my tickle away ' made my day that did xx

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:40 am

For you Tex

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:41 am

For you Brit Smile

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:10 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAjKZJarlwk

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:46 am

sunny

Autumn 1985, sharing a beach house on the Far North Coast, NSW :

https://youtu.be/0zdGaprNKZw
https://youtu.be/zlIXT0yhq5M
https://youtu.be/erSJGrpfnOI

Songs that remind you of a person, a place or a time 3068147984
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:54 am

For Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:59 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:07 am

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:56 pm

Thank you didge x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:57 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:For you Brit Smile

I love you
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:04 am

Tex, cos Strawberry Hill tings Cool

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:21 pm

Hey Tex, my dancing song!
Wanna see it again soon?
Razz

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:34 pm

Heck yeah.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:15 pm

'Flowers in the rain - The Move' - first day of a wonderful good few years of assorted music for everyone or just about.
'Paint it Black - Rolling Stones' my anti war protest years, so young and idealistic, such hope shining through for a better world.
'Fix you' - for dear friends who couldn't be fixed in the end.
Many more I'd really have to think about.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:51 am

I know I have played this song before, but think its very appropriatefor Ben and Eddie

I dedicate this to you both.

Oh and when ever I hear this, I think of Ben and have posted this before.

Enjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:10 am

This song always reminds me of Victor (Lord Foul)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:08 am

I like to think about little things that led you to major things, so this is right up my alley. This is for you, www.newsfixboard.com!

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:18 am

I Fucking love you. Songs that remind you of a person, a place or a time 1366281442
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:39 am

Apparently these lyrics are a bit hard to discern if you're not Texan, so I'm postin' 'em up ain't I?

And these old blue jeans may not look like much of anything
Kinda holey, torn and worn out in the seams
But they’re everything believe it or not
‘Cause they got the pocket that holds my old lucky key ring

[Chorus]
And this is the key that started the car that drove up the coast
To the little beach bar for me just to sing, to sing a few songs
Bringing the crowd and got them singing along
This is the old beat-up guitar that played a few tunes for the tips in a jar
That bought her the drink that got me that first dance
That started the talk, that led to the walk on the beach
That got me the kiss that got the girl

[Verse 2]
Well you never suspect, nope
How one by one by one them dots connect
Never know which domino's gonna domino next
What the heck , I just know it worked
She’s lookin’ pretty damn good runnin’ ‘round here
In my Pensicola Beach t-shirt

[Chorus]
And this is the key that started the car that drove up the coast
To the little beach bar for me just to sing, to sing a few songs
Bringing the crowd and got them singing along
This is the old beat up guitar that played a few tunes for the tips in a jar
Ooh, I wrote this, a little love song
Ooh I bet you know what I wrote it on

[Outro]
This is the key that started the car that drove to the coast to a little beach bar
For me just to sing, to sing to sing a few songs
They brought in the crowd and got them singing along
Yeah, I got the girl
I got that girl, I still got the girl
Still got them old movies too
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:41 am

eddie wrote:I Fucking love you. Songs that remind you of a person, a place or a time 1366281442

I fucking love you too lovey eyes
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:40 am

Meh...guess I'm old and sentimental. Laughing Only Cass and I could appreciate this.

Last edited by Original Quill on Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:20 am

Bump...for listening.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:24 pm

For you Texas boy.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:31 pm

eddie wrote:For you Texas boy.

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:47 pm

Here's one for you, Brit. Don't worry about playing it because I'm about to pull it up on Alexa.

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:51 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Here's one for you, Brit. Don't worry about playing it because  I'm about to pull it up on Alexa.

That is a really cool tune mate

I prefer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfNmyxV2Ncw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next