NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As Expected - Oculus Rift Is "Best of CES 2014"

2 posters

Go down

As Expected - Oculus Rift Is "Best of CES 2014" Empty As Expected - Oculus Rift Is "Best of CES 2014"

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:00 am

14th January 2014

It's latest prototype, "Crystal Cove".  My god, life as we know it will change so much over the next 5 years.

As Expected - Oculus Rift Is "Best of CES 2014" Oculus11

Back to top Go down

As Expected - Oculus Rift Is "Best of CES 2014" Empty Re: As Expected - Oculus Rift Is "Best of CES 2014"

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:01 am

Virtual reality has captured the imagination of developers, consumers and businesses for decades, but most VR headsets produced so far have been notable more for their limitations than their capabilities. With its latest prototype, code-named "Crystal Cove," Oculus VR has taken a massive leap forward, eliminating the stomach-churning motion blur that has plagued previous generations of VR headsets, and adding sensors and a camera to track the position of both your head and body and provide more accurate simulated movement. With the latest Rift, Oculus has created a device that may usher in an era of truly immersive gaming and entertainment, and even create new opportunities for businesses to use virtual reality in everything from manufacturing to medical environments. Of all the exciting, innovative products we've seen at CES this year, the Oculus Rift "Crystal Cove" prototype is unquestionably the best of the best.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/09/the-oculus-rift-crystal-cove-prototype-is-2014s-best-of-c/

Back to top Go down

As Expected - Oculus Rift Is "Best of CES 2014" Empty Re: As Expected - Oculus Rift Is "Best of CES 2014"

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:03 am

Is the hd version available to buy yet ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:08 am

Korben Dallas wrote:Is the hd version available to buy yet ?

Nah.

We're waiting for "dev kit 2" - no dates on that at all.

Keep checking their website, although i'm just going to wait for the consumer version. I'll probably have to get a new graphics card to fuel that bad boy.

Did you ever get one? Lots of chat on the forum about Euro Truck Sim.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:11 am

Take a look at this:

As Expected - Oculus Rift Is "Best of CES 2014" Seanco10

After all the time we've spent with Oculus VR's latest Crystal Cove prototype last week -- our first Best of CES award winner! -- you might think we're all VR'd out. You'd be wrong, and when the folks at GameFace Labs offered us a chance to check out their Android-based, standalone VR headset, we jumped at the chance.

The Mark IV model of GFL's unnamed headset is a 3D-printed proof of concept, and it serves that goal fantastically. We put on the headset, were handed a paired Bluetooth gamepad (Sony's DualShock 3) and were instantly transported to a lower-res version of the Tuscany demo we've seen running previously on the Rift. Only there's one major difference here: no wires.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/13/gameface-labs-hands-on-ces-2014/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:14 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:Is the hd version available to buy yet ?

Nah.

Keep checking their website, although i'm just going to wait for the consumer version.  I'll probably have to get a new graphics card to fuel that bad boy.

Did you ever get one?  Lots of chat on the forum about Euro Truck Sim.
I orderd the 1st one last year
But then read on the forum that the hd version would be out so i canceled it
I was hopeing to use it on war thunder within a few months but still waiting  Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:16 am

what is your graphics card ??
i bought Euro Truck Sim in prep only played it once so far waiting to get my hands on the rift  :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:21 am

Korben Dallas wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Nah.

Keep checking their website, although i'm just going to wait for the consumer version.  I'll probably have to get a new graphics card to fuel that bad boy.

Did you ever get one?  Lots of chat on the forum about Euro Truck Sim.
I was hopeing to use it on war thunder within a few months but still waiting  Sad 

Yeah - been playing War Thunder a lot - not on the Rift though - tried and it just isn't good enough yet.

You really should have got dev kit 1.

Too late now.

I've got an AMD 7700 series 1GB - cost £150 about 18 months ago - not sure exactly which model - it's no pussy but I want a real beauty for the Rift.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:22 am

Oh - you do realise that the wait for the dev kit 1 for 8 months was about 2 - 3 months.

It's now 3 - 5 days.

Those bad boys were going for £500 - £700 on Ebay at one point because people were so desperate.

Keep a very close eye on the "order" button.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:38 am

@andy

Euro Truck Sim..

Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect 
That is NOT a Game, ( I know it is but why?)

