NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New rule on avatars -- made unilaterally by Ben

+5
Original Quill
Andy
Syl
eddie
Ben Reilly
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New rule on avatars -- made unilaterally by Ben Empty New rule on avatars -- made unilaterally by Ben

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:13 pm

Every once in a while I feel I need to do something on my own, if only to save the other admins any complaints. If you have a problem with this new rule, bring it to me and me alone.

Here's the new rule, which will be enforced immediately:

http://www.newsfixboard.com/h1-about-newsfix-who-we-are-the-rules wrote:... (A)vatars or signatures that contain images or text deemed to be offensive to any ethnic, religious or national group, or to people of any gender identity or sexual orientation, by the administrative team may be removed, and members may be subjected to any disciplinary action.

Last edited by Ben Reilly on Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

New rule on avatars -- made unilaterally by Ben Empty Re: New rule on avatars -- made unilaterally by Ben

Post by eddie Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:14 pm

And that is the word on the street bitch. Cool

Last edited by eddie on Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

New rule on avatars -- made unilaterally by Ben Empty Re: New rule on avatars -- made unilaterally by Ben

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:16 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Every once in a while I feel I need to do something on my own, if only to save the other admins any complaints. If you have a problem with this new rule, bring it to me and me alone.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/h1-about-newsfix-who-we-are-the-rules wrote:... (A)vatars or signatures that contain images or text deemed to be offensive to any ethnic, religious or national group, or to people of any gender identity or sexual orientation, by the administrative team may be removed, and members may be subjected to any disciplinary action.

Hoo-bloody-ray, well done that man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:18 pm

What about fat ladies...are they allowed?

Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:21 pm

Off to have tea, will wait with bated breath for the answer.   If it's no, can't use one of me lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:28 pm

sassy wrote:Off to have tea, will wait with bated breath for the answer.   If it's no, can't use one of me lol

Lol Sassy....your pic would be welcome no matter what size you are. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:29 pm

I like HT's new avi....the dog is gorgeous. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:45 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Every once in a while I feel I need to do something on my own, if only to save the other admins any complaints. If you have a problem with this new rule, bring it to me and me alone.

New rule on avatars -- made unilaterally by Ben 3406909858

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:58 pm

An excellent decision.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:40 pm

So....like, this is out?

New rule on avatars -- made unilaterally by Ben 326827371.468856326

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:50 pm

That's a very novel way to suffocate a small child.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:06 pm

Syl wrote:I like HT's new  avi....the dog is gorgeous.  Laughing

The puppy's not bad either....
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:09 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:I like HT's new  avi....the dog is gorgeous.  Laughing

The puppy's not bad either....

Haha....it's a lovely pic of both.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:35 pm

https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smblaolxvjoxh/sstu/p1/h1-about-newsfix-who-we-are-the-rules wrote:... (A)vatars or signatures that contain images or text deemed to be offensive to any ethnic, religious or national group, or to people of any gender identity or sexual orientation, by the administrative team may be removed, and members may be subjected to any disciplinary action.

You are breaking your own rules with your sig.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:11 pm

Original Quill wrote:So....like, this is out?

New rule on avatars -- made unilaterally by Ben 326827371.468856326
Or - OR ...the other option ~~~
by Syl on Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:50 am
That's a very novel way to suffocate a small child.

that little one's got her own bicycle 'AIR BAG', since mommy dearest neglected the safety helmet! No

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:14 pm

Poor kid!   Anyway, gotta dish out tea, bbl x

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:33 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smblaolxvjoxh/sstu/p1/h1-about-newsfix-who-we-are-the-rules wrote:... (A)vatars or signatures that contain images or text deemed to be offensive to any ethnic, religious or national group, or to people of any gender identity or sexual orientation, by the administrative team may be removed, and members may be subjected to any disciplinary action.

In what way?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:03 pm

Rolling Eyes

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:12 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Rolling Eyes

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Razz
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:13 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

How is Jesus singing a song offensive?

From 1:22

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:26 pm

Okay some people need to resize their avatars. Sassy and Syl your avatars are too big
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:50 pm

eddie wrote:Okay some people need to resize their avatars. Sassy and Syl your avatars are too big
If you notice ...Tommykins bleeds over just a couple smidgen's too far into the posting frame as well. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:51 pm

Yes it does slightly. All three of them need to resize their avis.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:57 pm

Please see the avatar thread as to why this is an admin problem, you cannot size when putting in avi urls.   Night

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:05 pm

Night sass
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:26 pm

eddie wrote:Yes it does slightly. All three of them need to resize their avis.

Actually, I increased the maximum avatar size, thought it might be kinda neat ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:00 am

Ben Reilly wrote:

Actually, I increased the maximum avatar size, thought it might be kinda neat ...

