NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C&P Ing

+4
Syl
Tommy Monk
HoratioTarr
Major
8 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

C&P Ing Empty Re: C&P Ing

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:31 am

Major wrote:To post a link is easy peasy but to then post part of the story I have to shut newdfix , go back and C&P the part I wanna post.

How can I do this in one go?

Why? You should be able to post the link, then cut and paste any text after you've posted the link or before you post the link.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:32 am

Major wrote:To post a link is easy peasy but to then post part of the story I have to shut newdfix , go back and C&P the part I wanna post.

How can I do this in one go?
You don't have it set up to make a 'NEW TAB' ...then you can just skip back & forth between the tabs for the content - portions of the article/images/url that you need for your particular story?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:56 am

Major wrote:My lappy shows

Cut
Copy
Paste

I dunno what the Cut is for.
Works the same way as 'COPY' if the url, image/linked topic will allow that to happen; not all articles/images will allow you to even 'copy' images anymore let alone do a complete 'CUT' of that article/image/url information. 

But you can still use another 'TAB' option when you open something up on your laptop or tablet. Then you'll have the option to just hop from tab - to - tab for your data information without closing Newsfix for your location to post. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:38 pm

You can open multiple Internet pages at a click... open as many as you want and with different things on them...

You can have your Newsfix window open as one Internet page... then you can open another Internet window and have something else on it... then you can switch between them with them both remaining active...

Easy way is to 'right click' on links and select 'open in new window'... then all active pages show as 'tabs' or on bottom toolbar...

Is this what you're asking?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:43 pm

easy way is to 'right click' on links and select 'open in new window'... then all active pages show as 'tabs' or on bottom toolbar...
Hmmm, yes ...that's exactly what I explained; but not every one has their menu bar set up for 'tabs' to on a separate box/menu line ...it depends on how his lap top is set up! Top of page or bottom of the page!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:46 pm

I was explaining it in straightforward English...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:50 pm

I managed to c&p from a link I posted yesterday...I cant do it now. C&P Ing 2396444674

http://seniorplanet.org/how-do-i-copy-and-paste-on-my-computer/

Looking for computer help? Every week, our Tekspert answers one question about digital technology. Computers, tablets, phones, cameras…Have you ever typed something in a Word document and then had to retype it when someone asked you to email it to them; or been overwhelmed when a website emailed you a complicated password that looks like “12%th8n*g254t!h1#546” to enter into a password field on a website; or received an email with an address that you wanted to copy to your contacts
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:51 pm

Oh it worked../\ Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:31 pm

Syl wrote:I managed to c&p from a link I posted yesterday...I cant do it now. C&P Ing 2396444674

Looking for computer help? Every week, our Tekspert answers one question about digital technology. Computers, tablets, phones, cameras…Have you ever typed something in a Word document and then had to retype it when someone asked you to email it to them; or been overwhelmed when a website emailed you a complicated password that looks like “12%th8n*g254t!h1#546” to enter into a password field on a website; or received an email with an address that you wanted to copy to your contacts

I do wish you and Major would sort yourselves out! You're giving us old farts a bad name.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:42 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:I managed to c&p from a link I posted yesterday...I cant do it now. C&P Ing 2396444674

I do wish you and Major would sort yourselves out!   You're giving us old farts a bad name.

Cheeky mare....I did it didn't I?? tongue
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:59 pm

If you have two tabs open you can get the link ....then c&p the text in the link....then just post it once.

That's what Ijust did....I think?? geek ,
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:55 pm

Copy your text, then create a new post with a different browser window or tab. Paste the text, then go back to the source article, copy the URL and paste it into the post.

Really easy when you get the hang of it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:25 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

I do wish you and Major would sort yourselves out!   You're giving us old farts a bad name.

+100000000
C&P Ing 3489511464 C&P Ing 3489511464 C&P Ing 3489511464 C&P Ing 3489511464 C&P Ing 3489511464 C&P Ing 3489511464 C&P Ing 3489511464
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:35 pm

HT, that really made me laugh!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:08 pm

But........I managed to do it in the end. tongue
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:16 pm

sassy wrote:HT, that really made me laugh!

Wink

Age is no excuse for being inept.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:24 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
sassy wrote:HT, that really made me laugh!

Wink

Oh sod off....I DID THE BLOODY C&P IN THE END. C&P Ing 2396444674

lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:28 pm

Major wrote:I will have a butchuz tomorrow, Syl, Forever and all helpuz.

I feel faint as a Robin right now, this bleeding house move is doing my head in with the boundary dispute.
Loyuz are legulized theavez.

Your lawyer deserves the fee if he has put up with your letters.

Dear Mezzuz Cocklebot & Khan

We has rezeeved your letter in rezeept of boundary dizpoot in witch you stated that you would not pay us until that forunerz muzzy basterd next door knocked down that zection of fenz belonging to uz.

Zacrifizing our dignuty aint an opziun zo we aint giving in. According to our recordz, the conditionz have already been met and the amount you zay zat we owe uz is erroniuz. If we do not get no joy nor zuccezz by Zunday next we will be forced to refer this matter to our attorneez.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely
Zat Arzehole wot payz yur wajes.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:33 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Wink

lol!

Don't give up now!!!!!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:36 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

lol!

Don't give up now!!!!!

I never give up...it may have taken 8 years to c&p without freezing up my laptop...but by God I have managed to conquer it now. cheers
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:02 pm

Some one mentioned "freezing up" my computer is doing that a dozen times a day, if i go off Internet explorer and on to Firefox it rarely happens. I don't want to stay on Firefox as internet ex, is usefull for other things.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:32 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

+100000000
C&P Ing 3489511464 C&P Ing 3489511464 C&P Ing 3489511464 C&P Ing 3489511464 C&P Ing 3489511464 C&P Ing 3489511464 C&P Ing 3489511464

MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA—The popular search engine Google announced plans Friday to launch a new site, TheGoogle.com, to appeal to older adults not able to navigate the original website's single text field and two clearly marked buttons. "The Google will have all the same information currently found on regular Google, but with the added features of not stealing your credit-card numbers or giving your computer all kinds of viruses," said Rick Tillich, The Google project director. "All you have to do to turn the website on is put the little blinking line thing in the cyberspace window at the top of the screen, type 'thegoogle.com,' and press 'return'—although it will also recognize http.wwwthegoogle.com, google.aol, and 'THEGOOGLE' typed into a Word document." Tillich added that he hopes the site will soon replace Yahoo Internet Website.com as the most popular search engine for users over 55.

http://www.theonion.com/article/google-launches-the-google-for-older-adults-5850
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:07 pm

blackie333 wrote:

In my estimation your complete knowledge of technology is the ability to know how to make Magics mouth move and say the things you want her to say when and if you choose to do so.
You are a puppet master but only own one puppet so are ineffectual really.
I have many puppets I keep dangling on strings, mostly females but not all  LMAO!

Magica isn't on here and she is her own woman.

And the only puppets you know how to work are these two. Rolling Eyes

C&P Ing Pinky-&-Perky-cls

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum