NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was Brexit caused by a British crisis of compassion?

+5
'Wolfie
Tommy Monk
eddie
Raggamuffin
Ben Reilly
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Was Brexit caused by a British crisis of compassion? Empty Was Brexit caused by a British crisis of compassion?

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:48 pm

On that fateful Friday morning when it became clear that the UK had voted for Brexit, some people were acclaiming June 23, 2016, as Britain's Independence Day.

But I believe that this date will go down in history as a Day of Infamy and that, from a Christian perspective, Brexit is a cause not for nationalistic celebration and triumph, but for nationwide soul-searching, which should include a strong note of lament and repentance.

The Brexit vote is a symptom of an underlying 'Crisis of Compassion' in British society. There is a chronic deficit of compassion, solidarity and even basic courtesy in our public life. Without the necessary foundation of compassion, society degenerates into what Thomas Hobbes called a "state of nature" in which, according to the proverb, homo homini lupus est – "a man is a wolf to another man". If you prefer a literary analogy, just think of William Golding's Lord of the Flies. The resurgence of the UK Independence Party and the dominance of hard-line Conservatism are clear manifestations of this regrettable phenomenon.

A related manifestation of this Crisis of Compassion is the resurgence of racist sentiments and fascist ideologies, which, if undetected and unresisted, will become progressively more mainstream. The Brexit vote has created alarming opportunities for the populists in UKIP, as well as for members of openly racist organisations like the BNP, EDL and Britain First. Dark undercurrents, which for decades had lain dormant, are now bubbling up to the surface of British public life. Racist attacks and hate crimes against immigrants and ethnic minorities have increased significantly since the Brexit vote.

British society is now reaping the seeds of fear and hate that have been sown by an irresponsible tabloid press. For decades, tabloid editors and columnists have been releasing toxins of fear, distrust, xenophobia and Euroscepticism into the bloodstream of British public life. As a result, many people in Britain, including those who profess Christian faith, have had their compassionate faculties inoculated by the constant assaults of the popular media on the values of truth, respect, dignity, humanity and compassion. Under a constant barrage of sensationalist headlines and malicious columns, tweets and social media posts, these moral and spiritual values have gradually eroded as power, greed, selfishness, falsehood and violence have triumphed over freedom, generosity, solidarity, truth and peace.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/independence.day.how.a.crisis.of.compassion.brought.us.brexit/91418.htm

Interesting thoughts. I think a number of our British users have a very homo homini lupus est attitude.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Was Brexit caused by a British crisis of compassion? Empty Re: Was Brexit caused by a British crisis of compassion?

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:53 pm

I don't know anyone who voted out and who has "repented". Some people bang on as if others don't know what they're doing. Bad losers ...

Oh, and this is clearly a Christian-bashing thread anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Was Brexit caused by a British crisis of compassion? Empty Re: Was Brexit caused by a British crisis of compassion?

Post by eddie Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:05 pm

I really get disheartened to read of people only voting "out" for race-reasons.
If I really think about it, if it were based on immigration only, I'd have not voted out.

I don't know how many people who did vote out due to immigration and race issues, or even if they'd admit it.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:12 pm

Dark undercurrents, which for decades had lain dormant, are now bubbling up to the surface of British public life. Racist attacks and hate crimes against immigrants and ethnic minorities have increased significantly since the Brexit vote.

British society is now reaping the seeds of fear and hate that have been sown by an irresponsible tabloid press.
Well, by Jolly-Golly ...'Cheeto-Jesus' will have those like minded cheering his every likeness when he comes crawling out of his own private plane - looking for sanctuary after his total arse whooping Nov. 2nd.
Perhaps that's why the House of Commons forestalled that 'Ban the Chump' vote earlier when they chose to just abstain from voting; but did discuss it for over an hour.  
The ball was set in motion and the like minded were going to throw open the doors to the Palace and welcome him with open arms ...his family and staff will be arriving far in advance to train those posh-upper crust Brits in the proper methods of > Was Brexit caused by a British crisis of compassion? Gg64102403  Was Brexit caused by a British crisis of compassion? 371740092   

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:12 pm

Who is Cheeto-Jesus?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:13 pm

Op... load of bollocks!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:14 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Who is Cheeto-Jesus?

Donald Trump.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:14 pm

eddie wrote:I really get disheartened to read of people only voting "out" for race-reasons.
If I really think about it, if it were based on immigration only, I'd have not voted out.

I don't know how many people who did vote out due to immigration and race issues, or even if they'd admit it.

