NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benefits Street kids attacked by bullies even though they weren't on Channel 4 show

2 posters

Go down

Benefits Street kids attacked by bullies even though they weren't on Channel 4 show Empty Benefits Street kids attacked by bullies even though they weren't on Channel 4 show

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:31 am

Benefits Street kids attacked by bullies even though they weren't on Channel 4 show Dee-Roberts-3011190

Unhappy: Dee Roberts is one resident of James Turner Street upset by Channel 4 show
Children who live on the road shown on Channel 4 programme Benefits Street are being targeted by school bullies.

Producers have been criticised for presenting residents of Birmingham’s James Turner Street as feckless and work-shy criminals.

Tories led by Cabinet minister Iain Duncan Smith have used the show to justify brutal welfare cuts.

But youngsters who live there are being picked on even though they are not on the show.

One working mum revealed: “My daughter is 12. She’s been in tears since the first episode.”

Labour MP Shabana Mahmood, who has been contacted by parents, said: “The production company has a responsibility to help deal with the fallout.”

The bullying has come to light after claims people featured on the show were bribed with beer and cigs.

C4 has denied bribery but admitted producers “helped out” residents with food.

Meanwhile police and social workers launched a probe yesterday over claims a child bride who starred in the show has had a baby.

A Romanian – identified as Madaline Balasa – appeared on Monday night’s episode with her husband Stefan Stana. The girl, now 16, was 15 when filming took place.

Birmingham Social Services and West Midlands Police are investigating.

Supt Danny Long said: “The family no longer reside there.”

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/benefits-street-kids-attacked-bullies-3026469#ixzz2qWLxsnC3
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Benefits Street kids attacked by bullies even though they weren't on Channel 4 show Empty Re: Benefits Street kids attacked by bullies even though they weren't on Channel 4 show

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:45 am

http://www.channel4.com/4viewers/faq/name/who-owns-channel-4/id/400286842

OK.....So C4 is public owned, but the government decide who is on the board.

Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Benefits Street kids attacked by bullies even though they weren't on Channel 4 show Empty Re: Benefits Street kids attacked by bullies even though they weren't on Channel 4 show

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:53 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Miller

Oh!....She decides who's on the board!

17th most powerful woman in England!

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:58 am

Oh....Expenses fiddler!

In December 2012 it was reported that, between 2005 and 2009, Miller had claimed over £90,000 in parliamentary expenses for the mortgage and upkeep of a house in south London where her parents lived.[7][8] She was subsequently reported to the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards[9] and an inquiry launched into the claims.[8][10] Miller responded to the reports by stating that her "financial arrangements" had been audited on two occasions since she became an MP and no issues had been found with them[7][11] and that her parents lived with her as "dependents" under Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority rules.[12]
On 12 December it was reported that during a telephone call to The Daily Telegraph David Cameron's spokesman Craig Oliver had warned the newspaper against running a critical story concerning Miller's expenses because of her role in enacting proposals in the Leveson report.[13] Downing Street denied that any threats were made.[14]

Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

Last edited by Catman on Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Benefits Street kids attacked by bullies even though they weren't on Channel 4 show Empty UPDATE: Channel 4 say rumours Benefits Street is being filmed in Grimsby are untrue

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:16 am

Channel 4's Benefits Street will not be filmed in Grimsby, it has been confirmed.

The rumour arose after it was suggested on BBC Breakfast this morning that a second series of the controversial documentary would feature the Nunsthorpe estate.

However, Channel 4 have said that there are currently no plans for another series.

It follows reports that a second Channel 4 show, called Skint, is currently filming in the town.

Residents have reported regular visits from the film crews of Skint. Channel 4 have confirmed the production team is filming in the town but the footage may not feature in the final series.

Both programmes have received a lot of criticism for their portrayal of the communities they filmed. Their possible arrival on the Nunsthorpe estate has split opinion of the residents.