I must admit I will get the HD consumer one for sure (possiblly DEVkit 2  Cool )
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:42 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:

Yeah - been playing War Thunder a lot - not on the Rift though - tried and it just isn't good enough yet.

You really should have got dev kit 1.

Too late now.

I've got an AMD 7700 series 1GB - cost £150 about 18 months ago - not sure exactly which model - it's no pussy but I want a real beauty for the Rift.
Nivida Gtx550 TI in this machine

I don`t like AMD cards or processors are too prone to overheating
Intel all the way and Nividia cards for me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:45 am

veya_victaous wrote:@andy

Euro Truck Sim..

Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect 
That is NOT a Game, ( I know it is but why?)

I must admit I will get the HD consumer one for sure (possiblly DEVkit 2  Cool )
Good question  ..
It's really weird playing it
Especially if your a driver in real life would make a good teaching tool i reckon on the rift

Last edited by Korben Dallas on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:52 am

@KD
I can see it as a learning Sim,
but I would not have thought there is enough of a Market for it to be on Steam (it's not even cheap)
 :\\:[: :\\:[: :\\:[: :\\:[: 

I'm an Nvidia man myself too, thinking about replacing the old GTX460 (but pretty good in that only in the last 4 months have games come out that I haven't been able to run in 'ultra' graphics level. and its over 2 years old)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:57 am

veya_victaous wrote:@KD
but I would not have thought there is enough of a Market for it to be on Steam (it's not even cheap)

I'm an Nvidia man myself too, thinking about replacing the old GTX460 (but pretty good in that only in the last 4 months have games come out that I haven't been able to run in 'ultra' graphics level. and its over 2 years old)
€7.99 is cheap that's what I paid
but if you think about it
i played warcraft for about 3 years £8 a month i think
i am playing war thunder and have spent about £80 so far

That's the way games are going to go cheap to buy expensive to get to the higher levels quickly
Basically moving to the app price model

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:00 am

whats your preformance rating ?

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:29 am

Can get a bit slow with loading, got an i5 and 8gb ramm so normally pretty good in game.
I need to get myself an SSD too, the HDD is slowest thing in my system at the moment. (at work now so not 100% on number)

True about the game models changing but I dont mind it in some games (it is all about balance I think 'War of the Roses' has it right, putting in real money will save you time grinding for in game cash but you still need to complete a number of hours before everything is availble. nothing can not be earnt with enough time and any of the really expensive items are just cosmetic changes)

I have been playing 'ROME2: total war' recently and it is pushing my system to the limit.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:41 am

Q6600 core 2 2.40ghz
8gig DDR3
120 gig SSD boots in to win 7 64bit in about 15 seconds :-)
Not the greatest machine in the world, 6.8 performance index, but I stopped chasing upgrades years ago.

Like the exalcoholc running a pub  ::drnkpst::

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:07 am

@KD
I think mine is only like 5.7 because of the lack of SSD.

I'm lucky I can claim a fair bit back in tax (IT contractor) plus I just give my old parts to my mum.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:31 am

I think mine is only like 5.7 because of the lack of SSD.

I'm lucky I can claim a fair bit back in tax (IT contractor) plus I just give my old parts to my mum.
Lol it used to be i gave my old parts to my son now its the other way round

your an IT contractor veya

it what capacity ?

If I understand the way American`s refer to things correctly, then I guess I am the same

ie computer hardware ,networks, telecoms engineer with some programming experience (having dyslexia and dyscalculia killed that)

2 years of electronics

yada yada yada

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:55 am

I'm Aussie,
I work in Educational IT mainly for the public school system (have worked for the Catholics too), mainly do project work now, done all the support stuff before. I was pretty lucky to be involved in the Digital Education Revolution (DER) which basically was a program that gave all Senior High students laptops and meant putting in infrastructure to support it (that where i got my foot in)

I'm a bit of a jack of all trades, management like me and just move me to where they need it.
Currently in Apps Packaging, we are getting ready to role out SCCM2013  ::%::  .
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:07 am

veya_victaous wrote:I'm Aussie,
I work in Educational IT mainly for the public school system (have worked for the Catholics too), mainly do project work now, done all the support stuff before. I was pretty lucky to be involved in the Digital Education Revolution (DER) which basically was a program that gave all Senior High students laptops and meant putting in infrastructure to support it (that where i got my foot in)