It's just yanks sticking their noses in again, and using Brexit to have another pop at the English and accuse them of being racist. Using Christianity to do so is just a bonus for Ben. Cool
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:14 pm

eddie wrote:

Donald Trump.

OK. Does 4ever have trouble spelling his name or something?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

Donald Trump.

Probably not rags. I call Boris Johnson, 'Boris Gump'.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:22 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Probably not rags. I call Boris Johnson,  'Boris Gump'.

Perhaps not everyone knows who 4ever is referring to. It would help if she used his correct name. I would expect you to defend her though.

Calling Boris that name is very childish by the way.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:29 pm

Idea

THE LIKES of selfish Brit's such as Tommy, Stormee, Dean and Smelly don't have a monopoly on not possessing any "..compassion, solidarity or even basic courtesy..".

MILLIONS of Americans support Trump with his parallel policies..

DOWN here a few weeks ago, some half million scared idiots voted for Pauline Hanson's One Nation party -- a group that closely mirrors and echoes many UKIP and Trump 'ideals'.          bom

Last edited by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:32 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:30 pm

Mr Trump was nothing to do with Brexit.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:33 pm

Maybe if YOUR country showed a little more "compassion" and a bit less F**k you jack I'm alright you would be better off...untill then I suggest you (the kettle) refrain from calling us (the pot) black.

YOU have a far greater problem than we ever do....

as for the O/P what as tommy points out, a load of bollocks

the vast majority of people I know who voteed out did so becasue of the blatant and clearly visible signs of "E.U." dictatorship arising in the form of comrade Juncker and his "comission" amongst many things

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:33 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Probably not rags. I call Boris Johnson,  'Boris Gump'.

Perhaps not everyone knows who 4ever is referring to. It would help if she used his correct name. I would expect you to defend her though.

It is? Oh well.

As to "defending" 4ever, am I supposed to tell her what to call Donald Trump?

Do fucking explain.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:36 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It is? Oh well.

Do fucking explain.

Well she could just call him "Donald Trump". It's really not that difficult is it? Perhaps it is for her, and for you as well. You're really becoming a bit of a twat on here.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:42 pm

Oh well. So you don't agree with her choice of name for Trumo or my choice of name for Boris and you're getting all bent out of shape over it. Am I supposed to take you seriously when you're whingeing on like a freaking idiot??

I mean, really??? What next, our avatar isn't to your particular liking?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:47 pm

eddie wrote:Oh well. So you don't agree with her choice of name for Trumo or my choice of name for Boris and you're getting all bent out of shape over it. Am I supposed to take you seriously when you're whingeing on like a freaking idiot??

I mean, really???  What next, our avatar isn't to your particular liking?

Well it just helps if one knows who someone is talking about when they refer to politicians, don't you think? Calling them silly names just wastes time. You carry on being childish though - it suits you.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:53 pm

Anyway, it's the likes of Ben who have no compassion - he's anti-English, pro-extremism as long as it's Islamic extremism, and pro-terrorism, as long as it's against white people, preferably British ones.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:01 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:I really get disheartened to read of people only voting "out" for race-reasons.

It's just yanks sticking their noses in again, and using Brexit to have another pop at the English and accuse them of being racist. Using Christianity to do so is just a bonus for Ben. Cool

About the author:

Dr Joshua Searle is tutor in Theology and Public Thought at Spurgeon's College.

Wikipedia wrote:Spurgeon's College is an Evangelical Christian theological college in South Norwood Hill, Croydon, London.

The author is a Christian academic and a Brit.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:02 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Anyway, it's the likes of Ben who have no compassion - he's anti-English, pro-extremism as long as it's Islamic extremism, and pro-terrorism, as long as it's against white people, preferably British ones.

Here's the image I got after reading that:

Was Brexit caused by a British crisis of compassion? Giphy
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:06 pm

What I want to know...is exactly WHAT....the left propose to do about it. I mean, they (the left) assume they know what the right would do....and they posit a whole range of idiocy from genocide upwards....

yet ...they have NEVER, ever posited an means to deal with the increasing and going to get MUCH worse
situation we see in france and germay..

The left demand.....yes DEMAND that we unconditionally allow all and anyone, no matter where from not only accesss to our shores but to the "pot" of money that WE put in to provide for US. MOre over they DEMAND that we do so "blind" neither knowing or indeed caring that some of these people are terrorists (and a LOT more are entirely ambivalent about, if not outright supportive of the terrorists)

so come on lefty's dont be shy...what are you going to do to make sure whats happening in france and germany doesnt happen here.?

or are we expected to merely shrug our shoulders when the bomb goes off in a hospital or school???