Christine Brabben, co-owner of the KCs Hair Salon on Sutcliffe Avenue, Nunsthorpe, said: "These programmes always show a bad light on the areas they film.

"I have been working over 30 years on this estate and I have seen the majority of residents are all decent people.

"It will do the estate and the residents no good having them here to film."

However not all have agreed that either show will be entirely bad for the estate.

Mickey Dalton, owner of Mickey D's Diner, Second Avenue, Nunsthorpe, said: "I welcome them to the estate. This is a good place to live, it has improved a lot in recent years.

"The Skint crew have been into my cafe talking to people. They were not looking for the bad in the area, they were just chatting about life on the estate.

“All they will see is that this is a good place to be.”

Read more: http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/UPDATE-Channel-4-say-rumours-Benefits-Street/story-20444463-detail/story.html#ixzz2qWXNKnA8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:17 am

Who the fuck are the production team?

I bet Miller is in the frame for that one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:18 pm

Kids being attacked now, time to pull this awful program.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:47 pm

Like I have just said elsewhere...R/W = cowards and bullies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:49 pm

let me expand that ...

add...and who cant do simple arithmetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:05 pm

grumpy old git wrote:Like I have just said elsewhere...R/W = cowards and bullies

They will get their comeuppance, just you wait and see!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:19 pm

It's just been reported on the channel five benefits debate, that there is a school at the end of the road and the kids are too scared to go into the playground, because there are RW scum tourists turning up to hurl abuse etc..Many kids aren't even turning up for school because it's got so bad.

I would suggest that they get the police up there, to arrest the RW scum that are abusing the local people.

It just isn't on.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:04 am

Talking to yourself as usual phyllis. You are seriously worried that you may be found out as a fraudster.

Get a job and pay some tax see how you like it comrade.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:30 am

Clarkson wrote:Talking to yourself as usual phyllis. You are seriously worried that you may be found out as a fraudster.

Get a job and pay some tax see how you like it comrade.

How about countering the thread with some facts?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:43 am

The thread is about thise who choose to live on benefits as many do in these streets.

Recent info re phil leads me and others to conclude he  is swinging the lead.

Recent posts from phil ask for higher taxes so he can get more.
Forgive me if I object to being ripped off His contention earlier that benefit fraud doesnt exist when in fact he is one himself needs challenging.

If someone steals from you doesnt it bother you Ben.

Still if you support benefit fraud and are saying it musnt be challenged please be clear.

I take it phyllis littering the threads with taunting youtube vids is ok btw. Some demented bands singing tories are c--ts is on topic and rw rebuttals are not?

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:49 am

Incidentally Ben give yourself a telling off fir your blatant racism the other night.
I was deeply offended comrade. All paedophilia traits in  Americans are derived from the Brits. How very dare you!

Kettle pot black etc etc. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Racism is a very poor example to set on your own forum comrade. I have no time for racist or benefits fraudsters have I perchance alighted upon a forum where it us essential I am both?

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:55 am

Clarkson wrote:Incidentally Ben give yourself a telling off fir your blatant racism the other night.
I was deeply offended comrade. All paedophilia traits in  Americans are derived from the Brits. How very dare you!

Kettle pot black etc etc. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Racism is a very poor example to set on your own forum comrade. I have no time for racist or benefits fraudsters have I perchance alighted upon a forum where it us essential I am both?

Ben was satirising the racism and doing the same thing with 'England' as Kaka etc do with 'Pakistani'. And he explained that on at least three occasions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:37 am

Actually I actually realised that sassy. I must be having a really bad day if you think you can patronise me though.

On topic  you have argued that benfit fraudster are minimal and yet it is clear there are benefits streets replete with white dees all over.

Your constant denial along with labour MPs is wearing thin when its plain to see.

Cant you see how galling it is for you and scatman calling for us to be taxed to death to pay for white dee?

My Mrs wotks 60 hours per week every week and gets taxed to death. That fat lazy good for nothing cow just sits and smokes all day.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down