I'm a bit of a jack of all trades, management like me and just move me to where they need it.
Currently in Apps Packaging, we are getting ready to role out SCCM2013  ::%::  .
Sorry mate
sounds cool
i got into computers all most 35 years ago first as a hobby, but kept it up trough all my various jobs but i always came back to computers
Often People would ask me to fix them and a business just developed from that and that's what i do now fix computers install networks ect
i am lucky i can do that from home for the most part and is the reason i am up all night ,mostly i am working till 5 6 in the morning but it varies depending on the work load

Tonight I am replacing a hard drive in two laptops and reinstalling while trying to get my funcube dongle to work  :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:43 am

@KD
I'm also only 30  Smile 
I got into Computers trying to play Prince of Persia and Dune on an old 386.  cheers 
learnt to pull it apart and but it back together by the time I was 10. I think I am probably in the first generation to have computers my whole life, Old enough to remember the Atari and Amiga but really Learnt on IBMs and windows 3.1 up.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:05 am

veya_victaous wrote:Can get a bit slow with loading, got an i5 and 8gb ramm so normally pretty good in game.
I need to get myself an SSD too, the HDD is slowest thing in my system at the moment. (at work now so not 100% on number)

True about the game models changing but I dont mind it in some games (it is all about balance I think 'War of the Roses' has it right, putting in real money will save you time grinding for in game cash but you still need to complete a number of hours before everything is availble. nothing can not be earnt with enough time and any of the really expensive items are just cosmetic changes)

I have been playing 'ROME2: total war' recently and it is pushing my system to the limit.

lol no SSD?

What were you thinking, boy?!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:33 am

@andy
it's almost 3 years old. they were too dear / not enough capacity when I built it.

I've been umming and arring  confused  on whether to upgrade or buy my self an ultrabook (spend about 2 hours a day on the train commuting) but I want touch screen win8.1 (for work, wont be long before we role them out.. should learn them  Rolling Eyes ) but I know to get decent usage I need at least 1GB dedicated graphics (prefer 2GB...gaming  Wink ) and 16GB of ram would also be good (I have to run virtual machines to try an simulate 'errors' as part of my job  Neutral ) and that is still a little too dear, about AU$2000. I was in the Computer markets last week... that was a mistake because now I am also considering phablets (my phones pretty old too) and convertibles  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce 

I'm on it now so I have just looked 5.9 but the next lowest is 7.3 (processor & ram) 7.5 on both the graphics scores. I also use a 42 inch LED TV as monitor (HDMI) so like I said generally it is alright. And For years I was always making my PCs by cannibalising broken ones I got my hands on, only twice have I actually paid up the money to get a decent gaming rig, this one and one when I was 15 with my first job. So I can put up with a sub-par machines (one of the joys of growing up poor is  Smile  low expectations)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:53 am

I'm also only 30  Smile 
I got into Computers trying to play Prince of Persia and Dune on an old 386.  cheers 
learnt to pull it apart and but it back together by the time I was 10. I think I am probably in the first generation to have computers my whole life, Old enough to remember the Atari and Amiga but really Learnt on IBMs and windows 3.1 up.
i started with the  Z80 and Z80A and have had every major and some minor computers that never really caught  ever since .

god i remember all those disks to install win 3.1 especially hated  it when half way trough the disk read failed and you had to start again  Crying or Very sad loved the amiga and had nearly every model built used to connect them with parnet cables Ataris spectrums QL BBC still have my zx81 and amiga 500 + and 1200

Sigh

i remember i swapped the memory out of the external hard drive 8mb for a ibm
Memory was worth its weight in gold back then
good days good days

Last edited by Korben Dallas on Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:54 am

Also I did think ahead, I have a RAID10 card in it and 7.1 surround sound (but currently both under utilised). I wasn't sure if I would get back into gaming (stopped playing much when I was at Uni but at 27 wasn't up for hitting the clubs EVERY weekend Sleep Sleep Sleep ) but knew I would at least use it as a media centre, which whack a couple more drives (8 max only 2 in at the moment) and this would still be a kick ass media centre.  Smile 

P.S. As it turns out I did get back into gaming  geek geek geek geek 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:56 am

Going to be used for porn.

