NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is The Price Of Food About To Fall?

Go down

Is The Price Of Food About To Fall? Empty Is The Price Of Food About To Fall?

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:47 pm

14th January 2014

I've been nagging the wife to shop there for years but she won't leave her precious Waitrose. I must admit, we did go to an Aldi about 2 years ago - it was a sh1thole - food lying around in the aisles, empty shelves etc...

But...

With Aldi and Lidl doing so well, will the others bring their prices down this year?

Back to top Go down

Is The Price Of Food About To Fall? Empty Re: Is The Price Of Food About To Fall?

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:06 pm

Dunno, but if your missus does her shopping in waitrose, then you deserve to struggle....
dunno which aldi you went to but our local one is better in all aspects to the big 5, except for the odd "special" item
and those coralle baked beans beat H****z any time...at least the aldi ones have more beans than sauce......

and its unlikely that the prices in the big supermarkets will fall, not without irreparably ruining the farmers. In fact prices may rise...because many of the farmers caught in the big players trap a few years back have learnt their lesson..and wont be caught out again...so they are telling the supermarkets to "shove it".

Back to top Go down

Is The Price Of Food About To Fall? Empty Re: Is The Price Of Food About To Fall?

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:59 pm

grumpy old git wrote:Dunno, but if your missus does her shopping in waitrose, then you deserve to struggle....
dunno which aldi you went to but our local one is better in all aspects to the big 5, except for the odd "special" item
and those coralle baked beans beat H****z any time...at least the aldi ones have more beans than sauce......

and its unlikely that the prices in the big supermarkets will fall, not without irreparably ruining the farmers. In fact prices may rise...because many of the farmers caught in the big players trap a few years back have learnt their lesson..and wont be caught out again...so they are telling the supermarkets to "shove it".

What is it with those Beans?!?! Everyone who tries them says that! I love them  :D 
I love Aldi, the quality of their meat and veg is excellent.
There is a new one being built nearer to mine too  bounce 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:11 pm

NemsAgain wrote:
grumpy old git wrote:Dunno, but if your missus does her shopping in waitrose, then you deserve to struggle....

What is it with those Beans?!?! Everyone who tries them says that! I love them  :D 
I love Aldi, the quality of their meat and veg is excellent.
There is a new one being built nearer to mine too  bounce 
dunno...do you recon they put something in them...sort of catnip for people affraid 
Yep Nems the aldi stuff is very good, and has improved over the last few years too.
Their workzone tools are also good, Knowing what I do for a living, as you can immagine, I work my tools hard, and the aldi stuff often wins the "last drill standing" competition

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:29 am

I shall do my best to harass the wife.  

As I said, that was a few years ago and I do believe they have upped their game.

How would the farmers be able to tell the supermarkets to shove it??  Who are they now selling their produce to?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:22 am

From farm shops, direct to the public, to independants, via farmers markets and ordinary markets.
If you drive around the country, you must have noticed the huge increase in farm shops.

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:36 pm

It has already albeit after rising sharply for ages.

Indeed there is considerable evidence oil prices are about to collapse as  additional capacity comes back on stream e.g. Iran Libya plus shale fuels in the US.

All the metrics are running in the govts favour.  Milliband offers us a chance to finish of the destruction of the economy they embarked upon 1997 2010 or stay with the gradual improvements initiated by the coalition.

Lets hope Milliband keeps on offering us the French way much beloved by the gormless comrades on here.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:46 pm

so the oil comming back online is a TORY thing is it....of course it could just be "good luck"

the fact food prices are falling has nothing to do with the tories either.....except perhaps their provision of slave labour to the big supermarkets......
NOW i happent to agree food prices SHOULD fall, indeed they should be forced down actively by the govt in certain areas,

fresh food (I include frozen food such as meat & veg in this), bread, and tinned produce. Junk food should be UP priced and ALL fast food outlets should be taxed extra to increase the price of their mush (except subway...cos I likes subway food  Laughing )

this could be funded easily by taxes on junk food AND by extra sales tax on all these "pad devices" mobile phones and such like....
this would serve 2 purposes...Firstly it would provide revenue to help push down food prices, 2 It would help the environment by reducing the number of scrap phones around...(most phones are only held for about 1 year before being scrapped...not because they are broke...but because the girly owner (male and female) fancy a different colour or whatever.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down