I mean...I can understand the Americans having that attitude....they do it to themselves enough to have learned "not to care"

and the aussies...well they dont care much about anything anyway...as long as they can burn their food outdoors and swig vast quantities of lager they are ok......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:07 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Maybe if YOUR country showed a little more "compassion" and a bit less F**k you jack I'm alright you would be better off...untill then I suggest you (the kettle) refrain from calling us (the pot) black.

the vast majority of people I know who voteed out did so becasue of the blatant and clearly visible signs of "E.U." dictatorship arising in the form of comrade Juncker and his "comission" amongst many things

I put it to Tommy and Major -- would you accept a version of Brexit that preserved free trade with the EU in exchange for freedom of movement?

They answered a resounding no. It's not hard to connect the dots between that response and what they have to say about blacks, Muslims and immigrants.

And as I pointed out to Raggs (and I'd think people would check before they assumed I was using an American source), the author is British.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:13 pm

well...a conditional "freedom of movement" might be possible

based on NO state benefits for 5 years as a minimum

as is done in aussie land...if you come here you MUST be self supporting for at least that time...

Was Brexit caused by a British crisis of compassion? 2190311264

but like I say...pot ...kettle.....

and i really dont care where the OP originated...my opinion is still the same.....

a lefty shill....and a religious one to boot.....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:15 pm

It's pretty telling how y'all's nationalistic hackles went up immediately, though, thinking it might be an American author Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:18 pm

We want out of all eu controls over our country.

We want our democracy back!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:27 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It is? Oh well.
Do fucking explain.
Hmmm, for a fellow member that has just called me 'SNAKEFACE' on another thread {one that she couldn't be bothered to discuss the TOPIC but was trolling the community putting her pretend hammer of justice down for supposed rule violations}, I'm finding it a real puzzle that our Raggy-poo lives in a world of her very own device and imaginary rules!
Yet, the members that have been engaged in most of the political discussions {good/bad/ugly} all know the nick names that we've been using for 'Cheeto-Jesus' fiesta 
But it is rather telling that Raggy-poo is looking LEFT OUT of that open knowledge ...but yet when she's called me: hag/bitch and told me that my posts are worthy of her reading then I it's NO BIG DEAL Suspect  Unless, that too is a LIE!  Was Brexit caused by a British crisis of compassion? 3350646086 
What, ...what's that '?'...why I do believe I hear Blackie333 calling you to return to your hovel; he's got some really amusing words and thoughts to entertain you and perhaps put you in a better MOOD, Dear Raggy-Poo! 

Run along, now little one ...wouldn't want to spoil your whole day - slumming with us horrible people!   relieved

Last edited by 4EVER2 on Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:28 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

About the author:

Wikipedia wrote:Spurgeon's College is an Evangelical Christian theological college in South Norwood Hill, Croydon, London.

Irrelevant. When do you listen to Christians?

That's right - you don't.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:28 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:It's pretty telling how y'all's nationalistic hackles went up immediately, though, thinking it might be an American author Smile

And trying to 'BLAME GAME' it as 'Christian Bashing' as well --- FFS, the fakery just never stops around here Was Brexit caused by a British crisis of compassion? 2787774761

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:30 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
eddie wrote:
It is? Oh well.
Do fucking explain.
Hmmm, for a fellow member that has just called me 'SNAKEFACE' on another thread {one that she couldn't be bothered to discuss the TOPIC but was trolling the community putting her pretend hammer of justice down for supposed rule violations}, I'm finding it a real puzzle that our Raggy-poo lives in a world of her very own device and imaginary rules!
Yet, the members that have been engaged in most of the political discussions {good/bad/ugly} all know the nick names that we've been using for 'Cheeto-Jesus' fiesta 
But it is rather telling that Raggy-poo is looking LEFT OUT of that open knowledge ...but yet when she's called me: hag/bitch and told me that my posts are worthy of her reading then I it's NO BIG DEAL Suspect  Unless, that too is a LIE!  Was Brexit caused by a British crisis of compassion? 3350646086 
What, ...what's that '?'...why I do believe I hear Blackie333 calling you to return to your hovel; he's got some really amusing words and thoughts to entertain you and perhaps put you in a better MOOD, Dear Raggy-Poo! 

Run along, now little one ...wouldn't want to spoil your whole day - slumming with us horrible people!   relieved

It's obvious I meant you though. There's only one snakelike person on here - you.

Do you fancy blackie or something? You never stop banging on about him. Was Brexit caused by a British crisis of compassion? 3489511464
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:31 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:It's pretty telling how y'all's nationalistic hackles went up immediately, though, thinking it might be an American author Smile

I didn't think about the nationality of the author, only the nationality of the person who started the thread - ie, you.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:32 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Anyway, it's the likes of Ben who have no compassion - he's anti-English, pro-extremism as long as it's Islamic extremism, and pro-terrorism, as long as it's against white people, preferably British ones.