Last edited by краљица од Хартс on Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:56 am

Already is used for porn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:03 am

veya_victaous wrote:Also I did think ahead, I have a RAID10 card in it and 7.1 surround sound (but currently both under utilised). I wasn't sure if I would get back into gaming (stopped playing much when I was at Uni but at 27 wasn't up for hitting the clubs EVERY weekend Sleep Sleep Sleep ) but knew I would at least use it as a media centre, which whack a couple more drives (8 max only 2 in at the moment) and this would still be a kick ass media centre.  Smile 

P.S. As it turns out I did get back into gaming  geek geek geek geek 
i have 6 computers 2 servers 4 raspberry pies connected to tv`s reading from about 8Tb storage software radio ,i can track plane and ship communications and telemetry with weather station feeding a web site and the met office i could go on but i wont

i am a geek  Embarassed 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:05 am

краљица од Хартс wrote:Already is used for porn.
Every thing eventually is QH  Shocked Every thing eventually is

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am

@KD
some of my earliest computing memories are playing an Amiga 500  :D  SO much fun when my friend dads used to let us play  cheers cheers cheers cheers I cant remember the name but the one where you had like a jeep and a helicopter  (side scroll)was my favourite.
We also spent hours watching him playing dune, so when my dad was given a computer it was something I strived to get running and learnt a lot in the process (like you cant  Sad  not enough memory, by the time I convinced my dad for an upgrade Dune 2 was out.. I got that working  cheers )

That's why I am quite partial to a lot of the Indie games now that try and recreate/innovate older game design

Miami Hotline is like Pixel Art (very brutal bloody pixel art ::rambo::  )

PLUS
Don't feel too bad (your a nerd not a geek by the way  tongue WE nerds are smarter) I have just managed to get 6 books in my 100+ year old book collection (much harder here, my brother tripled my collection :D coming back from Europe last week) and have an old school radio that can (or could  scratch ) pick up Ship and aircraft signals (it has leather, very steam punk  :::grouch:: )

@QoH
hey  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked with out porn the internet would never have taken off  Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:18 am

Oh, you ladies just can not imagine how good the porn is when you're in the Rift...

:D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:19 am

veya_victaous wrote:@andy
it's almost 3 years old. they were too dear / not enough capacity when I built it.

I've been umming and arring   confused  on whether to upgrade or buy my self an ultrabook (spend about 2 hours a day on the train commuting) but I want touch screen win8.1 (for work, wont be long before we role them out.. should learn them  Rolling Eyes ) but I know to get decent usage I need at least 1GB dedicated graphics (prefer 2GB...gaming  Wink ) and 16GB of ram would also be good (I have to run virtual machines to try an simulate 'errors' as part of my job  Neutral ) and that is still a little too dear, about AU$2000. I was in the Computer markets last week... that was a mistake because now I am also considering phablets (my phones pretty old too) and convertibles  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce 

I'm on it now so I have just looked 5.9 but the next lowest is 7.3 (processor & ram) 7.5 on both the graphics scores. I also use a 42 inch LED TV as monitor (HDMI) so like I said generally it is alright. And For years I was always making my PCs by cannibalising broken ones I got my hands on, only twice have I actually paid up the money to get a decent gaming rig, this one and one when I was 15 with my first job. So I can put up with a sub-par machines (one of the joys of growing up poor is  Smile  low expectations)

veya - do you have a wife, children? A house?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:26 am

BigAndy9 wrote:Oh, you ladies just can not imagine how good the porn is when you're in the Rift...

It's shit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:27 am

краљица од Хартс wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:Oh, you ladies just can not imagine how good the porn is when you're in the Rift...

It's shit.

Oh dear, there's another who doesn't have a clue  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:38 am

:-:cawg:-:  :-:cawg:-:  :-:cawg:-:  :-:cawg:-:  :-:cawg:-:  :-:cawg:-:  :-:cawg:-: 
 Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 
 lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 
 ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 
 ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:01 am

