NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stopping pop up ads.

3 posters

Go down

Stopping pop up ads. Empty Stopping pop up ads.

Post by Syl Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:31 pm

I feel slightly miffed because I have just paid for an Ad blocker.....no doubt everyone else gets them for free. Stopping pop up ads. 2396444674
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Stopping pop up ads. Empty Re: Stopping pop up ads.

Post by eddie Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:39 pm

Yes! Free lol

I think Quill has advice on this - he had some problems a while back.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:43 pm

I knew it...Stopping pop up ads. SULK
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:07 pm

Weeelllll, you shoulda asked Stopping pop up ads. 2190311264
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:31 pm

Syl wrote:I feel slightly miffed because I have just paid for an Ad blocker.....no doubt everyone else gets them for free. Stopping pop up ads. 2396444674

You know what they say....
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:43 pm

Syl wrote:I feel slightly miffed because I have just paid for an Ad blocker.....no doubt everyone else gets them for free. Stopping pop up ads. 2396444674
I had to learn ...check the internet 'FREEBIES' first before looking to purchase anything I needed for my PC system!  And then check the 'consumer research' for the best of those ...to help prevent obtaining another problem software!  I'm learning more each year, too Stopping pop up ads. 1716015268

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:02 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
I had to learn ...check the internet 'FREEBIES' first before looking to purchase anything I needed for my PC system!  And then check the 'consumer research' for the best of those ...to help prevent obtaining another problem software!  I'm learning more each year, too Stopping pop up ads. 1716015268

I did...I hate parting with money when no none else seems to.....I feel a bit like the person on holiday who has paid full price, and other holiday makers who got a real bargain keep going on about it. Mad Laughing

I had a great free anti ad blocker, but it expired after a month or so. I trawled round and even downloaded a couple, but for somereason they don't seem to work on Windows 10 and the Edge browser....which I have gotten so used to.

Anyway, I paid for the same Ad block I had the free trial with...£15, and so far it's brilliant.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:22 pm

I've got Window's 10 ...and ZERO ads.  How do you have your security filters set up?  
Manage your add on? 
Ask 'Corina?':-)  LOL.
 It's built into our Windows soft ware just like the fire wall - virus protection scratch
Seriously!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:40 pm

4EVER2 wrote:I've got Window's 10 ...and ZERO ads.  How do you have your security filters set up?  
Manage your add on? 
 It's built into our Windows soft ware just like the fire wall - virus protection scratch
Seriously!

You are lucky 4Ever, a few people I know who installed W10 have had trouble with ads, no viruses, just annoying ads...specially the pop ups.
The Adguard I now have has sorted them though, (fingers crossed) so I think the few quid was well spent.

Did you keep Corina? After 2 days she just ignored me, so I got rid. Twisted Evil
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:19 am

Syl wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:I've got Window's 10 ...and ZERO ads.  How do you have your security filters set up?  
Manage your add on? 
Seriously!

You are lucky 4Ever, a few people I know who installed W10 have had trouble with ads, no viruses, just annoying ads...specially the pop ups.
The Adguard I now have has sorted them though, (fingers crossed) so I think the few quid was well spent.

Did you keep Corina? After 2 days she just ignored me, so I got rid. Twisted Evil

Oh, hell - noooo ...I silenced that voice right off! 
UGH, she reminded me far too much of those 'Stepford Wives' we've kicked around.  LOL Or maybe it's because she's far too close to those voices that I hear on occasion Suspect
But if you decide to opt - out of your Fee Based Ad Blocker later on:
there are options built into your own PC.

Under the 'SETTINGS' option ...you can just type in INTERNET in the white box and the sub listing screen will bring up every thing that you can modify for your own personnel preference for your specific Internet connection.
Scroll down to > 'block or allow pop ups' and modify this as you prefer!  

Easy - Peasy and you don't have to buy any 2nd party software to modify this for you Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:54 am

I just checked what mine said and it was set to 'block pop ups".....it didn't seem to work though, but I have learned something new anyway....so thanks for that. x

I see what you mean about Cortina being all Stepford like....she drove me mad when she obeyed me, when she just ignored me she had to go.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:58 am

Syl wrote:I just checked what mine said and it was set to 'block pop ups".....it didn't seem to work though, but I have learned something new anyway....so thanks for that. x

I see what you mean about Cortina being all Stepford like....she drove me mad when she obeyed me, when she just ignored me she had to go.
That would be because you've installed and 'Over Ride' purchased soft ware Pop Up Blocker ...print that off and stash it away for when your purchased one expires then you can just ignore it or 'UN-Install It' and utilize the built in one you've got!  Best of luck, either way! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:05 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Syl wrote:I just checked what mine said and it was set to 'block pop ups".....it didn't seem to work though, but I have learned something new anyway....so thanks for that. x

That would be because you've installed and 'Over Ride' purchased soft ware Pop Up Blocker ...print that off and stash it away for when your purchased one expires then you can just ignore it or 'UN-Install It' and utilize the built in one you've got!  Best of luck, either way! Wink

I will definitely save the info for if I get problems in future 4Ever, cheers. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down