NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sir Phil Green. Thief and crook

+3
Irn Bru
Syl
Andy
7 posters

Go down

Sir Phil Green. Thief  and crook Empty Sir Phil Green. Thief and crook

Post by Andy Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:35 am

Represents all that was wrong with Thatcher’s corrupt ideology.
Take everything ,give nothing back. ME ME ME!
Strip this cnut of his knighthood and order him to fund the pensions from the billions he stole off his employees.

http://news.sky.com/story/retail-king-philip-green-blamed-for-bhs-collapse-10511801
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Sir Phil Green. Thief  and crook Empty Re: Sir Phil Green. Thief and crook

Post by Syl Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:41 pm

I agree.....him and his corrupt wife are disgusting.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:06 pm

Thirded - avarice doesn't begin to cover what he did.   I really hope they rescind his knighthood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:45 pm

And there was this...

The man accused of driving BHS to bankruptcy was appointed by Cameron as a ‘waste watchdog’

As the clothing chain BHS goes bust with the loss of nearly 11,000 jobs, it’s worth recalling the hand of Sir Philip Green, the man who will share a part of the blame for its bankruptcy.

Green bought BHS in 2000 for a sum of £200 million and controlled it for 15 years, though it was registered under the name of his wife Tina, who lived in Monaco.

When he bought BHS, its pension scheme was in surplus. By the time he sold it – it was in deficit. It is estimated that his family received more than £400m in dividends from the company.

In 2004 alone, Green’s family got a £40m dividend from BHS.

A year later, he collected a £1.2 billion dividend from Arcadia – the group that owned BHS – making it the biggest paycheque in British corporate history. It was more than four times Arcadia’s profits, and Green claimed the company was in great health and BHS had plenty of opportunities to grow.

To add insult to injury, the £1.2 billion payout wasn’t taxed, since it went to his wife in Monaco. The couple were accused of tax avoidance.

All this came after Sir Philip Green was appointed by David Cameron to ‘lead a review of government waste‘, in 2010.

And just a few weeks ago – as BHS teetered on the edge of bankruptcy and a pensions scandal was about to erupt – Sir Philip Green bought himself a third luxury yacht.

By that point it was no longer his concern – he had washed his hands off BHS a year earlier for just £1.

https://politicalscrapbook.net/2016/04/the-man-accused-of-driving-bhs-to-bankruptcy-was-appointed-by-cameron-as-a-waste-watchdog/

They're all in it together and the taxpayer is left to bear the burden for those who become unemployed because of greed - sheer greed.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:17 pm

I admit I don't know much detail about the goings on of all this... it is a shame to see another well known uk retail business go... but ultimately, if they are not selling what people want to be buying and not able to stay profitable, then shutting up shop and closing down is the inevitable result...

But having said that... I would have thought any pension pot money would have been kept separate, in order and protected from any losses resulting from the stores closure?

Is there actually money missing from what should be in there?

Or is it a shortfall based on what would have been in there at some time in the future had the store stayed open and people had continued paying in?

Also from Irn Brus post...

"...In 2004 alone, Green’s family got a £40m dividend from BHS.

A year later, he collected a £1.2 billion dividend from Arcadia – the group that owned BHS – making it the biggest paycheque in British corporate history..."

Wasn't that under the blair/brown Labour govt...!?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:34 pm

Do you set out to make yourself look a fool.

It had nothing to do with Governments, it was what he was syphoning off the business.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:39 pm

Govt is in charge of the rules.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:42 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:14 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Govt is in charge of the rules.

Deary me Tommy. The government did not run BHS, Topshop or any other business that Green owns - sorry his wife owns Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:19 pm

Deary me... I never said govt did...!!!

Try answering something I did say... not answering something you made up yourself and pretend I said!!!

Labour were in govt in 2004/5 and in charge of the company/tax rules by which green was operating while paying himself the huge sums of money I highlighted above...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:56 pm

I don't know about now, as I haven't been in BhS lately, but about three weeks ago their sake prices were stupid. There was hardly anything off or nothing was reduced by much. Seems they're still greedily squeezing the last drops out if it.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:13 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Try answering something I did say... not answering something you made up yourself and pretend I said!!!

Labour were in govt in 2004/5 and in charge of the company/tax rules by which green was operating while paying himself the huge sums of money I highlighted above...

Do you really think that tax avoidance and evasion was something that Labour brought in and it hadn't ever happened before or since?

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:23 am

eddie wrote:I don't know about now, as I haven't been in BhS lately, but about three weeks ago their sake prices were stupid. There was hardly anything off or nothing was reduced by much. Seems they're still greedily squeezing the last drops out if it.