@andy
Nope to all 3,
Trying to get a house at the moment but Sydney house prices are fucking stupid. I need literally 1 million dollars to live within half an hour of work (one way, under 20km). And half a million pushes you out to where I live now (renting granny flat off parents Embarassed ) about an hour away (40km), but the on worse side (parents house would be about 650,000 now scratch ). The bank says I can afford $400,000 but would need a extra $200 a week (i.e. I'd have to rent a room or 2 Crying or Very sad ) which puts me 20 mins further away (50-60km), I'm down to like $350,000 if I don't want to have to rent rooms which basically isn't possible Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad  2 hours (80-100km) away maybe, but it starts to become bigger semi rural properties so there is still not much in my price range.
In my line of work it is all in the big cities, recently up skilled and got the new position now just waiting on the pay rise ::%:: was doing server ops for about 3 years before changing to Apps Packing and Dev at the beginning of the year (still part of the same larger project team), I have no professional experience programing so I got to prove myself for 3 months but the scale of the systems are huge, (largest wireless network in the southern hemisphere, rolled out 240,000 windows 7 laptops to students) and they have been having trouble filling the position (either not up to scratch or decided it was too hard for the money) so the team leader asked if I would be interested (apparently I have done more work in 2 weeks than the last guy did in 6, Surprised Surprised Always good when they notice Cool  )

SO Hopefully 3 months and I will have some options.

Honestly I do want kids but not ready for them (a house would be a good start Sad ) And I have 2 very cute little dogs ::-3:: ::-3::  that help break the ice with ladies ::%::  Razz Razz Razz 

@QoH
Into Scat hey  Suspect Suspect Suspect  whatever takes your fancy  Rolling Eyes 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:41 am

That's a shame - I was gonna recommend selling one of them to buy a couple of SSD's and a Rift

Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:01 pm

some of my earliest computing memories are playing an Amiga 500  :D  SO much fun when my friend dads used to let us play  cheers cheers cheers cheers I cant remember the name but the one where you had like a jeep and a helicopter  (side scroll)was my favourite.
We also spent hours watching him playing dune, so when my dad was given a computer it was something I strived to get running and learnt a lot in the process (like you cant  Sad  not enough memory, by the time I convinced my dad for an upgrade Dune 2 was out.. I got that working  cheers )

That's why I am quite partial to a lot of the Indie games now that try and recreate/innovate older game design

Miami Hotline is like Pixel Art (very brutal bloody pixel art ::rambo::  )

PLUS
Don't feel too bad (your a nerd not a geek by the way  tongue WE nerds are smarter) I have just managed to get 6 books in my 100+ year old book collection (much harder here, my brother tripled my collection  :D coming back from Europe last week)  and have an old school radio that can (or could  scratch ) pick up Ship and aircraft signals (it has leather, very steam punk  :::grouch:: )

@QoH
hey  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked with out porn the internet would never have taken off  Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
i played dune a lot as well and manic miner the as well as old xcom terror from the deep i think it was called
opus dir and octi-med  was what I used a lot
we did a lot of blue boxing as well, jumping satellite communications signals in to South America than in to BB in the states all for free

We use to build a lot of things in those days plug it to see if it worked.... Dam.......... Replace the CIA chips and tried again
God to think how many we got through....... scarery looking back, but it was fun
i still have the roms somewhere
i remember we used to blow the CIA chips constantly  

oh what fun

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:56 pm

OK, some questions about the Rift:

1) How heavy is it? Just looking at the picture at the top gives me a neck-ache.

2) Does it fill your field of vision completely, or are you still basically looking at a quadrangle, just really close to your eyes?

3) Is the porn really that great?

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:45 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:OK, some questions about the Rift:

1) How heavy is it? Just looking at the picture at the top gives me a neck-ache.

2) Does it fill your field of vision completely, or are you still basically looking at a quadrangle, just really close to your eyes?

3) Is the porn really that great?

It isn't heavy at all, and this is the dev kit. They have said that one of the targets is to bring the weight down. Unlike some of the earlier ones from the 90s all the weight is not on your nose - the skiing goggle style is very comfortable and I am happy wearing it for 1 hour+. If you go to the forums there are people going 12 hours+ in the Rift.

It doesn't fill it completely, but it is so much better than anything that has been there before. You will only notice something wrong with your peripheral vision if you go looking for it. I don't notice it to be honest.

Yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:10 pm

Remember, this will change your world (if you're under 50).

Latest article, in the Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2543841/Oculus-Rift-exhibit-lets-couples-swap-bodies.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:18 pm

That sounds mind-bending! From your source: "It can be used to promote empathy, for example, or increase understanding of differences." That has to be a good thing.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:07 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:That sounds mind-bending! From your source: "It can be used to promote empathy, for example, or increase understanding of differences." That has to be a good thing.

Well it aint going on my head then!

Because I'm too empathiedidid as it is!

Laughing 

As most people are saying in their comments - why the feck would I wanna see my own body, I wanna see the chick I'm shagging!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down