Using children to further your bigotry now?

Oh dear ... No
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:33 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:Maybe if YOUR country showed a little more "compassion" and a bit less F**k you jack I'm alright you would be better off...untill then I suggest you (the kettle) refrain from calling us (the pot) black.

I put it to Tommy and Major -- would you accept a version of Brexit that preserved free trade with the EU in exchange for freedom of movement?

They answered a resounding no. It's not hard to connect the dots between that response and what they have to say about blacks, Muslims and immigrants.

And as I pointed out to Raggs (and I'd think people would check before they assumed I was using an American source), the author is British.

I didn't assume anything of the kind. I was talking about you and the snakeface yank.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

About the author:

See, if you knew anything about Texas -- it's literally impossible to live in this state without having right-wing Christians who are your actual friends, not just people you listen to.

Do you think before you pop off like that?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:17 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

I didn't think about the nationality of the author, only the nationality of the person who started the thread - ie, you.

Oh, so if I hadn't posted it, it wouldn't have been written? Laughing
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:17 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Oh dear ... No

Do you think you're not completely transparent?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:18 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

See, if you knew anything about Texas -- it's literally impossible to live in this state without having right-wing Christians who are your actual friends, not just people you listen to.

Do you think before you pop off like that?

I bet you thought for a long time about how to post yet another dig at Christians/English people/those who voted to leave the EU. Did you search high and low for that article? I don't suppose you read that website daily.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:19 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Oh dear ... No

Do you think you're not completely transparent?

Do you think you're not?

I don't generally play games, so I probably am transparent.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:20 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

The point is that you posted it - for no apparent reason other than the ones I've already given.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:24 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

The point is that you posted it - for no apparent reason other than the ones I've already given.

I posted it to prompt discussion of whether Britain is suffering a crisis of compassion.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:32 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

They answered a resounding no.

It's not hard to connect the dots between that response and what they have to say about blacks, Muslims and immigrants.

No... we want an exit from eu whereby we regain our sovereignty and democracy and control over all our laws/rules/regulations/borders etc... and where our national parliament and courts regain supremacy over all this.

Of course we are happy to trade with our European neighbours... and we would be happy to have trade that was without taffifs too... but the deal would have to be agreement of non tarrif trade from them in exchange for agreement of non tarrif trade from us!!!

But we are also quite happy to trade without any non tarrif agreement... WTO rules would apply...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:42 pm

You very carefully, but obviously, avoided the issue of freedom of movement.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:56 pm

I didn't avoid anything... as far as trade is concerned... what I posted above is all that there is to talk about.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:59 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

I didn't avoid anything... as far as trade is concerned... what I posted above is all that there is to talk about.

Would you accept a version of Brexit that allowed free trade with the EU in exchange for freedom of movement?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:40 pm

I've already answered that question... see above...

I don't think you understand the 3 things you are asking in your question...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:20 pm

3 things you forgot Tom.
1. Blacks phased out of Britain.
2. Islam  banned from Britain.
3. Muslims interned until they can be deported.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:33 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I've already answered that question... see above...

I don't think you understand the 3 things you are asking in your question...

I understand perfectly, but it is fun to watch you squirm.

If May proposed a deal with the EU that allowed free trade in exchange for free movement of EU citizens into Britain, would you support it or oppose it?

It's a simple question, you can answer with one word.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:41 am

No... it's obvious that you don't understand the things you are asking... or the wideer implications of each...

We don't need a trade deal to trade with the eu.

We are more than happy to continue trading under WTO rules.

Tarrif free trade in exchange for tarrif free trade is the 'quid pro quo' on offer...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:45 am

Raggamuffin wrote:...yet another dig at Christians/English people/those who voted to leave the EU.

Your 'hackles-up' categories are ever-widening. May I suggest: White/Christians/English people/other-people-hating/privatising/foot-stomping/austeritizing/those who voted to leave the EU. Fatten it up there a little. Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:09 am

Tommy Monk wrote:No... it's obvious that you don't understand the things you are asking... or the wideer implications of each...

We don't need a trade deal to trade with the eu.

We are more than happy to continue trading under WTO rules.

Tarrif free trade in exchange for tarrif free trade is the 'quid pro quo' on offer...

nuh you are not in a postion to get that

tell you what remove all your tariffs om us and we'll reduce yours to 20%
take it or leave it
the rest of us are all in trading blocks already Wink
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next