Some items were not really reduced, just offered differently.
For instance, I bought 2 black T shirts a few weeks ago. £8 each or 2 for £12. Last week they were buy 2 at £8 each, get the third one free....so if you bought more than one they were £6 each even before the "Closing down mega sale".
Crafty.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:26 am

Labour were in charge for 7 years when this happened...

from Irn Brus post...

A year later, he collected a £1.2 billion dividend from Arcadia – the group that owned BHS – making it the biggest paycheque in British corporate history..."

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:30 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Labour were in charge for 7 years when this happened...

from Irn Brus post...

lol!

Try answering this question

Do you really think that tax avoidance and evasion was something that Labour brought in and it hadn't ever happened before or since?

And then tell why David Cameron apointed him as an advisor on procurement. He must have seen something in his value to the economy so what do you think that was?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:38 am

The question really should be...

Why was Green knighted on 17 June 2006... under Labour... and after all the payments he made to himself that you are suggesting was somehow tax rvasion/avoidance... but also done under Labour govt laws...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:49 am

Tommy Monk wrote:The question really should be...

Why was Green knighted on 17 June 2006... under Labour... and after all the payments he made to himself that you are suggesting was somehow tax rvasion/avoidance... but also done under Labour govt laws...!?

The laws then were the same as the laws of the previous Tory government or did Labour introduce tax avodance and evasion so that Green could benefit from it?

Tell me what you you think of Black Wednesday and how much George Soros made from the incompetence of the Tory government?

All said and done do you really think that Philip Green and his missus are honourable subjects and an inspiration to us all? Serriously?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:56 am

George Osborne on how to avoid inheritance tax (09Jan13)

That's the Tories for you Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:42 am

More twisting...

Green was drawing vast sums out of the businesses in 2004 and 2005 under Labour govt... and labour knighted him in 2006.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:28 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:I don't know about now, as I haven't been in BhS lately, but about three weeks ago their sake prices were stupid. There was hardly anything off or nothing was reduced by much. Seems they're still greedily squeezing the last drops out if it.

Some items were not really reduced, just offered differently.
For instance, I bought 2 black T shirts a few weeks ago. £8 each or 2 for £12. Last week they were buy 2 at £8 each, get the third one free....so if you bought more than one they were £6 each even before the "Closing down mega sale".
Crafty.

Yeah it annoys me so I end up putting things back and thinking "pffffff to you"
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:44 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Laughing

LOOKS LIKE Tommy has finally accepted his well earned title of stupidest plank on this site...

And is now willing to state his most ridiculous Tory/Thatcher/big business nonsense --  no longer worried about how clueless a dope he looks..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:52 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:The question really should be...

The laws then were the same as the laws of the previous Tory government or did Labour introduce tax avodance and evasion so that Green could benefit from it?

Tell me what you you think of Black Wednesday and how much George Soros made from the incompetence of the Tory government?

All said and done do you really think that Philip Green and his missus are honourable subjects and an inspiration to us all? Serriously?

Rolling Eyes

TOMMY really does live on another planet...

The government (and opposition..) only put forward nominations for knighthoods and awards to a committee..

Where the final approval comes from the Queen (or at least one of her secretaries/assistants..) -- surely a good British royalist/corporate sockpuppet "patriot" like poor clueless little Tommykins would know that ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:55 pm

The Queen knights those who the govt recommend...

Labour put green up for knighthood.

Green milked all that money out of company under Labour the two years before...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:58 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
Govt is in charge of the rules.

Deary me Tommy. The government did not run BHS, Topshop or any other business that Green owns - sorry his wife owns Laughing

Idea

THIS looks like a clear case of asset stripping, plundering pension funds, and trading while insolvent...

SURELY British corporate law has some means available to put him in jail, and seize his assets ?
If not, why not..         scratch
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:33 am

Tommy Monk wrote:More twisting...

Green was drawing vast sums out of the businesses in 2004 and 2005 under Labour govt... and labour knighted him in 2006.

Labour never knighted him. Labour can only put forward someone for a knighthood - not grant them.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:13 am

Stop splitting hairs Bru...

He was knighted under Labour...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:05 pm

Irn Bru wrote:George Osborne on how to avoid inheritance tax (09Jan13)

That's the Tories for you Laughing

Well, er, not entirely...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/tax/11434504/Ed-Miliband-rewrote-his-fathers-will-to-cut-IHT.-Should-you-do-the-same.html

It's perfectly legal and I wouldn't dream pf criticising the Miliband brothers for it, for the simple reason that as an estate executor I applied for - and received - a Deed of Variation to alter the provisions of a will posthumously (the dear departed - not me, you understand!).

I seem to recall that Tony Benn's family did much the same decades ago.

Oh, and did not the family of Harriet Harman take advantage of the provisions of a family trust for exactly the same reason?

Again, perfectly legitimate and, I would add, perfectly sensible.

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down