NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Net overload 'sparks digital detox for millions of Britons'

4 posters

Go down

Net overload 'sparks digital detox for millions of Britons' Empty Net overload 'sparks digital detox for millions of Britons'

Post by Irn Bru Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:14 am

Internet overload has led millions of people in the UK to take a "digital detox", according to research from regulator Ofcom.

The survey found 34% of internet users have taken a period of up to a month away from the web.

Some 59% of those surveyed considered themselves hooked on their devices, with a third saying they found it difficult to disconnect.

Half said that they spent longer online than originally intended each day.

The study of 2,025 adults and 500 teenagers forms part of Ofcom's annual Communications Market Report, which assesses the state of the digital nation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36964081

I've had a quick recap on my on-line hours and reckon I spend about maybe 10 hours a week on stuff like this and on a football forum and about another 10 or so on other thimgs like shopping and rresearch on products or just collecting general information.

That's quite a bit when you add it all up but life is not for spending too much time on-line as real life is out there and there to be enjoyed.

So how much time does anyone else spend on line?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Net overload 'sparks digital detox for millions of Britons' Empty Re: Net overload 'sparks digital detox for millions of Britons'

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:34 am

I've been trying to cut way back, but at the same time I've never totally disconnected myself simply because I expect information exactly when I want it now Smile

I love using the internet to make my life easier and to learn. I don't so much care for using it to debate dummies, though sunny
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Net overload 'sparks digital detox for millions of Britons' Empty Re: Net overload 'sparks digital detox for millions of Britons'

Post by eddie Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:32 am

I stay logged on for most of the day but I'm also browsing or shopping online at the same time.

I pick my iPad up when I have little breaks from things too, like after finishing chores I'll wait for the kettle to boil and have a look in here.

I dislike most TV so unless I'm watching a box set or film I'll also be online at night
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:38 am

Ben Reilly wrote:I've been trying to cut way back, but at the same time I've never totally disconnected myself simply because I expect information exactly when I want it now Smile

I love using the internet to make my life easier and to learn. I don't so much care for using it to debate dummies, though sunny

Ditto lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:19 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Internet overload has led millions of people in the UK to take a "digital detox", according to research from regulator Ofcom.

The survey found 34% of internet users have taken a period of up to a month away from the web.

Some 59% of those surveyed considered themselves hooked on their devices, with a third saying they found it difficult to disconnect.

Half said that they spent longer online than originally intended each day.

The study of 2,025 adults and 500 teenagers forms part of Ofcom's annual Communications Market Report, which assesses the state of the digital nation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36964081

I've had a quick recap on my on-line hours and reckon I spend about maybe 10 hours a week on stuff like this and on a football forum and about another 10 or so on other thimgs like shopping and rresearch on products or just collecting general information.

That's quite a bit when you add it all up but life is not for spending too much time on-line as real life is out there and there to be enjoyed.

So how much time does anyone else spend on line?

Probably more than I should, but I enjoy it.
I forum (mostly here) shop, browse, read news and watch you tubes of various stuff online.
I don't think I'm an addict though, when I'm away the internet doesn't cross my mind. I don't have a mobile phone so I'm not glued to that when I'm out....it's so ignorant the way so many people interact with mobiles instead of with the people they are actually with.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down