And that was a 'fixed/default setting' that prevented what is happening to: Tommykins/Syl & Sassy's images and then it over rides into the posting area ??? 
Seem's something went array or you've acquired a 'GREMLIN' as well Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:08 am

4EVER2 wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

And that was a 'fixed/default setting' that prevented what is happening to: Tommykins/Syl & Sassy's images and then it over rides into the posting area ??? 
Seem's something went array or you've acquired a 'GREMLIN' as well Suspect

Hey, you want a good mobile experience, go to Facebook. This! Is! NEWSFIX!!!! Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:28 am

Ben Reilly wrote:

Well it means I can't read certain people's posts
It was a rubbish idea mate No
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:55 am

eddie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
New rule on avatars -- made unilaterally by Ben 2787774761 Well, not all of 'EINSTEIN'S' idea's became as well known or as popular as the LIGHT BULB either  fiesta   
It's the way it's messing up on my PC, huge avatar's bleed over into the posting area and you can't read WTF people are saying New rule on avatars -- made unilaterally by Ben 3406909858

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:08 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
eddie wrote:
New rule on avatars -- made unilaterally by Ben 2787774761 Well, not all of 'EINSTEIN'S' idea's became as well known or as popular as the LIGHT BULB either  fiesta   
It's the way it's messing up on my PC, huge avatar's bleed over into the posting area and you can't read WTF people are saying New rule on avatars -- made unilaterally by Ben 3406909858

Now you know how we feel with your posts crammed with smiileys and CAPS and colons etc.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:12 pm

Is mine still big? It's never been before...AND for some reason I cant see any video's on here, I just see a black stripe. Shocked

Bollx...it's tiny now, AND distorted. New rule on avatars -- made unilaterally by Ben 2396444674

Last edited by Syl on Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:12 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
eddie wrote:

And you were calling me an idiot for not sizing my avi properly yesterday...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:35 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:
Now you know how we feel with your posts crammed with smiileys and CAPS and colons etc.
You seem to think/ASSume that you've been anointed or selected as some sort of 'PACK LEADER' ... New rule on avatars -- made unilaterally by Ben 2787774761 

I ran out of 'give a FUCK' about YOU and YOUR PACK ATTACK MENTALITY long ago ...now let's see if his supreme being notices how you just drop in just to attack ME in this topic.  New rule on avatars -- made unilaterally by Ben 4233679493

Last edited by 4EVER2 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:42 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:
AAAAAND  ...yet again, you've proven my opinion; that remark was made when you'd placed your self portrait up ...remember - the lip disk & corn adorning your head  New rule on avatars -- made unilaterally by Ben 371740092

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:47 pm

Syl wrote:Is mine still big? It's never been before...AND for some reason I cant see any video's on here, I just see a black stripe. Shocked

Bollx...it's tiny now, AND distorted. New rule on avatars -- made unilaterally by Ben 2396444674
I checked my avatar size - it's 130 X 200 ...guess that's the new accepted size Ben's put in the format.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:50 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Syl wrote:Is mine still big? It's never been before...AND for some reason I cant see any video's on here, I just see a black stripe. Shocked

I checked my avatar size - it's 130 X 200 ...guess that's the new accepted size Ben's put in the format.

I have halved mine now, can you still see it 4Ever... Shocked or is it still too big ?

Odd because the original size looked fine to me...now it looks tiny. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:54 pm

No,  it's not abby-normal looking, but I'm on my tablet --- the images were really blowing up on my PC.
Freaky, made reading your posts very difficult No

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:57 pm

Thanks, I will leave it like this then....I've got a headache now trying to work it out.

Laters. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:04 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
AAAAAND  ...yet again, you've proven my opinion; that remark was made when you'd placed your self portrait up ...remember - the lip disk & corn adorning your head  New rule on avatars -- made unilaterally by Ben 371740092

But it was Ben who changed the parameter settings that made the image look too big...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:12 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:
But it was Ben who changed the parameter settings that made the image look too big...
Aaaaaaan did any of us know that back then ???  Suspect
Were you expecting me to change my opinion of you based on that - NOT HARDLY!  Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:28 pm

No... we didn't 'know' that Ben had changed the settings... but you automatically assumed that it was me that was the problem and hurled abuse at me for something that was not my fault!

Yet now you do know what the cause was... I still awaiting your apology...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:38 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:
You seem to think/ASSume that you've been anointed or selected as some sort of 'PACK LEADER' ... New rule on avatars -- made unilaterally by Ben 2787774761 

I ran out of 'give a FUCK' about YOU and YOUR PACK ATTACK MENTALITY long ago ...now let's see if his supreme being notices how you just drop in just to attack ME in this topic.  New rule on avatars -- made unilaterally by Ben 4233679493

It didn't escape my notice:

Horatio, keep the peace - there was no need for that.

Answer the post not the poster.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:41 pm

eddie wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

Nobody answers the post rather than the poster, especially 4ever. Horatio made a good point, and I agree with her.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:No... we didn't 'know' that Ben had changed the settings... but you automatically assumed that it was me that was the problem and hurled abuse at me for something that was not my fault!
Yet now you do know what the cause was... I still awaiting your apology...!?
And - Please do HOLD YOUR BREATH for that ...little Tommykins! 
Did you want me to watch the TIMER prior to your passing out?
New rule on avatars -- made unilaterally by Ben Ehdqtj

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:16 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Yeah, it looks like it.
New rule on avatars -- made unilaterally by Ben Happy-smiley05
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:18 pm

eddie wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

New rule on avatars -- made unilaterally by Ben 1681210668
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:21 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

Nobody answers the post rather than the poster, especially 4ever. Horatio made a good point, and I agree with her.

"Answer the post, not the poster " That has to be the single most idiot statement I've seen on here so far.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:35 pm

It is the only way to use a debate forum otherwise one is spending half the time arguing over nonsense.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:14 pm

eddie wrote:It is the only way to use a debate forum otherwise one is spending half the time arguing over nonsense.

Rubbish. If you only answered the post we'd all sound like automatons. The whole point of a forum is interaction and chat, connecting with the poster or challenging the poster, having banter, having a laugh, being sympathetic, sharing, caring, and from time to time, clashing.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next